Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Yet ANOTHER Custard Cream Thread.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Painting Video
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjoUfvstkQ&

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-AU/Honoured-Imperium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw your suicide bomber acolytes throw 3d6 explosive charges from a rockgrinder at a unit of possessed and kill 7 of them

Second for 8e is boring

I cant wait to pick up my Start collecting Adeptus Custodes.

It's weird how much the LR and contemptor don't fit the rest of the army aesthetically. Everything else just has so much more detail and bling

Xth for actually enjoying this game

Sixth for 8e is bland

Which one?
Start Collecting Terminators, Wardens, or Bikers?

nth for someone hot-glued his Titan over his crushing fetish

Who is the big guy in this image? He looks cool.

Is he a new model?

Was thinking with a the Guardians first for a cheap HQ and Elite then pick up the bikes for a second HQ and of course bikes.

Part of a scenery kit, Honourable Imperium or something.

Slaanesh doesn’t need to be entirely sexual. It needs to be pretty on the surface, but shows how ugly it truly is the longer you look at it. Example mini: let’s make some EC terminator mini. He’s got gorgeous purple and gold armor, a cloak, wielding a halberd and a combi bolter. At a glance the cloak seems regal and flowing, a closer look reveals stitching and some holes, looking at those holes, they reveal that this cloak is made of flayed skin(imagine the Dark Eldar Archon cloak). Moving onto his armor, the deep purple and rich gold contrast each other well. As you look at the filigree, it curves and twists from the edges over the purple to an uncomfortable degree. It’s almost as if the gold is threatening to consume the purple. The halberd’s blade is long and flat and it broadens near the end extending further into a cruel curl. The haft ad cross guard are adorned with all sorts of trinkets and Slaaneshi icons. A lone tentacle wraps around the upper part of the haft leading back into the forearm of this Terminator. His face is a wide smile, looking closer this smile is uncomfortably open(imagine that tool they put on you at the dentists office to keep your lips open and separate) his eyes are wide, wide enough that's if they were mouths they would be screaming. And his combi bolter is decorated lavishly with sight being more cosmetic than practical. The barrels are sculpted to mirror his face, except screaming with an open mouth.
Something like that would be a cool aesthtic for Slaanesh to me.

games-workshop.com/en-AU/Honoured-Imperium

nth for no one hot-glueing celestine yet.

So nurgle is objectively the best this edition, but why has gw made it so?

No joke though, Age of Sigmar has Start Collecting Beastclaw Raiders which is just 5 models.

They are very elite like Custodes though.

I mean look at her shake. Shes so flimsy that the force of a nut would break her off her base.

What does your local shop/club/gaming group do to keep women (and minorities) out of 40k?

In our club everyone starts hollering and whistling when a woman comes in.

Local shop today had a loud and heated discussion about how feminism was ruining Star Wars.

Any female who walked in would be sure to be scared off.

>every army has a shit ton of sources to mortal wounds

Is this good or bad? It stops those indestructible fucks from being able to walk over anything not built to.hard counter them. But at the same time any specializations or high value units are worthless once they get hit by mortal wounds.

Or is it just the fact that some armies get a bucket of mortal wounds. Instead of having to make the decision as to what to remove safely they can just get rid of anything? Maybe it's too point efficient too. A lot of models that you target with mortal wounds can double the value of the unit applying said mortal wound.

Thoughts?

One of my GW managers is a woman

>Slaanesh doesn’t need to be entirely sexual.
Except that every Slaanesh "fan" is lobbying and screaming for those Diaz Daemonettes with titties to be brought back.
If it wasn't sexual almost no one would care about Slaanesh.

Are the wardens up for pre order this week or next?

Why does he have ''I wanna pee'' legs syndrome?

post pics

someone hasn't played necrons

Hey Veeky Forums How are Necrons doing in 8th? Im making some conversions for my DG and those new Necron models are quite awesome and most important PLASTIC, so there is litle temptation to try them out after I finish my DG project.

Sounds like a store full of retards lol

Custodes don't

Read “entirely”. Diaz babes were fine because Daemonettes are supposed to be 40k’s take on the Succubus.

Shit until Codex.

Someone has?

>The Astronomican's signal is strongest close to Terra and the Emperor of Mankind who is its source and gets increasingly weaker further away. It extends over a spherical area with a diameter of about 50,000 light years. The Astronomican does not extend to the extreme fringes of the galaxy, and because Terra is situated in the galactic West, its signal does not reach a massive swathe of the eastern part of the galaxy at all.
Then why is 70% of the Imperium to the east?

Agreed, I love the game and it feels the best it has been since like 4th edition. Army building, tactics, model selection are all excellent and I'm having tons of fun.

necrons are the worst mainline faction in 8th edition.

>No hover land raider
Why?

>his eyes are wide, wide enough that's if they were mouths they would be screaming.
You can always bet on painters to deliver on that part.

Litterally the worst army.
Everything about their army is hard countered by the meta and the new rules for 8th.

>land raider

That's not a thing. Rhinos are.

Friendly atmosphere, people usually willing for a game and good natured banter.

Truely my shop is the epicenter of scum and villainy

these all suck as reaction images

Most shops just need a woman to see all the unwashed neckbeards dwelling there to forever dissuade them.

For now I have a start collecting box and cadre fireblade. I'm thinking about getting another SC and Optimised Pathfinder box to build a 1000pts list.
Is it a good idea? I know that fire warriors are mediocre at best but the fireblade might help.
Also what should I buy next to expand into 1500pts? Broadside and 10 more FW with hope that codex will buff them a little bit?
>inb4 you will get tabled t1
Yeah, I know that Tau are in a bad shape right now but I want to play casual games. I don't mind losing as long as I'm a challenging opponent

Why is there a GW painted Dark Angel there?

He's just a normal dude.

They call me the betrayer... but it was I who was betrayed!

They were previewed this week so I'd say they're available come Saturday

See, it’s even accessible.

Do we know if bikes can be taken in units of 1 like terminators?

Some basic mathhammer says that most high-grade shooty units will take around two or three turns of fire to make their points back shooting basic Custodes, although I'm assuming they're all Guardians have 3++, cost 51ppm and no -1Hit auras are in play, so they get better against elites. Are they 51pts with storm shields or more?

Marauder Destroyer kills 2.82 a turn before losing 13/20 wounds to the 8 lascannons from the inevitable 2-raider strat, points back in 3.8 turns of fire.
Each singular Kastelan Dakkabot in Protector/Reroll Ones mode kills 0.77 Custodes, 2.7 turns to make points back or 2.07 with Elimination Protocols.
Onager Dunecrawler does jack shit to anything besides the Raiders and Dreads, should probably just try to down a bike or two or throw guaranteed D3 at spear boys.
Arquebi are completely anaemic, takes 3 turns of shooting to recoup their price alone before the Rangers even start doing any work.

If these guys have more than a couple dozen models in an average 2k list they're going to be really hard to down, since not much can walk off Admech top-tier dakka that well aside from Primarchs.
In terms of melee Fulgurites do work, but getting the charge will be a bit of a massive pain and I think the real strength there will be forcing the Custodes to throw big chunks of their dice into units that are in their side of the board, keep them off the guns and maybe down a squad if you're lucky.

He's just shy is all.

>I love the game
it's actually difficult for me to believe anybody loves 40k unless they've barely ever tried other games

the appeal of 40k is the models, the fluff, and the size of the playerbase; it's the lowest common denominator that unites a bunch of players that would otherwise all be playing games they each prefer but that are all different (eg one to warmachine, one to MtG, one to star wars armada, one to sigmar, etc)

What the fuck do you think dipshit

This is horrible. Necrons as supposed to be an unstoppable ancient evil, so they need to be scary as fuck.

Often enough the people who genuinely believe the community is full of unwashed neckbeards are the people perpetuating the stereotype.

Except Tau players. Tau players are scum.

Who betrayed you?

>Shit
>are the worst
>the worst army.
Sounds like my kind of army. Why they are so bad?

What you guys workin on

>i only kill long haired men

Yeah I find my potential 1 mortal wound on the charge on a 4+ per 3 reavers an excessive amount of mortal wounds.

Good thing I don't have access to any rerolls to wound or I might get a few mortal wounds from my mandrakes too.

I hope so. More excited for them then the terminators and bikes ironically

Because every army has an appeal to it.

Some have gold trim, cool power armor, mechs, waifus etc. Taking that away is like taking away the battle suits from tau.

It's really stupid.

To be honest, any large group of non-chads instantly scares off women.

Next week. This week it's terminators, Valoris and the codex.
Next week it's probably bikes and wardens.

>has Start Collecting Beastclaw Raiders which is just 5 models
Can't all Custode boxes be considered Start Collecting? Due to the nature of their boxes
>Each box can build an HQ.
>I think their Terminators can be min size 1 model

>Buy Terminators
>Get Vanguard consisting of Captain, Banner, and 3 units of 1 Terminator.

I always go out of my way to shower, slap on deodorant, and shave, an hour or two before every time I head out to the FLGS just to try and set an example

Alrighty boys, I can only afford one unit in addition to the codex, do I want: Valoris, Bikes, Allarus or Wardens?

It's about the smug face.

Terminators are 3 per box.

AndI don't think bikes have the standard bearer option.

Necrons back in the day had a thing that allowed nearly every gun in their army to shave a significant amount of health off vehicles. This was a good part of their anti tank.

This has since been replaced with -1 AP.

Additionally, they're not very tough for a slow army. This lack of offensive and defensive power, combined with the fact that they are now expensive as fuck (their AT is 75 points per shot at the cheapest) combines to make them terrible.

Overcosted, not great external balance, heavy reliance on a gimmick that can be easily negated by focus firing, lack of a variety of wargear, and AT

>it's actually difficult for me to believe anybody loves 40k unless they've barely ever tried other games
You are just jaded user. I've played a number of board games, MTG and hundreds of PC games that are similar to wargames and I'm loving 8th. True that models and background and are the biggest pull, but the game is plenty fine. I just don't concern myself over the "lore purity" of armies I build and try to play it as a game while using models that I love.

Rule of Cool?

Bikes.

I think yes. But I have asked if we actually know that. No rumour talked about squad size for wardens and bikes.

>I've played a number of board games, MTG and hundreds of PC games that are similar to wargames and I'm loving 8th.

so you have, in fact, not tried other games

Nah, most women find war gaming exceptionally boring. try asking them, you'l find out why, especially once you take away perceptions.

What could be done to make the Necrons better?

Golden bois are on 40mm right?

Expensive slow and tanky.

These are basically the worst playstyles to have ans they take all, and they don't even have the right kind of tanky. Deathguard for instance can still use their special fnp to ignore all types of damage.
And have different types of tanky to meet each situation.

Codex, you want the codex

If SW can put terminators into power armoured squads, I wonder if SW primaris squads can take gravis suits in MkX squads.

WHERE ARE THE PLASTIC SISTERS

SKREEE

CSM models update when?
GW pls they are so outdated
Gib Khorne stuff so i can start thinking between that or 1Keks.
What do bros

Might be because their WIP, but they look a bit thick.

I like the concept. Keep working on them. I want to see the finished product.

>nobody that has tried something else could like what I dont' like
>well of course the things that will disprove me don't count!

Sory for shit pic, my DG Hellbrute

That's another thing, but most women instinctively shy away from any large groups of beta men.

>my wargame cred is greater than yours!

Scions need to fire 18 plasma gun shots overcharged to kill 1 Custode, sword and board, by the Vexila.

Its enough to scare anyone away
I don't go to the LGS because the people there are all either enormously fat or ghoulish & lanky, greasy, smelly, sweaty disgusting barely humans. And shocker most of them play MTG.
And the smell, by god the smell

>well my specific army doesn't even though I could if I really wanted to

Okay, but how about the rest of it. Some thoughts besides "wah not me"

cool in general, except the head, i prefer the spoopy skull

Not really. just massively different interests

Thx for the info, I stay with DG.

But anons, it's just society telling women that, it's not who they really are.

Their weaponry should be buffed- gauss cannons especially. Ctan should be spooky.
Basically their doomsday weapons should be actual doomsday weapons- not just a marginal upgrade to a cheaper option for another army.

SOON

Tweak points, fix elite armies sucking.