Storytime: Its a Trap!

Tell me about your stories with traps of any kind.

>stalking around the dungeon
>notice a treasure chest
"I check for traps."
>the treasure chest is an illusion
>beneath the illusion is a pedestal that clearly has a slot that the McGuffin fits in
"I check the pedestal for traps."
>the pedestal is an illusion too
>mfw

>Be me
>A rip off of those fan warriors from Avatar The Last Airbender
>Player paladin acts chivalry, doesn't know I'm a guy.
>Let him do all those kind lady stuff for me like opening the door and etc...
>DM is trying to hold his shit from laughing, because he know my true gender
> 10/10 would let the paladin smash my boipussy

Here for the laughs

not disappointed

>find myself in a bar with my best friend, the stableboy
>am having a pretty good time, getting tipsy and venting how stressful the life of a noblewoman is
>suddently, bandits attack and burn the place down. Manage to save myself and the unconscious stableboy
>lots of burned corpses: get an awesome idea
>put on a tattered cloak and leave a torn-up dress behind, faking my death
>time to live a little: I'll set out with the hardy people who're emerging from the ruined bar
>they're treasure hunters, from what I overheard: this should be interesting
>it's just going to be us four: two guys, a strong knight and a carefree wizard, as well as a priestess of the Goddess of life.
>the company couldn't be better, although the wizard never really wants to engage me in conversation
>he gets all flustered and turns a funny shade of red whenever I catch him alone; it's such fun teasing him
>the knight is oblivious to this, although he really gets along well with the priestess
>after some time, our travelling leads us back to the desmesne of my family
>as we relax in a bar in a town not too far from the capital city, we have a chance encounter with my old nanny
>well, my cover's gone, just like that. I didn't want to worry her so, now I feel kind of bad
>the knight and the wizard seem shocked... oh yeah, they always did think I was a guy.
>oh hell, the wizard fainted again...

more!

>Be known to play female characters really well.
>New girl girls our group, she's really shy but really nice.
>decide to play a male character this time around as to not make things weird for the girl.
>mfw everyone in the group assumes its' a trap and warns the girl that my character is a trap.
>mfw she's really enthusiastic toward my character, assuming it's a trap.
>mfw I realize I'm unintentionally playing a reverse-reverse trap.

What happened to the stable boy?

Ask and you shall receive~

He got out with a few bruises and a bit of singed hair.

>keep going with my ruse and feign losing my memory
>I know the priestess looks right through me; she has the moment we met, but she covers for me even if she doesn't approve
>nanny is just happy I'm alive and well
>enthusiastic about having the family meet all my friends
>go and wake up the wizard, but he just gets really red as soon as he sees me, mutters something about a dream and goes back to sleep
>priestess says she should wake him and me and knight to grab a carriage
>we ride to meet with my parents and siblings. When we get there, they all embrace me, crying like babies
>well, shit. Now I just feel like a cunt
>no matter: keep my ruse going and do as if I finally got my memory back now that I've seen them all again.
>father throws a huge party for days: didn't think my old man had it in him
>wizard still gets flustered and stutter-y when I try to talk with him
>after the party, meet with the priestess and confess to her about what happened. It feels good getting it all off my chest like that
>the morning after, make up my mind and go talk to the wizard privately. I'm sick of being avoided
>corner him in the library, the little nerd.
>he blurts out that he was smitten the first time he saw me climbing out the burnt bar
>that must've been confusing, since I didn't look like a woman exactly
>ah, whatever. He's cute when he's all worked up like that

>that must've been confusing, since I didn't look like a woman exactly
not really, if he was already bi.
that being said, something makes me feel like this is either a made-up story or else it's headed toward ERP.

>He got out with a few bruises and a bit of singed hair.

Yeah, but did he know you faked your death or what? Did you just let him believe you died in the fire, and go on living with that guilt?

Do ambushes count as traps? I've been writing short stories about my warband in preperation for an upcoming Mordheim campaign set on our group's custom donutsteel 40K planet. I could post it if anyone has an interest.

>Tunning a 3.5 campaign back in college
>The barbarian falls into a pit trap with acid on the bottom
>Another player, who's playing a duskblade, gets all smug and is like "don't worry, guys, I got this. I can teleport!" and he leaps into the pit after the barbarian
>He's referring to the spell Dimension Hop, which lets you teleport a short distance
>Shorter than the depth of the pit, in fact
>And he can't take anyone with him
>And he has all the party's rope

I will never get tired of telling this story. Learn what your own spells do, kids.

>makoto

>trap

Reverse trap

>playing standard DnD with a couple of friends
>DM is kind of that guy
>basically know for trying to troll the shit out of everyone for his own laughs from time to time
>doing an autumn festival at the kingdom
>lots and lots of small tournies
>I as the Bard decide to do a poetry one
>write some shit about that seems deep but really isn't
>roll a 19 on Performance and like +8 from bonuses
>I win
>DM suddenly has one of the biggest nobleman offer his daughter in marriage
>I refuse
>he insists
>I refuse
>he insists again, people around insisting, girl herself insisting
>mfw looking at the DM, knowing full well he's trying to pull some shit
>IC my char kind of has no reason to refuse because he's a guy trying to restore his noble house's name that has fallen since last generation
>after must insisting, I sigh and accept
>everyone cheers, they rush us to be together and lone
>"ummm... There's just one thing... I am kind of cursed. From time to time, I have a... you know... down there. It happens 2 times a month. Unless the curse is stopped, this might keep happening. I hope it won't be too much trouble."
>mfw again

The fuck even reverse trap is?

Oh neat, Things That Never Happened's new season is out.

i mean, i know he was supposedly trying to troll you, but all things considered, two days out of a month isn't really that large of a percentage of time.

that being said, the repeated insisting tells you most definitely that something is up, roll Sense Motive or decide that your character spontaneously develops a Very Slight Case of Paranoia.

Girls that seem like or are presented as guys. Different from Tomboys but not mutually exclusive. Reverse trap could be just in appearance without the tomboy personality, and a tomboy could be very feminine in appearance despite rough and tumble attitude.

Usually, reverse traps are reverse reverse traps, where they are presented as a typical "Draw a girl and call it a boy" trap, only for it to later be revealed that of course the guy that looks exactly like a girl is really a girl. Sometimes the lengths it goes gets downright silly.
I remember there was one that was a girl that thought she was a boy that looked like a girl so she dressed as a girl to become more of a man. It was a reverse reverse reverse reverse trap.

A woman who dresses like a man, and is mistaken for one. Sometimes also called a Bifauxnen, because they're like a fake bishounen. It used to be more prevalent than regular traps if I remember rightly.

>Bifauxnen
Now you are speaking my language.
Thanks for explaination, both of you.

Not really. Her fans know she's female. At most she's a mild tomboy.

>Usually
I've only seen that twice, with Yukimura and the little brother(sister) from the same author's next series. Most of what I've seen has them looking like the typical prettyboys in the series, like Kashima who is nearly identical to Mikorin. I doubt someone who is unfamiliar to the characters can tell which is the woman from seeing them side by side.

... so what gender are they?

She can pass as male. She looks exactly like the older brother from that anime about the girl with the magical chastity belt who occasionally gets possessed by a ghost that wants to fuck said brother.

>man ritual

I'm picturing them trying to get drunk in parking lot or something.

Not quite.
Was it rape?

True, but I always tought the essence of being a trap is the performing act of passing as a female (and for a reverse trap as a male). So, Makoto not even trying to pass as a male and actually being kinda annoyed by all this should mean she's not a RT.

> Veeky Forums: ontology of the trap

Best boy and best girl

>pissing with a headset

Ok, I need and explanation now.

I disagree. Hideyoshi is arguably THE trap, and he both doesn't try to pass as female(unless forced to) and is quite annoyed by his feminine appearance. He has both of the qualities you say make Makoto not a reverse trap at an even more intense level, but I've never seen anyone entertain the thought that he isn't a trap and I doubt you can refute his status.

Haven't you seen the Naked Gun movies?

This thread is honestly making me think more than it should.

I'm still not convinced: Hideyoshi does try to pass as a female. At least... unconsciously? I mean, what does Makoto even do? It's not like she's dressed as a lumberjack and chugs cheap beer.

>but I'd like to see her trying

The party sent him in to try to Disarm Trap.

>Keep Talking And Nobody Accidentally Triggers The Trap.