What do you want from a return to tarkir?

What do you want from a return to tarkir?

Ugin's origins and why he is so fascinated by the eldrazi

Color corrected Wedges (Abzan is Black, Ojutai is Red, Sultai is Green, Mardu is White, Temur is Blue).

Dragons joining the Human Rebels.

Surrak to punch out Atarka.

Sarkhan confused on which side to support.

More Taigam cards would be nice too.

I want all the Elder Dragons to be annihilated! Completely erased from canon!

Fun fact. I almost typed out “Surrak to eat out Atarka”.

>fewer bad photoshop composites

You did in fact type that out, so it's no longer a fact.

Ah, but I was referring to the fact I had almost typed that out in my original post, rather than in general. So it continues to be a fact.

>Killing the titans actually does have consequences
>The presence of Ugin's magic and the hedrons crosses over back to Tarkir, leading to Sarkhan (Narset too if desired) time traveling to Ugin's origins. Helps "reset" the original timeline where Ugin helped the humans, giving them an edge, but the dragons dont go extinct.
>More time meddling leads back to the present time altered.
>Humans have banded to overthrow tbe dragons. Some dragons become servants, others as partners.
>Eventually the clans emerge, possibly renamed as a merger of the clan and dragon names. They gain their proper wedge color due to their previous cooperation.

THREE
COLOR
CLANS

Fuck, Tarkir introduced some of my favorite factions in the game's lore, then shit all over them in the third set.

We'll get enemy colored rebellions, then if we get a second set it'll be the proper clans. Or we'll get enemy colored rebellion leaders, then we'll see a balanced wedge leader in the same set, depending on how they want to do the story.

I want them to go back in time and reverse the set order so it makes some fucking sense.

>Color corrected Wedges
You know they were deliberately off-center, right? It wasn't a mistake.

Really? Because if they do the clans rediscovering their lost color, then they can have that color be the new focus!

I can’t tell if that’s brilliant or just lucky. Probably the later.

All of my money.

What would color-corrected wedges be?
Black Abzan - more sinister form of necromancy? Then you can count on another of Dromoka's autistic fits.
Red Jeskai - i'm honestly can't think of anything here.
Green Sultai - less focus on zombies, more "get riches fuck bitches"?
White Mardu could be actually cool and more in line with actual mongols, as opposed to meme mongols.
Blue Temur.... honestly wouldn't change much, maybe slightly more shamans.

The clans are very firmly centered on their main colors in KTK. If you want to make them "balanced" wedges, you should shift the other ally color to the unused enemy color.

Wgb Abzan -> Wrb
Uwr Jeskai -> Ugr
Bug Sultai -> Bwg
Rbw Mardu -> Ruw
Gru Temur -> Gbu

What I mean is that they should keep the clan colors, but change the focus. Instead of making Abzan Wrb, keep Mardu those colors but focus on White. So Abzan becomes the “Black faction”, while Jeskai is the Red focused faction, Sultai is Green, Mardu is white, and Temur Blue.

I don't necessarily WANT to go back to Tarkir any time soon but instead of time travel shit I'd rather see new leaders rise and usurp the Dragonlords. Flavor-wise, the idea of shifting the clans to more strongly focus on the enemy color would work well in conveying why and how the new clans are rebelling from their respective Dragonlord.

Legendary Rakshasa
a standard rotation that isn't ETB the gathering. Maybe put torpor orb on a nonbasic land.

If you're changing the focal color, you're basically changing the clan's entire identity imo. I don't think it works.

Given that the dragons had nearly 1300 years to shape what's left of each clan to their will I would expect new incarnations of the old clans to be very different from the old timeline's clans.

Kolaghan, The Last Dragonlord

They were deliberately off center so that they could ditch the enemy colors because...Dragons of Tarkir.
Maro's kind of dumb.

Dragons could have been enemy colors if they wanted.

That was actually the original plan but get this:
It would have led to too similar a draft environment where people would draft enemy colors, and then pick up a third, thus remaking the wedges, so they decided to go with allied colors instead to help push how different Dragons Tarkir is.

That'd make more sense for Kolaghan and Silumgar's designs.

Temporal anomalies begin to alter Tarkir's timeline again so that both futures exist simultaneously and factions begin warring against themselves. The source? Sarkhan is going mad and holds the memories of two worlds within his mind at once.
Timespiral 2.0 ensues with colorshifted cards and flip cards that can be played on either side with two different costs.

Well as it stands you can just draft ally colors and pick up a third, remaking the wedges anyway.

Yeah but that's awkward because that enemy color would mostly want its ally colors.
Meanwhile if Kolaghan was WR and Abzan was BW, for example, it'd make too much sense to draft Kolaghan+Abzan and play Mardu, where as what we got it made more sense to take RB Kolaghan and RG Atarka and make Jund

More black people.

But how will they get there from Theros?

Gosh, user. You don't have to explain why there's black people in your setting, it worked for Innistrad and it will work here.

technically that's not wrong, just like why you don't have to explain why there's white people in any given setting

The best bait is sprinkled with the spice of truth.

>Abzan is Black
Necromancy comes back with a vengeance and Dromoka has to keep the peace by fighting off the undead and neither side comes across well, since it's draconic oppression vs. radical necromancers.

>Ojutai is Red
Full on rebellion, with the Bloodfire being the crux of it. Probably doesn't make the new Jeskai look very good, since Ojutai is a master of propaganda.

>Sultai is Green
Dirty hippies start up into Slumgar's brood, maybe in an effort to keep things from stagnating into pointless decadence, especially with this next group on the doorstep. Slumgar probably is too lazy to stop it until they actually have some degree of power.

>Mardu is White
>A splinter faction of the Mardu arises from Kolaghan's cult of going fast, devoted to being organized soldier people and actually settling somewhere instead of going from place to place murderfucking everything. Kolaghan does not like this at all. War happens. It's awesome.

>Temur is Blue
I genuinely don't know how to do this one. I really like the original Temur frontier, but I guess they just figure out that Atarka is a fucking retard at some point and trick her into picking a fight with... I dunno. Dromoka. Then she loses, and that's it.

Narset and Sarkhan not joining the jacetice league. Actually no jacetice league, not even a cameo.

Koth to fall from the sky as a meteor and OHKO Ojutai. There he teaches them that Ojutai's teachings suck because there's no rage and fire and passion and shit.
Then he fucks Narset and the Ojutai faction all become earth/icebenders.

>Sarkhan going mad again
Can we not?

>I genuinely don't know how to do this one.
The Temur shamans making a resurgence and splintering off from Atarka. Heavy focus in ice magic.

Zurgo Helmsmasher should tear his way out of nonexistance and kill both narset and sarkhan

Words for me.