Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Got Ultramarined edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

the-american-catholic.com/2017/10/22/catholic-ethics-the-trolley-car-problem-and-driverless-cars/
youtu.be/sgu2AiBcVmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imperial Guard are the best simply because they're the worst.

Nth for whoever they may be

8th is significantly more boring and only marginally more balanced than 7th.

In a way yes. Mortal men defending their shit against things beyond comprehension.

7th was a bloat of rules and generally too much shit with roll tables.

7th edition wasn't a bland copy and paste between the different codex unlike 8th

>2++ and 3++ is literally non existent
>this is "marginally" more balanced

Custodes when?

What are some interesting Goliath paint schemes?

I'm struggling to come up with an good way to paint them. Maybe lots of tattoos?

How are scorpions for stabby anywho?

Are they just a boring tarpit unit?
Any interesting way to run them? Like the idea of eldar melee

Post more trolleys.

my dudes > your dudes

Are these threads purely for game talk or is novel talk also acceptable?

3+ invuls are still a thing and pretty easy to get though

Well, easy if you play power armor or AM

Between 10-13 Bong time

I mean the necrontyr got a pretty raw deal for the power of their bodies, so I supposed a revolt was in order...

repostin
How many Onager Dunecrawlers is too many?

Extreme newfag question

Is it possible to play a short campaign by yourself?

I ordered some IGs (and requisite modelling equipment) and was thinking about buying some orks for them to fight but I have no friends and I live alone in rural arizona 3 miles from my nearest neighbor

You'd be better making your own since you won't be spoilering the novel for those who haven't read it yet

Saw the tts, why don't they just make another emperor.

Have 100 seriously never commited mass suicide sinse?

The boringness is extremely subjective but I honestly don't know how you can say that it's only "marginally" more balanced, especially with the removal of formations which alone caused so much shit. Wraithknights, Riptides, D weapons, invisibility and summoning spam have also all been wiped. Sure, we have CP spam and -1 to hit stacks but it's nowhere near as bad. Not even fucking close.

Admech list with some curried Guardsmen, designed to take on a decent amount of heavy armour, lots of Marines, Custodes and GK and probably some Primarchs too. My local GW seems to have a real thing for elite armies, so I thought I'd kit myself out to fight them while I swear and search the floor for a set of Onager legplates I've been missing for two days.
Decided to drop my 20 Corpuscarii from my 3.5k Admech list for now, since against Custodes they only deal 10 wounds at the absolute best possible situation, and I'm not sure it's even possible to get 20 32mm bases into melee combat range against a unit of Custards. Decided to replace them with some bombs, some CP stealing and a little bit more anti-tank.

Stygies Brigade detachment:

Dominus, Anzion's relic, Erad Ray, Macrostubber, Prime Hermeticon 127
Dominus, Volkite & phosphor 127
Enginseer 47

3 Plasma/Flamer Destroyers 201
2x5 Rangers, 2 Arquebi, Omnispex 92x2 (184)
3x5 Rangers, Omnispex 42x3

20 Fulgurites 320
20 Fulgurites 320
Datasmith 44

Dragoon, pistol 72
Dragoon 68
Dragoon 68

3 Dakkastelans 330
4x Neutronager, Stubber x2, BSDT 145x4 (580)

Guard SHA Detachment:

Marauder Destroyer, missiles 549

Catachan Spearhead Detachment

CCommander, shotgun, Kurov's Aquila 30/1CP
3x Cyclops Demo Vehicle 60x3 (180)

I have 127 spare points, 12CP in my pocket and no more HS slots to put more crawlers in. No idea how to spend them, seems to be just enough points to not settle for another Dragoon or something but not enough to buy a proper tank or other unit.
Regiment is Catachan because I wanted bigger bombs, hopefully converting all the Guard stuff lovingly will win me enough goodwill for that. Is the armageddon Basilisk any good? I can JUST afford one, with the extra stubber because Admech likes those for reasons.

No limits. Skitarii armoured company.

>year of the xenos

I new a guy who had serious memory problems and would set up games, play one side, leave for a while, and then come back later and play the other side after he'd forgotten any sort of tactics

Mortal wounds would had balanced 7th instead of D cancer, also fucking invisibility have to go

One of the more ignorant things I've heard today

4 is probably the absolute maximum you should field at 3k or below.
Assuming they're all Neutron Lasers. If you have some Heavy Phosphor Blasters or Eradication Beamers, then fine, like 6-7.

well I mean they'e for 40k... generally

Now with Christian Ethics
the-american-catholic.com/2017/10/22/catholic-ethics-the-trolley-car-problem-and-driverless-cars/

>Looked through the Admech codex
>it’s so bland and monotone
>has none of the cool rules and abilities that made them so cool
Goodnight sweet prince, you were too good for this edition

youtu.be/sgu2AiBcVmY

My guard want to fight the Xenos! Why is it always the Heretics and Mutants?

Wow these look ugly from behind.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, my man. Looks good to me

Okay guy from a few threads back who picked up a bunch of DC for a flesh tears force, I have a small list of 800pts am I heading in the right direction?

Vanguard Detachment
HQ
Chaplain, Inferno Pistol, Jump Pack, Heroic Bearing Warlord Trait - 99pts

Elites
Death Company - x10, Jump Packs, x2 Thunder Hammers, x4 Power Swords & Bolt Pistols, x2 Inferno Pistols & Chainswords, x2 Bolt Pistol & Chainsword - 266pts

Death Company - x10, Jump Packs, x2 Thunder Hammers, x8 Boltgun & Chainsword - 232pts

Death Company Dreadnought - Pair of Furioso Fists, x1 Meltagun, x1 Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers - 174pts

Total: 771pts/51PL

Replace ad mech with (x-tyranids) and you've the described the 8e experience.

forgot picture

Because aside from Nids and CWE everyone else is index.

that file name

So thats where the titty plate is going.

Wow, of all the places I’d expect to see double effect discussed, a loliposting subspace on a Transylvanian bookbinding discussion forum was not one of them.

But why tho

Speaking about Oldcrons vs Newcrons, I really lost a ton of respect for ADB when he said that he really liked the Newcrons.

Wouldn't the trolly be trespassing?

Nothing too spoileriffic:
What went down in the Aigor 991 incident that kept getting mentioned in the book? Did Abnett release any Ghosts short stories set after Salvation's Reach?
Now that the Ghosts and Saint Sabbat are both on Urdesh, Milo comeback when?

how the fuck is the newcron vs oldcron debate still going, jesus christ
oldcrons were fucking boring metal tyranids
newcrons are kangs in space
stop being fags, they both suck

Why only 4 neutron? and why 6-7 of the others?

>get glands and biomorphs
>get hive fleet traits
>more units get better, reworked customization abilities
>some units get entirely new abilities mentioned in lore, or just from models
No. Skitarii lost scout, crusader, and real doctrina, not to mention the buckets of special abilities units had. Rest In Peace neuroststic aura

The torso design. Arms and butt cape are fine.

Probably because he's paid to endorce

Jesus, what sculptor thought this looked okay?

Whats your pick for best non LoW unit in the game /40kg? I say Wulfen, 245 for 5 with Hammer/shield. 16 attacks at s10 -3 3, 3++/5+++ with move 7, inherent advance + charge and reroll charges. They also auto attack back when killed in melee and give SW dudes are them +1 attack and reroll charges as well. They get DS with a 1cp strat. They also don't even have their chapter tactics yet so they'll get even better.

Have you entered for your chance to win, Veeky Forums?

This just in: local artificer armor in great mood

I'm saying that every faction other than nids got an utterly boring and bland codex.

So question, am I reading the new daemon codex right and you can no longer put slaanesh heralds on steeds or chariots?

This. He'd be out of a job if he talked shit on GW

Welcome to Veeky Forums, sempai. Only board you'll ever need.

who thought some retard will question what a sculptor thought was ok ... is the better question

If I take a Questor Imperialis Super Heavy Aux detachment with a knight in it I can use the rotate ion shields stratagem on said knight correct? The knight will be deploying with a space marine battalion detachment

Admech is 1000x more interesting when you drop mars and go Stygies VIII.

You can use Index entries for anything not present in a codex.

Consensus is split between this being a sign of Slaanesh being next on the update list OR Slaanesh being soft squatted.

I don't see the issue, I guess you don't like the exhausts? They're fine by me

You can use the index options

>take the even more boring -1 to hit and infiltrate stratagem force
ayy
l
m
a
o

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHEN WILL WE GET PLASTIC IG THAT AREN'T CADIANS OR CATACHANS

I WANT MY FUCKING TALLARNS, ATTILANS VOSTROYANS

WHY MAKE GREAT RULES FOR THEM IF YOU WON'T MAKE PLASTIC MINIATURES

I FUCKING HATE THOSE AMERICAN FOOTBALL LOOKING RETARDS AND THOSE BORING RAMBO TARDS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MAKE NEW MINIS OR ELSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The units and wargear options in the codices are irrelevant. They ruled you don't have to use them. So why are people always so butthurt about the subtractions every time.

Looks fine to me, I really dont see what the problem is.

Really? That's the straw that broke the camel's back? ADB was a raging faggot long before that.

The Warp was a very different space 10.000 BC.
Unless, of course, Chaos is eternal and timeless and nothing makes any fucking sense anymore because how could the Emperor be born at all when Chaos is eternal and timeless and thus the Immaterium would have been already fucked up at that point and this shit has become incredibly dumb.

If you have a Questor Imperialis detachment you get Questor Imperialis stratagems, so yes.

Fuck your hyper specific subfaction of a subfaction that only 200 people worldwide tops plays

Make plastic Harakoni that are just Cadians with cooler armor and gas masks and grav chutes

*farts on your miniatures*
hehehe oops

>with his mouth full of updates the guard player cries for more

I want rough riders too in plastic but knowing these current crop of designers I imagine we wouldn't get attilans on horses, probably some stupid lizard muscle mounts on tracks or some stupid shit like that

Oh, gotcha. Still not sure if I agree. Marines, orks, CWE, Daemons, definitely chaos marines, Guard, even sisters and little armies all got more and cooler stuff without losing really anything. I don’t know DEldar so can’t say, and tau are more bad rules than scrapped rules. Necrons are an even worse version of this.

Admech were almost entirely dependent on abilities that worked really well with the 7th ruleset, and in 8th lost almost all of it (which is weird cause 90% of their stuff is easy to transfer). GSC got fucked though too, right?

Compare to the back of a regular custard.

How effective is a Suicide Onager equipped with a Eradication beamer? Its as cheap as chips for a tank, and with Stygies infiltration, it seems like a good way to bomb some fuckers for 120 points and pull fire away from other more vulnerable units.

>Fuck your hyper specific subfaction of a subfaction that only 200 people worldwide tops plays
>brings up the meme harakonis

I thought Chaos was asleep for most of time.

But still I thought the emperor was made in response to chaos

Because contrary to what memers and retards want you to believe, people that came to the game in 3rd and 4th edition are still a significant part of the community and people don't forget the shit they were introduced to and that they liked.
Which is why Chaos Undivided, Oldcrons and Tyranids being the greatest threat are still going strong and the Cabal, Perpetuals, Sangy the Archtraitor or whatever shit they came up with lately is already sliding into obscurity.

I think someone has a bit of growing up to do

Most people play Cadia because it's the only models, especially since in previous editions there was no reason to play other regiments except for flavour
And with the new rules a hell of a lot more people are playing Tallarns, Vallhallans etc

>GSC got fucked though too, right?
GSC are better off than admech, because being without a codex leaves them open to fixing.

>no cute girl will fart on your miniature

Why do we even move on.

>Fuck your hyper specific subfaction of a subfaction that only 200 people worldwide tops plays
Where did you get that idea? Does that mean a 10th of all guard players live in Florida because I know my local store has 20-odd guard players.

Yeah the regular one is nicer but the Allarus one isn't bad either imo

convince me not to buy 12 land raiders

The Emprah was made because the psykers of Earth foresaw that shit would go real bad real soon and the relatively peaceful Warp that allowed for safe travel, use and reincarnation would become a raging inflamed asshole when when the forces of Chaos would be unleashed for real.
Except when everything in there is nonlinear and timeless and it doesn't fucking work anymore.

no

>Not taking Graia
>Not flooding the field with Warriors of the Omnissiah
>Not telling Psykers to fuck off
>Not taking Lascannons to the face like a champ
>Not shooting directly into Close Combat

Fuck off you hereteks.

Dude, there are layers in the Warp. The upper layer of the Warp is where psykers can see into and people can travel through.

Then there is the lower layer. The heart of the terror. Here is absolute madness and entropy where no sane psyker would dare try to look. Warpships cannot break into that layer and if they are dragged there they are destroyed.

The Chaos Gods were bidding their time in the lower layer and then reached up to say hello to the galaxy.

They are transports.
You won't have enough points to field the stuff inside them.

And all 20 play Tallarn, huh? Get the fuck out

Yeah, and?

I like both.

So I was told to pick up those basilisk and DKK, and I did.
I'm not sure if I'm counting the Heavy Weapons teams correctly. They are suspiciously cheap to me.
Also, rate my meme list.

what if i pay 20k point games exclusively?