/swg/ - Hawkbat Country Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread: → → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Legion AT-ST preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
Legion T-47 Airspeeder preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

Have any of your PCs done spice?

Shit, messed up the link to the last thread.

story behind the PC(?) art

I'm gonna guess that someone wanted a picture of duros Hunter S Thompson

>No, you're making overzealous claims and then walking them back. Come on faggot.

I have not walked a single thing back, nor have my claims been overzealous. And you know this. I have given full, direct, honest, and logical supporting statements to my every opinion, showing how each of them is reasonable and sound.

And you cannot respond to this. You don't have an argument, and thus you are responding with ad hominem, the last resort of the desperate and the hopeless. You've lost, user. It is over, and I don't even *need* the high ground.

don't bring your retarded arguments to a new thread you fucking faggots

I have a feeling it's already over anyway.

well i have a bad feeling about this.

Well, I have a *PURE PAZAAK*
shut the fuck up atton

>FFG puts up a new X-wing article
>"Here's a guest article written by someone pretty good at the game"
>"Hey guys, remember there's a meta"
Wow sick article thanks dude

Sweet Life Day all the new party members were fucking awful.
Thank Sheeve for HK, T3, and Canderous.

when I put the Armada/Legion articles in the OP I intended for people to rotate articles in/out as they got released

nobody but me ever does it when they make the threads, though, like this time

>just got into Xwing
>only played a few games locally with friends
>favorite ship so far is pretty meta
>probably going to get nerfed if the complaining continues

feels bad man

Miranda/Ten isn't quite Miranda/Nym but I'll be sad if they nerf the K-wing

atton was such a fucking faggot
and that floating ball droid, did anyone ever even bother using it?

And who had the genius idea to not let you fuck the scantily clad redhead?

>JEDI AND SITH ARE BOTH PLEBS WHO ONLY EVER FIGHT EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME FOREVER
>I’LL USE MY VASTLY SUPERIOR MACHINE INTELLECT TO PLAY THE MARKET AGAINST BOTH OF THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL INEVITABLY FAIL JUST LIKE ALL ORGANIZED FAITHS *tips motivator*

They haven't nerfed Miranda beyond nerfing Adv. Slam, which was more targeted at 3K lists than Miranda. I honestly don't think Miranda needs a targeted nerf like other people do. She's a jack of all everything beyond high agility, sure, but she pays the points for it being around half your list.

I think one of the things people lost how to do was how to not joust against lists and still engage properly. I blame the lack of TIE swarms since wave 9 or so to teach people proper approach habits. Because all I'm seeing out of the Nymiranda lists is people falling right into the lists trap. Also the lack of competitive ion doesn't help things. Best I could come up with is Scum Boba with an ion cannon and VI. Put an ion token on Nym and he's dead in the water.

Better than nothing. Might help out a few newbies right before regionals and system opens. I mean, what would an article tell an experienced players anyway?

K-wing already got the only nerf its going to get with the A-slam change, it's not really the problem anymore, just a boringly solid and reliable ship. There probably should be some tuning for bomblets though, and everyone is still unsatisfied with TLT but it's a necessary evil since all other turrets are 90% dogshit, so Miranda probably won't get touched. Short of a ruling that Genius and bomb launch don't work together I don't think Nym will get changes either, I think we're just in for an era of boring tanky heavy bombers.

My Xbox copy of KOTOR 2 built up glitches like mad and gradually started superimposing textures at random back in the day.
My teenage self wasn’t entirely sure how to feel when Mira’s cleavage started appearing in place of my male Exile’s ass with increasing frequency during the endgame arc.

Is the sith empire war against the old republic from kotor (and second one in the mmo) still canon?
I know the kotor games are no longer canon but what about the wars that happened before the games?

>Star Wars used to have a huge stable of competent, varied games

>modern Star Wars has a loot crate simulator to go along with the latest horrible film...or you could play the MMO whose only enjoyment is to be found in its story missions

we didn't know how good we had it

>what would an article tell an experienced players anyway?
Well they could have gone for something aimed more towards intermediate players like actually talking about the things coming up in the meta and potential ways to deal with them, perhaps covered the proper approach habits you pointed out people lacking. They could also have talked about potential harpoon spam lists people might be running and how to deal with them, ways to deal with rebel wookiespam, that kind of shit. I don't think an article that basically boils down to "meta is a thing, and in the past we all used jumpmasters" is helpful to anyone, even the most beginnery beginners.

Someone who wanted to make her a lesbo.

that's kinda hot

exclusively selling the rights to making games to a single company was such a retarded decision

The story of Lucasarts in the early 2000s is pretty interesting actually

All kinds of shit went wrong in a massive comedy of errors

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE ARGUMENT EVEN
LITERALLY THE LAST DOZEN RESPONSES WERE MOLYNEUX TIER 'NOT AN ARGUMENT' 'NO U'
HOLY FUCK

The climax of Rebels Season 2 takes place in an ancient Sith ziggurat covered in the petrified corpses of Jedi and Sith locked in battle, and the weapon responsible for their sudden death is activated by a female-voiced holocron that has suspiciously familiar opinions about the nature of choice.

There are implications that its canon but if they go back to it they've made it clear that they aren't going to do more then take suggestions and considerations to the games.

Malachor is different from how its presented already, and I'm sure we'll see more like that as we get closer to whatever media will cover that time period in full.

Good to know
hopefully they'll keep it implied and never actually use the characters cause they'll assuredly fuck it up

>exclusively selling the rights to making games to a single company was such a retarded decision

>Star Wars 1313 will never happen
>The live action Star Wars series that was going to be a gritty crime drama will never happen
>the only Wars series left is Clone Wars' vastly inferior successor, and it's being ended
>whatever replaces it is sure to be worse

Oh, is she? I just figured she was her writer's waifu and he didn't wanna share.

why do things only get worse?
Why can't things get better for once?
I would like to have hope for the future again please

That kind makes me wonder why Kreia never just made a holocron.
If you're all about this great goal that you're going to teach to people, wouldn't it make sense to keep at least some form of your ideas alive after death to hopefully see others share your views, and thus your goals?

It's overtly Not-Kreia, though I think Filoni said he entertained the idea of it actually being so.
That said most of the shit lifted from the EU wholesale has come out pretty good, inb4 people bitching that Thrawn has only MOSTLY single-handedly wiped out the entire Rebel Alliance before the New Hopening

A fedora without a real plan? I'm shocked.

>live action star wars series that was going to be a gritty crime drama will never happen
They're doing something to the effect of the first bit, lord knows how much the second part will apply. Also I've admittedly got hope for what'll most likely be LFA/Filoni's attempt to make the 6-7 or 8-9 era not suck balls.

kreia didn't believe in what she taught
she was just bitter

The one who wanted you to have better taste in waifus, user.

Since the K-Wing is in X-Wing, is the Imperial Missile Boat in there too?

The Missile Boat predates the K-Wing so.

All the waifus were shit, though. At least Mira ticked off a few of my fetishes.

giving exclusive rights to EA was retarded, they have a good game now and again but they're two monetized now

but I agree we didn't know how good we had it, hell even if they just remastered the old games we'd be swamped with cool games again, BF1's graphics were gorgeous (is it just me or was BF2 a downgrade) and most of the base models would already be there like stormtroopers and droids.

Gunboat's the next expansion my dude.
It's also currently the only ship that can both SLAM and JAM for maximum memeage iirc

>Live-action Star Wars series
I mean Marvel let Netflix take a crack at doing that and it gave us Daredevil, so if we end up with the Daredevil of the SWU I'm gonna be over the moon.
I've heard that Disney acquiring a bunch of stuff means they want to move all their IP's off Netflix though, so if true it's up in the air where it will end up.

Literally the last wave, people didn't shut up about it for months in the lead-up. Now that it's out it's just kinda eh though.

>reading about Kotor 2 because of ongoing thread conversation
>have played the game half a dozen times to completion, more than once as each alignment
>if you play as a woman there's a different companion instead of Handmaiden

I literally didn't know about this until just now, I have never heard of or seen this character's dialog before, I'm not convinced I haven't been dropped into an alternate timeline somehow

>Visas
>Blind
>Hijab
>Submissive masochist

Visas is best girl for best fetishes, you dirty pleb. What fetishes does Mira satisfy? Ugly skank?

Fucking same.

Current word is they want their own netflix with blackjack and hookers, and will probably have the LA star wars as their equivalent of STD as a 'flagship' show for the service.
Hopefully it's nowhere near as cancerous as STD is to the source material but god fucking knows.

But that would force people on Netflix to buy a new service just for their content, it's not enough to warrent

Well the most probable reason you've never known this is because he's the shitiest companion possible.
He's boring, just lore dumps things that you could learn from other sources and then proceeds to do nothing.
You're better off installing the mod that allows you to get Handmaiden as a female PC.
It also makes all the cut scenes between her and Visas hilarious since now half your crew wants to fuck you.

this version is, it's alright, had a few fuck everything up with harpoon missiles in an Epic game recently

Disney earns like half of all movie dollars or some shit, people will subscribe, probably

As someone who plays as a woman normally, you're not missing out; the Handmaiden is a better companion than the Disciple IMO.

But... we don't all have the money to get all these other services

I know how that feels, I only learned recently you could make all your companions Jedi

Disciple is pretty bad though, was always disappointed you couldn't get Handmaiden as fem-exile

STD's debut lead to the single highest amount of All Access subscriptions they ever had since the thing started up in 2014.
You'd be surprised, if the SW brand doesn't crash and burn from the movies before they try it.
You're also underestimating just how much fucking content Disney is accumulating. Their own library ALONE is pretty massive, nevermind Mahvel, Fox, and SW, and god knows whatever else will come along.

yeah but the disciple is the one who's legends canon

if you're an unwashed neet, probably
normies can afford another small monthly toss in the pond

Actually, oddly enough, all of the companions are Legends canon. Yes, even though they're gender-locked, it's canon that the Handmaiden and the Disciple both went with the Exile.

huh, did not know that.

Genderfluid exile confirmed?

But then un-confirmed, because no longer canon.

I'm sorry, what?

Would infiltrating a thinly-veiled expy of Space Station 13 make for a good Age of Rebellion adventure?

No, the "canonical" Exile was female.

What sort of list would compliment Shara Bey with Weapons Engineer and M9-G8?

K-Wing with ordinance?

Aces?

I'd do it in EotE, personally.

>STD
what an unfortunate abbreviation

Does that mod mean the Handmaiden will refer to the Exile as male when everyone else refers to them as female? That'd be a little jarring if so.

I actually don't remember for sure but I think the moder actually replaced all the he/him with she/her.

>half your crew wants to fuck you.
gangbang mod when

and she doesn't look like any of the selectable portraits for her. The canon for the exile is a farce.

It's kinda interesting to me that, in pursuit of adapting the films to something that better suits a competitive game, EAFront and Legion ended up looking a lot like each other.

It could probably work well for any of them.

Wasn't the canon for everything KotOR related kind of a crapshoot from "bad" - "acceptable"? I know when TOR bought out the Revan expansion there was some uproar about it being kind of crap, though I'm not sure how much of that was game related, and the Revan novel is considered to be not so great. I've only heard that like 3rd hand though, so I'd be happy if they were wrong.

It's also full of faggots to the point there was a massive uproar when one got killed.
It's poetry, or something.

Set it in the Corporate Sector for maximum malfeasance combined with punch-clock incompetence.

What is the SW equivalent for the Vox, Toydarians?

Yeah. But I was kinda fond of them basically choosing the Revan head I used to be canon

Either that or Neimoidians.

How do you figure? Swaths of nameless mooks with the occasional named guy running around stomping ass?

>tfw no proper KOTOR III ever

I think the main problem most people had with the TOR canon was that it basically retconned everything from 2.
That and I think that they killed the Exile and T3 in shitty ways and made Raven a chump.

TOR also made him look rather silly. And it seems as if taking off his mask was extremely painful.

what's STD supposed to stand for
I don't want to google "star wars STD"

Star Trek Discovery

First time in Veeky Forums so bear with me.
Me and a group of friends figured it would be a nice idea to start dabbling into Star Wars RPGs since the current games are either mobile trash or just plain mediocre. I'm the one with a bit more of experience in the subject since I played the old Saga RPG several years ago, and I was wondering which one of the current games would be more engaging for new people who have literally never played a tabletop RPG before? Personally I'm torn between Edge of the Empire or Force and Destiny, the latter seems tempting because lightsabers and shit, but the former kind of sounds like it would be a bit more appropiate?
TL;DR: Which SW RPG would be better for a bunch of noobs to get into?

Just visually, watching either game from above they would look a lot similar. Something about the unit counts, map design, etc

No wonder I didn't figure it out, I know basically nothing about star trek

If all players want to be jedis, force and destiny is better, if there are various players who want to be normal dudes, edge of empire is better

It's shit.

>giving exclusive rights to EA was retarded
Electronic Arts, putting the FU into fun since '82

You'd probably be ok with EotE to start off, its fairly simple, lot of material for it now and easy to run. Course a lot of that comes down to what people want to play, you can run both in parallel without too many problems as the systems are completely compatible so I've found starting force users to be a little underwhelming when set up next to equivalent normal, non-force sensitives.
It works itself out in the long run though.

NanoTrasen would be right at home in the Corporate Sector. Hell, their security staff already look like bootleg Espos.

So how are people building Colonel Vessery these days? He was one of my favorite pilots to fly before the new Defender upgrades came out. I’d love to build a list with him and a Starwing since they’re my two favorite ships.

IMO Edge of the Empire, it's a bit more relateable to normal people when you can do heists, pirates and other normal movie style plots bit IN SPACE!!!

force and destiny I haven't played but players may be a bit underwhelmed if you're pitching it as "you're force users" but they're really low level and don't actually have that many powers

meant for

this will always be the case when you canonize a character that was designed to be a literal self-insert

>everything KotOR related
Except for the Zayne Carrick comics, which were pretty neat.

how to use the armored MC75?
it has no obvious tactic other than double zoning, which the ordnance does better
its a bit of a master of none to me

or is it just a budget capital ship to save cash, instead of using the MC80

>Revan goes to the unknown regions to fight the hidden "True Sith"
>Kreia comes back as a dark spirit

doesn't sound like retcons to me