Non-Humanoid Races

I'm a little bored of the 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head race.
What else you got?

Other urls found in this thread:

falsepositivecomic.com/2014/07/01/redeem-page-16-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=IVIzcMF2Kc4
orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45bd210a5cbe1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the centauroid group. It includes a lot of bullshit like mermaids and whatever that were from mythology, which is neat.

Also, I like bug people with all sorts of varying amounts of arms. And robots that are just angry cubes.

mostly stuff from my horror folder

Partially relevant. I'm certain that some of that shit was part of the author's magic realm but still very interesting.

>2 arms, 2 legs, and a head race.
user, if you're going to go the horror route, at least make it not just some skinny human in bandages. How about a nice hat?

For some reason I find this extinct species of rhinoceros somewhat sapient-looking, in the wise old hermit kind of way.

This image is really cool. It has these very alien creatures relaxing and possibly just shooting the breeze. It sparks a lot of ideas one might not initially consider.

>meanwhile in Russia

Indeed. I'd love to see more artwork like it.

Greatest Race coming through.

Get out of here with your biotech

>Alternate universe travelling biology taken to it's ultimate eldritch state.

Get out of here you BIG STUPID JELLYFISH!

so non-humanoid races = aberrations?

Giant bronze age mollusk people who may or may not be cannibals.

the black one's LITTLE TINY PAWS

posting weird bug pictures?

have a homemade shitty meme

He has a ton

I like it

You want non-humanoid races or non-humanoid _playable_ races?

>Meet this ancient, venerable mothefucker from some planet on the other side of the galaxy or some such
>Tries to pull a power move on you by having a bath with just you, naked
itsmycultureuracists.epng
>It's working
>You can't concentrate on anything but how cute his widdle feetie-weetie
>Surely it wouldn't hurt if you just wiggled one toe, right?

>not immediately fucking the other one
wait, this isn't /d/

Can we cuddle after?

>''SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!''

You need puppeteers

Humanoid means 2 legs, body, 2 arms, head. Anything that has something close or similar to the human shape. Those images and any other like those in this thread are not related.

I swear, prehistorical megafauna do look like magical creatures. That fucker must have had some additional ice damage to that goring.

kek

Man, Baron Harkonnen really let himself go!

>Mass Effect is Spelljammer

>running a one-shot for the new year period for a couple of my players
>doing a stupid dungeon crawl
>took a few requests of things everyone would like to see
>One of them asks to see a flumph
>give them a flumph with a weapon in every tentacle
For a finale, it sure beat the room full of giant sharks in the previous room.

I want to know where this is going. What is this?

It's Slaughterhouse Five

>a unholy patchwork of corpses, bones and dead wood held together by magic and hatred for the living
>counts as humanoid because it stands on two legs (+ a massive tail twice as long as its body) and has a primary head and a pair of arms bigger than the others
sheesh, you're particular

haha benis

Found it
falsepositivecomic.com/2014/07/01/redeem-page-16-2/

That's kind of underwhelming, but thanks.

I like that they talk in colour.

Imagine that you meet an alien race, you've learnt their language, but when you first meet they refuse to talk in person unless you wear a space-burkha.
Fast-forward as few years, you get 'close' to one of these aliens, intimately close.
And as they disrobe completely you finally understood why the purpose behind the space-burkha.
Their dicks look like humans. Not literal humans, but close enough. The 'head' has a covering of flexible keratin that look like hair, as well as two pincer arms that are surprisingly flexible.

How fast would you kill yourself or the alien race upon the realization that the human races resembles the alien's ding-dongs?

I particularly like the backstory of these being biological robots designed by radially symmetrical gas giant dwellers to go explore rocky planets.

Speaking of non-humanlike races, does anyone have that pdf of ways to make creatures more mentally/culturally alien?

Similar response on their part really. Once there is a face to face meeting they realise that we're not just waiting to form a composite body. All further attempts at contact have been met with awkward silence.

Dunno about pdfs but binging Isaac Arthur's alien stuff should stimulate a few funky ideas.

youtube.com/watch?v=IVIzcMF2Kc4

76 replies without some 40ktard screaming about xenos, world record.

If you can't make an interesting character as a human, then you shouldn't be playing tabletop.
Nonhuman races are a crutch for lazy people and furfags

>calling spec bio lazy and for furfags

Opinion discarded dude, honestly, troll harder.

Like fucking clockwork.

Here's your (you).

Orion's Arm has some pretty non-human xenos: orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45bd210a5cbe1

>muh aliens
Worthless. It's just a human wearing a bug suit. You'll never be able to really play anything other than a human so you're just doing it to be "special"

I've mostly used humanoid aliens for the major factions on a space opera setting I've been making (it's kind of part of the classic space opera style, I think), but I also included one species obligatory arthropoid aliens. They're also the ones I ended up doing most sketches for because turns out I'm a lot worse at drawing humanoids.

I've had some fun running sessions fighting an aggressive modular mind in a Stars Without Number. One of the subsumed PCs had the bright idea of triggering an epileptic fit from within.

Still pretty good bait.

I love bugs. They're the best.

This is bait but if you believe this you are the laziest man on mars, Droppo.

I should probably clarify that the PC in question was a (literal) separatist alien who had voluntarily fused some of their neural ganglions to resemble human hemispheres. The fits were a side effect which then spread to the whole mind.

What a bro.

This show was the tits

Hey guys can I be a player race?

What a fucking trash website. Its not even the color scheme, just the way it's laid out.

The best OA xenos are those who don't even live in the same galactic group as the Terragens.

Izzat you, deep-sea mermaid user?

Why not mantis shrimp?

This guy gets it.

Side question, do you guys know any books were the main character isn't a humanoid?

Barlowe’s interpretation of a Puppeteer was the first I saw, and I refuse to accept anything else for it. I don’t care how “similar” it is to Earth life.