1d4chan.org/wiki/Clan_Jamcreermin
youtube.com/watch?v=gmBj8r1-fDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inventing an immortality serum.

they already have that, its warpmeth

a Literal rocketship.

Shooting the moon was pretty badass

That time they built a nuke.

>The heart of a skaven is a terribly inefficient device, pumping blood too slowly and prone to weakness in times of stress. Naturally, the Warlock Engineers can improve on nature, and some have volunteered to have their hearts replaced with a warpstone furnace.

Also that time they built a transcontinental railway system.

Doomwheel.

seconded. skaven space program makes everything else in the setting look lame by comparison.

I can't find it, when did they get to space and is there an image of the rocketship?

which time are you refering to?

Skaven are pretty similar to the Dawi, in that sense that the only thing holding them back from world domination is their own Autism.

gotrek & felix novel for the nuke, i think

the roketship is Total Warhammer 2

The giant laser cannon they built to destroy the moon.

I would say at least that difference between the two is that the Skaven's reach is far longer than its grasp.

The Dwarves have a handle on their industrial basis. Factories, interchangable parts, mass production of tanks, weapons, steamships, turrets, helicopters.

However the Skaven are far more innovative, as example, their effective development of an atomic weapon, machine guns, gas weaponry, tunneling.

In a straight up war of attrition, I'd argue that the Skaven would win if they managed to get their shit more in order if only by merit of their larger numbers and potentially deadlier weaponry. Though, if the Dwarves matched them by developing their own gas weapons, machine guns, etc. and put them to better use things would rapidly shift in their favor too.

Dwarfs can't mass produce shit, each piece is an artisans work.
Skaven are the ones you'll find actually mass producing once they stumble across a working prototype.

The Dwarves have invented most of that, but it's not considered safe to use until its been tested for at least five to eight hundred years.
Why use something that blows up once in ten thousand times when you can use something that blows up once in the entire history of Dwarfkind?

Building "Farsqueaker" and communicating with it with Eldars/Old Ones

That was an Old One device they found.
The Farsqueaker is skaven skype.

My bad then. Farsqueaker is kinda cool tho.

I mean managing to get a piece of Old One tech to work is still a pretty massive accomplishment.

They didn't do anything to get it working though, they just fiddled with it and then shot it to hell when Space Elves started speaking though it.

Miniguns.

There's that skaven from Mordheim who suffered horrific wounds during a battle and was later rebuilt as a robocop-rat.

I never got the skaven are competent inventors bullshit. They're edgy retards who kill and slaughter eachother left and right. Theres no time or place for infrastructure or stability required for research.

Truly, skaven are nothing more than a bad meme nobody actually cares about.

Get a load-load of this man-thing!
Lookit him! Lookit him and cackle-laugh!

>Theres no time or place for infrastructure or stability

The same Skaven and clans ruled the species for thousands of year. They're more stable than humanity.

shoes

I’m AoS they were creating titans large enough to House entire armies in

The rat paper-mills.

youtube.com/watch?v=ez7qAJJEmbQ
Skip to 8:40

That poor pilot...

you know i literally just got that the moon being made of Warpstone is a green cheese joke that itself was probably the genesis of the Skaven concept originally

>Andy what have you got for the pitch meeting
>OK, right, what if... beastmen who were also rats heard that the moon was made of green cheese
>yes go on

youtu.be/MbiAetIuwo8?t=43

He died as he lived; wallowing in the fantasy of his own personnel megalomania.

Anytime a Skaven gets their hands on something really powerful like a warpfire thrower or a hellpit abomination, they get super excited and think they're king or the world. That Skaven was probably having the best time of his life until (and during) the reentry and his subsequent death.

>Rip happy rat. What would he have done in he landed safely?

looks heroic

If he survived the crash he would have died fighting the people who discovered the wreckage.

Anyone wish they were more renegade and had "good factions"?

Insane skaven who try fucking everything technological and are unafraid of death might be an interesting random factor in AoS (or 40k with a right port).

>Grey Seer riding a screaming bell and having the time of his life
>Doesn't realize he's showing his exposed bum to the assembled troops each time the bell swings

Nah, Skaven are perfect as they are in Fantasy.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Clan_Jamcreermin

Most of the Skaven that actually do research are pretty high-ranking, and have plenty of slaves and assistants to sacrifice as need be. Since they'll probably get a lot of funding - or at least potential buyers after - for creative products or inventions that benefit Skaven somehow, they throw something together as fast as they can (with problems and all), sell it off so they can afford their next round of experimenting, and later generations perfect it if they ever get around to it. They also have no qualms about stealing the ideas of other races or other Skaven.

I use experimenting instead of research since they're more a 'stick stuff together and see what works' sort of inventing, rather than actual deliberate and careful research like humans, and definitely not like dwarves. They don't care if it will hold up for hundreds of years, just if it works now and doesn't explode too many slaves.

Does skaven society even allow for it?

Between Feudal and Industrial era where do they fit in terms of how their society functions

>Does Skaven society allow you to enslave the lower classes to do repetitive, monotonous, potentially dangerous factory work?

I don't know. Maybe they could do with being a little bit less one-dimensional but a "good faction" or even a neutral one would require a fairly massive rewriting of their backstory. It's also hard to imagine how they could remain "skaven" if they are no longer cowardly and scheming.

Clan Mors?

But you see sonny age of sigmar is a mountain of burning rat shit

Something like that, yes. They're still nasty and destructive but the story around their unheard-of loyalty and dedication to the goals of the clan makes them stand apart from the rest of the skaven.

Their construction of tunnels to the new world by burrowing under the ocean floor.

No fuck that.

desu you are a tasteless nigger

Magic counts as a science yes?

the Skaven pestilence wizards created the great plague of 1111 (Warhammer's version of the Black death) Which was incredibly effective at making things die.

They fit in the 'hellscape mad science dystopia era'

no

Why is it that the skaven have never bothered with the creation and application of flying creatures or machines? Stick a pair of wings on a rat, loot a gyrocopter and invent Warpstone powered jet engines or hell, domesticated some wild cave bats.

Skaven have a hard time comprehending the sky

Moulder are shown to have winged skaven in one of the Gotrek and Felix books. The one where they are in Praag.

Is that what's keeping Skrolk alive?

Because the shelf life of his body must be shorter than cracked eggs on hot tarmac.

>Praag

I just can't figure out what city that's based on!

Wait, when did this happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=gmBj8r1-fDo
Pretty much this. He has so many diseases in his body that they cancel each other out and make him immortal.

Military tech or Civillian tech?

Military wise, I would say that it would have to be the Warp Lightning Cannon. I mean, it's a giant fuck-off laser cannon; how much more high-tach can you get than that. And it has a success rate of 65%, that shit's downright unheard of.

As for more civillian machines, I'd have to say that would go to their intercontinental railway. The rocket ship they made was pretty impressive, but compared to keeping a semi-functional railway running between the Old World and the New World, the rocket just pales in comparison.

Saved. Why do I always miss the good discussions?

To be boring, I would imagine skaven paper is similar to papyrus, and made from a wetland plant farmed in the marshes near Skavenblight by slaves.

They have brain surgery.

But all of them are brain-damaged.

exactly

The invention of pointy sticks and maybe the wheel.

Skaven are just living life on easy mode because they get to use warpstone. Dwarves actually invent things.

>easymode
>debilitating mutations and cancers
>everyone is literally ratfuck-awful and there's no trust

Small price to pay for EZ-nooks

The use of warpstone is in no way less of a non-legitimate application of magic. The only thing separating dwarf-rune enhanced engines from rattling guns and rattling guns from necromancer bone constructs is the school of magic being applied.

How would you implement the skaven or skaven-like creatures in a D&D game. Ideally I want to do it the laziest way possible, like salvaging existing statblocks. I've considered both wererats and kobolds.

Not canon.

building on these posts, Thanquol finds the flying Skaven to be abominable deviation from the sacred rat-form.

>not paper

Reykjavík

They have done some stuff like it before, its just never mentioned or has had rules. Unfortunately I couldn't find a larger picture of the Isle of Blood box art

It has a fantastic name to be sure.

Bump of rat sciance

I to bump-jostle thread thing.

Obviously guns.

>Guns
>Not power armor
>Not spacecraft
>Not doomsday devices
>Not parasite engines