/40kg/ - Warhammer 40,000 General

Eldar Space Marines Edition

Last Thread: >Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/17/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-3-war-machinesgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rrjq0nn2JSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone make a plasma cannon upgrade for the baneblade kit?

What's Tzeentch's favorite trolley problem?

You mean like the main cannon? I think you can fit the Blood & Skulls Industry nova cannon onto the Stormlord mount.

Yea, the main cannon. I'll check it out.

probably the most complicated one

The one that benefits the lever puller and the people on the tracks but doesn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rrjq0nn2JSk

Standard troop is around 55~ pts.

Terminators are around 90~ pts.

Bikes are 90/105pts depending on loadout.

160pts for a Captain on Jetbike. 7 wounds and T6.

Jesus Christ.

Fuck those things are so rad, even if their guns are kinda dull. I'm gonna need to get my hands on at least 9 and magnetise them with both their own guns and conversions of the FW biker guns.

any news about the 1000sons updates? I heard they beat the custodes by objectives on warhammer live, but that doesnt say much how good or bad they really are.

True, though Kant focuses more on duty and subordination to the categorical imperative/moral law than reasoning through right and wrong like Aquinas or something. The emperor would love Kant.

The double slit experiment but with trollies forming a wave pattern after smashing into a wall on just two tracks when unobserved.

>90 points
>for a 4 wound T5 2+/3++ model that literally hits like a battlecannon with BS/WS2+
Christ in heaven, did you learn what the balistus launcher does?

The grenade Launcher is Assault D3, Str 4, Ap-3, 1 damage. 12" range.

Kinda meh, but it gives them access to a lot of amazing stratagems so... its worth it.

>1CP to lower opponents charge or move by D6 within 12"
>1cp to stop opponents overwatch and give them -1 to hit
>1cp to shoot characters even if they aren't closest

My friend just picked up the "Know No Fear" 40k starter pack as he wanted to start building a death guard/nurgle army as his first 40k army, and this would give us the forces to play small games to get started (I'm also just starting out, but also building an admech army). Would it be possible to paint these ultramarines that come in the pack as salamanders and run them as such in games without any issues? Or would there be some problems with that?

I have no clue but there needs to be a Tzeentch trolley problem so I can have something fun to think about while painting my Thousand Sons and daemons.

If the hurricane ones are 90 pts I'm struggling to see why you'd pick the other cause volume of fire will probably be better in most cases.

Eh, not much of a punch but it being assault type and multi shot on average is nice

If you're ok with a turret and are made out of money, you can get their base plate, turret and a pair of nova cannons to make pic related.

Do they have Smurg iconography on the mold or are they just Primaris? Because if they're just regular dudes you can paint them whatever chapter you want.

Fuck that kind of looks cool. I might get two of the cannons cause they're kind of stubby and use the big square turret from the base kit.

>a 5-man squad of terminators near buff can mercy a T3 character and then kill a Leman Russ in combat
Oh lawd

Do we know cost of axes?

Yeah the marines in the starting box can be painted as anyone and don't have any molded chapter iconography.

Smurg? You mean 'smurf'? No, the ultramarine symbols are only in stickers. Seem to just be regular primaris (captain in gravis armour, intercessors, interceptor, and hellblasters).

Alright. Was hoping so, but didn't know if different chapters would limit certain units. Only really read up on AdMech stuff so far.

What is their endgame?

1st for best primarch.

I didn't spellcheck before hitting post, yeah I meant smurf.
If the symbols are just stickers you can paint them however you want.

To actually evolve in to a melee race.

This is all well and good but I think this army is going to suffer against horde armies that can tarpit/get serious board presence and fast armies that can outmanoeuvre them. Especially if you're playing for objectives where custards have extremely limited presence, speed (except for expensive bikes) and reach.

So I’ve been building s gorkanaut today and I fucking hate this kit. I accidentally assembeled the legs backwards and said fuck it I’m rolling with this so now it doesn’t drag on the floor and stands more upright and honestly is overall better looking

Anyone try the Rogue Trader RPG? Is it any good?

>FW models are not in this book
welp lessens my want to purchase this

yeah its good

How can we save Tau as a concept? They started up being an empire of xenos with different roles but nowadays they've got different anime suits doing different things.

The fuck did you expect?

>FW models are not in this book

Welcome to just about every codex since 6e.

That much was obvious.
Just gotta hope FW releases it in the time frame unlike Cyraxus's

We already knew this, where have you been?

GW doesn't really like giving rules for FW models in mainline codexes unless they make a plastic version of it.

hyped for bananawing
we can't, make a new minor xenos coalition type faction instead

> Custodes Limited Edition codex looks like a lovely book, poised to order it immediately
> $335 AUD

Whelp, scrap that idea.

Being less mono-dimensional and interacting in more phases would probably help.
So Kroot not sucking for starters and being relevant

>Australia

The Prisoners Dilemma edition

IIRC, they mentioned on stream that there was some way the launchers could be made to be Assault 1 S10 AP-3 Dd3. That plus the target character stratgem means even tankier ones like bobby G have reason to fear

I don't think it needs saving but I'd really like more xenos. Play up the federation aspect. You've got mind control worms, psychic polar bears, asteroid mining dwarves, post-apocalyptic dog-lizards, literal frogmen... But we've been stuck with kroot and vespid since 4th. Fucking Dark Eldar get more varied xenos than us.

I know, I should know better than to think GW isn't going to fuck us on pricing.

But still, $70 AUD for a had cover codex is an acceptable price. $140 for the basic collectiors edition is a bit objectionable, but $335 or more for the special edition is just taking the piss.

Isn't that just a relic though, so can only have one of it

What possible reason could you have not to pull the lever other than the paranoia that the other person is a total psychopath?

I dunno, I only know it was mentioned that it existed, not sure if it's a relic or stratagem

>making yourself an active member of the system by pulling the lever
Great, now you're a murderer

WL Traits:

Champ of Emperor: Friendly Custodes can heroically intervene within 6"

Peerless Warrior: Your warlords attacks explode on 6s in melee.

Superior Creation: 5+ fnp

Impregnably mind: Can deny witch 1 per psychic phase, add 1 to this deny.

Radiant Mantle: -1 to hit your warlord.

Emperor's Champion: Reroll dice for damage on your warlord.

Relics:

Oblitarum: replaces grenade launcher, Assault 1, Str 10, -4ap, D3 damage.

Raiment of Sorrows: Roll d6 each time custodes bike or infantry dies, on a 4+ can shoot or attack. Banner relic. Can't use stratagem which also does this.

Eagles eye. Improve invuln by 1 to max of 3+.

Auric Aquilas. Bike with 3+ invuln save.

Praetorean Plate: Terminator armour. Pick an imperium character, when they are charged, your custodian appears 3" away and effectively heroicaly intervenes.

Wrath of Angles: Banner Bearer with -1 to hit banner. Loses -1 to hit. Friendly Imperium models pass morale phases. 1 time use 6" d3 mortal wounds against all people. Less likely to affect Custodes.

Auric Shackles: -1 attack to enemies. Gives extra points for slay the warlord in games.

Castellans mark: Can remove the character and a unit and set up somewhere else. Like mark of deceiver. After set up but before start.

Faith absolute: -1 to hit banner only. Loses -1 to hit, friendly imperium and biker units within 6" pass morale. Can attempt to deny one power per turn.

The best means to survive and have the least culpability is to not pull the lever.

If you both pull levers, 4 people die so not much of an improvement
I'd just not touch a thing and absolve my guilt knowing it was a lose-lose and I didn't select anyone to die

>Be Blood Drinker
>Fall to Black Rage
>Choose between heresy and insanity.

3 command points:

Teleport within 6" of Vexila termiantor, and 3" from an enemy.

Nani the fuck!?

>This Golden Boy strikes DEEP and basically you're a heretic

Can you use that the same turn the banner banana deep strikes in?
Because if so, then oh baby, now we're cooking with gas

*unsheathes Guardian spear*
Nothing personnel, heretic.

Holy fuck

while these are super cool, what the fuck do they do against a swarm of gants?

>Immune to morale relic banner
>5++ FNP trait
>3++ bike
>All that teleport
oh dear

>Impregnably mind: Can deny witch 1 per psychic phase, add 1 to this deny.

Psykers BTFO

Well don't move close to the banner dude then. Or just kill the fucker, I mean if you throw 20 Genestealers at him he's not likely to still be in one piece for long I think.

Wait, so if you're playing biker boys in gold, since you can have a biker shield captain
Your HQ can be a Character with T6 W7 2+ 3++ 5+++
14'' move and Fly too
oh my god

>Praetorean Plate: Terminator armour. Pick an imperium character, when they are charged, your custodian appears 3" away and effectively heroicaly intervenes.

This is going to be nuts with Celestine as the character protected.

oouch.. that stings.

we still re-roll charge, basterd

>psssh...nothing personnel...kid...

>It's only one deny attempt

Oh boy, that's a whole less Smite out of the 20!

I've went from damned ultra marines to admech to eldar and now astra militarum. I need help lol

>Champ of Emperor
>Emperor's Champion
doubt

There is also a stratagem to deny the witch as if a psyker if a custodes is within 12" of the caster.

This is what pheromone trails should be. Now I'm mad.

Maybe the rule is actually called 'Chimp of the Emperor'

>What are Beta test rules
good luck with that

Re-rolling 1s for hits within 6" of him as well(Including himself).

i think the ACTUAL prisoner dilemma is a better example than this picture.

So what you're saying is that GW will make the beta test rules official the instant the custodes codex drops? Where did you get this rumor from?

Christ, I wanted to play custodes for those sweet jetbikes and not having to paint 300 dudes, but they just seem like they're gonna be too dumb for casual play.

When a unit shoots at Raven Guard and at least one model is within 12 inches, do the rest of the unit still have deal with the -1 to hit and have to roll their hits separately?

What’s the best 40k list building app for iPad these days? Quartermaster doesn’t update the templates fast enough.

Yes.

Don't forget that a 2000 army is going to have around 19 models.
Like holy shit, even my space marines would outnumber them enough to just run rings around them and get all the objective behind their backs.

You and me both

They might cause a bit of havoc casually, but I suspect in any sort of competitive environment they will get stomped.

So I got my list where I want it I think, for my Slaanesh daemons list.
Warlord is gonna be one of my princes, he's gonna get Mark of excess and the trait that gives him an extra attack with every character he wipes.
Need suggestions on psychic powers for the princes and heralds though. Should I even bother?

They'll just soup up and use their character buffs as well as infantry buffs to make insane Imperial Guard soup lists.

Ye, done nothing but get shit on by my buddies for saying I like the new stuff and wanna branch into them.

>GW will never release plastic sis-

Get a Soulgrinder.

Although maybe not, you sound like a pussy. You'd make it a Soygrinder.

Well, most likely after the initial hype the only time custodes willl see actual play is just as one of the ingredients of Imperial Soup.

Does anyone have the screencap of the Warhammer FB post about how the World Eaters Berzerkers extra attack works?

I've got two laying about, but they are terribly overcosted and the princes do a fine job of 7 s7 attacks a turn.

Still more interested in psychic powers though.

There is always the FW stuff too, that could shore up gaps to make a more full fledged army

Maybe the Vexila guy, but their units are so expensive I wonder if Imperial Soup would be willing to pay for them.

put it on an assassin

I'm just starting out with 40k. As a european, what are my best options for shopping 40k models and accessories, and painting equipment online? What sites do you guys use? I'm looking to save money since this is gonna cost a lot.

warstore is pretty gud

Is it viable to play Custodes without bikes?

Thanks!