How do bad guys build their evil lairs?

How do bad guys build their evil lairs?

Ahh, poor Carpenter
I guess they’re rich or have some form of power. Or some kind of backers with a lot of money

By convincing the local government that an evil lair will bring jobs to the area.

>How do bad guys build their evil lairs?

Cheap migrant labor that can be paid under the table to both work and keep their mouth's shut.
Having some sort of mutation or paranormal ability that easily allows one to make or construct evil lairs.
Inheriting an evil lair or the money and resources to make one.... Or just STEALING one from another villain like some sort of evil hermit crab.
They can also just be a multi-million cooperation and the government will allow you to do whatever the fuck you want because you got all the money and can afford to not pay by the normal man's laws.

That only works for Lex Luthor.

>Terra-Con provides discreet, efficient general contracting services to people with demanding plans and requirements.

>Able to take payment in cash, credit, gold bullion, alien power supplies or Latvarian Doombucks, our accounting services allow you to use funds that might otherwise be challenging to monetize.

>Not just new construction! We also offer renovations to old warehouses, asylums and sewers to meet your every need. From high speed wireless internet to the latest and most exotic security measures, we can make it work.

>Our decorators know you have your own personal style. Giant toys, huge funhouse mirrors, ancient Egyptian revival or Lewis Carol's wonderland, we will work hard to get every detail right so it's not just a lair, it's YOUR lair.

>Think big. Think Terra-Con.

This.
If you're living in a 'super' world with lots of meta humans running around and super heroes and super villains than I can guarantee you they'll be a neutral company that specializes in constructing... "eccentric facilities for private use"- no questions asked, the buyer/owner is held entirely responsible, they're just the hired help.

I think it was ?Batman? but there's been at least 2 or so comics about a TAILOR who does something like that: they basically operate at night and make the various suits n' costumes for all the villains in Gotham.

They build everyone else's lairs. She's probably loaded to the gills with illicit cash.

Noice

Where do the bullets (or nails, assuming it is a nailgun to match the theme) come from in that gun.

It's a nailgun, you load the nails in there.

Unless you've got one of those pressurized nailguns, you can't do jack to a person unless you've got the nailgun pressed right against their skin.

The main antagonist of my superhero setting is a Sorceress Queen, who has a vast, evil lair underneath the city, filled with all sorts of traps and creatures pulled across the black gulfs of space to deter intruders. She has a particularly antiquated taste in architecture, since she's an immortal who ruled an ancient empire of wizards some tens of thousands of years ago.

As for the wider setting, construction and maintenance has changed dramatically by the sudden appearance of superpowered individuals. People who can make extra tough materials are employed full time to repair collateral damage or reinforce infrastructure to prevent the latest superpowered villain taking it out with one hit. Magic users are also making a killing by providing enchantments for structural integrity, special security measure, temperature control and, in some cases, pocket dimensions. If you have enough money and know the right people, your house can be both extremely comfy and superhazard proof.

>Or just STEALING one from another villain like some sort of evil hermit crab
I'll never hide. I can't! I'm too shiny!

With slaves.

there are gunpowder ones too, but the same kinda applies.

So wait, you made a Carpenter thread on /co/ too. What's up with that?

>Dohoho! This'll wake those anons up!
(You)

I was reading the Rules Compendium for Basic D&D and got the feeling that a lot of 'evil lairs' and dungeons were really just laboratories and experiment sites that wizards either died or forgot about and let get overgrown.

The gunpowder ones require a LOT of pressure to push down the muzzle to allow it to fire. Used to use one while working construction. You'd tear through the skin and break down with the pressure before you'd be able to fire. Had to push my entire upper body weight down on it.

More villains should be like Lex Luthor, in all honesty.

I would ratger the villain tell me his nuclear arsenal is for a fucking real estate scam instead of giving some long melodramatic speech about the "greater good"

Also a theme that popped up in a few Spider-Man comics - basically a tailor most heroes and villains go to and who has neutrality rules in place, as well as having them both get alternate days. Also seems to be something Tinke4er has been doing lately by posing as his own brother in a mesh double for the less tech inclined heroes.

Trying to get mexicans to pay for it.

With kickstarter money

Friendly reminder that Franklin's arguments against slavery is basically the same as modern day anti-migration arguments: slaves are less productive than paid workers, steal jobs from poor whites and their presence will lead to racial tensions.

>tfw most people who ironically kickstart a super villain's lair.

Nails don't fly real well.

it's_just_a_fucking_joke.png

what did the dumb animeposter mean by this

Jokes are usually funny though, and not just some parroted bit of ignorance disguised as a witty remark. Why don’t you try taking a shot at airline food next?

why are there so many smug SJWs on this board?

very good point there

The absolute state of americans

She's adorable.

In a mountain on an island

Its like you guys dont even watch Batman.

They all use abandoned werehouses, the joke espeically like themeparks and toy companies. The mad hatter uses things like mazes and installs alice in wonderland paraphinalia. This is because in Batman they are villains first and science fiction supers second. Although there are some ocassions where the Penguin used a rare bird aviary, Poison Ivy has used an abandoned farm, greenhouses all the way up to a health spa. Those ninjas were the only ones that actually had a proper HQ which was basically some form of offlimits gentilmans club with secret ruins inside.

Patrician.

If youve never played this game. Play it.

Samefag.

And every major sports franchise
>Inb4 franchise owners aren't evil

>abandoned werehouses
Renovated warehouses, actually. The carpenter is 100% canon, and Gotham city sirens established that she pretty much does all of it

They inherit them. They would never be so gauche and common as to build them themselves. None of my players have read girl genius, so none of them notice that my recurring evil families are blatant ripoffs

Reinstalling this game now. My god its been years.....

By aquiring some prime business real estate at the heart of a city's business and financial district then hiring a design team to optimize the work spaces while fostering a pile of corporate buzzwords. He doesn't care hosently he has people to do that for him. What's important is being seen as the financial juggernaut that he is.

How's the base building in this? I tend to be terrible at this sort of thing if given free reign over lair layout and everything. I'm no architect.

The primary abolitionist argument was always moral.The practical arguments were always just to support that.

Which is why the sane members on the pro side are against just bringing them in and dumping them in the middle of a field. Rather they work with volunteer groups to help them settle and lobby for less shitty migration laws.

IMO it's in every way worse then Dungeon Keeper 1/2 if that's any point of comparison but it's still not that bad. Cool Aesthetic if you like cheesy spy shit, though.

It's hilarious to me that, as well, it was a pro-slavery argument that the working class wouldn't provide the services that slaves do at a rate that's affordable and literally look down on and wouldn't do the work, much as is said about illegal immigrants now to justify their presence. It's an interesting thought.

And he was right.

>the political party that made slavery one of its core tenets and said that its political platform would always be based on slavery continues to advocate slavery, just without calling it slavery
really rolls the ol' dice, huh? the democratic party makes a fucking fantastic BBEG

I still think the best argument against slavery from the time period that I have even partially read was the book "The Impending Crisis of the South" by Hinton Helper, and that book has virtually no moral appeals, or at least not ones egalitarians would like since the author used the data he found (such as Northern Agriculture actually being more lucrative in some respects than southern agriculture) as argument that slavery was chiefly bad for whites.

user both sides know we need a working under/slave class. Its why the laws are so fucked in the first place and simple measures like workplace enforcement sparks fighting on all sides.