Weekend Warcraft Lore General

How To Train Your Dragon(flight) Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

First for GORIA

So who would win in a fight between Alleria Windrunner and Vol'jin, if they're both allowed to use the max of their Shadow and Hunter abilities?

Vol'jin, no contest

Eh. Alleria has had thousands of years of combat experience due to Nether shenanigans, but she's only recently mastered her Shadow powers. It's a bit hard to tell.

Alleria can probably detect shadow-concealed movement and neutralize his defensive voodoo's with her power, then shoot him in the head.
Also he died to a random felguard sneaking up on him or Alliance/(Sylvanas) Windrunner fanboys so his odds aren't actually that good.

baaaw why are night elves in the alliance ;_;

ok good, we got that out of the way

I want to play as a female Mogu

THALASSIAN ELVES BELONG IN THE ALLIANCE

ALL LAND IS TROLL LAND

GARITHOS/DAELIN/GARROSH/ZUL'JIN/SYLVANAS DID NOTHING WRONG

LORDAERON BELONGS TO HUMANITY/THE FORSAKEN

ORCS ARE PURE EVIL SCUM

There, got it all out of the way now.

Quilboar Allied Race soon.

You forgot a lot actually but we don't need to shit the bed yet, we've got all thread and all weekend.

I unironically think they're building up Quilboar to be the Alliance's Allied Race in comparison to Horde Vulpera.

I legitimately wouldn't mind this. They'd be a great race for Shaman too.

>pigs and foxes
>Orcs hunt pigs
>Gilneans hunt foxes

Anyway, it appears that Elune is visible from Elunaria (Eonar's hiding place), many of the in-universe depictions of Azeroth and other spheres circling around it (including the one in Return to the Karazhan dungeon; in Library's upper floor) shows more than just Azeroth and 2 moons, which are usually not visible from Azeroth.

Here's the problem though: we can actually see White Lady (the bigger moon, aka. Mu'sha/Elune) visible from Elunaria (it IS the same Moon) along with other planets that are in relative close proximity, though we can't see Azeroth, which is covered in a cloud (which was where Sargeras were until other Titans dragged him to Seat of the Pantheon using power of Argus [Titan]).

So it seems quite likely that up until the day Medivh was slain by Khadgar and Lothar, all those planets were seen from Azeroth, but when Medivh was slain, Sargeras preferred to stay around Azeroth like a beacon for the Legion, which is why invasions on Azeroth intensified, as they had better orientation on the position of this planet, but also obscured other celestial bodies around/close to Azeroth.

Which would mean Eaonar (and maybe other titans too) were actually located rather close to Azeroth all this time, and could be captured by the Legion relatively recently and twisted to service of Sargeras.

Or it was actually Eonar who was responsible for all seeming divine interventions of Elune. After all, it is more likely that Elves changed original name of the Tears of Elune to fit their religion.

I laugh everytime some novel describes Gilneans or Varian or whatever going on "hunts" when they're not even Hunters and never do things like that in the game. It's like the writer is more concerned with suddenly playing up the medieval aspect instead of being faithful to the setting.

>Quilboar help to broker a peace between humans and gnolls

You lads did her quest and saved her right?

Wait are you seriously saying that massive cloud that Sargeras was hiding in during Antorus, the one that progressively enveloped more and more of the planet during the raid, was always there?

...what?

>The Klaxxi hate the Sha and see it was a disgusting weakness that needs to be expelled before it corrupts their race any further
>Btw dudes the Sha is from Y'shaarj
>wtf I love the Sha now

Am I the only one who thought this shit was dumb?

I dunno, The max of Vol'jin's shadow abilities involves calling death up so he can do him a favor, I'd say that tips the scales pretty in his favor

What's the cooler Eredar mutation? Man'ari or Lightforged?

>Quilboar and Gnolls bruteforce the Kobolds into not being cowardly shits
>suddenly Mongrel Alliance backed by the coffers of Stormwind & Ironforge

They always knew the Sha were from Y'shaarj, they just thought they were pale echos of his power that weren't worth their worship.

They didn't turn until the Heart of Y'shaarj came into Garrosh's possession. Heart is a physical part of him, so I suppose they thought it had more sway than dull echos.

>We're finally going to have an expansion without Draenei
Jesus finally. They are hands down the worst part of the WoW lore, and as a priest player it pisses me off that they made it so that all priests were actually just worshiping shitty alien light bulbs all along who can very easily be killed/corrupted/btfo'd

Alleria ate a Naaru.
Man'ari, but then again they're not a mutation to begin with. Just retconned to be one.

Lost Ones.

>tfw no playable Orc skull collectors

user I...

>tfw no playable Draenei skeleton collectors

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They're playable sure, but they aren't gonna have any story relevance especially since I'm playing horde. Argus made me want to blow my brains out helping all the shitty space goats

At least since Medivh's death, yes. Even Old Draenor has more rich in planets sky than Azeroth, despite the fact that in Karazhan and in fortress of the Moonguard you can see that there should be more than 2 moons around Azeroth.

Eonar's sanctuary that Legion invade in Antorus, Elunaria, is a place that is relatively close to Azeroth, as White Lady (bigger of Azeroth's two moons) is visible from there from rather close range. And it IS the same Moon, as you can match the appearance.
Also, it happens to match with visions shown by Star Augur in Nighthold when he shows world taken over by the forces of the Void.

>Horde
Then why do you give a damn about what Light priests worship? You guys just worship the sun, your ancestors, loa and gold.

>Playing a priest
There's your problem. Priests are just paladins who haven't taken their balls out of their purses yet. blizzard confirmed it during the Paladin Order Hall.

Sure user, we'll all suck your dick when you turn out to be right. Keep that pecker out and ready, y'hear?

I'm still putting my money on Vol'jin

>Horde on Argus.
Your story in Legion ended with Gul'dan. After that it was all Alliance time. With a little bit of Liadrin helping to suck off lightforged dick on the Vindicaar.

Because I play as a Forsaken disc priest who still remains steadfast and loyal to the light even if it burns my very soul to use their power

Do priests have the worst conclusion out of all of the Class Hall campaigns? It's literally just them getting their asses kicked by some demons, then the paladins showing up and saving the day. They don't accomplish anything besides save another useless fucking Naaru.

Which is a crying shame because frankly priests were always the far more interesting class. Especially before the whole void/old god retardation

>Alleria ate a Naaru.
A Naaru that others had to beat for her.
Pathetic.

well druids last mission is moving yet another sanctuary to the broken isles because they are the new hip place.

Vol'jin never did get that Garrosh kill, despite all the help.

Do any of the classes have satisfying stories? Seems every one is about playing grabass, except for DKs and Paladins which are all about fellating you as the true heroes of the setting.

As a hunter main, Unseen Path was suffering.

Then you still shouldn't be concerned because despite what you think you know, the Naaru are only creatures of the Light, not its creators. Naaru worship is Draenei exclusive.

Seems that Vol'jin used us as his arrow, because he knows, unlike Thrall, how fucking annoying it is to have a kill stolen.

Regarding the Klaxxi/Sha thing wasn't it more that under its influence the queen was bringing them to ruin

The Shaman campaign was about bringing the elemental lords to balance and/or power, and outright replacing Ragnaros and Al'Akir. Due to how shamans work you're basically backed by the most powerful forces on Azeroth and honestly, the planetside half of the war should have been fucking over from that point forward.
>Just fucking melt, electrocute, and sink the entire Tomb of Sargeras while Primal elementals form 4-man raid teams to destroy basically everything the Legion tried to do.

>DKs
>Heroes
They quite literally attack and undermine the entire war effort at every turn just so Bolvar can have some raid bosses when he turns evil, then they attack the RED dragonflight. Like, that's just a dick move.
Honestly the Ebon Blade needs dealing with. And the Forsaken.

Didn't they already have a sanctuary there in the entire zone of Val'Sharah? What more did they need?

I want to cum inside Alexstrasza. Seriously, she's a dragon milf.

the Red Dragons had it coming. Legion is literally the apocalypse, if you're not with us, you're against us

>then they attack the RED dragonflight. Like, that's just a dick move.

A dick move was coming in at the ass end of a fight after dillydallying, lighting everything on fire, and damning someone to undeath while on fire because of your fucking lifegiving fire breath.

>"Where are your graves we have to disgrace and defile your honored dead!"
>"Why not just use the blue dragon graves you already have the locations of?"
>"Undead emo screaming."
The Ebon Blade is shiiiit.

>>"Why not just use the blue dragon graves you already have the locations of?"
too bad they don't say that, they just tell you to fuck off

Ebon Blade isn't the problem, it was the Legion problem that made them make retarded idea of siding with Bolvar.
If there is a lesson that should be learned from it, is that there is no way for anyone to truly control Crown of Domination, for it dominates and corrupts the user, even if the user was first burned by Red Dragonflight.

Jail the Jailer of the Damned.

But we are the heroes, and the DK's are the heroes the heroes need to be heroes.

I mean they were moving everything from Moonglade and Hyjal to Valsharah, last mission is moving the Avianna sanctury there too because "its the most safe" somehow

Does now that Trollbane was brought back from the dead and Galen is dead, does he have claim to Stormegard? Or would it go to Daneth?

>One of the most memorable and recognizable priest characters of all time
>"Lul what if we give her to the death knights instead of the priests."
Still really rustles my tidbits, and knowing Blizzard we're probably never going to see Calia or Faol ever again.

The fact that they needed to tell the Ebon Blade that shows just how incompetent that aforementioned group of edge nights are. What did they forget where the Blue dragon graves are?

And honestly, no one wants their dead guaranteed to go to hell. The Ebon Blade are the dumbest, edgiest faction in the game. Like, the heard the Demon Hunters were becoming playable and decided to step their game up so the demon hunters didn't out edge them.

Danath presumably.
>One of the most memorable and recognizable priest characters of all time
She WAS dead though. Like, super-duper dead. She shouldn't have come back for anyone.

The shamans had probably the best campaign overall, because not only was it world-spanning and legitimately meaningful (unite the Elemental Lords, which hasn't happened in forever, and petition for their direct assistance), but the innate lore of shamans doesn't infringe on whatever race you play as, meaning anyone could complete the shaman campaign and feel satisfied knowing that they were represented properly. Nearly every setpiece during the campaign was large and important - finding a new Firelord and Windlord is no joke. Also, they have one of the best order halls - a cave system overlooking the Maelstrom itself.

>Who is Anduin gonna marry?

So are Yaungols supposed to be Chinese or Mongolian?

Some of them have Mongol names, some Chinese ones.

>Character that was known for her amazingly powerful resurrection ability
>Staying dead

We can always Hope.

They're vaguely Mongolian, mostly the barbarian northern raider archetype. Mogu represent the Mongolian's society shaping predecessor for the modern state.

>what kind of shaman can't light a fire?

I don't care as long as he stays away from my waifu

Too bad he seems to be getting scrubbed from the game.

They are using Blues all the time, they needed something new and better.
Which is also why they killed and raised a storm dragon form Stormheim, so they'll have a lighting flinging undead dragon to bombard Legion's forces with.

Guessing the Yaungols with Chinese names represent the Chinese that collaborated with the Mongols?

>marrying a traitor to the throne/Stormwind and an anarchist

Not even once.

High Inquisitor Whitemane's connection to the Light manifested as an exceptional skill at resurrection, including self-resurrection. Lilian Voss had special blades specifically designed to break Whitemane's self-res, which she successfully uses in the revamped Scarlet Monastery finale to kill Whitemane for good.

So yes, a way was discovered to make Whitemane stay dead. At least until the Ebon Blade dug her up.

Mists of Pandaria?

Yeah it was dumb.

There is no Hope.

They put special super duper unreseructy blades in her last time, specifically to STOP her from doing that.

It was undeath or nothing.

>Not marrying daughter of a guy who rebuilt your city but was tricked of promised pay for himself and his workers by treacherous nobles
>Not joining her in punishing nobles that refused to pay said workers, despite the previous deals, only so they could get city rebuilt and keep money
>Not bonding with her over the fact that mistakes of both sides made them lose parents, Anduin losing mother via accident in riots, and Vanessa losing father via murderhobos sent by Stormwind's officials that wanted to remove Defias Brotherhood, regardless of their legitimate reasons to form.
Pleb.

Being the only not-Vrykul in Valhalla was weird. It also makes playing Horde in Stormheim annoying because your faction leader tries to enslave your coworker.

>the brilliance of metzen
aaaaaaaaa

>m-muh demon magic
>gets BTFO like 12 times in a row by the Alliance/Horde/Legion/Illidari

And they could have just as easily made up a super super duper double resurrection ritual to counteract it.

>regardless of their legitimate reasons to form.
I mean, they were burning and pillaging towns by that point. Not to mention the battleship they were going to try and level Stormwind with.

They probably make an OC in Kultiras, like Jaina's niece or whatever and they will get married to secure alliance between Stormwind and Kultiras.

They both probably don't want to marry but then the power of loveā„¢ appears

>implying anduin wants to punish nobles and doesn't want to keep the status quo from his golden throne, privately using SI:7 to remove dissidents that become too problematic
>implying vanessa would forgive the son of the man who authorised her father's death, and her death, by the hands of those murder hobos

Not saying the Defias weren't justified but this is a crack ship and you know it, it'll never happen and is a bad pairing.

Why are shaman so much superior to druids in literally EVERY aspect bros?

Ok. Give me a percentage chance that you think it will happen.
Now multiply it by BLIZZARD

Because druids are boring tree huggers

Because Malfurian is the only druid of note and he's also the biggest cuck in all of warcraft.

>implying the boy-king has time for marriage when he's serving at the master's table and offering not one, not two, but THREE lies

Because Blizz hasn't been able to write night elves since Vanilla and so much of Druid identity is wrapped up with them.

You're wrong. It is a crack ship but it's not a bad pairing because if they'd actually interact they'd learn they have a lot in common. They're just trying to live up to their father's terrible legacies and maybe they together can help each other become their own people.

You can see Azeroth in the Outland sky in the Black Temple. No Sargeras cloud present. He only started going full cloud during Antorus.

You know, love or hate Metzen, his passion for Warcraft was outstanding. Blizzcon fucking sucked without him coming onto the stage screaming LOK'TAR OGAR like a fucking lunatic, his enthusiasm was contagious, you could tell his love the game like his little green jesus baby.

Because druidism was really focused on night elves. Blizzard fucked the nigh elves and fucked druidism with them.

Classic example the tree hugger stereotypes.

The funny part is that we can't even say "Because Metzen" because Malfurion was Metzen's baby just like Thrall

Also because Shamans use molten balls of lave to cook food and are canonically better at using chi than the monks.
Meanwhile the druids are herbivores, werewolves, cannibals, and night elves (who could honestly go either way for food depending on the time of day)

>the shipping in this thread

>blizzard ever doing what fans wanted
>projecting this hard onto blizzard because you want a ship to happen

You can have crack ships user, as long as you accept that it'll never happen.

Nobody wanted Thrall to get married and have a kid but here we are.

Because druids are furry fap bait who cry over muh trees and shamans are alpha males who punch elemental lords in the dick.

BRAVO BLIZZARD

He's a great guy.
I only wish he had a history backing such that I would be more enthralled by the stories being told.