Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Where is the new thread Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegasopen.squarespace.com/blog/2017/12/22/seminars-at-the-lvo-2018
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGOj3Ugq6B0))
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for ghorgon vs mournfang

Played a game as Soulblight on Thursday, against a Ogres list, super fun

report!

those are my 2 favorite armies

Post your beastman list pls

Soon

Keep on Keeping on Settra-man. You'll have your day.

It was battle for the pass 2000 pts
My list was
SOULBLIGHT (swift death bloodline)
Vampire Lord on Zombie dragon (mist form) (Slacking blade)
Coven Throne
3x3 Vargheists
5 blood knights
2x2 bat swarms
Neferata(allied in)

Against
Tyrant(+2 to destruction trait roll) (stone eye)
6 iron guts
6 iron guts
6 leadbelchers
2 iron blasters
10 Iron jaw orks
The Wierdnob shaman
The warchanter
20 grots.

I deployed heavy on the left with coven throne and Neferata together with a set of Vargheists, center had the bats flanking the blood knights with the Lord behind, and right side had both remaining Vargheists.

He deployed with ironjawz and iron guts with the war chanter on VS my left, tyrant and leadbelchers in the center with the iron blasters and the shaman in the rear in cover, with the grots screening for the remaining unit of iron guts

You guys won't be super upset if I hot-glue that pic, will you? As we say in /a/ buyfag threads. I mean just look at it, yesss.

Ok warmbloods, how are Liza...I mean the new reptile persons in AoS? I have a bunch painted from like 6th edition or so and was thinking about filling in the gaps and tying to play a bit. Are there any good, cool builds that don't involve something dumb like 20 terradons or some such? I have a block or two of saurus, about 30 skinks, 12 temple guard, 2 stegadons, 2 throne-frogs, Lord Kroak, and miscellaneous characters (oldbloods?). 3 terradons. Also 8 or 10 of the saurus cavalry.

Obviously a carnosaur is in the cards because it's a tyrannosaurus thing and goodamn cool. Would all the skinks in the "start collecting" set be worthwhile or are they a lot of painting for little return? Is it a good buy?

I don't have any lizardmen pics so here's a snake girl.

I want to make an all dwarves army. Am I going to have a hard time winning any games?

I gave him round one, so he moved up and secured the right objective by using the destruction trait on the goblins, which he inspired with his tyrant. His orks didn't get close enough to grab the left objective. His leadbelchers moved up and weren't in range of anything, same with the iron blasters.

I start with a M shield on the blood knights, fail to cast the Neferata spell, not in range to A bolt anything. Command ability on the knight and move up to secure. Vargheists and bat swarm for a line in the middle to screen for my Vlord, applying the - 1 to hit on the leadbelchers. Left unit of Vargheists move on top of the objective, with Neferata and the Coven throne hugging the left side of the board, right next to them. On the right I charged his goblins with the blood knights, and get my Vargheists ready to counter charge.

I'm sorry, no pictures of the game.

Dwarf user here. Wanting to run the Engineer themed Dispossessed Hold with a lot of Warmachines and the like, probably using either GA: Order or Tempest's Eye Allegiance.

Anyway, running into a snag. Trying to get an 1000pt list good and ready using all the tools at my disposal. How's this look? Would a Runelord be better than the King/Knight?

Allegiance: Tempest's Eye
Knight-Azyros (80)
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Relic Blade
20 x Warriors (160)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (120)
- Axes or Hammers
20 x Thunderers (240)
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Helblaster Volley Gun (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

Yes. But if that's what you wanna do, it'll be worth it because this game is supposed to be fun.

Thank you, I knew I should have done the rule of cool.

>I'm the user up there trying to run the all-dwarf engineering hold up there
I'm rooting for you.

Engineers are cool, I unfortunately want to build an army around fyreslayers. I must be a masochist.

Fyreslayers are stronger by themselves, take the Fyreslayer Allegiance. And they're actually near top tier, comp wise. They don't gain a whole lot from Allies aside from maybe Kharadron Skywardens.

The blood knights killed 15 goblins, leaving 5 to hold the objective, but with the vargheists close by, I hold that objective. End of turn 1 is 3-5

Turn 2 he wins initiative, moving the orks up to the objective and readies for the charge. He uses the tyrants command ability to buff his iron guts on the right flank to support his grots, and the Wierdnob M shields them to a nasty 3+. He moves his tyrant up and fails most of his shooting, killing a Vargheist in the center with his leadbelchers. He connects with his boyz on my Vargheists, his leadbelchers into my batswarm, his tyrant into my other batswarm and his iron guts into my blood knights. Combat kills one vargheist on the left, both bat swarms and 3 of the blood knights, in turn I kill one iron gut and the remaining goblins, and a fair amount of the orks, since Neferata was pulled into the combat. Its important to mention that the other iron guts didn't make the charge.

He loses the remaining orcs to battleshock
He scores 3

My turn starts with Vlord shielding himself, command on himself, Neferata failing to cast anything, and the Coven throne casting beguile on the unit that failed to charge, which succeeded (pic related)

Movement has me stacking Neferata and vargheist onto the leadbelchers which are way out of position halfway across the board, putting the coven throne into the beguiled iron guts, my vampire lord flies across hoping to make a charge into the iron blaster and his rear objective, which I failed.

Combat has me killing off his leadbelchers, him killed a vargheist, killing my remaining blood knights, and I killed an iron gut with the coven throne.

I score 3, end of turn 2 is 8-6 for Death

he's tried a bunch of stuff since he has a lot of brayherd too, but his current list is a thing of beauty:

Doombull w/ axe & shield, cunning deceiver, chaos runeblade
2x Doombull w/ great axe
Great Bray Shaman ally

6x Bullgors w/ great axe
3x Bullgors w/ great axe
3x Bullgors w/ great axe
3x Bullgors w/ great axe

Cygor
Ghorgon
2x Jabberslythe allies

1990pts

skinks are perhaps the most cost-effective battleline in the game. 60 points, a ranged attack, and can retreat on your opponent's turn, amazing for capturing objectives and generally being annoying.

Seraphon have several awesome lists you can run, and generally are not spammy (aka they tend to have diversity of units if you aren't running sunclaw starhost). thunderquake battalion is good, kroaknado is good, their teleport is great, you can summon most of them, laser dino is good, carnosaur is good, basically enjoy!

two of the three dwarven factions are incredibly strong, so you have a 66% chance to enjoy your dudes while winning games.

I get jealous of lists like this as I paint my hordes upon hordes of khorne followers

Turn 3 I win initiative but I leave it to him, (I want my vampire wounded to I can heal up with the goblet and the slaking blade which I hope to proc on my turn)

He's forced to retreat with his beguiled iron guts which he brings to the objective. He surrounds my Vlord with the other unit and brings his tyrant to hopefully kill both units of vargheists who had mopped up the leadbelchers last turn. His pistol fails to finish off one of the vargheists and his iron blasters fail to hit/wound. He charges with the iron guts into my Vlord, but his tyrant snake eyes to get into the vargheists. He swings with his iron guts putting 5 wounds on my Vlord. I kill one in return, 2/6 on slaking blade.

He scores 5 for holding both side objectives with the iron guts.

My turn has me failing to cast Mshield, successful cast of arcane bolt into his warchanter, successfully cast Neferata's unique which makes my Vlord immune to rend. I drink my chalice restoring Vlord to full, move a unit of vargheists to reclaim the right objective, move Neferata to kill the Tyrant and move the other 2 units of vargheists to harass his rear. I move the Vlord and the Coventhrone to clear my left objective. This turn ends with killing his tyrant, almost wiping out the left unit of iron guts (he sill holds it) and wounding one of his iron blasters with my vargheists.

I score 3
End of t3 was 11-11

Turn 4 he win initiative, wounds my Vlord with his iron blasters, moves his iron guts to reclaim the right objective. He's running on fumes and I kill off the remaining iron guts on the left objective, and his warchanter.

My turn I swarm his rear, ignoring the other ironguts and he concedes.

I love the coven thrones spell. Really useful at tying up a strong melee unit making your opponents waste a few turns of combat retreating and being close to it makes it easily worth its 260 points.

By the end I had barely taken wounds on Neferata, the coven thrones, and my vampire Lord, I had lost 6 vargheists and both batswarms, and my blood knights. I'm not sure how it'll be against a swarm list, but it's super fun to play.

do you think it was target selection or poor rolls on his part? Or just your heroes were a little too resilient and strong against what you put them up against? good work!

The list has alot of things to worry about. Dealing with Soulblight is about focusing something down fast so it can't regenerate. I find with the blood knights having a killer reputation, they tend to go down first, but if it takes two turns, it's beating a dead horse.

But his iron blasters rolled like garbage all game.

Why is Duncan so perfect?

Reminder that Slougous did nothing wrong.

wow what a fat piece of shit

No bully, user. Nurgle units are sensitive guys.

What's the ETA for the next bone GW will throw for AoS? Wasn't the Shadespire dorf suppose to come in Feb, yet there was 0 sighting of them.

I hope you won this time

Odds are, if the release schedule is like last year, that we'll get an army every month through march.

>yet there was 0 sighting of them
We literally have their art, name and description. At this point we are waiting only for models

Lmao you're probably some Khorne worshiping steroid abuser or worse yet, some Slaaneshi dickgirl

Papa Nurgles Gifts are bountiful and generous! You sound jealous

Lmao get rekt by undead freeguild

NEW SKELE BRO SHIT WHEN?!

Or maybe I'm some change loving tzeentch bruv looking for (you) s

But user, the shadespire warband was the update you are looking for. You will get no new skellie shit for next 2-3 years

Awesome to hear! Kroaknado, you say?

Did the anons offering to upload Nagash the Undying King for Overlords of the Iron Dragon in the last thread ever reach an agreement?

p: user who's shared dozens of battletomes, army books and codexes with Veeky Forums over the years for free.

Could you please explain how to share ?
I'd do if I knew how

updated aos app is already for MP

did happen more, than the link to the mp page?

only new tab, link to web, we hope to preview on Thursday

preview?

Maybe they'll show a MP preview.

lasvegasopen.squarespace.com/blog/2017/12/22/seminars-at-the-lvo-2018

Thursday, January 25th: Games Workshop Studio Preview
8:00pm. Pete and Andy will deliver a now legendary studio preview, which as always will feature a first look at a range of exciting upcoming releases as well as an opportunity for a Q&A session.

Where is picrelated from?

Fucking good shit

>legendary studio preview
Shadespire and 40k. We will get nothing new for AoS until 31st of march

updated app crashes on android tabA, work fine on S7/iphone 6

Trample!

is a preview of upcoming releases, malign portent release on 17 february

Yeah, yeah - another big countdown for nothing. What a joy

my birthday is on the 25th . they better give me something

So, I've been thinking about putting Gorbad Ironclaw on top of a Gureg Grunta

Do you guys think that would be possible without too much converting?

MP book and harbinger release on february
Death battletome: Legions of nagash and *********** starts a week later.

do you know what will happen, or do you guess something will happen?

I cannot say any more about it for the time being

Oh, so you are not only GW shill but also making up fake leaks? What a surprise

I didn't want you to say what will happen. I just wanted to know if you -guess-, or if you -know-.
I'm pretty aware of you can't talk about what will come.

maybe? MP book preview on LVO (25 january) assuming reléase on 17 february and death reléase/preview on age of sigmar open day (3 march)
do you know?

cut him in half and done..gore guntas have legs of the rider fuse with them

That's what I'm thinking about, yeah

Meanwhile, in Shyish...

((Sing to the tune of m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGOj3Ugq6B0))

Nefereta: Paint an army and roll some dice!
The wait will never end, yeah!

Arkhan: We hate fun all day long,
It says so on the clock!

Nefereta: So use a book, use no books!

Arkhan: Or use two books, if you prefer!

We only have two books,
So those are your only options.

Nefereta: So use them both and make a soup!
Arkhan: And while you wait for the soup to cook, begin to prepare a second soup.

YOU DID IT WRONG ON THAT FIRST SOUP

Arkham: It's your turn with the Tome!

Nefereta and Arkhan: The wait will never end!

Nefereta: Organize some ghouls!

>Nefereta: So use a book, use no books!

>Arkhan: Or use two books, if you prefer!

>We only have two books,
>So those are your only options.

Made me giggle.

Is there going to be a joke?

Arkhan: Praise to the Greatest god!

Nagash: AHH, I'M HELPLESS AGAINST MORTALS!

Arkhan: Go to your favorite factory!

Nefereta and Arkhan: The fun will never end!

Mannfred: I thought Aelfs were coming next!

Christ, you're one hell of an autist, off yourself and do us a favor.

>AHH THESE REAVERS ARE TOO MUCH FOR ME, ARKHAN SAVE ME!!!!

Mannfred: I'm not quite sure I like this douche...
Nefereta and Arkhan: Just fuck off already Mannfred!

This is so unfunny i can hardly even believe that it's still going. Please change the way you live your life

I'm going to have to ask you to stop.

good meme

Where did it come from?
Shyish map on malign portents is just a small part of his.

Hello, i have a couple of questions. I'm building Tzeench Army. I already have 20 StD warriors, 1 Sorc and 10 StD Knights. I'm now thinking about adding 6 models of Tzaangor Skyfires and Tzaangor Shaman. Also i would like to add Chaos Warshrine and Ogroid Thaumaturge, but i don't know can i bring them to matched games? I think that i can bring Warshrine, but i'm not so sure about Ogroid, because it's from Silver Tower game isn't it? I'm quite noob at it and don't know if all the models are allowed to play and only points matter or there some specific rules that forbid models from specific games.

MAPS
FINALLY

FULL MAPS

from traveller's guide to the mortal realms on mp site.

Screenshot from the Traveler's Guide of the Mortal Realms video.

The Innerland Marches map on the MP website is just more detailed. We can see Gothizzar bottom right. Really cool to have a location of one of the All-gate.

And I guess on the bigger map it's Nagashizzar top left.

>pic related is Aqshy, also from the video.
It match the maps from Path To Glory, Stormcast Battletome, and Firestorm campaign and wider map.

Note that those map, while already apparently closer / bigger than the Old world map, are only the CENTRAL, more stable and inhabited part or the realms (here, Shyish and Aqshy)

omg! pyramids

Black Pyramids, power syphon of death magic and souls - now rebuild by Nagash after the Age Of Chaos (yeah, no TK sorry)

nulahmia? maybe neferata tower?

Nagashizzar surely

How many times are you going to write "Nefereta" before you realise it's spelled "Neferata"?

you're good on the ogroid thaumaturge (and it's a great looking model). check out the general's handbook 2017 for point costs and legality and allies and stuff!

Thanks