Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2007: Old Man Winter Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OAvmLDkAgAM
pastebin.com/HKXpbKTp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I could go back to do the jump on this one

Ricrod started a jump in realist hero?

youtube.com/watch?v=OAvmLDkAgAM
What are some good perks to come up with motivational speechs? Something more specific than just charisma perks

Purple prose from Lovecraft would help.

Was someone working on a Destiny 2 jump or update for the current one? I remember something about it, any news?

Face of the Faceless from Skulduggery Pleasant

>Looking for those lovely toggle perks
>that let you define contingencies for the a perks de/activation
Selectively Religious- from KonoSuba

Think it was supposed to be someones private jump.

Could Luke Skywalker defeat Nihilus or is his draining power impossible to resist for all but the Exile?

If you accidentally turn off a toggle perk, does that mean, because the perk you'd need to use is now disabled, you can't turn it back on?

Mad_Hatter might've given that user permission, he came back in the IRC to tell us that he's working on an update for the first game.

Hatter doesn't own the IP, so another user making a jump for the sequel is a non-issue.

Sequel takes place in the same timeframe and location as the first game. He needs permission.

I thought the sequel would fall into the ten years you'd spend in the first Jump. He also gave someone permission to completely redo The Witcher

Actually, this was ruled on by YJ for his toggle perk once, a long time ago. You can untoggle toggle, but doing so just means you can't toggle or untoggle other perks until you toggle it again.

So if toggle is untoggled, all your untoggled and toggled perks are stuck in their respective toggles, until you retoggle toggle, at which point you can change your toggles.

Toggle? Toggle toggle. Toggle toggle toggle, toggle toggle toggle toggle toggle. Toggle? Toggle. Toggle! TOGGLE!
TOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLEEEEE!!

>Toggle? Toggle toggle. Toggle toggle toggle, toggle toggle toggle toggle toggle. Toggle? Toggle. Toggle! TOGGLE!
>TOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLEEEEE!!
Are... are you okay?

Heya, never done progress updates but I figure since this is one of the settings I have the least experience with and it seems fun, I thought why not. Here's the current WIP of Hyrule Warriors. Currently only the Intro, Locations, Origins and Races are written as I continue watching and taking notes from the LP for the rest of the Jump.

but how do I toggle toggle if toggle is already untoggled?

You just can, user. Try not to think about it too hard. Toggle

>Jumper plays around with meta perks and breaks something
>Calls Jumpchan for tech support
>Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Untoggling toggle just limits you to only being able to toggle toggle.

Tell me /jc/, how hard were the Holy Grail Wars for you? Did you actually put an efford? Did you abused meta-knowledege? Did you scramble all the events by taking drawbacks?

I have another question: Why is Prototype's Saiba called APEX and memed to the top of the powerlevels?

Threadly reminder that most jumpers houseruled a toggle-like effect long before Toggle was a perk.

I want one of these charts, except they're all Homer Simpson in different outfits.

Wasnt the only reason it didnt work on exile because the exile was basically the same as him?

Prototype Seibah almost killed the 666 Beast in his world before it ran away like a bitch. Now he's in the Grand Order world looking for it so he can beat it like a red headed step child.

...what can Beast 666 even do?

That's why Selectively Religious can't turn itself off.

It's one of the beasts which is all we know. Considering the company it keeps with Kiara, Merlin(?), Goetia and Primate Murder, it's likely to be just as absurdly strong.

It should be at least as strong if not stronger than the other beasts given that it's the sixth beast. So figures.

Well, did Arthur just...hit it with his sword beam? Because I'm looking at his statblock write now, and I'm not exactly impressed. He has one relevant A rank skill that smacks of being an excuse more than anything, and one EX NP that says he can't even use it at more than halfish potential. Imagine if Ea or Vasavi Shakti only rose to half-mast for their owners, how the fuck is that enough to drive off a Beast with?

>how the fuck is that enough to drive off a Beast with?
It wasn't even complete at the time.

Is 'Hard Work is It's Own Reward' from Otoyomegatari a physical softcap?

Looks cool so far, but I know very little about Hyrule Warriors.
Maybe another race and/or companion option of sword spirits since Fi and Ghirahim are things. Weird things.

but if you can still toggle toggle then toggle was never really untoggled at all

Then it's shut off forever and you lost all your perks.

It doesn't remove any caps.

Don't forget the explosion!

How do you recruit your companions? Do you wait until the end of the jump, at the beginning or do you just wait until the most opportune moment? What counts in your chain as accepting the invitation?

That sounds like a pretty good suggestion. On top of just Fi and Ghirahim there's also Wizzro, a unique character to Hyrule Warriors that's basically an evil wizard born from a magic ring. Item Spirit, Sword Spirit, something to that effect could be pretty cool. I'll make some notes for it, thank you.

What is this? It looks neat

99% sure it's an Abysal Exaltation.

>Wizzro
Neat!

Quick question now that im looking at wikis: is the Warrior of Light based entirely on Link or will Impa and Sheik also inspiration?

Abyssal Exalt jump when?

Chorus of the Neverborn, an Exalted webcomic with Abyssals as main characters. Tried to read it, but couldn't get much into it.

Warrior of Light is basically all the good guys who aren't extra magical. Link, Impa, Darunia, Zelda (sorta), Linkle and such. Sorcerer/Sorceress is all the mostly magical characters like Midna, Lana, Cia, Sheik. Wizzro and Agitha (sorta). Forces of Darkness is composed of the bad guys. Cia and Wizzro again, Volga, Ghirahim, Zant, Gannondorf, etc.

Threadly reminder that before SAO, there already existed a JumpChain mechanic where you could condense your alt-forms into your base form.

There are a lot of early chain mechanics that people feel they have to fund or fiat-back with CP now and I'm not sure what the fuck happened.

Autists begges for them. They couldnt be happy fankwanking and needes everything spelled out for them.

I wonder who will be the first to create an ability to ignore companion limits and get free recruitment options

The Evil Emperor effect. The more powerful people became, the more paranoid they became of the lessening things that remained as problems. The only surefire way to remove a weakness, in their eyes, is the "fiat" of perks, which appears as absolute power. So, without fiat, they do not have their absolutes, without their absolutes, they have nothing, so they need fiat for everything.

>where you could condense your alt-forms into your base form

I honest to goodness never picked up on this, everyone I talked to and the pastebin led me to believe altforms were a separate thing.

Weird, I actually have the opposite problem where I have to think of ways to lose and maintain a very formidable rogues gallery to keep up a modicum of conflict for my Jumper. The...Boros Effect? Let's call it that.

It was a matter left to personal wank. Kind of a do what you want, just don't be a cunt about it deal.

They are, but it's an optional thing that you could always add it to what you considered your "Base." In the end mostly

Your previous predictive text jump was funnier than this one. Are you using a different engine?

I've been here since the early hundreds in the threads and I'd never heard of that until Captain_Brutus mentioned he used that rule many months later. That was a really obscure rule that fell out of popularity very quickly.

>That was a really obscure rule that fell out of popularity very quickly.

Fair enough.

Oh, okay then. I was pretty sure I asked a good few people about it too. Well shit, I transformed into a universe over a misunderstanding. I feel dumb now.

Or...maybe not?

Yeah, an older one, though I seem to have fallen out of practice with it. I'll try to put some extra work into it but it's just not coming out as funny.

Jumpers, how do you deal with enemies that can inflict unhealable wounds, and with the wounds themselves if they manage to hurt you?

In Overlord, what do you prefer, Spiritualist or Talismonger? On the one hand, genius loci sounds interesting. On the other, talismonger allows you to stock up, and using the spells later doesn't cost mana. I have 50 cp left on my caster build. I could spend them on some armor, but given that I'm a supreme being I'll just borrow something better from the treasury even if it isn't a perfect fit, I guess.

Well, my first resort is to use my class skill (abstraction...thingy Brellin said New Worlders have instead of actual class skills, that represents being an Elder Archangel or whatever) that lets me heal the unhealable.

My second, is to just peal them off with Eye for an Eye, toss them into the Beyond and befriend them into servile pain elementals.

Talismonger. That kind of prepared magic is rare among jumps.

Any chance of you expanding the Bokoblin option to cover all of the -blin enemy types as well? Also maybe some undead? I liked how Stalmasters, ReDeads, Gibdos, and Big Poes looked in HW.

>don't want to deal with alt-forms
>BETTER BECOME A UNIVERSE

Impractical & Over-reacting to a degree I'm not sure what the hell was just reached.

I've got two unrelated questions.

Does Beast Beyond Nature from Greek Myth make you immortal? It says Cronus will never take anything from you so I assume it does but just want to clarify.

In Light of Terra does anyone remember if a ruling was made on if you could do a full Necron Bio-Transference with the Tomb Spyder? Like become a full Necron through it, brain and all? You'd probably keep your soul given there is no C'Tan to consume it.

I remove the affected area of my body and heal from that.

Arm gets unhealable cut? Remove the arm in front of that spot.

This is harder to do with head wounds.

Do you and your companions ever get on peoples' nerves?

What are some good immunity to radiation/toxins/disease perks?

I don’t know much about Hyrule Warriors, but I think the general items list should have an outfit that is perfectly iconic for the jumper (or companions, if they buy it).

eh,yeah. I was waiting for the next vol in english. But I think it would be better for me to go back to it.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

If I had to choose, I'd go with Spiritualist. But that's just a personal preference for dem healies and smities. I guess Talismonger is better overall for playing magic Batman.

I mean, it made sense at the time and it wasn't like I was going to become a universe-universe overnight. Really it just started with the idea I could make my own rules if I could just get my Reality Marble to stick around permanently like N-dawg's, and things just kind of...snowballed after a while, because of other priorities.

I don't know, it seemed logical at the time.

Not on purpose (mostly), but I imagine the fiery halos are a bit hard on the eyes.

Too Raw, Bastion

>Is there any indication of how the Oankali would react to independent AI, or an AI polity? E.g. a/the Geth?
The Oankali are somewhat disturbed by Humanity's use of toxic substances as building materials, but don't otherwise condemn the practice of inorganic technology itself.

For deliberately built AI, they have parallels. All of the Oankali's transports are alive and variably intelligent, but reproduction is carefully controlled. They have social rules for how to treat what are functionally tools with minds, and so long as they can find any common ground with the AI's builders they can figure out how the built will think and build a relationship from there.
Emergent AI will throw them for a loop. There is no reason to assume they'll think anything like biologicals, and they aren't molded by biological thought either. They have no stakes in the Oankali's gene trade, even by proxy of how it could benefit a creator race. They can't be neurally linked with, and don't have any physiological tells. Distrust would be an issue.

It's mentioned that the closest thing the Oankali have to religion is a reverence of life, which pushes them to always at least try for a peaceful solution. I imagine the Consensus would split hairs for a while over whether or not AI count as "alive," with opinions varying widely. There isn't any chance of them declaring emergent AI a scourge and going on a cleansing crusade or whatever, but I can see a lot of them being terse and aloof when dealing with unaffiliated machine-beings.

Thank you for finally giving me the name, I've seen pages posted before but never got the name.

..Wat
I'm with user here.>really obscure rule that fell out of popularity very quickly.
Ah, fair enough then.

I plead the fifth

Only got a couple and only one ever gets imported/tends to have a lot to do outside my own fabulous dimension. There's usually some ridiculous ceremony that I initially tell them is absolutely vital to the companionisation process that involves a few arbitrary tasks, costume changes and that sort of thing. Bit like the ravioli ravioli password thing in Spongebob.

Pretty much 90% of the chain. I usually pick 1-5 people to specifically go out of my way to annoy per jump though. You've got to have hobbies.

>Thank you for finally giving me the name, I've seen pages posted before but never got the name.
Probably because it's like four pages put together in a strip. Cutting in this case usually helps the reverse image search

So here's what I have so far of the Worm write-up.
pastebin.com/HKXpbKTp

I'm still working on it, but I'm still wanting to change gears a bit and make a chain with less cosmic stakes from the get-go, and a more vanilla benefactor. Will probably finish the Worm write-up or summarize events a bit afterwards.

I could maybe structure more blin options like the Lizalfos stuff. Like, Bokoblin/Moblin as an option where Bokoblins are the drawback race, Bulblin/King Bulblin as another which would be structured pretty much like the Bokoblin stuff. Miniblin. . .maybe, not sure on that one, but it'd probably be standalone if it is included.

I could do some undead like the Stal Monsters, maybe Gibdo. Might stay away from spirit type enemies like the Poe and Ghosts though.

I'm not sure about that one. What would be the point from an in-Jump perspective?

Would an immunity to instant death effects protect from the MEoDP?

er... good question. I'd guess it might defend against the death point, but probably not against the lines of death.

The MEoDP can hurt you in ways other than instant death. Like say...prolonged, excruciating death as demonstrated against things with a stronk concept? So at least you wouldn't have to worry about going down in one hit, but with how quickly most users can cut that's a negligible benefit all things considered.

>It's the easiest thing in the world for me. The harder part is fixing things, saving people, and giving the impression of a do-gooder instead of an autistic God
My jumper knows that feel

What portfolios did you take as a fallen god/dess in Konosuba?

>fallen

I felt regular god/goddess is better. I'd rather be super effective against undead and demonic shit than divine/angelic stuff as it comes up way more often and is usually more likely to try to attack you.

So, what happens when you take the Nth Metal from Injustice and make an alloy of it and the Uru and Adamantium from Marvel Magic?

I think it's fallen in the sense that you've lost most of your powers, much like the Aqua character.
The Holy/Unholy distinction is a different axis.

You have a good Magic Anti-Magic metal.

If we do so it's because we are purposefully annoying them.

We tend to do that a lot. Mostly we just blend in when out of the spotlight

You'll have better luck with a perk that hides information about yourself so you can hide the death lines.

...Depends on the nature of the immunity, but I'm going to go with nnnnooooooo. It's a causality thing.

I don't really know Hyrule Warriors, but if it helps at all, Spirit Tracks Zelda maybe sorta might fall in that category too.

Lust and adventure.

Can we reforge the True Apocrypha into another weapon like the Barrel Replica?

Bees, Home, Fear. It's a strange set, but a sensical one if you think of them in order.

I think Hyrule Warriors is mostly made of "Hyrule Warriors, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword" with some other games being represented, though mostly as DLC. Thank you though, I'll look into it and see if there's a connection anywhere.

With Artificer, probably a lot of backup perks, and very careful manipulation. Or import it to a weapon table and change it up, like the Relic Table in MCU.
Preach it, brother.

Love, Justice, and Rage.

Yep, way back in thread 1197:

Actually, if you Toggle Toggle you just won't be able to Toggle your abilities, whether they're Toggled or not, until you un-Toggle Toggle.Basically, Toggling Toggle locks in the Toggle status of each of your abilities until you un-Toggle Toggle. Toggling Toggle doesn't stop you from Toggling Toggle back on.

Also threadly reminder that the notes of Young Justice say as much.

>Love, Justice, and Rage.
So. . . you and the waifus been to couples counseling yet?