Why do you have such a hateboner for things that aren't dark and gritty, Veeky Forums

Why do you have such a hateboner for things that aren't dark and gritty, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

v2.smutstone.com/#/story/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

people confuse dark and gritty for realistic and mature
they also confuse it for "inherently good" and think anything that isnt that is bad

in their need to be recognized as mature adults, they cast off things they consider childish, unaware that these are the signs of true immaturity

This. Every create a setting thread devolves into grimderp. Does no one think heroic things like suplexing rocket ships, fighting beyond your limits against impossible odds and fighting for peace, justice and the American way are cool anymore?

I love lighthearted shit in my campaigns, I’ll gladly do shit like homebrewing Clamfolk from MtG and converting the Book of Erotic Fantasy to 5th edition.

>The American way
>Party fighter just screams FAKE NEWS at everything before getting addicted to opium and dying from an overdose with a hamburger stuffed down his fat face.

See, posts like this are exactly what we're complaining about.

Stop being American then.

I like things that are pink and titty.

It's impossible to make lolis dark and gritty, we're still safe

I can enjoy both sides of the spectrum, though things being somewhat realistic while still looking cool is what appeals to me the most. Either the world/stories should be or the weapons and armor should at least make some sense.
If you like the really weeby stuff you also have things like the rance verse. It's full of colorful anime characters and goofy monster and shit, yet the world and the stories always go into "realistic" bleak territories. Those goofy looking monsters will fucking kill you and laugh at you while you are dying.

Nechronica?

You should check out There is a really cute one that you grow to like throughout sengoku rance game.
Her last living relative, her beloved brother gets possessed by a demon and beats her up and locks her in a shed full of horny men. You rescue her, but she is traumatized forever.

Veeky Forums loves light and pulpy settings

It bothers me, too, because early 1990s JRPGs are my preferred aesthetic.

>people confuse dark and gritty for realistic and mature
This is the main issue. Grim and overly gritty fiction is almost always the result of immature people trying to seem mature.

Exactly this.
>I only play mature games for mature gamers, like myself.

Made in Abyss?
Tokyo Akazukin?

I like things to be dark as shit because my fetish is purification and setting shit right, and nothing gives me a greater opportunity to do so than in a Nobledark/Grimbright/Whatever-stupid-ass-term-people-have-come-up-with-World.

This is bard art. Everything in it feels like it is made of cheap plastic.

>This is bard art.
Music?

I love bright and fluffy comfy D&D, actually. I just suck at writing good settings for such things.

Dark and gritty, while fun, is something I'm better at writing than comfy. Plus it can fun to be unreasonably, comically edgy once in a while.

Stop owing us money/get a real military/send some real athletes to the Olympics.

Please tell me I can play that game

>Why do you have such a hateboner for things that aren't dark and gritty, Veeky Forums
What? I know generalising a whole board is a bad idea, but I'd claim Veeky Forums tends to look down on grimdark as immature and childish.

On the contrary, Veeky Forums‘s contrarianism has come full circle and we hate grimdark

Go back to /v/

We’re having an off year, okay?

You've been having a few off decades, just like us in the federated states of yurop

>hateboner

Oh look, it's another episode of Healthy Disgust for AIDS Means You're Homophibic.

RPing otherkin gamboling in a perfect meadow set in a sunny No Consequences dreamscape is not a childlike pursuit, it's a childish pursuit. Every non-noob in this thread knows they're almost always preludes to pedo ERPing, but that's STILL not enough to make the veteran Veeky Forums elite consider 'hating' it. Call it what it is: Disgust for masturbatory adolescent fantasies by underageb& soyboys, and go do your frolicking in the bright, rainbow faggotverses of

You'll be at home there, and won't be missed here.

TIA

Who pissed in your coffee this morning?

Oh my sweet summer child

wow, you fucking obliterated that strawman

Because lateral escapism out of a shitty life into a shitty fantasy is easier and you don't have to admit it's escapism to yourself.

I love funny, even silly situations during campaigns. But there's difference between lighthearted and fucking autismo-dumb

It seems like I see a lot of threads talking about how great "noblebright" and "comfy" things are.
But then I've noticed that every create-a-setting thread tends to go grimdark (or fetish-y) pretty quickly.

It's almost like there's a diversity of tastes on Veeky Forums

I don't. I just don't like anime

because things that aren't grimderp are fun. and we can't have fun in our games, what kind of world would THAT be?!

because 90s era "look at me, I'm so dark and cartoonishly over the top evil" is for virgin 14 yearolds. (especially if it has pointless bodyhorror and tits splattered all over the art and descriptions.)

clearly this is a forum for such ;)

The fuck are you talking about? Veeky Forums detests dark and gritty, they seem to like everything played with all the straight faced and simple morality of a Saturday Morning cartoon.

I blame alignment and Veeky Forums being poorly read.

We don’t, we just hate anime as it is the refuge of autists

Is OP being a whiny fag?

v2.smutstone.com/#/story/1

Quick googling. Have fun famalam

Hey wait a minute this isn't a cheesecake thread

I love happy and cute, comfy JRPG fantasy but I also like dark and gritty The Witcher/WHFB fantasy too

As though TTRPG and wargames aren't? Hypocrisy at it's finest.

>The world is a dark, horrible and shit place but there's one (group of) righteous individual(s) that's tasked with purifying it bit by bit
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

I only have hateboner for ugly design, like OP's pic.

Can you please, please post your homebrewed clamfolk? I need this, user.

When the world is the absolute worst it possibly can be, it's easy and very cathartic to see ways you could make it better, if you but had the power. That's a good appeal to grimdark settings.

Then you get the settings so retardedly grim and dark that there is literally nothing anyone can ever do to make anything even the slightest bit better, ever. Those are bad grimderp settings.

I make no excuses. I want to be the hero.

I don't. Dark and gritty is a SOMEtimes food.

Because of the people that it attracts to play tabletop games.

Or is it

I dislike things that feel fake. So whether it is overly dark and gritty, or overly lighthearted and sweet, I find it equally unappealing because it feels cartoonish.

Work with troubled youths and I can confirm this, got all types of edgy at work and that a average room has only four corners to brood in is a serious logistical problem.

I like goofy, cartoon nonsense, serious and dark settings, and cartoonishly over the dark grimdark shit myself.

Just gotta find a balance.

This is some kinda horrorshow, i tell you what

>newfag makes a thread on his first day on Veeky Forums

Kill yourselves