What sort of abilities would you expect a stat called "Willpower" to give you?

What sort of abilities would you expect a stat called "Willpower" to give you?

Like before you even read about what the Willpower stat actually does within the rules, what would your first thought be when you see "Willpower" listed under your character's stats?

Demonology or other dangerous, pact based magic. Willpower doesn't measure how powerful your spells are, but how easily you can avoid or cope with the costs.

Resistance to mental effects at the very least, be it in the form of supernatural malediction, influence, personal vices, or what have you. Depending on the tone of the system, maybe one or more of ability or stat boosting (pushing yourself further through sheer willpower), physical resistance (ignoring poisons/pain/wounds/death via raw determination), extraordinary feats (willpower = DISCIPRINE = kung-fu shenanigans), or even magic (imposing your will on the universe).

The ability to keep going - against injury, emotional hard ship, fear. Willpower is always a saving roll when everything else fails, but it gets gradually worn down over time.

Resistance to mental influence, magical, technological, or otherwise
Ability to control supernatural powers
Ability to continue fighting/stay awake despite being hurt or tired

Ability to withstand physical and mental stress.

mental resistence

hot-bloodedness

The ability to fight despite being injured both physically and mentally. Not being scared at monsters as well.

Resisting mental assault, fighting in spite of injury, and pushing yourself beyond your limits.

high volume monologue intensifies

I thought it would help with mind-affecting stuff, knowing just when to use a certain item, or knowing the time for diplomacy and the time for bashing shit to pieces.

resisting mental manipulation
resisting social manipulation
resisting negative effects due to pain, injury, etc.
morale
determining whether you back down or stand

I link willpower to courage, toughness, discipline and aura. It would be the most important stat for real alphas.

Everything. Willpower can do everything. If you want something and its not happening - you dont concentrate on the problem enouph.

Will power to me is like force of will, how driven you are, how much shit your mind, body anf soul can put up with before you crack.
Being tortured and want to keep secrets willpower determines how long before you crack.
Shift to another dimension thats just so damn alien it is sanity breaking willpower is how much or long you laat before insanity kicks in or how insain you go.

I'd remove Willpower as a stat, or make it a stat that NPCs use.

A lot of modern media focuses on the idea of "Willpower" and it's all retarded.

Like constitution but for your brain.

Pain tolerance is a fun one.

The ability to overwhelm others with your will

The ability to harden yourself through your will

And the ability to sense the will of others

Depends, are you going for realistic, normal abilities, or crazy, off the walls super powers based on willpower?

Is this from Inferior Kamina: The Show?

Oh thats a sharp hook on that bait.

Iron Heart Surge