/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread: Choose Your Own CYOA Adventure edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link#response=ACYDBNj2LbRhNVKpjObhF8fXYm5WriLyT77gWd_eenwRvnaE8OHbsFefxMOKMA
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Choose Your Own CYOA Adventure edition
Cringe

>/chooseyourownadventuregeneral/ - Choose Your Own Adventure General. Choose Your Own Choose Your Own Adventure Adventure Edition.

The actual state of CYOAG.

Let me go to the ATM machine so I can pay you for that insightful wit.

How much do you people like mystery boxes?

I'm mulling over the idea of putting one in the CYOA that I'm getting close to finishing. Or I could just give the options straight-up to the player.

Ahh, one of my first cyoas.
Back when I was painfully unaware of a two little things called design and drafting
I must agree with the anons though, it is one of my better ones.

works for short light hearted/joke cyoas.
Doesn't work for longer and more serious ones.

update for my new, lazy cyoa, with explanation of the choices and a tiny bit of grammar and typo fixes.

It certainly was a fun one. It was sci-fi and reasonably comfy with the possibility of adventure.

They're pretty bad.

Don't expect people not to look at them ahead of time. They only really work if the act of surprising someone, and not tricking them is what you're going for. So they work pretty well as jokes at least

Completely unintentional. I just threw words at a screen while so far off my ass I was probably upside down.
Glad you liked it though. Hopefully when I get off my hiatus aka my lazy ass, I can come back with more cult classics.

does anyone have the monster girl strategy game?

Shoulder to cry on: Magical
Compassion: Mundane
Those three Words: Mundane
What they need to hear: Magical
Healing: Magical
Trust: Mundane
Headpats: Mundane
Pass the mantle: Miracle
Just finished a pretty rough shift at my local helpline, and frankly this CYOA is wrecking me.

>ship
SC thanatos
speed 8 (+1) 9
durability 3 (+1) 4
attack 3 (+1) 4
cargo 2 (+3) 5
crew 2
kitchen
Gym
Theater
>Companions
Mary Jane -1 cargo
Charles III -1 crew
Saint Thomas -1 of both
>cargo
Weapon Rack
Bio Pod
Spacewalk suit

all enemies my stealth wil fuck them

Does anything actually stop me from pressing people togther into rooms on the organic ship, promising them they get there own rooms, when space is available after the first few meals i'll feed my ship?`I find the space given to me severely lacking :/

I...uh...that sounds extremely worrying, but technically you could.
But as far as "rules as written" go, no. Sorry.

Well, It's not my fault for some reason crew capacity seemingly means nothing more than "there is a bed but no closet"^^

Well, each dude needs space to make and store their drugs, not to mention any bulky personal effects.
You try growing 20+ plants of pot in your room.

slightly updated

I understand, but for that the given cargo is simply way too small. The math is just not satisfying here, which saddens me as I like the given options otherwise. The players freedom to choose is just shackled way to tight (and for my imagination of a profitable size of drug running that also can pay the upkeep of a ship, simply too small to be realistic, but that's just my image of the setting, which I otherwise find quite charming)

If I join Blood Angels do I get the option of becoming a Lamenter and dying pointlessly?

>The math is just not satisfying here
Well there's your issue.
My math is suck. Second in suck only to my geography. And spelling.
But you do have a valid point in that I restricted options a bit too much. Maybe I can do it better in the future if I ever revisit.

Not the person you're responding to but that would be amazing.

All deaths in 40k are pointless

If you never hear anyone else complain beside me, do not bother^^
I'll just cheat and be happy with it :P

Was there a CYOA where you were a space criminal and could be a space pedophile or was the something I just dreamt of?

As much as I hate people pandering for a niche group or going away from original intentions to please others, you still raise a very valid point.
And as all valid points are, it's worthy of being taken into serious consideration if I ever go back to it

Most wanted

There was.

I like this. I seemed to have missed the earlier version of this.

This is actually pretty entertaining.

>Ship + Upgrades
SC Thanatos
Sped 8
Durability 3
Attack 3
Cargo 2+1
Crew 2+1

>Mods
Library
Gym

>Crew
Alain Rickman
Alexandria Togue
Charles III

>Gear
Mittens

>Enemies
Ms. Alice
+1 cargo

Ok, so Alexia brings all the guns. We basically make a group pact to share all drugs we've gained with eachother and become 40k Primarchs V.2 We will live for ever, be in peak physical condition and with near perfect minds. We wont so much be drug barons, as benevolent forces acting upon life in the galaxy. The things that we do will be so amazing that they will only make sense to us.

The Magi Case: Fragmented Bloodlines is still being worked on. I'm still on the Spells for each specialization of Magic + the Companion sections. Once these two sections are finished I will be able to put the CYOA together and release it. Until that time comes have this picture of the cyoa's lolibabas (and your possible blood ancestor + optional waifus).

I am also progressing on: Strange Journey (The science-fantasy CYOA that /cyoag/ voted for), Witches n' Inquisition, Picking-A-Goddess Update 4.0, Calamity (New World reboot/remake), Echoes (Earthbound-inspired CYOA using the setting of PSYCYOA), and Apocrypha Advent (An updated Apocrypha CYOA; Featuring new stuff for customization and the Vampires being a joinable faction. Yes, user. There will be female vampiric companions (Dhampires))

Aside from mentions of jinako changed to nana, what else changed?

>Lolibabas

Half of these aren't girls

Charges:
>[Unethical Experiments: Medical Science]
Basic Talents:
>[Small Arms] [Explosives] [Durability] [Acrobatics] [Public Speaking] [Bluffing] [Seduction] [Medicine] [Languages]
Advanced Talents:
>[Evasion] [Charm] [Intimidation] [Diplomacy] [Science] [Anthropology]
Expert Talents:
>[Strategy] [Leadership] [Empathy]
Perks:
>[Psychic] [Well Prepared] [Budget Cuts] [Advanced Ship] [Fully Manned]
Drawbacks:
>[Compulsion] [Notorious] [Celebrity]
Weapons:
>[Archimedies' Mirror] [Venture AP35] [C202] [Reichardt 6]
Equipment:
>[Regulator] [Polaris] [Medical Kit] [Survival Gear] [Bulwark] [Guide Book]
Cybernetics:
>[Ocular Implant] [Audial Implant] [Vocal Modifier]
Crew Equipment:
>[Supplies] [Spare Parts] [Weaponry]
Ship:
>[Explorer]
Ship Extras:
>[Hydroponics] [Ship AI] [Jump Drive] [Fighter] [Sensors]
Pursuer:
>[None]
Crew:
>[Engineer: Mary Palmer] [Bodyguard: Leah Easton] [Doctor: Kazuo Yano] [Pilot: Gabriela Ibarra] [Survivalist: Johanna Hunter] [Sniper: Ed Butler] [Sargent: Joseph Spencer] [Heavy Weapons: Hank Alexander] [Melee: Hawk]

I am going to waifu them and there is nothing you can do to stop me

thanks, which item do you like the most? also, anything glaringly bad about it?

Awesome glad to see I didn't just imagine it. Thanks

You know what? Since the author was talking on the last thread, I was reminded of how wonderful this one was. A real favorite of mine.

Is this the one where you pick a bloodline like a vampire or summoner, or is this a different one? Either way sounds pretty cool

It was really fun, so I'm gonna have to make a new build for my own genie!

I'm indifferent, but I always look at all the options before choosing anything, so they're never really a mystery for me.

Let's see. to start:

>Xian
Because why not, never taken this one before! Poor girl got fired. Hard. Or so she'd say.
>Criminal Record
What did this xian do to get converted into a genie, anyway?! She is just so vague about it, you know?
>Easily Flustered
Tsundere as fuck, and frustrated as hell she's here! But it's a lot better than the alternate, she says with a "

>Is this one where you pick a bloodline like a Vampire or Summoner.
Yeah. You pick a bloodline who specializes in a certain Magic, but you are capable of picking Magic spells outside of your bloodline (To some degree).

Mystery boxes aren't.

I personally would have chosen the staff or the box as a second and while the box was somewhat disturbing I'd end up doing just what the card said and keeping it and continuing to use it, heh.

Overall I thought the write-ups were pretty interesting for each card. I'm not really sure how I feel about the snowball as it's a bit vague, though it seems to be a time control option and there are many who love that....though it does smack of more of a groundhog yandere kind of thing.

So keep up the good work and I hope to see more stuff from you.

How is Astrid so fucking perfect?

Can someone please post that "Where have the Angels gone" CYOA?

Small text changes, general lore shit mostly that isn't relevant till I actually finish World of Gods.
That's my fuck-up, whenever I post the shit again I'll remove the Waifu thing out the filename. And it's more like... 37.5% aren't waifus.

Continuing!
>Curvy
>Heart Pupils
>Wrist Bangles
>Emotion Earrings
Honestly, her true heart is on her sleeves, or her ears, and pupils. She's... well, she may talk about her old job in the bureaucracy a lot, but she seems to be having fun.

>Maid
>Modern
>Chinese Dress
My genie has a maid outfit for some reason... and gets so flustered when she wears it.

>Housewife
>Courtesan
>Life of the Party
You know, I expected her to take skills more related to her job and abilities that she talks about so much, not... wifely matters?

>Brass Lamp
>Cramped, but Cozy
She went straight traditional when it comes to her magical lamp.

>Magical Girlfriend
She has power, but she isn't that strong.

More, of course.
>Loving Heart (free, is totally tsundere about it)
>Friend Upstairs (free, she still has some old friends and coworkers she can contact!)
>Guardian Spirit (-3)
>Minor Psychic Link (-4)
>Lusty Soul (-5)
>Magical Realm (-6)
>Illusionary Copy (-9)
>Foresight (-13)
>Minor Shapeshift (-15)
She has some impressive powers. Surprisingly tough and able to defend me, can shapeshift, can see the future, and, uh... once the early hurtle of her "totally not wanting to be here" is over, very... passionate. And can make copies. Oh dear. Ever hear a tsundere in stereo?

She also got Terminal Battery for free, a weakness.
>Old Friend
Oh dear, someone's still mad. Or maybe not mad, but trying to stop my genie? I wonder why...

i'm not sure what you mean by the staff. as for the snowball, he can freely mess with the timeline by denying the future. he lives in an 'eternal' christmas. also he'll never leave you alone, expect a lot of disconcerting stares and whispers in your ears. he's very friendly, at least.

Good evening to everyone in the thread! I've got the City Collab link here, and I'm still inviting anyone - author or not - to submit a city. Do so at the link here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link#response=ACYDBNj2LbRhNVKpjObhF8fXYm5WriLyT77gWd_eenwRvnaE8OHbsFefxMOKMA

When you submit your city, save the link for editing your response. I'll get back to you with any comments I had while reading it.

Volentia best roommate
>desperate for you to stay
>never had a relationship
>innocent and virgin
>good body
>willing to do anything for you
>a possible yandere
It's like you don't even have to looks elsewhere. I'll marry her if I could ;_;

Pic related is an example city for your consideration. Existing cities can be previewed at this link:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing

Volentia is second best, Astrid is just a little superior.

The new genie waits, sighing after all the cruel chastising she received. Her punishment is coming, to be a lowly genie! But, she'd seen the man for years now, and had only broken the laws to get him a little luck now and then... that shouldn't be a crime, should it?

>Conftort
Not her body! She's always been a little two faced, always a little untruthful. She'll do what she needs to, act how she will. And she never, ever tells how she really feels. Even though everyone can tell half the time anyway, it's not fair! As for help, which she will need...

>Tree of Life
a helpful, central force in the nearby park, something that can actually give her aid as she goes about and tries to fulfill her new job.
>Intent Intern
She knows this intern! Well, that helps at least. Still, she seems more here to watch her than she is to actually help... is this a parole officer?!

>Shoulder Angel
Always chastising. Always meddling. All this new genie has to do is smile and agree, and she'll go away, won't she?
>Smiling Supervisor
She doesn't trust this woman at all. And she keeps getting in the way, entering real life to bother her! And does she have some reason to want this poor man to have bad luck?!

>Not posting the version of the DLC that caused 110% butthurt.

Boo. That one was better and the adjustments the author made to assuage butthurt posters damaged its integrity.

Why, what happened?

Give a man some drugs, he'll take on the title of Guardian of the Galaxy.
Good on you.

>Ship
Normandy
>Upgrades
Overclocked Engines (+1 Speed)
Expanded Hold (+1 Cargo Capacity)
>Modifications
Gym, Library, Kitchen
>Companions
Alain Rickman (Brainboosters)
Alexandria Torgue (Steriods)
Saint Thomas (Red Sand)
Charles III (H20+)
>Cargo
Combat Suit Mk7
>Complications
Ms Alice

Work as a bounty hunter using the combination of drugs provided by the team, might sell some of them to the military or law enforcement to gain their support / legal immunity. Probably sell them weaker or somehow more limited versions though.

Broken Facade confuses me. What is it and why does it give so many points?

Staff...sorry meant the healing card. The second image reminded me of the medical staff that you end up absorbing.

When will you work on that Yandere cyoa?
The one that had alien sharks invade our world while they are fighting some other aliens for the galaxy or something along those lines.

>not picking Blues and devoting your life to becoming a hero

Pretty good babas.

If you choose it, the karmic ramifications close in on "they are trying to appease a sleeping god of destruction with a waifu" levels.

The CYOA won't confirm that you are correct but you should be able to make an educated guess, and you have sufficient information to make a choice from the text of that Pitfall and the text on the following page.

>The nature of magic is fickle. It can bring a great deal of good, but it can also backfire easily. It's why witchcraft was so prohibited in the human world by the Powers That Be, until the prohibition was taken too far. Here in Heaven, we do our best to mitigate the damage, which is why we have the Points system. It ensures that a balance is achieved, and that any hardships you encounter as a result of magic will be balanced by all the benefits you receive. So understand that, in the future, you will encounter setbacks and difficulties. But what relationship, what life, is free of them? Really, you'd only be in serious trouble if the number of leftover points was higher than about 50, and with the 28 Perks and 15 Pitfalls we have, that is almost impossible. So worry not. I'm confident that whatever comes up, if you and the genie work together, you can overcome it.

The DLC also mentions that God would be around 500 points strong.

Your Army
Your Waifu
Your Option: change Your Waifu from figurine to video game

Anyone have that one CYOA where pic related is best waifu?

>Making the same mistake as her
Even she would know better user

Here you go. Wait for the mystery box for that particular waifu.

And here's the mystery box.

>Pick broken facade
>Congratulations you broke the world!

>not picking Blues and devoting your life to becoming a hero
that sounds good, why dont you do that- becoming a hero is lame anyways, who would ever want to be seigi no mikata

captcha: excalibur uert

Finishing up after I was called away:
>The Helping Hands, the Hinn
Of course she can use those! Very useful for all those wishes.
And of course, when it was time to choose, she chose Loving Heart. That was HER choice. Because... she already knew who she was going to. The only demand related to all of this. She would go to HIM, and her heart was already certain of its feelings... needless to say, her life goal was
>Companionship.

>Name
Hendrix Damari
>Charges
Paedophilia
>Talents
-Backstory
Jumpy
Trustworthy
-Expert
Stealth
Disguise
Charm
-Advanced
Evasion
Flight
Stamina
Seduction
Medicine
E.V.A
-Basic
Navigation
Hacking
Public Speaking
Durability
Unarmed
Survival
Escape
Smaller Arms
Acrobatics
>Perks
Experienced
Psychic
Advanced Ship
>Drawback
Compulsion
>Personal Equipment
TCS A-08
Medical Kit
Guide Book
Intruders
Audial Implant + Vocal Modifier
>Crew Equipment
Supplies
Wardrobe
Weaponry
>Ship
Freighter
>Ship Extras
Ship A.I.
Sickbay
Jump Drive
Hydroponics
Sensors
>Location
Alliance
>Pursuer
Frank Kirkland
>Crew
Colton Crisp
Javier Zamora
Ed Butler
Joseph Spencer
Alan Haggerty
Kazuo Yano
James Hood

I don't know what's the problem the Alliance has with me. So I like them young;so what? It's not like they didn't enjoy it. And they really shouldn't have dishonorablly discharged me;I had to cheer myself with some their children. Fun times that was. Heh, Frank had a hell of a time torturing me, but I had the last laugh blowing him up. Maybe I shouldn't have said that I'm going to check up on his twin boys? but the look on his face was worth it.

Just because you are correct it doesn't mean that you are right you know

>picking good/evil alignments
Just pick lawful neutral and do whats necessary.
Doing whats good is not always what is necessary, and you always have to do what is necessary.

The implied conspiracy became an explicit conspiracy, one the player wouldn't automatically be informed of.

>Picking alignments

>When will you work on that Yandere cyoa?
>The one that had alien sharks invade our world while they are fighting some other aliens for the galaxy or something along those lines
That is Echoes (The Earthbound-inspired one). I have already finished 90% as it is a rather short CYOA. The only thing left for me to do in the CYOA is the companions who will be your classmates (Some of them are alien descended too) + alien shark princess (I have already finished the female companions and just need need to work on the male companions.).

I have it on list my as the 4th CYOA to release after Picking-a-Goddess Update 4.0. A lot of my WIPs are pre-done thanks to PPP+ leaving just the companion sections needing to be finish.

Can I pick Your Option: Your Army and change requirement to a book? That way I could gain any army mentioned in the books except 100 the number.

>his hands will never hold anything
did Shirou cuck Garcher?

Are (You) the 'sleeping god of destruction'?

Yes, the Your Option is incredibly powerful when to change an object from a movie to a comic book, you can achieve reality warping from some objects in Marvel or DC.