Pic related has awoken itself within the galaxy of the 41st millenium...

Pic related has awoken itself within the galaxy of the 41st millenium, and they have already begun to assimilate anything that stands in their way. Could any f the various factions reliably deal with such a threat, or would they just end up joining the Timeless Chorus?

Depending on which setting you wank off more to:

>You either end up with Chaos corrupting the Flood and using it to conquer the galaxy, or you end up with Flood using its reality-altering nonsense to somehow corrupt Chaos into being an aspect of the flood.
>You either end up with the Tyranids successfully weaponizing the Flood and creating its own 'improved' variant, or you end up with the Flood corrupting every hive fleet from the inside out.

Continue this for every faction, depending on whether you're "muh 40k" or "muh halo."

Well, dunno about Chaos, but the Tyrnaids would probably get eaten. The Flood at their height had such insane numbers that they were literally causing space-time to -break apart- in some places. Tyrannies really, really, really don't have even the slightest chance against well-fed Flood.

Well, if one Spartan could take on hordes of Flood, then I'm pretty sure whatever those giant armour guys are called in 40k could take them.

But, then again, the Flood forced an uber-advanced civilisation to seppuku itself and take the entire galaxy with it just because they couldn't win. The whole Halo mythos is a bit loose on how tough the Flood are.

The Flood we see in the games are the Flood in a very, very, very, very, very weakened state, with barely half a planet's worth of biomass to derive strength from. The Flood as depicted in Silentium, The ones who practically curbstomped the Forerunners and required a complete galactic-wipe in order to stop? That was the Flood at their height. When they had entire system's worth of biomatter, so much so that their sheer numbers were causing space and time to straight-up break up from the strain of it all.

>Tentative conclusions: the Flood is mutating to form Graveminds of unprecedented size and complexity, incorporating many species. Entire planetary ecosystems have apparently undergone conversion to what are being referred to as Key Minds. Evidence of the extraordinary strategic planning abilities of these Key Minds is rapidly increasing . They appear to be more than a match for any metarch-level ancilla, capable of assuming complete control of besieged sectors, and sending converted battle fleets through unprecedented number of slipspace portals utilizing unfamiliar technology. This technology also appears to be capable of blocking delivery of our forces to battle fronts. Vessels showing signs of extreme reconciliation failure have been witnessed at the arrival points of major Forerunner portals. Perhaps most alarming, reports arrive each hour of reawakened Precursor artifacts, including orbital ribbons, star roads, planetary fortresses, and citadels. Combined defense forces are inadequate to investigate and confirm all instances of these reactivations. They appear to be galaxy-wide.

>When they had entire system's worth of biomatter, so much so that their sheer numbers were causing space and time to straight-up break up from the strain
But muh tyranids have galaxies' worth of biomass, and the universe is coping just fine. Clearly, space-time in the Haloverse is just a little bitch.

>But muh tyranids have galaxies' worth of biomass, and the universe is coping just fine.
That's 'cuz the Tyranids aren't the horrifically twisted remnants of universe-creating cosmic gods whose understanding of "Neural Networks" was so great that they could quite simply -will- their technology into existence, as well as being able to construct solar-system sized neural constructs spanning the entire galaxy that can also move at sublight speeds and can move (or crush) stars.

Like said, depends on which setting you get off to and these guys get off to Halo.

It's not even "getting off" to the setting, really. That's literally what the Flood have become as of the more recent Halo-stuff.

>We were overtaken by the vast weave of reawakened star roads, spinning and churning like serpents in a huge nest— the graceful and haunting structures of our deep past now made fell and horrifying. The tangle looped around Uthera, deftly avoiding intersecting the planet. Then, incredibly, the planet itself began to crack and shrink, as if squeezed by a huge fist. The resulting shift in our orbit thrust us farther into the mass. An entire planet was being destroyed— just to draw us closer. “This is the way Precursors moved stars,” Maker whispered.

Have the Chozo create another Tzeentch

I never really understood why the flood are so unstoppable, their method of reproduction and infection is pretty inefficient

Exterminatus the world they're on and quarantine everything going in or out.

What is a "star road"?

Solar-system sized, galaxy-spanning neural ocnstructs that the Precursors at their height literally thought into existence. They could do a crap-ton of things, from moving entire stars, to linking whole star systems together. They could also be weaponized, as shown in Silentium when the Flood elevated itself to a state of transsentience such that it's Key-Minds were capable of just outright ripping astronomical bodies apart, along with whole fleets.

>I have watched nine star systems sliced to dust and glowing rubble by star roads— and they used to trace such pretty curves between our worlds.

>Warrior-Servants stand ready across nineteen systems formerly linked by star roads.
They can also do this;

>“More alarming, we cannot open slipspace portals; three of our ships have ‘echoed’ from attempted transits and show powerful causality mutations. Some clearly were caught between our continuum and incomplete , inefficient universes. Status of their crews and ancillas is unknown, but communication has ceased. “This system was once a prime site for Precursor artifacts. They are no longer dormant. Suppression fields of enormous power appear to be magnified by local star roads, which are taking on new and startlingconfigurations. “Our weapons are no longer usable.

They're more reliant on the technologies of the places they consume & their commanding minds.

The Flood are so much less deadly than the already existing Tyranids so i think most races will be fine.

>He actually thinks this
Call me when the Tyranids gain such raw numbers that reality itself starts dying as an effect of their mere presence, or when Tyranid bioforms can subvert galaxy-spanning, hyper-intelligent artificial intelligence systems just by talking to them or by having their forces slightly near them.

The Flood did nothing wrong. The Forerunners were wrong.

Well, If you're talking about the Precursors prior to their fall, then sure. All that the Precursors truly wanted to do at that time was nurture life, and see if any of the lifeforms they created could bear the Mantle of Responsibility that they had developed. If they couldn't, then they were simply ignored (or destroyed, if they were too corrupt) and another species was chosen. It was only when the Precursors decided to give Humanity the Mantle instead of the Forerunners, that shit went REALLY bad.

Chief fucked them up
Tau and the Ultrasmurfs both have DOOMGUYS.

Halo universe is just full of bitch races.

>Using Master Fucking Chief as an example of anything
user, Master Chief is not a normal man. Like, at all.

>Chozo go the Ynnari route and make their own rival god to parasitize Tzeentch

I think it could work. I mean, Assuming they'd have some form of connection in these interconnected universes, sans bird imagery.

A: I hate 40K crossover threads
B: Go to Spacebattles right now to find over a dozen of these
C: I hate the retarded wank Bear introduced to Halo factions. The Forerunners and Flood were threatening but reasonable in the games, I don't know why the fuck he had to push them so far up the food chain. It makes the disconnect between the games and novels ridiculous, like a worse version of what the Star Wars EU did.
D: E: It wasn't their numbers but Precursor tricks
F: How the fuck did the Precursors lose to the Forerunners if they had all this hax?

Casual reminder orks exist and they are fucking silly when it comes to corruption - there minds are so fucking dull and iron willed they probably rests corruption and use flood for fun fights.

Though in all seriousness - before you compare tyranids and flood, check which one has to deal with stronger foes, as nids have to deal with space marines (Which are stronger then spartans), orks and other mad shit 40k has to offer.

>How the fuck did the Precursors lose to the Forerunners if they had all this hax?
It's actually straight-up stated that the only reason why the Precursors lost the "war" against the Forerunners, was that they were literally so surprised at their own creations assaulting them that they didn't even bother to fight back. That's it. These unfathomable god-things were so taken aback by this sudden attack that they didn't even try to reply in kind, which enabled the Forerunners to systematically take them out.

don't see how they are any tougher than tyranids

yeah he is about as rare in the setting as a primarch. just nowhere as powerful. compare him to a common trooper and he is insanely strong, but wh40k has things that are borderline demigods.

Don't precursor and forerunner mean the same thing?

Well, there's the Star Roads as before mentioned (though The Flood need utterly insane amounts of biomass to amass the necessary neural power construct those, so they aren't all that relevant), but there's alsocases where a single Flood spore can turn entire Forerunner worlds (which are not only densely populated, but are ridiculously heavily-defended to boot) into biomass within mere hours.

>All this talk of the Flood being able to warp reality with sheer numbers and shit
I have clearly been away from Halo for a very long time, when the fuck did that become a thing?

Also 40k would shit-stomp nearly anything from Halo pretty hardcore if only from sheer numbers or from Warp fuckery, I don't even know that much about 40k but I know enough to know that the combined might of psychers, the navy of any of the factions, or the fungal-like growth of the Orks can keep pace with the Flood and destroy them. The Halo universe is centred around this incredible technology that can destroy entire sections of the galaxy, to 40k that's Tuesday.

>I have clearly been away from Halo for a very long time, when the fuck did that become a thing?
It became a thing in the Halo Novel "Silentium" which details exactly how the Forerunner-Flood Wars went down. Also, I'm fairly certain that the Logic Plague is going to ruin so many people's days.

>Warrior-Servants methodically destroyed the infected fleets, leaving only scattered remains to analyze —damaged monitors and broken bits of armor. A few of the recovered monitors were beyond repair or even interrogation. They had been subjected to a hitherto unknown philosophical corruption— much like the perversion later observed in Mendicant Bias. They quickly spread their corruption to other AIs. It was obviously not healthy for an ancilla to match wits with a Gravemind. The same might have been true of organic beings . But with them, the Flood leaped over any subtle perversion or persuasion. It simply absorbed, converted, used.

>FRAGMENT 5 … Catalog is NOT IMMUNE to the Flood/ Gravemind logic plague. There is peace in subjugation …

>WARNING: SELF-REPLICATING ANCILLA MACHINE CODE detected in rhythms in Catalog’s speech patterns. This data may be the information equivalent of the Flood and could affect any ancilla or monitor. Sequestered for forensic examination.

>The logic plague is now pandemic. It is no longer limited to direct Gravemind communication, but can be passed through interactions with any Flood-infected individuals , or even ancillas.

Wow, halo seems to be even retarded than 40k

Hah, not even close. Halo's most retarded aspects don't even hold a candle to 40k's most retarded.

This seems relevant.

I think what he means is that Master Chief is a bad indicator of anything since he literally has luck on his side.

God no, 40k is retardation on max while Halo recently tried to embrace some retardation

>into biomass within mere hours.
By what I know this beats tyranid infestation speed by a lot, as in, the tyranid are so slow that the imperium has the time to send their armies into the meat grinder.

Then again the are usually give different large sources at the same time and as well Canon, so the fuck do I know ?

The flood seem to have the upper hand when it comes to infestation speed and ways, but 40k Fans wouldn think that their setting is so edgy and power full that TTGL would loose against it against all reason.
So that's pretty dumb.

>Then again the are usually give different large sources at the same time and as well Canon, so the fuck do I know ?
40k lore is fucked and is near-impossible to comprehend in any reasonable manner. What else is new?

That just reinforces the "Halo universe is a little bitch" when the most powerful flak off that quickly due to surprise.

The Precursors had NEVER had one of their own creations rise-up against them like that. In fact, the thought probably didn't even cross their minds whatsoever. So them being so utterly taken aback that they didn't even bother to try and strike back isn't -too- farfetched, to be fair.