I'm going to be GMing a Persona themed game for Monsters and Other Childish Things soon...

I'm going to be GMing a Persona themed game for Monsters and Other Childish Things soon. I need ideas/inspiration for troubled/wacky/hip High School Teenagers/Teachers. Game is going to be taking place in a large west coast city circa 2012.

I don't have much to help you there but any chance you're looking for players?

Go with timeless archetypes, because you can modify them to fit the modern day and the situation really well.
>The Stoner
>The Jock with a heart of gold
>The Jock who's a complete ass
>The Queen Bee
>The Neeeeeeeerd
>The Hanger-On
>The Student Council President

And then for teachers you've got even more options.
>The Alcoholic
>The Hardass
>The Nervous Substitute
>The Expert Professor
>The One Who's About to Retire
>The Exhausted One
>The Janitor

Use these kind of things as foundations to build characters and arcanas off of.

Sorry, but we're probably going to be full up if this does happen. Sorry, man.

Are you using the Velvet Book mod for MaOCT?

Play with the 2012 end of the world theory. Have a teacher/student that always link the supernatural stuff(your version of the midnight channel/change of heart) with aliens or the Illuminati.

Trust me user, end of the world theory is going to be big in this one.
Yes

figures.

for students, "the nervous wreck" who stutters constantly, flinches whenever anyone makes sudden movements towards them, and honestly is probably being abused at home.

Now that is a clever idea. Archetypes give a lot of useful information with minimal work. It's shorthand that leans into things everyone knows without thinking about it.

It also makes it easy to subvert them. Anything that contradicts the archetype makes for a twist.

There was one kid I went to high school with who was a real character. Wore his "nerdiness" as a badge of honor despite only liking basic bitch things like Yugioh or Pokemon (And even then only had an entry level knowledge of the things he was obsessed with). Best part was that despite conforming to the nerd/outcast archetype in the worst possible way, the guy was an absolute asshole to everyone, and would constantly heckle people twice his size and rag on people he thought were "idiots" (In spite of his own retardation he was your typical "All jocks are idiots, all cheerleaders are whores" kind of ass). Literally tried to get all his teachers to call him "Roxas". The only reason I can think of that he survived was that everyone was too amused at having a school lolcow to bother beating his ass.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Needless to say he's been a recurring base for many comically ineffective villains in my campaigns.

The aggressive kid that always wants to fight. We had one of those in high school, couldnt take a joke at all. But he kind of mellowed out after puberty.
Theres also the proto comedian, the kid who hides in humor to be accepted and is probably depressed. I remember reading several articles on the subject after Robin Williams committed suicide, comedians are fucked up and the problems usually start in high school.

Always make sure that you take as much time as possible for any dialog and world-building exposition, and make your group wait an hour or two before they get to do anything of consequence.

Also dictate when their characters are tired and should just go straight to bed.

None of the player characters can have an interesting arcana.

Gotta be true to that Persona(tm) flavor.

Someones salty.

Sounds like you're cranky. You should get some sleep.

Starting Persona 5 was a mistake.
I want to replay Bloodborne, but I know that if I take a break from P5 I'll never come back to it.

I'm always disappointed that you never get a party member that's Tower. To be fair,
there was a Hanged Man character... once.

I really need to get back to it myself. Ironically I too got sidetracked with Bloodborne.

I've always wanted a Devil arcana in the party, but I can see why they tend to shy away from that considering the portfolio. Tower would be super cool though. Guess that's what running your own games is for.

>Also dictate when their characters are tired and should just go straight to bed.
I know that feel. Made me rather paranoid about late fees when renting dvds.

The student assistant. Can be both!

YOU'LL NEVER SEE A GUN MAAAAAAAAAN

>Running a game right now
>Have to make a Lovers arcana

Do I make her my ideal waifu or a solid middle of the road waifu like most Lovers arcana?

Make her a slut like Rise, a bitch like Yukari and a bimbo like Ann. Then make a Mitsuru insert because Mitsuru is best girl

A slutty bitch bimbo? I'm not running this on f-list, user.

Buck the trend. Make the Lovers arcana a husbando.

Funny you mention that, the sample Lovers from the Velvet Book mod is a dude (pic related)