/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100071/strange-aeons
d20pfsrd.com/Magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/wild
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We stole a bank.

I stole our elf paladin-bimbo's virginity.

Question, is it really even a special snowflake backstory to adventure because my character specifically rejected his noble family's diabolical plans and destiny for him in order to forge his own destiny? Thats what somebody described the backstory as, that and "mary sueish"

Is it also even a solid reason to adventure specifically to seek experience and find their calling because my character is far too aware of their naivete?

Considering that that's pretty much exactly like the Iconic Necromancer's backstory I'd say it's fairly normal when played correctly.

I should have known to not trust certain places when it comes to backstory questions. My first reaction was mostly disbelief since, how the heck can somebody be Mary Sueish when they are merely special(as most PCs are) but did not show impossible elements in their story and stuff?

The guy from Who we stole shit from threatened To gut us if we didnt return his possessions. In response We burned his house, teleported his son To a desert island and wrote a poem about how he is a master felater on the city walls with burning letters.

So it looks like Cavalier is the pick for the rebuild (especially since I don't want to do medium), which will be getting done at some point in the future.

For those of you who voted for it, what would you like to see done? I plan on pulling inspiration from the 3.5 Marshal, the 3.5 Knight, and other similar style character classes, prestige classes, and archetypes.

I wouldn't mind if stuff like the decision to get a horse or not was a core class decision, not something that had to be done with archetypes.

And maybe expansion of Orders and their powers.

The shit people think is and isn't a sue is often nonsensical and dumb.

I would like to see a greater variety of choices for exotic mounts that aren't all locked behind an archetype (Beast Rider). Who would ever want a boring old horse? At the very least it would be nice if there were some options for "special" advancements for your mount if the selection of mounts stays limited.

"At level 10 if you have a horse it becomes a Pegasus"

Yeah, but like, OPTIONS. So at 10th level it becomes your choice of a pegasus, nightmare, unicorn, kelpie, or horse-shaped ooze.

Basically all I'm saying is that horses bore the shit out of me. Find some way, any way, to spruce them up without just having to go into an archetype and I would be mostly satisfied.

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100268/the-skies-of-avalon
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100007/student-council-of-thieves

Explain!

It's been a while, folks, but I'm letting you all know that /yes/ I am alive. Holidays are hell and I've got a new job, but I assure you that the guides are slowly chugging along.

Can you repost all your guides? I've got people asking SoM questions, which I don't know how to answer.

More guides would be nice yes, it would also be nice to have them updated with Champion of the Sphere archetypes too since there are cool stuff like Bladewalker for Armiger

This, make a mount itself a choice instead of a requirement. Possibly even give it a suite of abilities that function differently if mounted? So instead of having a mounted cavalier and a non-mounted cavalier as separate tracks, you have a cavalier who functions differently if mounted or not.

Maybe as like, I dunno, deeds or something?

sure thing user, starting with the Sentinel Guide

In a strawpoll i hosted a while back, the class voted in to get the next guide was the Prodigy. That class will be next. Conveniently that class was also the one I was looking at the most

Conscript guide next. After the prodigy is done I'll take the time to actually go through and dissect the spheres a la how the "Orrery" does for magic spheres

I'd rather be able to not have a mount at all.

That seems worth looking into, I did hear that Prodigy seems really complicated so a guide would be nice

I would say that Prodigy is not nearly as complicated as it looks at first glance, rather, you just need to be mindful of all the /stuff/ you have.

Honestly I kind of fucking hate Prodigy.

Intoxicated DHB is here. I am answering questions about requests for new UC classes. If you wish to know things please merely ask. Everything from what I plan to do next to what I would do for certain classes, or other homebrewer things.

Unchained Medium when?

I looked over medium and honestly do not have a ton of experience with the class. However I can see the directions it could go it.

Tell me your ideas DHB

>Avowed pacts don't have ANY Paladin-esque limitations on them
>They don't even have thematic drawbacks or anything like Oracle curses
Unchained Avowed when?

Will UC wizard include a revised spell list to fit with the way higher level spells are gained?

Paladin codes are poorly-written. And the Avowed explicitly does not NEED to have mechanical drawbacks to them: that's what storytelling (and/or refluffing) is meant for.

That's why Avowed is fucking boring.

Yeah, but if you make a hard line between Cavalier with mount and cavalier without mount then you have to write the class twice. Better idea is just making the special class-based mount optional and having it be a choice between it or something else, like the Paladin. Then all the abilities remain mount neutral, or function slightly differently while mounted or on foot.

>classes need to have a gun aimed right at your foot to shoot yourself in, so they're not boring!
????

Everybody says the Avowed is boring and flavorless. Read the writing on the wall.

Funny, how you say "everybody" on a site that's designed to be anonymous and easy to fool others. Why don't you take up your grievances with Forrest directly, and tell them that the Avowed is, as you put it, "boring and flavorless"? And, even better idea, come up with suggestions on how to improve it, eh, ehhhhh?

It's not that hard.

As-is you can easily separate out shit that needs a mount and shit that doesn't. Banner, Challenge, Tactician, all this shit works without a horse.

It's just the mount ability itself, expert trainer, the charging stuff, those that'd get swapped out.

But it's not? Like, my entire grievance with the class is that Forrest went total radio silence for the past few months after making a fuckton of stupid changes, didn't fix any of the dumb bullshit that was actually busted, and the class is STILL IN PLAYTEST.

According to the Patreon, Forrest moved cross-country and that's what was taking so much time away; changing addresses, jobs, phone numbers, moving shit, etc.

That's more of an archetype then.

I mean, yea, I understand that, but that was an update from MONTHS ago. There were questions the DAY THE LAST UPDATE WAS POSTED that have yet to be answered.

The whole 'put together a combo' aspect of the class doesn't really fit with the 'martial and magic' thing they were pursuing. The prodigy feels to me like it should be martial artist class.

Yeah, and I'm saying it should be an inherent part of the class, rather than part of an archetype which comes with its own flavor and abilities and might change things beyond just the mount abilities.

Hey anyone got a scan of the page that talks about what boons you get for converting NPCs?

Why is armor training 1 point and weapon training 2 points? Armor training is pretty good.

Is there a way to get armor proficiencies besides your class/archetype or feats?

Not as good as Weapon Training, though. AT makes heavy armor easier to stomach using, WT makes things killy-er and Advanced Weapon Training has better tricks than Advanced Armor Training.

No

Is it a bad idea to have a backstory that includes a lineage of heroism and a powerful (class leveled) family, but the PC left the family and is held in contempt because he subscribes to a different kind of life and worships another god?

Or is having a strong family of any description too special

Not at all. A family with class levels gives your GM a whole boatload of NPCs to play with, just so long as your parents aren't world renown heroes, or something that would make your character rich/famous, it's fine.

I was this guy and I seriously balked when somebody said it was too much of a special snowflake/Mary Sueish. PCs tend to be pretty special in general to begin with anyway and how the heck is being related to a pretty famous noble family considered Mary Sueish? Let alone a noble family that is interested in seeing you die because you did not agree with them? Isnt that instead a conflict instead of "too perfect" or something?

I've had two characters whose dads were adventurers in their day. One was a fairly average adventurer who quit that life when his wife died to take care of their egg, and the other was A MIGHTY SUPERHERO, RENOWNED ACROSS THE LAND and he's happily retired to a life of farming with his aggressively-normal wife.

Looking for 2 players for my SA group: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/100071/strange-aeons

Can't verify I'm not the user you were just talking to, or even a stack of cups, but I've been diving into the Avowed class lately myself with the intention of reviewing it, and the only feedback I've heard this week is that it's a relatively flavorless build-a-class, a sentiment that I also partially agree with upon my own examination.

I think you make a good recommendation, since Forrest is supposedly highly receptive to feedback from what I hear (perhaps even too receptive), hence my putting together a review. Just off the top of my head, approaching pacts in a more RP-centric manner like, say, Tome of Magic's Binder class, also known as the one good thing to come out of Tome of Magic, would immediately make things more interesting without adding arbitrary drawbacks to them either.

There's no reason that everyone should have to start out as nobodies. If players want to be nobles the GM should let them.

Shadowcasters should have been a 3/4 BAB gish style class.

I am working on a Shadowcaster gish/witch type class. Hybrid of Magus and Witch, with a touch of the Shadowcrafter thrown in.

I made a homebrew combination of the 3.5 Warlock and Shadowcaster for PF, I was planning on reworking all the invocations from 3.5 and all the "totally not a spell" mysteries and junk. Never really did finish it but I'm planning to eventually now that I'm running PF again.

How do you run a game like Argentum?

So, arcane version of the Phantom Blade Spiritualist?

With attention to detail, great flexibility, careful forethought, and good players.

Nah, more meant to be blastomage type of setup. But, upon rewriting eldritch glaive and eldritch claws perhaps.

Glad to see my mention of Tome of Magic brought up Shadowcaster. I'd still assert that Binder was the only good thing in that book, but to be fair, it was the only finished thing. Shadowcaster was rushed and unfinished and could have been much better, and Truenamer, well, was clearly still in the rough draft stage. Truly a shame what happened with that book.

If your homebrew is any good, just remember, literally the only difference between homebrew and 3rd-party is that one has a fancy publisher's name and logo on it and one doesn't.

Binder was cool but had some serious dipping abuse potential. But it was as you said the only finished thing. I loved Shadowcaster thematically but it was so below expectations that it wasn't funny. Truenamer would have been a great thing thematically but they fucked the mechanics bigtime.

You would be correct about Binder being the only good thing in the book. Though, dipping abuse was a thin all throughout 3.5.

And no preplanning or typing of anything, and taking forever to respond to a simple question to an NPC, stalling the game as your character is waiting for the response that would normally come.

Oh, as for the homebrew, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't really finished it either because since the majority of the class's quality depends on all the magical shenanigans I need to go through them and tweak as necessary.

Is this Argentumposting again?

How's Pendragon going? Hell's Vengeance? Shardwalkers?

Does anyone have the Crypt of the Everflame official module? I had a physical copy of it years ago and am trying to grab it so I can run a game based on it for my little brother.

Never mind it actually is in the pastebin stuff I just didn't see it.

So, i am playing as a PC for the first time with some teenagers and edgelords, hence i have decided to play Hitler.

I want to play an inquisitor, because i think that fits Hitler the best, but im confused as to alignment.

Hitler was a relatively selfless, intelligent being who placed the Welfare of the German people above all else. He did what he believed was morally right. Would he be Chaotic Good or Lawful Evil?

A subtle LE can often appear to be Good. The things he ordered done, even to those he considered to be evil or trash, were evil acts. A Paladin would fall quickly if they tortured, imprisoned, and killed non-combatants. Torture as well is widely considered to be straight up Evil no matter who does it or for what reason.

LE doesn't mean they can't be nice or selfless sometimes, or even most of the time. Even LE characters can aim for a pure and good goal, but taking evil methods often plants them firmly into evil territory.

LN may also be a good fit, depending on how you plan to approach the game.

To paraphrase the famous saying, the best way to get the measure of a leader is to look at how he treats his enemies and the lowest of his people.

>mind controls enemies
>nice to lowest of people
What alignment is this?

Hitler was very gracious to the lowest of his people. He just gassed his enemies

>flavorless
I've seen literally one person say this(and it was only a few days ago) and it's probably the same guy who compalins about a class being flavorless because it doesn't make the plot revolve around his dick like a black fucking hole. A lot of people complain that the avowed has too much shit baked in flavorwise when it first came out.

Flavor is a fucking buzzword anyway. Unless the class makes no attempt to contextualize what it's doing within the world it has flavor. Whether you like that flavor or not, is up to you and ultimately subjective.

So summoner, I prefer the idea of the synthesist summoner, but is playing a different kind of summoner?

Like playing regular summoner with the teamwork feats for my character and the eidolon seems like it could work

Fuck off 2hu.

>2hu
>That

Ya 2hu detector machine [B]roke.

Is there some sort of armor enchantment that lets it reform to the user's base form? Like, supports transformations between biped/quadruped form?

Playing an archer in Jade Regent. Should I skip Clustered Shots this time, since I'll face a lot of oni that don't have DR?

Kind of fucking answered your own question there, chump.

Anyone here build an Ungermaw? I like the flavor of the class and I'd like some general advice for building one.

>DSP's latest Bloodforge: Infusions kept the bearded vulture tengu's +2 racial bonus to AC and saving throws
Why is this allowed? What is DSP smoking?

Because 3pp can be as out of control as they want to be because their quality control is even more all over the place than Paizos.

Choice between mount or no mount as standard. I would also like to see a split between the class being a melee based party buffer (like a tactician) or like a tank (kind of like how the Warder functions without the PoW moves).

Talk with your GM if such a transformation would count as wildshape for a Wild armor
d20pfsrd.com/Magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/wild

Do you actually use Golarion, or do you homebrew?

>bad games general

I remember one user's rulings on Golarion that made sense.

>Double the size of every country and introduce restrictions so that you don't have as much cross-pollination
>like triple the size of all bodies of water

I use Forgotten Realms, during the AD&D times.

Was Ultimate Wilderness a mistake?

absolutely

Yes

definitely

I'm using an AU of a 3pp setting as the primary location, with the outside world being mostly mutable and homebrew.

Only the Shifter.

I like some of the archetypes. My PCs will fight some of them this year.

If I use death knell aura in range of a dying rat swarm do I get a 100+ bonus to my CL? What if I use it in range of a dying bag of rats?

Apparently the Starfinder print quality is bad and the pages detach from the spine, is this true?