First time dm here. Just killed off my first character. it felt kinda good

First time dm here. Just killed off my first character. it felt kinda good.

Is this wrong? Should i do it again? pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhW0W5OfdOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you have a good reason for it?

No, it's good, keep doing it.

Kill 'em all!

>pic related.

whats the context

okay, my party is full of goofy fucks

This one was playing a barbarian flavored as a muscular marge simpson, with some egg meme or something

during the campaign, the party was arrested and sent to jail to be put on trial for protocol. The party was mostly compliant

marge was the last to be stripped of items, and she went berserk. disarmed and killed four guards until a knight fucked her up. She had murder added to her charges
a little while later, during the trial, the rest of the party is declared innocent. But marge? she has to do trial by combat, with her own lawyer of all people

marge charged, closing the distance, ready to hit this defenseless lawyer next turn

well, this lawyer turned out to be the king's golden dragon friend. and he just transformed back into a dragon, and with one gout of fire, marge died

i accompanied his turn with some sad music and it was pretty good. the party was fucking horrified. i was giggling on the inside. she brought it upon herself, really. there was no rage or anything, though

>muscular marge simpson, with some egg meme or something

I essentially live under a rock. I don't understand memes and typically hate those that i do
don't question the character too much, but her death takes my campaign another step towards being more serious.

>I don't understand memes and typically hate those that i do
You're less weird than you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhW0W5OfdOg

I think killing a character flavored like that was perfectly understandable. Especially if all they did was chimp out constantly and go on murdersprees.

If the character was a a problem due to being too unserious, you shouldn't have killed them in-game. You should have stopped and politely explained to your player that he's being a twit and asked him to be a little more serious.

Also I can't decide if trial by combat with your own lawyer is retarded or awesome. That's some crazy-ass Klingon shit right there.

the problem was not the unseriousness, actually. the death was due to IC decisions. the character was basically the party's blunt object.

there was... lore... behind it, that i will not get into

nah, they chimped out less than an average half-orc barbarian, but when they did, it was fucking brutal.

i remember needing to pull out some FATAL tables one time.

>there was... lore... behind it, that i will not get into

Now you need to.

>i remember needing to pull out some FATAL tables one time.

I honestly don't know most of it. I do know that she was an ancestral guardian barbarian, with the simpsons casts as the spirits, and that it was probably fucking grimdark

marge also had a "sack" instead of genitals. it is exactly what it sounds like. yes, it was used as storage.
it involved a fairy dragon and some eggs (reflavored acid splash cantrip)

did i mention marge was probably kicked out of
the plane of "simpin world" for being a registered sex offender?

totally. in fact killing PCs is the only way to get into Game Master Heaven!

Only kill them intentionally if it is the logical result of their actions

>turned out to be the king's golden dragon friend
sounds like an asspull to me

Your campaign sounds awful OP.

>suprise he's a dragon
You are a shit DM

>the king's dragon is also an attourney for murderhobos
I don't even know man

I never realized there were actually people who get something out of asspulls like rocks fall everyone dies.

>trial by combat with her own lawyer

what

>turned out to be the king's golden dragon friend

what

this sounds like something written by a 13 year old.

What the actual fuck. I need MORE, OP. What was the rest of the party like? Any other stories about them?

nigger tell me about the other characters
this shit's fucked up

How did the players feel?
Trial by impossible to win combat feels like you were giving the player hope, only to then completely crush it.

Up until the end, it was fairly reasonable.
Barbarian doesn't mean "berserk at the drop of a hat", bringing in a knight to pacify them was reasonable, and the trial and verdict seemed... okay. Maybe not fair but acceptable.
Rather than being a secret gold fucking dragon, maybe have them be a mid-high level rogue who is more than capable of handling someone who is happy to abuse Reckless Attack and give them all the advantage they need. Sneak attack is painful as fuck and would have done the job fine.
It really sounded like you did an asspull and if it were me I would have felt alienated from the circumstances and game.

>earlier today was that autist who only allows British accents in his LotR game for "immersion"
>now there's this shit

What

>it's a Marge DMs for Lisa and the nerds and gets a taste for killing PCs episode

If you were going to kill him, you should have let the guards finish him off. Pitting him against an unbeatable opponent like that is a dick move.

My DM tried to kill my character with a trial by combat.... i murdered those 3 gladiators with sheer luck and monk fists. It was a fair but brutal combat. I was level 5 they were CR3,2 and 2.

You son of a bitch, I recognise you from the MSP thread!

I just had a PC die a couple weeks ago for the first time on me.
>usually run Delta Green for my group
>a week after Christmas two guys(A & T) won't be able to make it, but the other two really want to do something as does another guy(R) who we've played with in the past
>decide to a one shot set in 1946 Berlin that's essentially a story arc from Hellboy
>A decides to roll up a commanche code-talker
>T wants to play a secret Nazi, so between the two of us we make his character a former Karotechia guy who assumed the identity of a Austrian-American DG agent he was trying to defect to
>R really wants to be British, decide to have him be a PISCES agent
>So everyone essentially has somewhat conflicting goals
>A to carry out normal DG mission(grab info, destroy anything unnatural)
>T to keep it secret that he's a Nazi
>R to gather Intel for PISCES and to grab any potential entities if they could be turned into an asset
>Group goes to investigate cattle mutilations
>End up talking to farmers who think it has something to do with the widow nearby and her son, who just returned from some sort or sanitarium
>Son is pale, has large black eyes, and way too many/sharp teeth
>Isn't really aggressive though
>Admits to feeding on cattle
>Group manages to convince both vampire guy to be sedated and mother to agree to let him be taken to "help"
>they take him back to an OSS site and question him, discover he just woke up in the sanitarium and walked back home, doesn't remember much other than it was dark and cold
>Everyone reports to there respective command
>R told to get vampire guy to a PISCES facility not far away, or at least blood samples
>A & T told to eliminate as soon as possible
>Group heads to the sanitarium
>Now, given T's character background of being in Karotechia, I was giving him a bit more information than everyone else

>Like he has seen the blood samples from vampire guy before, knew where the secret lab was in the sanitarium, and knew most of the guys who worked on Operation Vampyr Strum
>they get into the lab, R & T find a bunch of tubes filled with corpseals, but evidence of a bunch more missing
>A is outside the room with vampire guy, decide to unload Tommy gun at him
>Fight occurs, everyone else runs back out
>A gets a bit fucked up, but vampire guy is killed
>T sees to his wounds
>They decide to grab what papers they can, then destroy the bodies and get out
>In the process of trying to ignite shit, R gets fucked up
>T & A decide this is the time to get rid of him
>T loads him up with enough morphine to get him to pass out, throw him on the fire, and then get out
We ended it shortly thereafter, which was funny because there was a lot more to go, but it took way longer than I thought. T was also going to eventually try and murder A, which I thought was funny. I also put a little plot hook from our current session that no one else noticed, but alas.

actually, it was forshadowed on multiple occasions and the dragon had been met before.

i'm going by the seat of my pants. not super serious, but the players like it

one of the players had given gold to the same dragon in an earlier session, so he volunteered

not at the moment, sorry. we're only a few sessions in and shit hasn't gone down

just a three adventurer party. we have marge, who's going to go into a kenku of some sort next i believe, and then there's the wimpy druid who's useless, and then the manwhore of a drow rogue named nickel back

the player knew she was gonna be executed. she was okay with it afaik

again, i did foreshadow it. i just thought this would be better than execution, and have more impact. a true execution would be in poor taste, honestly

i'm sorry, msp thread?

if you're talking about the image, it's someone different. i found this abomination in its natural habitat