What are the most interesting countries for Urban Fantasy and why?

What are the most interesting countries for Urban Fantasy and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

russia, specially chernobyl urban ruins

japan
maybe alaska/canada

Japan, Australia and Italy are my favourites imo. Mostly because I like Japan and Italy and live in Australia. Japan is just exotic enough and just familiar enough to the average Western person to be enticing, Italy has Old World appeal and mystery to it while still being decidedly modern, and Australia is basically America with way less people in an area bigger than the US, and we’re lazy as fuck too so it’s easier to justify fantastical happenings occurring and not being picked up on by the general public immediately. Unless the fantasy elements in your setting are already a thing everyone knows about and not a secret. This is all just from my own experience though. Most European countries are good too, and smaller or isolated places work well.

Punk 1980s Deutschland

Poland, especialy our bigger citys. We cant plan citys for shit, so not only are they a strange bland of old, new and new pretending to be old, they are confuisng as fuck and you can hide anything in them. Moreover we have a distrust for anything goverment related, so no one is going to call the cops unless you start fiering your gun on the streets. Because fuck cops, thouse goverment bastards are stealing our taxes and stoping us from robbing small stores

France. Check the underground tunnels of Paris, they were built in ancient times and expanded throughout the times, so now nobody (officially at least) knows their extent.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris
They also hold hold remains of few milion people.

ITT lamers just nominating their own countries. Shoo shoo nationalists, no one likes your stinky countries but you.

op said most interesting, not best

And Australia and Poland are the literal opposite of interesting.

>America
American cities pretty much define modern cities.

>Tokyo
A massive, American-style skyscraper city with some very 'native' elements, blend East and West in a unique fashion. Also the largest city on the planet, with the greater Tokyo Area having half the population of all of France.

Western European cities get more interesting the more Islam clashes with the native culture.

I've heard that's also why Paris doesn't have any skyscrapers outside of la Defense... except the Tour Montparnasse... and that vomitworthy pyramid the Andalusian whore running that city has in mind.

This
The Rhine/Ruhr Area especially lends itself to Urban Fantasy

The quastion was what would be a good setting, not historical background and amount of clubs open

>My country, ewwww.
>OTHER countries! Yummy~!

Depends how you take it. Generally I agree, If you want typical European country, you'd be better off with Germany, and if you want Slavic stuff - Russia.
In favt the only way to effectively make camping in Poland is to go with nazi concentration camp. Near Krakow there was the biggest one. You can then have old journal with experiments (PCs find it in an old bookstore) or modern zombies, or believable muh ebil neo-nazi cult. for /pol/ 1 - the genre's called 'Fantasy', 2 - kindly fuck off [/spoiler

Yeah thanks Canada we love you too.

When you say urban fantasy you mean big city, small unremarkable town or anything taking place in modern times with fantasy elements revolving around a human town?

>The Rhine/Ruhr Area
Could you elaborate? When I think of that area I think of industry, not something that could mesh with urban fantasy.

>Russia
>Chernobyl
Pick one unless you are Putin.
That really depends on what genre do you want to see.

>and that vomitworthy pyramid
The Tour Triangle?

It's been approved you know. I think construction even started late least year

Tokyo is cool, I personally like Seoul more. It's both more chaotic and dirtier than Tokyo. Both are very similar, Shinjuku is probably more ritzy than Gangnam, but if you consider poorer one-storey districts, Seoul wins out. Japan is just too tidy overall.

Also, climate. Tokyo might win out with its monsoon thunderstorms, but Seoul has something resembling proper winters, dry and windy. Minus 10 degrees Celsius is, well, a fucking joke where I'm from, but still.

>It's been approved you know.
Yeah, tragic. Shit like this makes it harder and harder for me to like the French. It's like they actively try to ruin everything they have going for them to the best of their abilities. The Andalucian whore appears to think that France is like Spain, that it's a country that can survive multiple attempts to sabotage itself without collapsing.

Russia gets pretty boring after some time, though. Well maybe that's because I lived there for like 10 years.
If you do Russia, do the fucking vastness that is outside of big cities.

d] all of the above

The country that you're playing in, because chances are that you know the local folklore better and you can reinforce the whole "IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU" thing that permeates so much of Urban Fantasy.

Also, well, you probably actually know the places so everyone around the table is more familiar with how stuff works and you don't run into any weirdness where your fictional Chicago is nothing like the actual Chicago or whatnot.

definitely japan.

Hardcore mode: Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Johannesburg, Istanbul, New Delhi, Mexico City

Ben 10 did nothing wrong.