Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Cooking Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qX7ehxyYRQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just what is that draenei cooking?

Lor'themar marrying Thalysara when

You're actually witnessing a Draenei redneck whipping up a quick batch of [Moonglow] there.

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

>he would rather live as a Argonian and have This family than marry jennifer hale, atleast hr could slave Sylvanas and Nathanos due to Ash skin and Red eyes

has anyone read the warcraft cookbook? How is it?

There's official Warcraft cookbook?

I want to come inside Alexstrasza.

bad game shit setting terrible fucking characters and awful world

apparently

>Ogres = Shamans
Ogres have Shamans anyway? They always felt more Arcane users, unless I really forgot all the new caster types thorough Azeroth (been a while since I did more than just surface exploring).

Ogre magi were basically shamans.

Not in the lore.

Does anyone else feel that Kosak was never really a Horde fan but a Forsaken fan/Alliance fan?? Under him the story really did switch from Horde vs Alliance to Forsaken vs Alliance.

retconned whenever the next meme quest blizzard makes pops up.
more like metzen still held the reigns so his orcs did nothing but be awesome combined with forsaken fanboyism from Kosak turned Everything from cataclysm into a horde wankfest.

He's canonically set up to marry Liadrin. He's secretly in love with her.

Why is a troll eating together with a gnome? Or is that some kind of a belf?

its a gnome

You need to have your meal well fed before you slaughter it.

source? The first ogre mage that was introduced into the setting, Cho'gall, was a warlock

The first ogre mage that was introduced into the setting was Gorgog and he was a mage

>tfw the cartoony RTS with reduced unit counts compared to Starcraft manages to immerse you in a believable world by just littering a bunch of villages around the maps
wtf mmo, are you even trying

Maybe in the book, but Cho’gall was first introduced in Warcraft

Flying mounts ruined how big the world used to feel

WoW was a mistake

I feel like this wouldn't be an issue if they just lowered the skybox for flying mounts and reduced the speed to what it is now.

And in Chronicles Cho'Gall is described to be Mage, that got trained in Warlock arts by Gul'dan (fitting canon, he was Ogre-Magi that became Gul'dan's apprentice, but still Ogre-Magi from the start), and also had Void magic.

kinda sad that pyrewood in WoW doesn't even have the river arrevas and the bridge.

Random adventurers/mercs/neutral faction members. There used to be a time when Warcraft wasnt about retarded RvB shoehorned into everything.

The problem is also partly because Blizzard wants to keep factions hostile for PVP despite introducing a world-ending threat every other week that the factions have to unite for.

Why'd we raid Molten Core? Did the Dark Irons want to be freed? Or did the Thorium Brotherhood cry about a big threat on the world that wasn't coming any time soon?

Loot.

I'm still ambivalent about the Twilight's Hammer's origin in Chronicle. I mean it's neat they were just a warband of Pale Orcs subjugated by the Shadow Council but it still doesn't feel right knowing where they came from. I wish that info had been lost in the chaos of the Old Horde's destruction.

In Vanilla there was a quest or two in the Burning Steppes (I think. The one south of Blackrock. They may as well be the same fucking zone.) where you see visions of Ragnaros. My assumption was always that since the Horde and Alliance were both already sending heroes in to dispatch Thaurissan due to a combination of "Fuck those guys" and wanting to save Moira Bronzebeard (Horde wanted to return her to Magni for diplomatic reasons), they saw the Twilight's Hammer elementalists in Blackrock Depths and went "Well shit, we should probably deal with this sooner than later if they're involved."

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!" - Lady Liadrin

Duke Hydraxis also let us know that Ragnaros was building an army for conquest.

>I wish even more lore was retconned to avoid having to face up to that the Orcs are the source of half of the evil of the world, while Eredar are the other half.
The whole thing about Orcs is that they used to be terrible and are extremely guilt-ridden over it, the moment they collectively started to forget this they started turning to shit.

On the one hand, I feel bad for forgetting Duke Hydraxis, but on the other I haven't seen him since MC that I can recall, he should really try to keep in touch better.

This. I loved the atoning badass theme Wc3 and parts of vanilla had. Really liked the idea of a badass warrior race NOT wanting to war anymore and just settle down and build a new future for themselves.

But of course, RvB. "put back WAR into WARcraft xD" and other cancer.

Back in vanilla the warhawks used to be separate sub-factions. I really wish they would kept that. Would have made a lot of sense for players to progress through different factions based on their own personal goals. Join the Warsong if you want to be bloodthirsty nigger, join the Cenarion Circle if you want to dance around a campfire with hippies etc. They even had the inklings of such a thing in with the Bloodsail Buccaneers. I really wanted to be an old orcish veteran who have seen some shit fighting together with old paladins aganist demons and share war stories.

He's a shaman champion for their order hall now.

Baron is best champion.

He comes back during the shaman class hall quests

If they're gonna keep pushing Liadrin like this she really needs a new look.

I wish they added more steemwheedle vs bloodsail conflict in later Xpacs.

It doesn't help they gave her literally the worst Paladin set.

Why? Some elves look ordinary on the outside but are special on the inside, and that's just fine.

pushing liadrin to the moon, Lorthemar needs to watch his back or he's losing his spot

I'd suggest putting her in her namesake set, but I've never liked it either.

And really small boobs.

>the Vrykul HATES the horde now due to Stormheim and Odyn himself, they see the horde as honorless monsters who are in cahoots with helya

What are you talking about? I killed Helya for him!

Why do you have to drag his shitty bait into a new thread?

Did the Westfall story ever continue after cata? I fume about that travesty atleast once a week still. Only thing I know about miss no daddy, no pants showing up at the rogue class hall doing something.

>doing something
She doesn't even go as far as doing anything.

Alliance needs a sub race of vyrkul due to them being human ancestors and the henious crimes committed against them by the horde

Gryan Stoutmantle shows up in the Pally order hall, so he's at least alive.

Other than the Defias being defeated and Vanessa faking her death, nothing else really happens.

Have you praised our Queen's glorious visage today?

Of course.

Is it? I agree with the betrayal of Stormheim.

So she shows up and then does nothing? Not even mentioning what the fuck is she up to or what happened in Westfall?

>Other than the Defias being defeated

>beloved zone turned into a fucking CSI meme
>homeless(????) errywhere
>after fighting the Scourge, Old Gods, the Legion and countless other shit a peasant uprising is such an insurmountable challange that the zone must abruptly end
>except you somehow DO get back to DM
>except you dont and they live anyway, well the hot ones that matter anyway, no one gives a shit about Glubtok

Is there even a Defias anymore?

Was she really ultra hot or was it mind magic?

She probably really was really sexy, but it was improved by magic glamour that made it basically mind control.

You'd totally fuck her if she didn't have magic but you wouldn't have that obsessive devotion.

it was magic

>Is there even a Defias anymore?
No, but their cause will live on in the carefully balanced upbringing of prince Varian Hope Wrynn.

Vanessa Van Cleef survives Deadmines v2 by drugging the Alliance bounty hunters sent after her and giving them the runaround before making her escape. She pops up again in Legion as a member of the Uncrowned, the rogue class order. Vanessa doesn't like seeing your face there and demands you "1v1 me fgt". You beat her, and now she's your sidekick/prison bitch while you take her spot at the head of the table with all the rogue bigwigs like Garona, Lord Ravenholdt, and Valeera Sanguinar.

I want Anduin to take Vanessa as a queen. If the lore is fucked already, might as well just go with the ride.

Wrong, Horde player experiences are not canon. Suramar and Highmountain sided with Horde despite the PC's efforts, not because of them.

with Shaw and ravenholdt telling her that the shits she did in westfall till now were a shame to ol edwin's spirit

What, when does Shaw get to interact with her?

>Vanessa getting to be the leader of the likes of Garona, Valeera and Ravenholdt(who got cucked out of leading THE rogue organization anyway)

The power of not wearing pants....

He doesn't. Mathias Shaw never formally joins the Uncrowned due to his obligations as chief of SI:7, the Alliance intelligence apparatus. In fact, a major chunk of the rogue campaign is exposing that Mathias through the first half of Legion was actually an imposter and, in fact, was the dreadlord Detheroc. You expose Detheroc and find the real Mathias.

Not the leader of the Uncrowned, but standing among equals. Garona was the unofficial leader of the Uncrowned before the PC rolls up.

The rogue campaign in general was about gathering intelligence and rooting out double agents working for the Legion.

What was she even doing there? Unlike the other named, Vanessa is nobody. Her dad was something, but her greatest accomplishment was getting what was left of his old gang back together and giving promises she couldn't realistically fulfill anyway to a bunch of hoboes dissatisfied with the Alliance.

So wait. Why are there still Frostwolves in Alterac when they would be the first to follow Thrall to Kalimdor, and Drek'thar even was a questgiver in the Founding of Durotar?

"Leader of the Defias Brotherhood" is a very notable thing to have on your resume as a rogue.

Because she's a semi-popular named character. Most of the class champions are nobodies, she's far from bottom of the barrel.

You dare the power of lacking leg wear after seeing Whitemane's popularity explode too?

That was her daddy. She tried to get them together and it went nowhere.

because "reasons"

As is "surviving a band of Alliance headhunters." Very few characters can say they tangled with PCs and lived.

PvP I guess.

Like half the dumb decisions in WoW's history.

Technically speaking she did what her father never could. She actually managed to sack Sentinel Hill, to the point that the army was at least stated to have been called in, though we never see them make it there.

>So she shows up and then does nothing? Not even mentioning what the fuck is she up to or what happened in Westfall?

Her entire role in the campaign is that she is butthurt you are the rogue chosen one instead of her so she tries to assassinate you. You of course kick her ass and then she begrudgingly starts working for you. No info on Westfall at all.

Also Defias show up as generic mooks you can send on Class Order facebook missions.

>You dare the power of lacking leg wear after seeing Whitemane's popularity explode too?
No-pants tabards/robes are more prevalent than you think.

To be honest, he was going for Stormwind with that juggernaut, not for Sentinel Hill.

Well the juggernaut never left the cove, so that leaves him at square one. Man, this is just reminding me how disappointing Cata-Westfall was. I was looking forward to the ship finally launching as we went toe-to-toe with an Edwin Vancleef reanimated by the Touch of Zanzil, with the proximity to Stormwind acting as an enrage timer.

And he never managed it. When you break everything down, Vanessa is just a more competent Edwin, and despite being a low level dungeon boss, Edwin was actually a pretty significant antagonist on the scale of vanilla where stories were more self-contained and a lot of villains wouldn't even have done so much damage if they'd won.

Jandice deserves return as a member of mostly-Neutral Ebon Blade. So there will be a neutral member of the Barov family too.

Wasn't the Cult of the Damned sacked almost to a man in Wrath?

There are some hints they are still around but it is never expanded upon. They were in WoD for a single quest but it was never explained.

I just really love Vanessa/Hope's dialogue desu. It's like she wants you and everyone you work for dead but because you actually have it coming, not because she's evil or anything.
In a Tarantino film she'd probably actually get to kill somebody before getting axed herself.

>Edwin
>has contacts and agents through the entirety of the kingdom of Stormwind
>has nobles on his payroll
>huge smuggling operations from elywnn to STV
>recruited goblins and gnolls with loadsadosh, literal robot army too
>managed to scrounge up and repair an ogre juggernaut with his bloodsail contacts
>controlled the Stockades from the inside
>even had contacts with the Twilights Hammer, and the Black Dragonflight, took part in getting Varian kidnapped
>drops a sick fucking sword

>Vanessa
>meme zone
>meme questline
>rallies hobos eating literal dirt pies into bumrushing Sentinel Hill
>somehow this is a huge threat
>"gee Vanessa how come mom lets you have two set of explosives?"

The nu-fias never really felt like a threat. The old one was great. Shadowy, creeping, ominous, overarching, deep roots, etc. It even had a great start as freedom fighters.

Kel'thuzad is likely still around. Never found his phylactery the second time.

Forgot about Varian because I like to pretend that stupid fucking comic never happened. Point taken, Edwin is far hotter shit.

>everything is memes because I say so

Vanessa had a very legitimate beef with the Alliance, since their bounty hunters murdered her dad in front of her, despite him being the resident bandit king. They killed him, and he never realized his dream, so she reunited the Defias, led a peasant revolt, sacked Sentinel Hill AND did the impossible by evading the Alliance headhunters sent after her.

You're not getting into the feel of Cata Westfall. The point was to start out with unfunny humor and then make you feel like shit when, big shock, the people you consider dirt, feed literal mud, and actively murder as part of a stupid investigation join up with the rebellion against the government that's neglected them because of an asinine war. It was a deliberate bait and switch, the memes stop almost immediately after Vanessa's first quest. It's exactly why they chose to go with hammy "Hope Saldean" using the word Hope every two seconds to be her alter-ego.
You can argue about the execution, but the real problem is that like 100% of Cataclysm the storyline doesn't connect with the rest of the world.

A zone built about bums and Horatio Laine IS a meme zone. Just like how Redridge got turned into a Rambo reference that never fucking ends.

IIRC it was even mentioned in vanilla before that comic retcon how he was trading goods and intel with all the shady factions in Booty Bay and had dudes in Menethil Harbor reporting to him too.

youtube.com/watch?v=qX7ehxyYRQc

Thread theme

>this is almost 8 years old

and later on Troteman became an important NPC through MoP, while keeshan became neutral and went to draenor to kill iron horde and fel orcs

Vanessa was serious about her ambitions, going so far as to murder a farming couple because they recognized her from her childhood.