How dead is....DEAD?

So I was considering Ynnead, and why exactly he is such a problem for the chaos gods.

Because let's be honest, the Eldar gods haven't been doing much recently. Khaine has been low-key "not-Khorne"ing forever, the Laughing god has been doing fuckall while the harlequins get systematically fucked over non-stop in every single book they appear in. Esha is currently Nurgle's hentai-buddy and does nothing of value either.

So why suddenly does Ynnead pose -any- threat to -any- of the gods?

I was thinking about it, and came up with the following.

All four of the Chaos gods are aspects of life. Life is required for all four of them based on their emotional component, even if all four relish in the impressive END of life, they still require it in order to have power. Similarly, as they are warp entities, they have no concept of death. Certainly they can end mortal life, but ending immortal life is so astonishingly rare (maybe happened once in all the fluff?) that it's really not worth considering as a possibility.

Ynnead is death. The concept made manifest. All of the death that is caused by the other four in their great game concentrated into a single point. Not just death itself but the absence and presence of death. Death, not just as the fear-of-death, but an end of a chain no matter how long. It's emotional component lays in finality, absolution, resolution and closure. Concepts that none of the four chaos gods comprehend, or even can comprehend. Tzeench requires more schemes, Khorne requires more skulls, Nurgle requires more plague and Slaanesh requires more dragon dildos.

Ynnead means there is no more places for plague to spread, no more things to have schemes work upon, no more skulls to take and no more dragon dildos to insert in your six headed penis.

It is an eternal end that can end an immortal chain. In fact, his whole manifestation was based upon the purpose of ending the great enemy forever. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Asurmen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well I still think that Ynnead is just avatar of Slaanesh by personifying desire to be free from Slaanesh, and Eldar are fucked (metaphorically and literally) at the end

>Death as the inevitable cessation of existence, regardless of “longevity” or “immortality”
Seems legit

Nice theory you have there but it is warhammer 40k the "chaoswank" era so it will turn out that he is a part of chaos god or other bullshit so chaos wins in the end.

Haha, orderfags btfo khayosss strong
Thanks for reminding me why I stopped paying meaningful attention to GW’s franchises back in 2013

I am not going to argue this. Ultimately, Gdubs doesn't know how to make an interesting static universe so it's all probably useless.

I was going to rip this apart but it's actually a pretty good thought. The Eldar soulstones are nowhere near enough to create a fifth chaos power. But they MIGHT be enough to be the seed that all the death in the Galaxy can crystalize around, and a way to sap power from the chaos powers who do so much to add to it. So the Eldar take some concept that was warp-friendly and already surpassingly powerful, hijack it via soulstones, and turn it to their purpose.

I can see the potential for the Ynnead to embody both death and deathlessness. So the Eldar live forever as her favored pets and servants.

More likely this will just kill them all first. But that's not so bad. The Eldar get quiet and closure rather than damnation marinading on the end of Slaanesh's penis for eternity. Maybe even existing Eldar get vomited up and finally delivered to sweet oblivion.

Or... maybe this backfires catastrophically and the Eldar become either empty Warp phantoms (if already dead), or animated undead psi-bots (soulstoned wraithguard operators), or even undead but corporeal space vampires.

I could envision a really fucking cool alternate future based on this.

at what cost do the eldar defeat Slaanesh? At the cost of their entire race to become undying (not undead) monsters whom used to be the greatest civilization in the galaxy.

Hm. Sounds familiar.

Then necrons kick them down for being damn plagiators

We had that story with the Necrons, I know, but worst case scenarios seem to be de rigeur for 40k.

Necrons have bodies and need souls. Eldar have souls and need bodies. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

ARE YOU TELLING ME GW HAS CREATIVITY ISSUES?!

so... you used Nagash as the basis of this. This is literally Nagash in Age of Sigmar, especially in the new fiction

#totallynotslaaneshwedoublepromise
#worshipmeandwecandefeatslaaneshguyznoseriouslyimnotslaanesh

only thing i can think of when i see Ynnead stuff

This guy gets it

Khaine is an Eldar version of a Khorne that, in his bloodlust, still retains the drive for perfection and a sense of aesthetics, so too is Ynnead a kind of fusion between Slaanesh and Nurgle (a lotta 7's in their rules, no mere coincidence), but without the physical foulness and rot (and perhaps the somewhat jovial nature as well) that accompanies servants of Nurgle. No Eldar god is without obsession in some form, but in their obsession they still retain a control over themselves. Khorne is bloodletting and violence at any cost - Khaine knows when to stay his hand. Nurgle is despair and a desire to escape death at any cost - Ynnead is the elegant, whisper-silent alternative.

Ynnead is death - a graceful, redeeming, meaningful death. Ynnead is the end, but also the salvation. Ynnead is death's silence, but a serene, peaceful silence. Ultimately, Ynnead is strength to the Ynnari and all the Eldar flocking to their banner not because of the offer of immortality, but as a kind of the ultimate, final sacrifice that will bring about redemption to their entire race.

What else can the gods of Chaos do against the Whispering God that is perfectly content with the entire race of Eldar simply marching onward with a silent determination to at long last reach salvation in a ghastly, serene life without life? What can you do when there's no more despair, no more boiling hatred, no more tangled schemes to survive or most of all, no more obsession with the knife's edge thrill of it all?

This too. Even when the birth of Ynnead was a mere stuff of the legends, many of the Eldar already knew that there's no bright future ahead o them and the best outcome possible would be them silently slumbering as a sea of wraith constructs guarding the souls of their kin. Now they see that the future they envisioned might actually be a few shades brighter than that, and that gives them the kind of obsessive resolve and conviction that only their immortal souls can achieve.

That would all make some sense if Ynnead represented all death in the universe, but he/she/it doesn't. It's only the eldar god of death, and technically it's not even a god yet, it "might be" a Eldar god of death. It has nothing to do with the death of other species in the universe and their affects on the warp. Ynnead does not represent death in general, only Eldar death.

And well, it's all been shit writing form GW anyways, so I wouldn't throw much stock in it. They put all that work into designing a decent looking Ynnead avatar that's pseudo linked to slannesh, but couldn't even be arsed to write a decent story about it, IMO.

Don't mention Chaos too much, lads, lest He ends up sneaking in the thread

Also I like the idea of Ynnead being an aspect of death and order. The Anathema really needs to have a team out there in the warp.

Isn’t Ynnead there just to defeat Slaanesh & save the Eldar from being fucktoys?

>implying Ynnead isn't just the Mork to Slaanesh's Gork

Considering Slaanesh is dead...

Y'know the original Eldar pantheon (Asuryan, Kurnous, vaul,) aren't really "dead". Right?

They are all severely weakened, no doubt about that, but you really can't "kill" a god/warp entity.

>but wheere is the sauce user?! WHERE IS THE SOS?!

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Asurmen
Also read the "Asurmen" book, it really helps what exactly went down with the fall of the Eldar.

Asurmen is able to avoid deamons by hiding in a old Eldar temple. The Deamons are not able to enter because of the ligering presence of the Eldar pantheon. This is proof enough that they aren't really "gone".

HOWEVER there are two things to consider.

1. Eldar gods, like all chaos gods, run on belief. After the fall, most Eldar went full fedora because the worst case scenario had happened to them. this would greatly decrease thier power. Even to the point of them losing conciousness and awareness. (Remember that a CG needs to be "awakened" by whatever it is fueled by in order to start doing stuff)

2. The Eldar are nowhere NEAR the numbers they one had for obvious reasons. Even if The Eldar stopped being edgy shitlords and all started to believe in asuryan again. they could probably get him to the consciousness level of a 5-year old autist.

The Aledari gods were consumed by Slaanesh. Asuryan before being consumed was able to impart some gifts to his followers. They are not proof that he is alive. He is long gone.

There is talk about Asuryan rising again once Slaanesh is defeated but that's just talk for now.

Is that new lore or old lore?

cool theory, too interesting to be real.

gw won't do it

Oh, silly Eldar...
Death is but a door.