Anything fun/broken in this thing to try?

Anything fun/broken in this thing to try?

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?542159-Hexblade-Coffeelock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How about you play the game with friends because it's fun rather than wanking over how powerful your character build is?

uh oh, someone's butthurt about not grasping basic maths! Go back to FATE or AW and let the real people talk.

Ok, please go find some real people so we can talk.
Besides, if you wanted actual answers, you would've asked in /5eg/.

I had fun with life experiences

If you're a JoJo fan the Ancestral Guardian path for Barbarians gives you a Stand.

Go back to Pathfinder or 3.5e if you want to powergame.

Hexblades are fun. They let you do bladelock how it should have worked to begin with. It can be broken if cheesing with other Cha based classes, but Warlock does that normally

Being a glamour bard is pretty fun for doing especially if you're a yuan ti.

College of swords bard with a bow, all flourishes are compatible.

>Implying you can't have friends who also enjoy talking about builds
You sad child. Must be hard writing novels when most people would rather play the game.

The Aspect of the Moon invocation allows for the broken coffeelock build, and the divine soul sorcerer makes it even better

We do both. Broken shit can add to character, you can create cool characters around broken shit, why do you hate other peoples fun?

Warlocks are broken as fuck with this. Hexblades are the ultimate at literally everything they apply themselves to, better than entire other classes, and this is the book that allows coffeelocks to literally break the game's flow and assumed adventuring day.

The level 2 healing spell that summons a healing spirit as a bonus action and heals your party for a billion d6 worth of hp.

You're still required to have a long rest to avoid exhaustion, according to Crawford.

What D< would actually allow this?

Unironically agree

>D

A lazy one that didn't read through the books and make appropriate haouse rules.

>lazy
I don't read through all the books 100% and if one of my players tried to do something like this its a pretty simple fix

Player: "I do this really broken thing and ruin the game hehe im so clever because I am exploiting the RAW"
DM: "No you don't. Lets talk after the game and figure out something else instead"

done
if they do it again they suffer an aneurysm and die
pretty easy

This. I once ran a hexblade/oathbreaker paladin. It was broken as hell.

Isn't this just the free Unearthed Arcana stuff, but reposted and not free?

There's more to it. The UA is rebalanced, there is more fluff, and 22 bullshit pages of names.

My DM is hard as fuck, you need to optimize if you want your character to survive

>22 pages of names
ye gods

I doubt it's _all_ gods.

my splat is ruined!

Divine Soul gives cleric spells. The restoration spells can remove exhaustion.

Which since the coffeelock has, essentially, infinite spells, means that the 'drawback' of avoiding a long rest doesn't actually apply to them.

>"rebalanced"

True. If you want to play a bladelock, it's finally viable, albeit limited to Hexblade.

>stop having fun and play the game i have designated
cunts like you are more toxic than minmaxers

>Toxic
Go back to Reddumblr

What's a coffeelock?

And is Fighter (1) Warlock Hexblade (5) decently doable?

It's actually more viable to take Fighter with really high CHA and 13 DEX, then take 1 level of Hexblade (if you want invocations, take another at level 6) and then just go full fighter. You're only marginally set back and you get to attack with CHA, fight in full plate and can even blast shit at a distance.

Powergaming 5e is one of the most retarded things a person can be proud of. If you want to powergame an RPG, there are plenty that are built for it, but 5e has so much of a "go with the flow" ruleset, that you're basically jerking yourself off over your ability to describe a super cool anime bullshit mary sue, and your DMs inability to reign it in because your an insufferable "That Guy" and they're a spineless wiener. For the record, I have nothing against powergaming, 5e D&D is just not a system where you can do it and be proud.
Coffeelock is a dumb powerbuild that only works if you have an idiot DM that doesn't understand the rules. The whole build relies on making half a dozen concessions with the DM.

You have a shit DM and should stop playing with him

Is healing spirit really broken or is just op compared to healing word/cure wounds?

You can get +166 AC using the Ceremony spell.

minmaxers the absolute cancer that ruins role playing and makes it roll playing
what the fuck kinda of logic is this?
>the chemo is more toxic than the cancer

Your salt makes me penis hard, you fucking scrublord. I play to win.

>trying to win a game where there's a player with unlimited power
Ok?

You're the kind of player that bribes the DM to get rerolls, aren't you?

There's no "salt". You're just retarded. Powergaming 5e is just above 14-year olds that write shitty fanfics about their half-demon half-angel edge-lord OCs. There's no salt because I don't play with fags like you, I've already asked two of them to leave my group because I live in a great area where I don't have to play with idiots that use every game to live out their childlike power fantasy.

You're paying 100gp per day instead of resting and can only pull this off at 11th level+

Well it certainly wasn't fixed

>winning at an rpg
pls go back to /v/

How do you win against me giving every single one of those characters a coronary? That's what'll happen as soon as you try broken shit at my table, just like said. Like, any one who's every had a "problem" woth a munchkin or powergamer at their table actually just has a problem with being a little bitch.

>rolling 20s means winning, right guys?

All of the new background options are fun except the names.

You sound like the type of GM who fudges rolls so nobody actually dies and to keep your players on the railroad.
>I've already asked two of them to leave my group because I live in a great area where I don't have to play with idiots that use every game to live out their childlike power fantasy.
Let me guess, they used basic math and you got butthurt because all you have is a GED?

>trying this hard

Enjoy your Monty Haul bullshit.

What the fuck is a "Coffee-lock" and why does it make everyone immediately spaz out? Can I learn this baiting power?

I'm not writing a fantasy novel faggatron.

Oh no, he said a swear!

If you want fighting on a warlock/Hexblade, then go Paladin. Paladin smites stack with Eldritch smites, so if you really want shit dead, you can double tap smites & dump dice.
Hex 7 Pal 13 is the best if I remember right. Might be a few off. You could even through in a few levels of Bard & Sorcerer. Cha is the new God stat

Figure it out yourself you lazy fag

>Can I learn this baiting power?
Not from Veeky Forums
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?542159-Hexblade-Coffeelock

>Not even bait
>Still replied
Morons like you are why he never leaves!

Woah. How?

I abhor power gaming but:

>Favored Soul Sorcerer shouldn't exist. Cleric spells + metamagic are just stupid.
>Gloomstalker scales incredibly in early game, 2 attacks at 3rd level is pretty good. I'm more of a Planar type guy but there's fun to be had with a 4/3 Gloomstalker Assassin build with Sharpshooter.
>As every user prior has mentioned, Warlocks are good. To the point where my players are all basically planning on taking warlock levels regardless of alignment.
>Personally, I want to have fun with a Samurai-Rogue combo. I personally think its pretty broken, but due to the fact that a lot of the new archetypes get ways to set up sneak attack added to their kit- Samurai being able to get advantage for funsies isn't too ridiculous. Ancestral Guardian has fluff potential up the wazoo that I love, and Zealot is fun if only for screaming "WITNESS ME" as you get ready to kamikaze.

Not at all really. Half of the book is expanded dm tools and compiling the new spells since players was released. Also the new archetypes are nerfed compared to the ue versions

Divine Soul isn't really that overpowered. You have the same number of spells per day, spells known, and sorcerery points as any other sorcerer.
Having access to cleric spells doesn't make them a cleric and while they can fill in as healer they can't be a dedicated healer AND a dedicated blaster at the same time, not enough spell slots for that.

Critfish by putting Champion 3 in there too.

I had a lot of fun with a Barbarian/Rogue, using Reckless Attack to proc Sneak Attack

>having friends interested in DnD

Try the table of contents, I hear that's not broken.