Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Slut order edition

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Vostroyan Vehicle Armour. (embed) [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Living-Saint-Detachment-2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Step aside, girls. New boss is in town.

white hair sisters = best sisters

>Lelith Hesperax es a custodes all along
I could see that happening

Are you sure that isn't an Eldar?

Alot of Gene-seed is going to be spilled in this thread

aren't the custodes built like the space marines organs and all?

An excellent start to the thread.

Considering its a plume and not her own hair, yes

anyone here who has cannoness Veridyan?

If I was a loyal guardsman, could I date a SoB?

What if I was genuine and wanted to be a good partner and I wanted to make her happy.

What if venerating the emperor was something we did together?

What if our relationship was celebrating the joys that the Emperor gave us, and my admiration for her as we are made in the Empoeror's image?

yeah
the flash is awful

How do you know it's a plume when the helm is on?

As far as I can tell, this is totally OK.

As long as she isn't from a celibate order or if you're from an exclusively gay, male regiment.

you'd probably only get to meet hospitallers if you're lucky but never an actual SoB

you really think a guardsman has time for that?

in one of the Ciaphas Cain books it's pointed out that SoBs don't have to take any vows of celibacy... they just tend to be too busy/terrifying to have long-term relationships.

More of an option for Sisters that aren't off crusading, like the the more senior ones that end up teaching at the Scholar Progenium.

because its the helmet that the plume is attached to..?

What if the helmet is just a really big face-covering bobble for her hair

An Eldar wanting to impersonate a custodian could easily pretend her hair is a helmet's plume.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/The-Living-Saint-Detachment-2018

At first "Holy shit they care about Sisters"
But then "Holy shit this means no plastic sisters anytime soon"

So... stern SoB school mistress teach little boys to behave?

Reminder that some orders of Sisters train to be housewives

On one hand they might be running their moulds to the ground in a last huzzah to get every drop out of them before moving on
On the other, it could be just them selling a pointless bundle and then making plastic girls would piss off anyone dumb enough to buy this bundle

> here save yourself a few clicks.
> what no, you can't have money off, we did you a favour by saving you some clicks.

Poor sister players

No. The SoB trainers only train Sisters of Battle. In the Cain novel, the senior sister was having a relationship with a member of the administrative staff.

The optimist in me wants to believe this is them trying to clear out old stock.

The various branches of the imperium do not really interact with one another for extended periods of time, and generally view each other with open suspicion. The sisters in particular spend most of their time killing other imperials.

40k is a nightmare dystopian future, not a japanese dating simulator.

Now I imagine lelith not even being that good to hide ala chicken boo, with archons going wait a minute that's not a Wych that's a Mon'keigh warrior!! And everyone laughing at them

This please. This Please.

But what if they are gauging interest so anyone who likes sisters buys this and then gets pissed if they release plastic

Its a future I want to believe in

But imagine if it was :D

They probably deserve it for being dumb enough to purchase the bundle
Tbh it should only be gotten by people who decide to martyr their wallets for the cause

Well, shit. OK, I lost my interest.

Well I'm glad that's settled

GW do pointless bundles like that all the fucking time and did that one for Celestien, it's literally nothing it doesn't mean we'll be metal for even and doesn't mean we'll be plastic one day

This.

People often say about things like starwars or Startrek "I'd love to live in that universe." Never ever ever think to yourself "I'd love to live in 40K" It's just. Not. Worth it.

How do you know? Does your dad work at GW?

Sisters are getting squatted or a whole new Army Dark Eldar style

Where is that mention

>Yfw GW now posts here to remind us that we're her to suffer

No but they do pointless bundles like that all the fucking time with every release
It means nothing but "oh something kinda relevent to X came out so here is a thing if you want to have an army"

What if the new army is Chaos Squats?

So apparently Star Trek STD is cramping on the Emps style

If you could add a brand new subfaction for your army of choice, what would it be? Something mentioned some time in lore or invented wholesale, whatever floats ya boat.

>If I was a loyal guardsman, could I date a SoB?
Then you should just date another loyal guardsman and not being a branch traitor.

>chaos squats
that's vanilla chaos since they're still manlets isntead of the imperial chad-primaris

No source on me, BUT, I distinctly remember some Sororitas being specifically trained to basically act as maids for noble houses. This is often to ensure loyalty, piety aswell as to train and educate the next generation of nobles.
If you're really interested, try ArchWarhammers Adeptus Sororitas vids, you'll likely find it there.
It could happen....

In every single codex since 2nd ed, they train to make sure the bloodlines of nobles amongst tthe Imperium dont rot and act as political advisors amongst Imperial ruling classes, they are called Order Famulous.

This guy's more accurate than I was

Going to be in an Escalation League and will be playing Marines. So far all I have for the initial 500 points is a tactical squad and an Assault Squad with Jump Packs. Any ideas on what else to look at? I recall seeing somewhere Chaplains being a good HQ for low points.

Would it be heretical for a Sister to wield a shield?
I want to make an Order split from the Argent Shroud based on paladins and justice for the weak, flavouring invuln saves like the Rosarius and Armour of Saint Katherine as physical shields.

>In every single codex since 2nd ed
I'm not a sisters player but I'm genuinely surprised to hear there's been a codex since 2nd ed

>Implying any of you manlets could compete with the Chadsaders for SoB waifus

Those are the Famulous, they're more like Bene Gesserit. Honored advisors rather than maids.

>Not joining the =][=
>Not rising in the =][= until you become the inquisitor apprentice
>Not becoming the most pious servant of the Emperor and earn the right to marry one of the sisters of the ordo waifu
Your lack of conviction is what keeps you down there

Give this man an imperial sector!

fuck you guys

the land raider is cute

>hospitallers
>not sisters of battle

Get out, heretic.

The Sisters have a really string self-harm theme so a shield could be stretch

>usual big box but GOLD
nah, wait for FW

put your dick in it

>Laughs in Inquisitor

>archwarhammer
Not giving that pretentious contrarian cuck any views or money thank you very much

Sisters have been a thing, at least in concept, since Rogue Trader and their first codex is in 2nd edition.

>tfw I play DE for the models
This would make me NUT if Sisters got models as good as DE.

>I'm genuinely surprised to hear there's been a codex since 2nd ed
And their miniatures range is still stuck back in 3rd

>custodes armies at 2k will be bringing 20 models tops

lol, it's gonna be weird to see this shit vs horde armies

Having it here in front of me makes me like it a lot more than what it makes me feel when I see pictures of it on boxes or online
It's nice, cute and boxy

They can easily have more than 20 at 2k, if you don't stock up on land raiders and wardens since thats what the WHTV guy brought

I would go broke if they actually updated sisters.

>Tfw when they update and everyone and their mother plays sisters for the next 6 months

I'm not sure you understand. Being an inquisitor is not an enjoyable or enviable position.

>has no 5+ invuln

i duno user, the lazer cannons looks sweet and the fact that it can transport my guardians around is nice. Guess we will have to see...

I have one

I'd add more squigs, to fill out/provide variety for different battlefield roles

>HQ: warboss on mecha-squig
>Troop/elite: squigs in units of boyz/nobz. Rules-wise they work like Tau shield drones with a saviour protocols rule, a FNP roll and becoming a separate unit when the game starts
>Fast attack: ork squig riders
>Heavy support: giant squig with a big belly that lumbers its way up the field and vomits out d6 squigs per turn when it gets within 12" of enemy units. Regenerates wounds per turn like Daemon engines because it's so big and fat
>Lord of war: new plastic gargantuan squiggoth

So, yeah.... Squigs

I still would love to be a ork mek.

It seems fairly comfy, stories always have parts where they hang out in their comfy studies sipping on SPESS red wine, reading a nice book by candlelight while the hive dwellers below go about their miserable day

How the fuck do I get paint off a model?

Yeah, my friend who started with them as his first army is going to get turbo triggered by the other friend in our group and people hopping on the Sisters bandwagon. I'm not going to lie. I'd pick up a few Retributor Squads to give my GK some anti-armor.

Simple green or denatured alcohol

You're basically condemned to a lifetime of solving trolley problems until someone kills you horribly for it.

>Laughs in communism
>Cries due to being in 40K and no SoB waifu

We didn't said it wasn't cute, we just said it's fucking useless

I worded it poorly...

"Genuinely surprised to hear they've had a codex *released* since 2nd ed"

"Horde" Custards will be like 35 models

HQ
2x Shield Captain

Troop
6x Guard 5 man

Elite
Wardens 3 man

~2k points
Of course, you could swap out Wardens for 2 Vexila with the -1 to make it a stupidly durable "Horde"

Gorro type orks
>powerful plasma weaponry
>Orks bigger than dreadnoughts

Shit wrong ping. Fuck you, Arch is amazing though.

>powerful plasma weaponry
so you want nazdreg to get a model then

Any chance of the Sons of the Hydra novel?

Got a new thing for my sisters wishlist.
Spike booby armor.

If I had to live in 40kstan I'd love to be an inquisitor, comfy investigative work and just chilling out
Sometimes knocking heretics over the head with power mauls while they helplessly pew pew their autoguns at you

They also assist Titan princieps that have been immersed in a tank.

I started with Black Templars in 2005 but bought a couple sisters kits, never really got the opportunity to play them until recently. Celestine has quickly become one of my favorite newer GW minis/units. I really hope that the new Cannoness and the Seraphim guards Celestine has are indicative of how the new sculpts will look.

Nah, the Mechanicus ALSO have a guy called famulus, those are something different though

Is the SoB base comparable enough in size that I could use them as lady Sigmarines in AoS?

Oh definitley. I've always thought that being a Lord Commissar or Inquisitor would be a blast. At least up until right before you die.

Arch is the worst 40k youtube content creator to ever have existed, his info is often full of shit and he is a pretentious contrarian retard who somehow he needs to interject his stupid horseshit into a video about 40k
Basically the kind of retard who watched as others played 40k for X amount of years, then just read 1d4chan and act as if he knows shit- and then goes to tell others "durr i played fowty kay for X amount of years, me old fag me know how ting is"

Truly only Matt Ward knew how to write good elite armies codex

Is the Icewind Assault Batallion legal? I can't find points for it or any reference to it in the warscroll builder.

Wrong thread, friend.