/wfg/ - Warhammer Fantasy General

Drew-Chee-Eye

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpTDAow4XU8
i.imgur.com/1NdZDVK.jpg
i.imgur.com/DdN8lhM.jpg
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-ghoul-regiment-20-figures.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous thread:

How can elvish "men" even compete???

How tiny "champion" compete?

There's nothing wrong with being fluffy - I'm proud that you could work that sort of theme in with your dukedom choice at all. My favorite wavers between L'Anguille and Gisoreux, and there's nothing crunch-wise to really separate them from a lot of dukedoms. With the hobby as it is, there isn't quite that much call to be competitive, and it's not as if your list is utterly broken.

Are Questing Knights allowed to wear their own personal heraldries when on the quest? Or is it just a matter of changing the symbol of their shield to a fleur-de-lis, keeping their colors as is?

There is no stipulation saying that they must change their heraldry, the fluer-de-lis just happens to be a symbol heavily associated with the Quest. They just can't use lances.

Why does that peasnt have another peasant on a chain leash

Or is that a ghoul the peasant has rustled for personal protection

It's funny because Sigvald got his butt kicked when he tried to invade Ulthuan.

YE BUT YOU KNOW HE GOT ALL THAT ELF PUSS PUSS WHILE HE WAS THERE

NO ELF COULD RESIST THIS BHC

It could be some weird form of punishment. You can see that he has a huge chain around his neck.

I remember a picture of some Estalians in Lustria having some sort of person chained up on a leash. Maybe it's a similar sort of thing.

More likely, judging from what I can tell from the picture, the guy with all his limbs is just a dumb meathead to carry the lame peasant on his back around. The other peasant probably tugs the meathead forward to carry his lame friend - see how it's two leashes to both of his hands? That way both meathead's arms will get tugged so there's less chance he'll awkwardly get pulled sideways.

This idea is kinda supported by some Bretonnian concept art. I guess peasants are so common, and actual beasts of burden like horses are so valued, that it's just easier to have a peasant act as your horse (there's a picture with a blacksmith where that's seriously done, and you've probably seen it with the Grail Reliquae models) or footstool. This is also funny because it blurs the line between animal and man, since you also see dogs and pigs on leashes as well.

Here's another kind of funny example.

>>that huge peasant

>Tell me again about the Lady, George.

>The Lady is a very pretty maiden that the knights fight for, but if you're very good she'll give you a turnip on your birthday.

>YE BUT YOU KNOW HE GOT ALL THAT ELF BOIPUSS WHILE HE WAS THERE

ftfy

High Elves are manly AF, though.

Chained man is obviously the town retard

>manly AF
Naw. They're like that one buff gay dude you know, who's still a mincing fairy.

You take that back.

>Warcraft elves
puke.png

Does anyone know where this is from? I saved it from a WHFB General thread a while back but I don't know the source, or if Vermintide had tie-in comics.

It's by, a20t43c on Deviant Art.

Do hills and rivers stop bouncing cannonballs? Or does it have to be impassable?

Hills would as it's very unlikely a cannon ball would bounce up depending on how steep it is. Rivers should but you could at least make the argument that the ball could 'skip' like a stone. My old group would have ground the game to a halt to argue for twenty minutes if that's the case or not, as the rulebook doesn't touch on that issue.

The rule of thumb for such issues in my old group was that if the cannonball hit a vertical surface it would stop

It bothers me how they made Throgg speak crudely in TWW when he was capable of speaking more properly and "cleverly" in the fluff.

>"It is the hubris of men to see their own destiny in all things. Von Carstein. The Everchosen. Dead men. Exalted men. In their skin they are all still men. This... will be the Age of the Beast."

TWW has an issue, at least as far as I'm concerned, with voice acting. Sure it can be great and some of the lines are pure bantz but it kinda defaults to a deep, gravely voiced thick-skulled monster for a lot of characters.

I don't know i always thought Grimgor's lines are full of hidden wisdom

I just mean that it's overused. I get that a lot of creatures and characters could have a deep voice, but it doesn't need to be the most used kind of pitch. Like Christ it's like a new hero or lord comes out and the sound guy has to make the voice deeper and deeper.

Plus Grimgor is kinda perfect for being a diamond in the rough. Sure he likes to fight but he found a heterosexual life partner in Borgut Facebeater and it always made me think of this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=WpTDAow4XU8

at least tomb kings avoids that, I was worried

Does anyone have better scans or digital releases of the maps from Tamurkhan's book? The ones in the pastebin pdf are blurry and hard to read.

Warcraft elves don't even look like this. It's pure stupidity and I wish elf-haters would find something actual in-universe to latch onto.

The same goes for the fanfiction that Sigvald-fag was writing in this thread.

>YE BUT YOU KNOW HE GOT ALL THAT ELF PUSS PUSS
Source?
>BHC
Elves are taller than humans.

They still have stupidly long ears.

Ears I wanna bite the fuck out of.

They're all shit

I know folks aren't big on WFRP 3ed, but did it provide any neat new fluff at least?

Then you wouldn't need this fanfic pic to complain about them.

Doesn't matter, it wouldn't be canon anyway.

Enjoy the taste of my cum.

Because ima nut on all those elf ears.

>tfw 6th, 7th and 8th ed are gone forever.

Who said I posted it? I just hate aelves with a burning passion

>tfw everything is fucking gone forever
Thank you GW!

I wish I would've kept better track of my old books. I don't know where they are and they are all now about 200€ on amazon and ebay.

>you
>(indefinite personal pronoun) Anyone, one; an unspecified individual or group of individuals (as subject or object).

>8th
>gone forever

Good riddance

>implying you actually adressed a group of individuals

Best place to get some decent flat edge bases? I need some 40x40, 60x100, and 70x100. I usually go to hoard o bits but lately have been out of stock on everything.

But 9th age is thriving. Try it

9th age is shit. They've added and removed models willy nilly and have no balance. If I wanted that I would play GW.

>9th age
lmao

If you were to add Steadfast (negated on flank and rear charges) and using the gunners BS for artillery to 6th Edition.

What else would be useful to fine-tune the rules so its better but not 8th edition.

Monstrous Cavalry

Explain

>tfw you'll never get your hands on cheap carnifex torsos ever again

Literally ruined my hopes of building a beholder/ hydra dark elf list.

Not a fan, two friends got into it and they've become insufferable.

I can use all of my models for my Bretonnian, Empire and Ogre army. It also adds shit like we all wanted, balanced Tyrants, foot knights for Bretonnia and pistol wielding free company.

Good thing you're part of one of the loved armies. Chaos got fucked, and there's all sorts of stupid new shit (dwarfcast Eternals)

>Not a fan, two friends got into it and they've become insufferable.
I think it's mainly two reasons I'm so fucking sold on this thing. First of all I got pissed as fuck when Warhammer died and 9th age scratched that itch that KoW didn't.
Also it's fun to have a game with regular updates and a focus on balancing. I finally have a reason to bring ogres and bretonnians, they were kinda fucked before.

Why did GW kill off the elves in their new game?

i hate them for it

Thx fellow, screw optimization.

I just wish I could field foot knights like the 9th age ones to play a proper Montfort knights army.

They couldn't copyright it, so they killed it in order to squeeze as much cash out of the consumer as possible by giving them retarded names.

I use back2basix

Lack of interest mostly. At least we still have all the cool new elites.

Killing them off would be a mercy at this point. What a fucking mess their entire range is.

>Why did GW kill off the elves in their new game?

They didn't.

Is it just me or the tension between Saltzypre and Sienna got less murdery over time?
Are there any crazy bastards out there who ship them?

>6 new spearmen
Only 16 to go. How big are your unit fillers? How large part of a unit should be real models?
70%? 90%? I have an idea of a small unit filler taking up the space of 4 spearmen in a unit of 50. Are two such unit fillers too much?

I've seen some HUGE unit fillers representing 15 models. Something like that would be fine.

You'd think it'd come naturally, but even the strong implications between Kerillian and Markus to me just aren't things I want to follow through with. Warhammer is not a world of shipping, at least not usually, and they never seem to have that strong a relationship.

Yeah you are right. It would be pretty outrageous in canon. But I can imagine some peeps on the internet doing it.
I mean love blooms was popular too.

Oh hey, if people wanted to do something like Love Blooms, they have my support. But that was more fan work than really being based in the canon, but honestly that was part of the fun - I miss that style of humor where you were enjoying characters instead of laughing at the setting.

I think 4 filler per 20 units is a good compromise

i.imgur.com/1NdZDVK.jpg
i.imgur.com/DdN8lhM.jpg
I made this one and another 4x4 unit filler for a unit of 50 zombies.
works well

>even the strong implications between Kerillian and Markus
There are none. Markus gets along anyone.

>changing 6th ed
You mean spoiling the best edition of wfb with shit? Why would you do that

Want to make a Cythral themed WElves army. Can I give my wild riders Cythral heraldry or would that not make any sense lore-wise?

You could always homebrew if it if you have a game group open to that. It'd probably be as easy as tweaking the Great Sword rules.

Anyone recasting their OOP minis?
I have a bunch of on-sprue TK, and I’ve been seeing some of the guys who were major TK painters just making blue stuff copies of everything they own for new armies.

Do any of the Chinese recasters sell them? Is there a market for trading recasts? Or do you just recast what you have?

I’d post an image, but images aren’t working and sauce is a blog. Just google “Avernus In Miniature Tomb Guard”.

I'd pay good cash for your shit

Give them Anat Raema heraldy:she is a goddess of the hunt and even Orion himself has been seduced by her a couple of times...

Getting into lore again after a long time.

Are Tomb Kings of Khemri slightly fucked by their lore when it comes to becoming a great threat? It seems to me that their extremely bound to their terrain, the nehekharan desert.

So far it seems like all you have to do to avoid them is not to be beyond stupid greedy for gold and just avoid their super-deadly desolated deserts, where all they seem to do is fighting their petty territorial disputes of old between each other.

I feel like they could need some lorepiece that would make them seem somewhat more of an expanding threat that is actually coming for you. Like Settra binding the sands to his will with the deserts actually expanding gradually, and new pockets of desert popping up around the world where ancient unholy tombs have reawakened. Perhaps with not-stargates linking some tombs or whatever.

Nehekhara seems like the Khemri fun park that you have to get out of your way to visit if you want to meet some actual tomb Kings.

There was that one time Settra sailed all the way to Norsca to beat the shit out of some Norsemen and take back his crown.

Tomb Kings rez in the desert if killed, but they can leave it anytime they want.

The mountains to the Old World are largely impassible, but there are hidden paths that the Vampires used to flee, and the Tomb Kings did trade with the east back when they were alive so there are ways through which would probably then take them through the Mountains Of Mourn. There is also a large coastline, some of which they already control and there is the option of paying or conquering Arabyans too.

There’s just little motivation. One of the actual draws of the Tomb Kings was that they don’t give a shit about your plots, you have to be involved in theirs. They are the main protagonists or antagonists of any story involving them regardless of who the other faction is. They’ll never have to care about some Chaos shitter invading the Empire or a war between Dark and High Elves.
This is partially based on real life Egypt, which generally has always been self- involved. Even today, Middle Eastern Arabs and Muslims don’t consider Egyptians Arabs or true Muslims. They’re a similar Other. Ancient Egypt did expand a great deal, but only by land and into areas that, thanks to their success, we today just consider “Egypt” making it seem like they never expanded. The group Egyptians fought the most, the Greeks, have no Warhammer analogue. The closest we have is the Border Princes and Tileans, neither of which resemble them much. The other main involvement that Nehekhara would have with the Old World according to their analogue is allowing Bretonnians to pass through to get to Araby and the Southlands, or being invaded by Brets and Albion then Empire and finally Naggaroth.

That said, every TK has their own goals. You want a TK in the Old World, you do it. Literally nothing is stopping you, its just when he dies he’ll have to make the trip again.

Not really? settra making giant bone fleets to go be an asshole elsewhere in the world is old fluff.

>be norseman
>life is short but pretty chill, keep to myself and take care of my animals, sometimes raid the south, don't care much about the Chaos gods
>one day see strange ships off the coast
>what could this be
>they land
>literally hundreds of chariots burst out
>last thing I hear before my brains are crushed out by a wheel
>FUCKING FLESHIES REEEEEEEEE

I remember being surprised to find out that was a thing in Bretonnia's lore in 5th edition - Settra actually sent a fleet to invade and Gilles and co fought them off.

There's also newer where the Tomb Kings send a conquering army across the Badlands and into the Mountains of Mourn (thanks Crimson King of Numas), or an angry skeleton architect using a huge skeleton bridge to attack an Empire town because they ruined his city one time. The Tomb Kings can be angry, petty fucks when they want to be, and even GW isn't dumb enough to make a faction in a wargame unlikely to fight other factions.

Neat. How does it look inside the unit?

Why I can't posting?

Does anyone have a picture of the mark of chaos where the center is a circle and the "spikes" that are just triangles that come out of the center like flower petals?

>picture
kek

How exactly does Multiple Wounds in 6th and 8th work? Do the wounds still carry over to the next model or does it apply all wounds to only one model?

All the wounds to only one model.

It doesn't carry over to other models. It's just the targeted model that takes the wounds.

good but the 42 zombies don't have their bases done yet sadly.

hiroshimoot forgot to pay his bills, the sleezy fuck.
its fixed now.

what base size are crypt ghouls boys? 20mm or 25mm?

20mm

thanks user. trying to find some third party ones

You can find cheap chinese ones on ebay for like 5 buckaroos per 50 bases if I remember correctly.

If you're after cheap ghoul minis that look more living than GW's undead wannabes I'd recommend Mantic's.
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-ghoul-regiment-20-figures.html

fuck yes, I've got a heap of their zombies, had no idea they did ghouls. thanks a heap user!