Not stupid you-know-who-shit edition.

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:

Tell us about the last time your partymembers argued.

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/wolfgang-baur-and-meagan-maricle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Genasi are kind of shit, how would you fix them?

When are wizards get a necromancer archetype and when are druids getting an animal companion archetype.

By not playing them user-kun

Pet classes suck, why the fuck would you ever want to play one? Just use disposable summons instead.

Beast companions should not be permanent and call upon when needed.

Bonuses need to be a bit more varied and need to be more flavorful than fairly useless spells. Further, each flavor of them needs a racial feat and potentially a para-elemental element feat that is shared between 2 types. As it is they are fairly flavorless and mechanically uninteresting. The changes don't need to make them "better" but they do need to make them different.

>burning furnace like body
>obsidian skin
>crystal something for the earth guy?
>mist/fog/better water/acid abilities
>maybe some thing cool with jump or weight manipulation for air

There are a lot of possibilities.

>Necromancy Wizard

Fluffwise, I would make them more like elementals instead of just "human dipped in red/white/gray/green paint. Also I would make water genasi FUCKING BLUE but that's just me.
Mechanically, I'd definitely have to change up how the resistances worked, because as it stands Fire Genasi are just strictly better than Earth or Air. Water is debatably equal. If you want even better balance you'd have to fuck around with the spells they get, but that's too much work for me.

Oh, and suck out the last bit of individuality the ranger has left?

Well it's not like the Revised Ranger is happening so we might as well just bite the bullet and start absorbing the class into Druid so it has a chance of being playable.

How many levels should I put in rogue for a barbarogue multiclass?

That was the wizards own fault
He would have been able to escape by either.
A: Casting minor illusion (of a 5'x5' box) and casting misty step from within the box.
or
B: Counterspelling the counterspell

The more elemental less-humanoid slant would help a lot. I feel like specializing them more as to what they can do and what they can BE would go a long way towards making them interesting.

>what is the school of necromancy arcane tradition

Asked this a few threads back, but what are some essential parts of a big city to make it at least somewhat realistic?

How come every time the troll posts it's same OP image?

Because he wants to be recognized instantly, but he can't post Shad pictures anymore since he's been banned so much so now he just sticks to the one image.
It's all about him getting attention and recognition.

>Gets banned for breaking one rule
>Breaks another instead and pretends it is fine.
Fucking hell do I really need to make the thread all the time to prevent this shit?

When are we going to get a generalist wizard?
The Lore Master and Retard Armour archetypes are too ill designed to play even in games which allow UA.

Disposable summons are fuckin great

>tfw Cleric with spoopy skelly army, spiritual weapon, and a magic item that lets me summon an elemental

Lore master is balanced if you remove force damage and limit the save change to be mental to mental and physical to physical.

I'll be the first to say however that we don't need a wizard that's better at wizarding than other wizards, It's bad enough you're not restricted in what spells you can choose.

Is it really that important? Picking a school doesn't really limit you from any of the other ones, it just gives you a bit of flavor to work with.

How would I keep moon druid's wildshaping relevant into later levels? Apparently it drops off pretty sharply after a certain point

In my experience, culture has the biggest part to play in making a city feel realistic. Change up your descriptions to make it obvious what the prevailing culture is like in the city the players are in. For example, a generic Dwarven city might be made entirely of stone buildings and have cobblestone roads, even if it's a city in the middle of a forest. Bringing attention to what the people who live there are like can help players fill in the blanks on their own.

Wizards should just not exist, there shouldn't be a class whose job description is simply "problem solver"

Morally grey/sympathetic villains, or ones that are clearly evil? Which do you think are more enjoyable for the players?

Needs different economic districts and multiple walls. Closer to the centre where the main keep should be is equivalent to higher economic status.
Racial divides between the poor/rich districts
Magical wares should only be available in richer areas, maybe some basic things for the middle class
An underground sewer system that may or may not reach somewhere important
Military checkpoints at least on the borders
Large military barracks
Marketplace with stalls, beggars, swindlers, entertainers
Religious temples
Rival noble factions backed by rich merchants and/or military
Potentially a secret police
Mafia/thieves guilds
Magical college (optional)

Overall a theme will affect this things though. A militaristic city will most likely have heavy racial divisions while a trade port would have a more diverse upper class.

Blame the spells not the class itself. Unfortunately it would be shitty if you restricted wizards to only spells from their chosen school because you'd end up being shoehorned into a role

The revised ranger isn't happening? I kept seeing it pop up in UA, is it not happening anymore?

Nope.

I'd rather just play a divination wizard and act like a generalist than fuck around trying to fix the UA.
But the point is people want a generalist wizard, and it should be easy enough to design, but they keep coming up with shit ideas.
Also stone sorcerer is the best UA and it's a travesty it didn't make it into xanthars.

>Unfortunately it would be shitty if you restricted wizards to only spells from their chosen school because you'd end up being shoehorned into a role

Why the hell not? It's not any different than how Fighters are shoehorned into the role of "fightan"

Also gives Wizards an actual reason to have skills and shit.

Both can be done well or poorly, but I think a mix is the best, especially when they interact.

Order of the Stick is iffy in general, but it does have a really good line from a clearly evil villain to a sympathetic one:
> It's not just about power, it's also about how far you're willing to debase yourself before feeling bad. And me? I ripped off my own living flesh so that I wouldn't have to admit weakness. You're strictly little league compared to that. That right there? That's the difference between bonafide true Evil and your whiny "evil, but for a good cause" crap. One gets to be the butch and one gets to be the bitch. Bitch.

If you hate magic why not play a low magic system instead of D&D?

I quite like the magic system in D&D.

I only specifically hate the Wizard spell list (and a couple of cleric spells like Divination.)

>it's another bard tries to seduce le dragon meme session
god I fucking hate bards any any braindead moron who thinks its a good idea to play them. they never take anything in the campaign seriously and if the story doesn't focus on them 100% they worm their way in to the spotlight.

>Divination
What's wrong with divination? It's literally just "ask the DM a question, the spell"

Crawford said in a podcast that retards were confused by there being a Revised Ranger (mostly because they didn't account for Xanathar Rangers wanting to use Revised) so instead of fixing their mistakes they're going the route of just making new and improved versions of crappy subclasses to add bloat to the system, like Brute just being a Revised Champion. One's planned for Beastmaster, but who fucking knows when that will actually happen. Probably after Mystic and Lore Wizard get their release, because he was sure to quell any fears that those two pet projects of his see the amount of contempt he showed for Revised Ranger.

X. as in barb5/rogueX

My group's bard is a sleazy charlatan that is impersonating a government official. He's focused primarily on deceiving others into doing what he wants.

When making his character he swore that he will never try to seduce something.

>they never take anything in the campaign seriously and if the story doesn't focus on them 100% they worm their way in to the spotlight.
A bard is more or less defined by these traits, stupid.

he's clearly trying to fuck the gubernatorial system over

Thank you for the at length explanation because God knows I was gonna ask why. That seems like a dumb idea. I get that some people might be confused but that doesn't seem like a good reason to leave the class in the dust... What a shame...

Orc valor bard best bard

So is Xykon an edgelord because of an inferiority complex over being a sorcerer and not a wizard, or is he genuinely insanely happy to be a sociopath who can kill things and make them his undead slaves?

A Celestial Warlock can have a unicorn as its patron, which is CR 5. Where is the unicorn getting the powers you get at high levels from?

My group's bard never tries to get into the spotlight and as far as I know has never had sex in-game, but he just has an uncanny knack for turning any adventure we have completely spiraling.
He once seduced two concubines of a Thri-kreen chieftain only to feed them drugs and watch them cannibalize each other in a frenzy.
Then he poured a mummy's canoptic brains into a Flaming Skull so we could ask it where the treasure was hidden, then sparked a race war to escape from prison.
He's just the kind of guy that tries to figure out where the plot is headed and finds the optimal point of impact that will shatter it completely.

Also that image, the fuck

Much more the second than the first, although I'm sure it's a factor.

If you cast Hex on someone then cast Magic Stone, do you get the extra damage if someone else throws the stone?

Noep

I guess he's a character for whom the GM is the edgelord, not him the character, given his name is *this* close to being Xyklon-B.

>fire and brimstone-style priest
>wasn't chosen to be a cleric, but is still devout
>is a bard due to his oratory skill in preaching
>reads blessings and prayers for healing/buff spells
>recites passages about damnation and the fires of the hells when using debuff spells
>blows on a trumpet when casting offensive spells (insect plague is definitely a spell I want to take)
What race for this guy? Human was my first thought but I kinda want to play something different.

Ideas for things to happen as the players chase cultists through a harbor?

If you care about the official full length explanation, here's the interview where he said that Revised Ranger is pretty much dead.
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/wolfgang-baur-and-meagan-maricle
Starts talking about Ranger at 27:15, but doesn't really get to the meat of RR until 29:00. They literally compare the confusion to 3.5e, because apparently the problem with 3.5 was the devs always fixing their mistakes.

aasimar

I don't hate magic, I hate wizards.
I'm fine with casters when their spell lists are thematic, and not just a massive toolkit of "get shit done"

Harfling
Just so you can climb on top of tall things to shout farther

Tiefling

My favorite part is when they start talking about how ignoring Revised Ranger is fine because "there are so many players who don't even know that Revised Ranger exists." Because sure, you can ignore feedback all you want whenever you want because you can just assume that there are far more players who (for some reason) didn't offer feedback but who all agree that there's no problem.

A fruit stand is in the middle of the road.

Two people are moving a large sheet of glass

half-elf? aasimar?

that's not bards, that's just diplomancers in general

they fall into a conveniently placed cart on a steep incline

A man that shouts, "I'm walking here!" When they bump into him.

What changes would you make to the Spore Druid? Here are my gut changes
>Halo of Spore
Stay the same
>Symbiotic Entity
Make melee damage 2d6 at 8th level to go with the wild shape upgrade
>Fungal infestation
The spore damage just needs to have been within that round, and there can only be WIS mod (minimum of 1) zombies around at a given time
>Spreading Spores
Exact same
>Fungal Body
Add immunity to disease and poison damage

The issue I still have with the spore Druid is that so many enemies are either resistant or flat out immune to poison damage. What would be a fair way of fixing this? My idea is to either homebrew a 2nd level spell that targets a single creature and removes any poison resistance, or to add another 6th level ability toning down resistances by one step (so immune becomes resistant, resistant becomes normal).

Is this entirely shit?

Give them the ability to deal necrotic damage

they surprise and scatter a group of pigeons or seagulls

Cultists bump into sailors unloading supplies, the supplies drop and an audible shatter is heard. The sailors then attempt to drag the cultists and anyone chasing them to the edge of the docks, where they pour chum on them and throw them into the water. Asskicking along the way. If their grapples fail, they join in the chase.

So just change poison to necrotic?

By throwing it in the trash.

There has to be a way. Would increasing the parry to +2 be okay?

From the Celestial planes, dumb dumb.

allow the user to choose between poison and acid damage from halo of spores and symbiotic entity

dafuq is a blade mastery?

>wanting to play a summoner character

why do you hate your DM and fellow players
why do you feel entitled to turns that take ten minutes

why would you not just fucking google something if you don't know what it is? or better yet just read UA so you know what people are talking about

Are you using the DMG advice to construct the chase or just going freeform.

What feats should I ban guys?

I can't find my DMG. I think I left it at the apartment we play at, so I'm building it freeform.

Too much effort, I got shitposting to do

None
Don't be a baby
Don't play with min/maxing "I can cheese ANY encounter you throw at me with my carefully constructed and planned out character" people

Real thread here

>Djinni Magic
>At 17th level you can cast the Wish spell. You must finish a long rest in order to cast the spell again using this trait.

Good luck, you fucking autist.

what the fuck is wrong with you people that you always feel like you have to ban shit? if you have to forcibly restrict your players from minmaxing rather than just talking to them like adults and you're totally incapable of dealing with it if you do then either you should stop playing with intolerable people, you're a shit DM, or both

Do you guys think its okay to have intelligent enemies spend time doing things other than attacking pc's if they have their own goals if it seems like the pc's are going to be overwhelmed very quickly? (certain premade encounters come to mind)

fuck off shad

I think it was due to the neckbeard backlash over Kate Welch's hire where armchair autists were questioning Wizards' decision and said it was only possible because of Affirmitive Action or she was well connected through Acq Inc or that her hire was a waste.

If you have people that will absolutely cheese the shit out of chargen, they will most likely be Variant Human players. This is easy to do: stop them from taking GWM, SS, PAM, CBE, and Lucky as their starting feat. This prevents them from having huge powerspikes too early.

The thread was posted before this one and OP has removed rulebreaking elements, let him have hid post and stop being a baby.

Check the trove.

Good heavens- Posting in both threads to try to dig up bullshit from an archived thread

I don't think I've seen a booty this bothered in my life

ok shad

>Hey guys, I've got some ground rules for our new campaign, it's mostly to make my job easier and to stop anyone from being too good compared to others who might not make similar decisions.
>Sure thing DM, you're the boss.
>Ok cool, just don't pick these feats too early, and if you want to play Aarakocra then we might have to work some things out.
>Sounds fair, most of this stuff wasn't even relevant to me anyways.

>retard-kun doesn't think this is what people mean when they ask about "banning" things

>comparing me to a criminal
No.
Op's following the rules this time, this is just a duplicate.

>>Sure thing DM, you're the boss.
See, this is how you think it happens. But it isn't. You get players who bitch that they can't play something and then come here, or go to a D&D forum, to bitch about it.

I don't think I've ever seen someone this bothered by being called an autist.

that's not what banning means