/swg/ - Best Boy Edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous thread:

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada full wave 7 unboxing/spoilers:
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267745-chimaera-unboxing/
>community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/267760-profundity-unboxing/
Admiral Raddus guest article by a playtester:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/17/hes-going-to-fight/

Legion AT-ST preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/
Legion T-47 Airspeeder preview:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/15/scramble-airspeeders/

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rozzum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This might be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, do SW: Armada ships need to be primed for paint to stick to the model? When scrolling through Google images to see custom paint schemes a lot of ships like Victory Star Destroyers had stripe(s) of black or red, but the rest of the ship was still the default factory paintjob.

Those who play x-wing, is corran horn viable? I'd like to at least be decent with him just because he seems like a fun ship. Anyone have any advice on how to fly him correctly?

Ah shit, forgot to put muh question.

How's that campaign/adventure idea coming along?

So I'm running a sandbox-y EOTE campaign, and I need plothooks.

The setting is a backwater sector- The PC's were survivors of a tansport vessel that crash landed on a junk planet rules by a pirate cargo cult who managed to steal a pair of Z-95's and a YT to escape. They hyperspace'd blindly into a fight between Empire and Pirates, and figuring that they had already pissed off the pirates by stealing ships from them, decided to help the empire. The empire will be rewarding them with some Credits, fuel to jump anywhere else in the Sector, and changing the registration of their stolen ships to not be stolen anymore.

The major players in the sector are the pirates, the local neutral planetary government, the Empire, and the Hutts.

The current ideas I have for plot hooks are

- The cargo that was being stolen by pirates (the transport is now safe- what were they carrying?)

- The cargo containers that were knocked off the Pirate C-ROC before it fled- What is in them?

This, combined with any other plot hooks that could be cool would be appreciated.

Specifically, the party is looking to get some more heavy-duty ships ASAP- I'm using X-wing/HotAC for space combat rules, and they don't want to be constantly 4 health away from death in a Z-95, and their stolen YT is a piece of shit. What's a good plot hook involving getting better space ships?

Players are about to board a Gozanti being used as a customs vessel. A raider just hyperspace'd in and forced the C-roc to flee.

Corran Horn is potentially top-tier amazing.

You start with

- Push The Limit
- Engine Upgrade
- R2-D2

And then either

- Advanced Sensors
or
- Fire Control System

Advanced sensors being generally better in the current metagame(as there are a lot of area affecting effects and not many high-agility token stackers), unless you have a source of Coordinated actions. Fire control is for hitting like a brick with a gun, but Advanced Senors gives you durability and re-positioning/pre-positioning.

Are you new to x-wing? What do you plan on flying with him?

Anyone have recommendations for alternative template/counter sets?

Not for doing small stripes.

FFG's method of painting models in the factory is effectively masking and multiple layers of primer- I accidentally left a Kihraxz fighter in rubbing alcohol for a month once, and could see how the paint peels off. (Also, Kihraxz are a really disgusting green color under the paint- At least most empire ships are grey)

I can go a bit more in depth if you would like.

For which game? X-wing, Armada, or Imperial Assault?

I'm pretty new to x-wing so I'm pretty shit at list building. What are some good ships to go with him?

And thanks for the advice about the upgrades he runs, I think Advanced Sensors would be the better choice for me. If I'm playing a game with Corran, how should I be flying him on the table?

Wow, I should go to bed. Looking for X-Wing.

I been thinking of painting some of my ships after all the squadrons are finished so any advice would be appreciated. In particular there is a Victory that bugs me as it is noticeably dirtier than the other two, and I was considering perhaps a paintjob is in order, maybe a Galactic Republic era scheme to remove the literal fingerprint on the ship.

Has anyone bought acrylic tokens/maneuver templates for x-wing from third party sources? I've seen some that look nice to me but I'd be worried that if I took them to an event I wouldn't be allowed to use them. Am I just being paranoid?

The best Tokens (that you can buy with money at non-insane prices) are Curled Paw Creatives.

For Templates, I've heard good things about Curled Paw's templates, but I don't like their stock deisgn/schemes. On the other hand, I use Krayt templates, which were made by Curled Paw.

I had my collection stolen a couple months ago, and I gave up on buying copies of the FFG official stuff that had been stolen- It cost a gorillion dollars. So I bought the Curled Paw Creatives for tokens, and have been phasing them out with new acrylics that I win.

For the 3rd party sources question-

3rd party tokens and templates are explicitly allowed in the rules, with a few exceptions (asteroids, bomb tokens, etc) All that might not happen is if your stuff is *really* third party is that FFG headquarters won't put you on stream.

I can think of two things the Empire would be interested in off the top of my head.
>- The cargo that was being stolen by pirates (the transport is now safe- what were they carrying?)
Blueprints for experimental fighters.
>- The cargo containers that were knocked off the Pirate C-ROC before it fled- What is in them?
Holocrons. Jedi or Sith, that's up to you

well, if you are doing a basecoat of the entire ship to fix a fingerprint, you would need to strip the paint and then re-prime over it.

Also, if there is a fingerprint in the paint, reach out to FFG customer support- They will likely give you a new Victory.

Well, that corran is 49 points, and is tanky as hell. You use advanced sensors to go in really strange places.

The number of times I've heard of people dialing in a 1-straight and saying "I'll figure it out later" is insane.

You can do stuff like advanced sensor moving before you reveal your dial to ensure that you bunp into a ship that you don't want to be able to shoot you, push for a focus, do a green, bump, and then shoot someone else.

For Wingmen, it depends- What type of ships do you want to fly with him? You have 51 points left to spend.

Do you want 1, 2, 3 of 4 wingmen?

So. My group is in the middle of the erstwhile evacuation of Dantooine.

They've discovered Imperial Storm commandos observing the base, dispatched most of them, discovered there's a traitor in the Rebel forces (of course!), and busied themselves overseeing the loading of critical equipment and personnel into starships.

My intention for the next session is just to have them run a blockade past a task force comprised of Daala's Gorgon, two Lancers, and an Acclamator.

They're leaving with a handful of light freighters, most of Green Squadron in X-Wings, a GR-75, and their GR-105 (heavily modified now).

I'm thinking about having a Nebulon-B arrive with a task force of corvettes and Orange Squadron to even the odds up a bit as everyone moves to make their escape.

Am I missing a trick here? It's too early for the Rebels to have a cruiser show up to make the fight more even, but I'm thinking a little bit of help will change the flow.

Their GR-105 is about as well armed as a light frigate now and may actually be able to trade some blows with the ISD.

But I want them to come off the session feeling like they scraped by on the seat on their pants, not feeling really up about how they stuck it to the (wo)man.

Thanks man!

Since I'm newer I'd feel more comfortable with a smaller number of ships to worry about...so 1 or 2 wingmen

Why do people allow this Mary Sue shit?

I'm not asking for things that the empire would be interested in necessarily- mostly things that could be used as plot hooks for the PC's.
Someone earlier had a suggestion of having the already-stolen cargo be grain with Spice hidden in it- explaining why the original owner didn't call for help initially.

Also, holocrons would be a little silly this early in the campaign (and why would they be stored in a cargo container on the outside of the ship?), and for Fighter designs, the cargo ship that was in the process of getting robbed wasn't militarily affiliated- That also wouldn't make sense.

Which ships look cool to you/do you want to be flying next to corran? Corran is really Ace-y, what do you want his wingmen to do?

There's a reason that people jokingly refer to Curled Paw Creatives as "Big Acrylic"- they produce the most as their shit looks the best.

>Which ships look cool to you/do you want to be flying next to corran? Corran is really Ace-y, what do you want his wingmen to do?
Shit man, you're asking more of me than I thought you would haha. But I like the looks of the k-wing and the ARC-170. Looking on online lists, I've seen Dash flown with Corran a lot. But since Corran is ace-y, I'd like the other ship(s) to either make Corran's job easier or be able to function well on their own

>Also, holocrons would be a little silly this early in the campaign (and why would they be stored in a cargo container on the outside of the ship?), and for Fighter designs, the cargo ship that was in the process of getting robbed wasn't militarily affiliated- That also wouldn't make sense.
Not him but tbf, you didn't specify any of this

sorry if it cam out harsh, but i figured "backwater sector" would imply that. The players are currently space homeless, so that feels like it would be a sharp and jarring escalation.

>What's a good plot hook involving getting better space ships?

Local Hutt offers to loan the players a ship if one of their crew is able to win third place or higher in a swoop/pod race, with the prize money used to pay for the ship.

The reason for this is that the Hutt's sponsored race was recently killed under mysterious circumstances, and he needs someone to take their place.

Also works as opening up future job opportunities with the Hutt.

Well, you would want your wingmen to ensure that Corran can do his thing, which means survive until lategame. That means that you have to have wingment that they can't afford to ignore and just chase corran, and not frail enough so that if they decide to kill the Wingmen, corran has some turns to rip into them

For the ARC, since R2-D2 is already in the list, try out this- The Stressmachine.

Braylen Stramm- (R3-A2, Alliance Overhaul, either Gunner or Tactician, possible Vector Thrusters) This makes him 29/32 points, adding 2 more if you want Vectored Thrusters.

Every round he is alive he bullies another ship into positions that ensure that Corran can get behind them and bully them. You would probably have something strange as a wingman- A Y-wing maybe?

Miranda plays by always trying to kite, never engaging. It's not something I'm a fan of, although Corran Miranda is a serious list- The playstyle makes it incredibly boring for newer players. (never engage, always kite)

If you want to play like that (dropping bombs and shooting with your turret), your loadout would likely look like pic related, potentially swapping C-3p0 for Sabine.

What could I use as a twist to go there?

Was the hutt's initial pilot murdered by some rival in an attempt to fix the race?

Is the pilot actually not dead, and just faking as the Hutt has rigged the pod/swoop to explode/suicide ram a rival in his spectator box, and is planning on using the PC's as an excuse as to why that happened?

I really appreciate your help, thanks so much! I'll try and practice out both of those lists to see if I like one better than the other

Do canonical sources explain why there are A-Wing, U-Wing, X-Wing and Y-Wing ships when basic doesn't use an English alphabet?

Why are you so fucking mad about how a person plays a character in a game you're not even a part of?

I don't know off the top of my head about canon, but for Legends there was the standard galactic alphabet, which is the aurebesh writing we're all familiar with, and the High Galactic alphabet, which is essentially the English alphabet.

>What could I use as a twist to go there?
Maybe there's just a sort of open try-outs to take the place of the Hutt's sponsored racer? Public and everything? Or maybe they stop by a cantina on the world where the Hutt is based and/or where the race is taking place, and they're told about it by one of the locals, or overhear a conversation about it.

>Was the hutt's initial pilot murdered by some rival in an attempt to fix the race?
That was the idea I was going with. Maybe a rival Hutt that's been trying to sabotage the former's place in the Cartel, or maybe a small-time gang that got too big for their britches.

>Is the pilot actually not dead, and just faking as the Hutt has rigged the pod/swoop to explode/suicide ram a rival in his spectator box, and is planning on using the PC's as an excuse as to why that happened?
I think a fun "twist" could be that the Hutt ISN'T a total asshole, and is actually a somewhat scummy, but legitimate, businesslug.

for pairing with the StressARC, a Y-wing with Autoblaster turret, Guidance chips, and a Plasma torp works, or potentially a bomb instead of the torp.

Thinking about it, I might as well just use Schrodinger's plot for this- Whatever the PC's think, I'll choose the more interesting plot twist.

For the reward, how much is the prize for the race? What kind of ship should it be? An unmodded Kihraxz, but the prize is small enough that they would also have to sell one of their two Z-95's?

I was looking for another ship to use with the StressARC, what about this?

AP-5 — Sheathipede-class Shuttle 15
Intelligence Agent 1
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Vectored Thrusters 2
Ship Total: 19

That works great too. I keep forgetting that other Shuttle pilots besides Fenn exist. too.

Swap the Vector Thrusters over to the ARC though- it needs them more than the shuttle.

For the stress arc, remember- Alliance overhaul says "may" and your goal is to miss with your first attack-

If shooting out the front, roll just 2 dice, don't spend any mods, stress them, and then Gunner with 3 and spending mods.

I would think the ship they're getting is what you feel is best for their current place in the story.

Prize money could be something like 30% to 50% less than the cost of the actual ship, and they have the option of either paying the rest back to the Hutt over time, or selling the Z-95s to pay it back quicker. May even have the Hutt mention there will be interest to encourage them to sell off the Z-95s and deal with the debt more quickly.

Here's the fingerprint mark, so you're saying I'd have to strip the factory paint first instead of priming over it? Also that's my third Victory-class already, I bought it for the cards mainly since I did a core set ship trade to get 2 Vics to start with.

well, their other goal is to fix up a Y-wing that they destoyed during their initial skirmish- a Kihraxz and a Y-wing would make pretty good options for fighters to give the party variety, and they will probably get a new Freighter to use as a main ship soon.

So a Z-95 is worth 55k, a Kihraxz is 65k- That seems reasonable as to a reward for winning a large event that people are scared of entering due to possible assassination attempts.

If it's that small, you can paint right over it. I thought you meant you had a full blown fingerprint- good enough to track down the Chinese person that made it.

So what paint scheme are you planning on doing exactly?

Leaning towards a Galactic Republic Navy paint scheme, I have been looking at Mel Miniatures' Clone Wars ships and the Victory I did serve in the later years alongside Venators.

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

>An unmodded Kihraxz
Well, Z-95s are like 45000 credits each used, so it needs to be expensive but not that expensive (not sure how much the prize money is supposed to be tho).

Ah shit, just realized you said they only want to part with one of their Z-95s, my bad.
Personally I've always liked the YT-1930, it's a Corellian freighter so it looks somewhat Falcon-y but not enough that it's distracting. it's also pretty disliked for some reason so you can buy one used for like 60k.

So... what the fuck could be next for armada? New death pickle in the form of the raddus?

What exactly was Visas's plan to kill Nihilus before she felt the exile?

>I think a fun "twist" could be that the Hutt ISN'T a total asshole, and is actually a somewhat scummy, but legitimate, businesslug.

As part of my own PC's background, he did some spice shipping for a Hutt...peppercorns, specifically. He's a famous chef who likes to kick things up a notch.

Said PC still has a free meal voucher to any of his restaurants in the Outer or Mid-Rim.

I don't think that ship is in FFG.

Did she even have a plan? As far as I was aware, and granted it's been a while since ive played kotor2, she's was under his thrall completely until the exile friendship punched her into submission, then agreed to help bring him down

Was he the Jason Vorhees/Michael Myers of Sith Lords?

It never said anything but I couldn't help but wonder what this timid girl was going to do against a force of nature, you know to keep to the sith tradition of killing your master

I'm playing through again now and I'm pretty sure it's this.

On a sidenote, I hate the random loot system the game has. I had to restart due to the first hk-50 bugging out and not dying, denying me its part for HK-47 and didn't end up getting the cool armor I'd gotten in the Telos temple the first go-round or the unlimited shield unit for T-3.

So who drew the shorter end of the tactical stick here?

What's everyone listen to while constructing a campaign?
I'm going pretty deep into the MGSV soundtrack and promotional music.

Ah, that's what you meant. Now that you said it, it does make me wonder as well. Regardless, maybe she didn't have a plan? From what I remember from the conversations I had with her, she was pretty much resigned to death in the face of the all consuming void that was Nihilus

>That imperial umbaran tank
>That fucking cool ass imperial assault gunship

I NEED THESE IN LEGION!

My fucking dick.

Obviously the empire got the short end, Republic/CIS technology. While older, it is way more versatile than the new, shiny imperial tech.

Man... Nihilus really muddles the KOTOR timeline for me. He seems so far gone for only, what, ten years since turning away from the order to fight the Mandalorians? Hell, was he even one of the ones that followed Revan? He seems so disconnected from Revan and all that, narratively speaking.

The funny thing that one squadron of TIE defenders could literally annihilate all of the Rebel squadrons shown without a casualty.

It's funny when people say the Empire had weak fighter game.

He was a Jedi that was completely fucked up by the Malachor superweapon. He was just a regular Jedi guy, and then was completely fucked mentally, physically and Force-wise.

Ah, okay. It's been like a decade since I last played and only just had him introduced in my current playthrough. Though with the way the game just skips dialogue, hopefully I'll get to hear this this time around.

They just about have to put those in Legion don't they?

Otherwise, there aren't a lot of Imperial units for a game that is going to have to see gradual unit releases.

Honestly? Rebs. HWK vs a Decimator is hopelessly outclassed. The fighters in the Imperial set are all pretty high tech, weakest is the TIE/LN which is at least a post-clone wars design, while the rebels are using surplus CW shit. They also give them the Defender which even in the nuCanon is the fucking superfighter. It lets average pilots like Sabine or Ezra outfly the shit out of imperial mooks when they try to steal it, and put in the hands of an imperial ace he eats rebel mooks for breakfast despite the X-Wings vaunted survivability.

That said I agree with gimme dat shit for legion. The space shit is probably too large but some of that other shit be good.

>plot twist: anakin didn't kill any tusken raiders, he killed literal sand people, building figures out of sand with the force then cutting them apart in a blind rage
>AND THE WOMEN, AND THE CHILDREN

>playing Saga
>Old Republic time
>Make a former mandalorian ceusader of the Mando Wars
>was on Malachor V and was among the ones that surrendered to revan and had to give up his armor
>works as a mercenary in disgrace, swore not to wear any armor until he regain his honor by conquering pieces of crusader armor through murder
> he's worked with jedi, sith, and other force users, but can't be assed to learn the differences so he calls all force users 'jedi'
>his reaction to be almost force choked by a team mate as a display of power was shooting the cunt
Rate the sueness

Honestly, even as seen from Commander, it's rebels who have the shortest stick for all unit types. There's a variety of stormtrooper variants who can be mooks and special forces without even getting into canonical shit like jet-pack wearing Imperial Supercommandos who are not just [blank]troopers. If FFG can open that Legends toybox with Legion like they do with X-Wing and Armada too there's some great shit in there.

Rebels, once you do fleet troops, generic rebel troops and maybe echo base troopers, what do you have? Who are your special forces guys? You get SpecForce, then what?

Still very eager to see what they do with legion, what they've shown so far is great.

>It's funny when people say the Empire had weak fighter game.

Well, you have to factor in that even the Empire could rarely afford to *field* a TIE Defender full squadron, to be totally fair.

Yeah I don't fucking know. I just want cool vehicles and cool troop designs.

>That fucking CIS hover tank and hailfire droid
>That AT-TE and AT-AP
>Fucking LAAT

Give me that shit in plastic FFG.

>Heavy alien troopers wielding captured E-Webs.
>Some fucking captured droids or something

Yes.

>Wookie commandos with time bombs

Bothan spies with disintigrators and camo.

As cool as it is to see EU stuff again, all of this does kinda reinforce the fact that Nucanon can't do anything good that hasn't already been done before.

I literally cannot think of a single thing people have praised about the new universe that wasn't done by the old one, and often better.

Look who made the front page of the Wook

So, I want to add some Lovecraftian cosmic horror to my campaign. And maybe throw in some Doom. What would be a good starting point for either of these?

Not Star Wars.

>lovecraftian horror
>doom
>star wars

Closest thing to Lovecraftian you could get would be Abeloth, or maybe Waru.

There's no hell, no demonic forces in Star Wars, so Doom is out.

Lovecraftian horror can work pretty well in Star Wars so long as it's not Mary Sued ala Abeloth.

What about aping off Doom(2004) starring the ever-LITTY The Rock?

How can they afford to mass produce and field Vader's starfighter model then?

So I know it's not even out yet, but what are people's wishlists for Legion?

For me I'd like to see Dewback Riders, Shoretroopers, Darktroopers, ISB and maybe one of them tanks that was in Rogue One for Imperials.

For Rebels I'd love to see speeder bikes of some sort, Echo troopers, maybe some more aliens in the mix? Having the one Duros inn the trooper set is cool, but Rebels offer a great chance to fit all sorts of different aliens for funtimes. I'd also like to see some sort of commandos similar to Cassian with aniper rifle options and shit.

Also next commander for Rebels: Han or Lando? Who do you want.
>inb4 we get Liea
>Who am I kidding, I'd totally buy Liea in her both outfit.

Rebels should have two major draws, for infantry it's the use of alien agents to diversify in comparison to the empires specialized troops, and for vehicles a blend of iconic rebel and clone wars gear

In one of the saga edition books, theres a passage on the tie advanced, saying that it was built to Vader's personal specifications, but never saw heavy production. Prototypes were issued to elite pilots or squadrons, and presumably moffs and admirals who were wealthy could afford to bankroll a squadron or two. And as far as i know, they arent as powerful and heavily equiped as defenders, so I'd assume they'd be cheaper to produce.

>And as far as i know, they arent as powerful and heavily equiped as defenders, so I'd assume they'd be cheaper to produce.

Yeah, TIE Advanced/Avengers are good but they're not Defender good.

I'd love to see a unit of Wookies or some such. Maybe some Mon Cal troopers somewhere?

If Imperials got the tank from R1, would we expect to see Rebs get something akin to the AT-DP to act as a second heavy unit?

I'm also excited to see how they might handle Scum. I'd love to build a pirate army to go with my Scum fleet in X-Wing.

And lastly: how long before the inevitable "Hey look guys, it's Boba Fett!" shit hits Legion? A month? Maybe two after release?

>Maybe some Mon Cal troopers somewhere?
yes please, maybe they can be deep strike specialists who are surgically dropped or radio men who call down Y-wing strikes on places

>would we expect to see Rebs get something akin to the AT-DP to act as a second heavy unit?
personally, i want them to get a salvaged AT-TE like the one used by captain rex, but with firebirds and a bit nicer looking

I imagine an AT-TE would be a *massive* model. It would quickly fall into the "too big to be practical as a game piece" department that is most shit in 40k these days.

As for Mon Cals, even if it's just one or two guys here or there I'd be cool. Rebels have the option to have a diversity of species within their ranks even just as random regular guys. Adds some nice visual diversity to squads.

I would love something like Wookie or Ithorian shock troopers, though. That's be awesome.

One of my primary frustrations with Star Wars is how one-dimensional a lot of species/cultures are.

>Jabba the Hutt is a crime lord, therefore ALL Hutts are crime lords!
>Greedo was a bloodthirsty hunter, therefore ALL Rodians are bloodthirsty hunters!
>The Twi'leks in RotJ were slaves, therefore ALL Twi'leks should have some connection to slavery!
>Chewbacca was an honorable warrior, therefore ALL Wookiees are honorable warriors!
>Han Solo is a Corellian who is also a skilled smuggler and pilot, therefore ALL Corellians must be a skilled pilot and/or smuggler!

It's gotten better over the past decade, but it's still present. Every culture has their qualifiers, but an individual from that culture is not going to adhere to every single aspect of it. A Chiss cheerleader is a tad too far out there outside of some special circumstances, but a Chiss mercenary that works for money, but maintains a stoic, near-emotionless presentation is fitting.

Rant aside, one of the characters I plan to have my players encounter is a Hutt who, although not the nicest guy around, runs what is essentially a legitimate business.

mon cal comms operator calling in CAS is what i want
wookie squad with absolutely brutal bowcasters and ridiculous toughness would be a great heavy unit for the rebels

instead of the AT-TE, maybe the naboo patrol speeder, to circle strafe the enemy to death?

>How's that campaign/adventure idea coming along?
I blame whoever put the idea in my head, but I'm starting to structure a campaign vaguely based on Megaman X.

New Republic era, new Jedi Temple founded by Luke, one older student stumbled upon an artifact with strong Dark Side ties and has been corrupted with an insidious power that not even he can control and has the potential to subtly "infect" others like a virus. After a big revolt led by the one who found the artifact, there's been a calm settled in, but punctuated by sudden, seemingly random cases of some of the new Jedi turning to the Dark Side.

It's become so common that Luke, with Republic backing, has started up a special group of people set on hunting down these Dark Jedi before they cause any more havoc. PCs are part of this group of "Maverick" Hunters, can be Force-sensitive but it's not required, and are tasked with taking down those who've turned. Campaign focus is trying to stop a plot to unleash artificial versions of the artifact from reaching the Jedi Temple.

How does this pitch sound? I'm feeling my regular group might enjoy it, and I've got some ideas for NPCs, villains, and other things, but anyone have some pointers? Going to be trying this using mostly F&D but open to any pointers on that as well.

Sounds like fun. I'd play it

He's just hungry
Too bad the only thing that can fill him up is The Force itself.

TIE Advanced supposedly informed the TIE Interceptor and Defender both.

nigga I'm throw some words atchu ait
Charon, DarkStryder, Kathol, and Sorcerors of Rhand are all good places to start your descent into madness

Ancient civs that fucked with shit we don't understand would include Celestials, Gree, Kwa, Sharu, Columi, Rakata

for civs from outside the galaxy proper who do weird shit, there's the Vong, Ssi-ruuvi, and Silentium

for other creatures who are fuckin scary there's Mnggal-Mnggal, Lotek'k, Starweirds, Miner's horrors, Space wraiths, anything Sithspawned and just about anything from the Galaxy of Fear series

that should be enough to get your eldritch juices flowing

don't forget Death Troopers and Red Harvest

The Rozzum, just have a mad sandperson wander in with a special, old timey book written on the skins of people as an introduction
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rozzum

Can't say I've ever used them in a game, but if you need tentacled, extra dimensional weirdness, that's basically it

Sith Alchemy can give rise to some pretty horrific mutations on occasion.
If you want to get some Doom in there, the players have gotten themselves trapped on a facility full of horrifying Sith Alchemy monstrosities, so it's time to pick up your blasters, cock your Array Gun, and hit the heaviest music you can to blast your way out.

As for cosmic horror? Well aside from Abeloth, you can go full Kreia and have them realise that the force has already determined every event that's ever going to happen because their 'destiny' is so written in stone as to be deterministic. The Force is not only an entity with complete control over the galaxy, it also deliberately stokes conflict because it's malicious.

Hey, anything that features a series of quirky boss battles I'm on board for, whether that's MegaMan X inspired, Metal Gear Rising inspired, or whatever.

What kinda pointers you in the market for? Sounds to me like characterisation and fun locations for those things (along with a kick-ass soundtrack if you're the kind of person to make use of those) are the most important things.