So we all agree that Altmer are the master race right?

So we all agree that Altmer are the master race right?

>lifespans measured in the thousands of years

>massively more intelligent then any other race, they are 40% more intelligent then humans using morrowind stats

>naturally gifted in magic, which is insanely powerful in the elder scrolls series

>tall and beautiful, run faster and jump higher then all of the other races due to their height

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/481
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Interview_with_a_Dark_Elf
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They win the master race.
They fail at being interesting.

>got their asses kicked by a Nord with a golem
Can't be that tough.

>Tfw to intelligent to track down two washed-up Blades and not try to kill the only person capable of stopping the dragonpocalypse

What did you say humie boi?

I said that you're boring. Your darker and greener cousins are far more interesting.

Pretty much this. Altmer as implemented in the games are just haughty elves. Their lore is much more interesting.

My metric for a "master race" derives from how good the judgement of the average member is, and many of these shits mistakenly believe that they'll become godlike spirits once all the towers are destroyed. They will become immortal spirits, sure, but they'll be pathetically weak and unimportant shit spirits like most every spirit is. Dwemer would be the master race if they hadn't fucked themselves, and the argonians don't really lead their own communities, the hist trees do that. So the imperials pretty much win by default.

I was refering to the lore too. I honestly think that argonians and orcimer are far more interesting.

Elder Scrolls lore is a cancer. All these huge nerds going "well, you see, there's actually this really rich and interesting backstory and complex metaphysics and politics and culture and and and...". No. Fuck off. Your argument amounts to saying that this game you supposedly like is actually shit and terribly made and can't reflect the cool parts of the setting at all.

>Have a world filled with interesting and expansive lore.
>Can't contract a company to make it a tabletop setting.

>>lifespans measured in the thousands of years
Too bad this is just flatout wrong. ESO or "Tamriel Unlimited" KFC lore retconned it so elves only live a couple hundred years instead of thousands.

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/481
>Something that is in big debate on every single forum I've seen as of late is the life expectancy of the different races of Tamriel for roleplaying purposes. Can you please elaborate and give us some numbers to work with for each race or at least the Elven races (Altmer, Bosmer, and Dunmer)? – By Nathan Payne / Andrew Hudson

>Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed. Anyone older than that has prolonged his or her lifespan through powerful magic.

As far as the non-human races go sure, but most the human races are boring as fuck.
Dunmer of course are the best race in terms of lore, fucking Kirkbride getting high as shit while reading about Hinduism

Elder Scrolls has shit-tier races.

Altmer are moronic nihlists that are trying to unmake reality because they think that they can go back to living as spirit beings, but what's actually going to happen in that their mortal asses are going to die like the rest of creation, because shattering reality won't revert it to it's pre-creation state, but merely destroy it.

>Too bad this is just flatout wrong. ESO or "Tamriel Unlimited" KFC lore retconned it so elves only live a couple hundred years instead of thousands.

>Elves live two to three times as long as humans and the “beast-races” (Orcs, Khajiiti, Argonians). A 200-year-old Elf is old; a 300-year-old Elf is very, very old indeed.

This is a bit of a side tangent, but holy fuck I wish DnD would do the same. So goddamn sick of elf characters that are supposed to have like 500 years of experience at level 1, played by broody assholes that don't know how to make good characters.

Are you angry becuse the games are shit, because your expectations of lore are incredibly high, because you get a wrath boner by reading these threads or just because?
Humans are, as always, boring. Except for redguards, they have some nice bits here and there.

There were A LOT of altmer alive and full of painful memories 1000 years after ysgramors invasion though

You have to throw so much lore out the window if you wanna say they now have 1/3 of the lifespan

Level 1's are really fucking stupid 90% of the time honestly
>Character spent 20 or more years of his life apparently doing fuck all and knowing only the most basic of shit of swinging a sword
>In only a few weeks manages to become expert swordsman or master level mage

Redguards are the most boring, even imperial are better

Le curved swords XD

Don't worry user, Veeky Forums already made a pretty good table top game for elder scrolls

I think Bethesda is GLAD to throw out alot of the older lore or pretend it doesn't exist. Unfortunately it's the kind of hard-to-understand stuff that makes their theme-park games impenetrable for the average normie and makes the game harder to get into. I mean look how badly they fucked up the Thalmor in Skyrim just so they could have their "Hurrdurr stop the evil dragon" bullshit plotline.

I honestly just like them because of their curved meaty swords

>We will never get a game set in Elyswer or Argonia because normalfags would complain about half the npc's being cat people or lizard people
Feels bad mang, even if Elyswer is a really fucking stupid name that sounds like someone came up with it in like five seconds

This is what happens when you try to equate mechanics with story.

I don't know, I think a lot of normies would love it, but for only memey reason.
>Dude. Fucking Argonians, man. Like, dude. Lizard titties.
>OHMAHGAWD! Khajiit are so fluffy, and it just makes me really happy!

While orcs get dealt the short hand, their cool ass horns and the fact that they occupy the typically Dwarven role of the smithing race is pretty interesting.

Plus the weird dichotomy between stronghold and city orc, and the fact that they are smart enough to apparently teach Reachmen magic.

Don't be so sure

>>lifespans measured in the thousands of years
they have the capability of living thousands of years. most of them don't live too much longer than humans due to the usual medieval problems like bandits, war, famine, and disease. Oh and of course monsters

I enjoyed skyrim, but if this is what it's lead to then it was a mistake.

This, normies love the furry races because "lmao HIST so cool haha cute lizard" and "Lmao Druuuug cats!"

But the Bretons are the best race?

One or two guys with shit taste.

I know, but it'd still be cool to own a physical copy of an officially licensed book.

Nords canonically have the largest cocks

New Vegas is one of the best vidya RPG's of this decade and Fallout 4 was absolute garbage

Link please.

Shut up Tod will hear you!

He'll find us... he always does...

But user, can't you see that having both native Nord and the Imperial pantheon represented in Skyrim would had confused people. Or that a fantasy Vietnam would had been a far lamer setting for Oblivion than the generic fantasy medieval Europe #251451.

Bethesda should just give the rights to Fallout over to Obsidian so they can make New Vegas 2

I mean have you seen the size of those roosters they breed?

Built for the winter, those birds are.

That pic makes me so mad and I don't know why.

>Evil Empire

Let me guess you started with Skyrim didn't you?

Redguard are great though
>ancient tradition of the swordsingers
>the cultural divisions between the forebears and crowns
>their recent situation with the Thalmor
>the crown pantheon being completely different to the standard imperial one

>Nord
lol, no, stormfag. He's Breton.
>golem
From the fucking future

whether they are or not, i'm not playing as a manlet
so, they might as well be

>That picture
>Those descriptions

I don't know why you guys are getting so mad, this shit is hilarious

Argonians are the only competent race in Mundus

Argonian max age is unknown, while female can most likely be just as smart.
Also Dunmer live longer then Altmer

I have to agree, after all they were only ones to actually survive shit shorms like oblivion crisis with no problems.
But I would add, argonians and hist are most competent races in Mundus

test

>Nord

>Hjalti from High Rock
>Famous for being a backstab-happy diplomat

This kind of autism doesn't sound very normey to me

>When you're so autistic that the concept it a joke is unimaginable

>It gets even worse when you realize that those same blades are retarded enough to tell the only person capable of permanently killing a dragon to fuck of just because he wanted to spare one.

>There were A LOT of altmer alive and full of painful memories 1000 years after ysgramors invasion though

The 1000 of years weren't really years.
They were the sesions of certain priests conducting rituals.
So it's far more likely than only about 200 years passed since Ysgramor invaded and those Elves reporting on it.

That’s like saying a Han Chinese man from Africa is black

>Their souls are tied to the trees and are doomed if the tree is chopped down

Uh... Yeah that's probably the main reason they are so fanatical about their homeland.

Where is this ever said?

4e fixed that.

It's never mentioned as a point of interest so there's no reason to think Argonians are long lived. According to the Real Barenziah 300 is very old for a (dark) elf while in Oblivion character dialogue points out many Altmer on Summerset lived through, still remember, and are upset about the invasion of their homeland 400 years prior.

4e was badwrong and ruined everything forever.

>He didn't just install the paarthurnax dilemma and verbally abuse Delphine into standing down

His fanfiction.

desu I prefer that. Much better if they just live 200-300 years rather than thousands.

That wasn't fucking ESO. Well, at least for the Dunmer:
> I've always been curious about the lifespan of elves. We all know they live much longer than all other races, is this true for the Dunmer as well? How many years would it take for you to be considered 'old'?
> Alvur Relds: Well, I'm fifty, done my twenty years in the Service, and I'm in the prime of life. I expect another fifty good years, and then I'll be old, and slow, chatting with gaffers around the hearth for another twenty, thirty years. I've known mer still mind-sharp in their late hundreds, and heard of folk 200 and older. My family usually makes it to 120-130, providing we don't get sick or poked in the eye.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Interview_with_a_Dark_Elf
(1999)

>Stealth archery

I felt like Skyrim is more of a 2h heavy warrior game.

2h is garbage in base skyrim, stealth multipliers are just too ridiculous

Good thing ESO ain't canon.

Seconded. If you're playing the base game and aren't stealth arching or abusing the Forty Restro exploit, you're going to probably have a bad time of things.
Anyone else having a hard time uploading photos?

>Can't contract a company to make it a tabletop setting.
D&D already exists user

yes
finally switched browsers to get past this mistyped captcha bullshit now I can't post images. Veeky Forums just wants me to stop coming here.

I always read this all the way through, it's so good

>If you're playing the base game and aren't stealth arching or abusing the Forty Restro exploit,
Just level up Smithing and Enchanting, you can kill most enemies with two or three swings of a sword

Image server is down

or combine it with stealth archery/daggers and kill them in one.

The lesson to draw from all this is that base skyrim perk trees are broken as shit.

>combine it with stealth archery
Too much work, it's easier to just rush at enemies

>daggers and kill them in one.
Can't benefit from one-handed enchantments

>The lesson to draw from all this is that base skyrim perk trees are broken as shit.
Agreed

>stealth archery
>toggling crouch and clicking to draw the bow
>too much work
user, there is a reason people have to stop themselves deliberately from playing stealth archers.

>From the fucking future
Nah, from the not-dwarves