Get invited to play in a guy's homebrew system

>Get invited to play in a guy's homebrew system
>Get the files, look them over
>Hundreds of different spells
>21 different stats
>Skills, maneuvers, spells, talents, abilities, and racials are all different kinds of attacks
>One of the spells is named Orb of the Albino Doomgoat
I don't know what to think.

Other urls found in this thread:

smallpdf.com/merge-pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tell us more of this orb

Combat does not a system make

That sounds kind of fascinating OP. Does it actually seem functional, or is it obviously an unbalanced mess of kludged together ideas from other games?

Don't think, just play the damn game and let us know how it went, you fucking coward.

Everyone on Veeky Forums nowadays complains "DON'Y PLAY DUND, DON'T USE A BAD SYSTEM, DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE GUYS LISTEN TO ME" and then they don't follow through on anything. So play the damn game, try and have some fun, and get pback to us with a tale of some guys homebrew that might actually turn out okay because he's a pretty good GM.

Fuck all the social engineers and system shills, fucking PLAY.

Well come on, you can't post a name like "Orb of the Albino Doomgoat" and not tell us about it.

Does the spell create a concentrated orb of the essence of an albino doomgoat, or does it trap the target with an albino doomgoat in an unbreakable orb?

I can't tell which is worse.

This. Just go for it, OP. Game sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

Ask him to email you his notes so you can familiarise yourself with the spells and then upload it for us.

Here's the text
>ORB OF THE ALBINO DOOMGOAT
>Level: 8
>Element: Dark
>Type: Invocation
>Cast: 7
>Mana: 14
>Range: 10 squares
>Area: See text
>Group: Offensive
>Duration: See Text
>Stealth: No
>Damage: See text
>You create a breach in barrier between dimensions and momentarily allow Say-Tyr to exert his power in the Prime Realm. Say-Tyr manifests as an eight-legged goat the size of a semitruck with white fur. His twelve horns are extremely elaborate and stretch well beyond the back of his body, and are decorated with tattoos and murals. Each of his high priests since the beginning of time has added one new picture to the horns. An shimmering orb of 5x5 squares surrounds him.
>Say-Tyr will not follow your orders and will do as he pleases. Attempting to command him or use any kind of conjuration-controlling spell will cause him to target you. Otherwise he will under nearly all circumstances charge in a line of 30 squares before disappearing. Nothing can stop him except terrain blocking effects that explicitly say they are immune to damage.
>Anyone caught in the line takes [Your Level x100]+2000 damage. They can roll a Physical Resistance check with a -65 penalty to halve the damage. Anyone caught in the orb that surrounds him takes half the normal damage and the resistance check is at -32.
>Additionally, Say-Tyr's bleating forces anyone caught in the orb to roll a mental resistance check with a -65 penalty. Success immunizes the target. Failure causes the target to become a goat. This is permanent but can be dispelled normally. If a target is turned into a goat and killed by the damage of this spell, he is permanently killed (in goat form) and his soul is claimed by the Bovidae Dimension to become one of Say-Tyr's harem. Deafness makes you immune.

Wicked sick.

...Fuckin' incredible

Give us more OP. Tell us how this work of mad genius functions.

>Say-Tyr
Oh my.

fucking incredible

... I love it.

Please tell me it's d20 based

>Stealth: No

You'd have to be a moron not to try this. And post the PDFs while you're at it.l

>Bovidae Dimension

You'd figure it'd be the Capra or Caprinae dimension. Bovidae is the family and is so broad that it covers a lot more than just goats. Then again, a separate dimension full of ibexes, goats, cows and such is funny as fuck.

Fuck yeah. This homebrew system sounds amazing. Make your character an adherent to/believer of Say-Tyr's almighty goatness.

Say-Tyr is a mighty god, but his grasp of taxonomy is fucking terrible.

Musk for the Muskox god!

DO NOT QUESTION THE MIGHTY SAY-TYR!

Is this whole thing.... a secret cow level joke?

mother of god

Son of a bitch he's a genius.

Well for one thing, you're getting that Spell. No two ways about it.

play this game
sounds fucking awesome

OP, deliver a PDF. Because this sounds both awesome, and as terrifying as that guy who used a program to actually make FATAL characters.

>that guy who used a program to actually make FATAL characters
what

The absolute madman.

What are the stats?, tell us more

Years ago, some guy found a way to actually make characters in FATAL. He somehow retained his sanity.

>he somehow retained his sanity
I don't believe you.

That's fucking sick

The harem took me by such surprise that I actually laughed out loud.

Time to make a devout follower of the MIGHTY SAY-TYR

The guys behind FATAL put out a simple command-line program to roll yourself up a character in short time.

I've tried manually doing it. It's not sanity-breaking, just really fucking dull.

invite me to the game, user

What

im not fucking with ya id play in a game that has this kind it spell. fucking amazing.

user please, do yourself a favor and take a seat at this guy's table. Either it will be a gigantic failure of monumental proportions with potential for infinite lulz or you might y'know, actually have a good time with a wellprepared homebrew setting. The guy obviously puts in a lot of effort and time into his setting.

And please whatever you do, whatever happens. Post those rule PDF's. Veeky Forums needs it.

This game sounds amazing.

Not Dogs in the Vineyard: well developed and simple-type amazing. More like E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy: what the fuck is going on, why are there so many goddamn stats, why is there a scope on the minigun, spells that teleport you inside people, and even though I got the true ending I'm still not sure what the fucking game was about but I had fun-type of amazing.

Definitely give it a few sessions.

Escape your cycles of guilt

Could you post the text of any more spells?

Because this is just so amazing, I've just gotta know more.

>eight-legged goat the size of a semi truck with white fur
Huh

OP here. Sorry, I didn't make it clear that the files are split into like thirty PDFs. Some are many, many pages and some are only one or two pages. Here's the stat doc because someone asked for it specifically.

smallpdf.com/merge-pdf

Not the most complex stat system I've seen, better than Eoris.

thank you

screencapping so future generations may know of this madness

Wonderful.

Thanks based user.

>ENS: Governs ethereal nervous system

Is this necessary?, sounds like the typical arbitrary magic stat that only works in magical situations.

>All those stats that are basically the same thing or could be easily merged into a single stat

Is your GM autistic?

>Physical Power: Strenght + Composture

???

>Is your GM autistic?
hi, i'm new to Veeky Forums, so i think i can bring some fresh perspective to this problem. yes, the guy who came up with this stuff is autistic, probably severely.

This is bait. It can only be bait.
Look at ALL THOSE USELESS STATS!

>remove dexterity and reflex, keep agility and alertness
>remove ENS
>rename Thought to Creativity
>merge Deceit and Presence with Charisma

better?

>Luck: Governs luck

>this whole thread
More. I need to see all of it. All the crazy shit this fucking madman thought up. OP, if you don't deliver I'll fucking crucify you.

I'd say that's good.
well aside from maybe the charisma thing, maybe merge them all into will or something like that, because of the fucking idiotic thing of folks still thinking charisma=beauty.

Guys. What if, we take his crazy... And add our own to it. Give him an expanded universe.

I'm so glad I only just started a campaign in a fresh homebrew setting with nothing much to go on. I am stealing this idea and nothing and nobody will stop me.

I'm pretty sure I have the program on my old hard drive

Being picky, I think that beauty shouldn't even be a stat, it should be a situational modifier. Also I would merge Luck into Understanding because I don't like the idea of a stat being "external" to the character, if a character is to bend his fate I´d rather manage it in a more personal way.

>Is your GM autistic?
Come on, the GOAT spell was enough of a giveaway.
Not because of the goat, or summoning a god and becoming part of his harem, or the cow dimension, but because of how many silly stats appear in the spell.
It's needlessly complicated.

How about we give him a better system instead.
If OP ever throws us the pdfs of the setting, maybe we can make the mechanics lighter and actually playable.
Cut away the shit, keep the mad genius, you know

We would need more info for that, it would be silly to try it with just the albino goat.

Post the whole spell list user

>Say-Tyr will not follow your orders and will do as he pleases.

Taxonomy is a false god anyway

Taxonomy is Theft

kek'd in Say-Tyr's name

>Each of his high priests since the beginning of time has added one new picture to the horns.
Say-Tyr allows his High Priest to decorate him? That's sweet.

Not gonna lie, iam stealing that idea about the horn decorating thing.

I highly suspect user wont deliver. This sounds too good to be true and just a means of generating (You) s

He already shared a pdf

It's only 1 page with nothing but statlist.

I for one would love to see the whole spell list.

>ITT: Retards get tricked into thinking the made up story in the OP is real and isn't just invented to get (You)s

this. OP needs to cough up at least 7 more spells or be deemed a faggot.

Wait. If Say-Tyr is the size of a semitruck like the description says, and is assumedly some ancient godlike entity, how is it that there's any room left for his worshippers to draw on his horns? It's not like he's Godzilla sized or anything, they'd run out of space pretty quickly after a decade or so.

Who gives a fuck, I want him to keep it up

One image per one high priest, of which presumably exists only one at a time,to go onto aspot on one of The Great And Mighty Say-Tyr's twelve hugeass horns which are longer than his body. I'd say they space runs out slower than you think.

Plus, noone said priests don't draw over the previous priests' images.

Nobody said Say-Tyr is actually an eight-legged goat that's as big as a semitruck. He just manifests his power in that shape and size for the duration, it's not like he physically steps through the portal created by the spell. Dude probably has infinity-sized horns.

Maybe he cycles through them like a chameleon changing color.

ITT: a few faggots actually care whether this is real or not, while everyone else enjoys it regardless

Maybe there isn’t always a high priest all the time. Or maybe Say’tyr gives his high priests incredibly long lives? Who knows.

IN THE NAME OF SAY-TYR THE ALMIGHTY POST MORE
THIS IS WONDERFUL

>Deceit: Governs ability to lie
>Charisma: Governs ability to persuade
>2 different stats that should literally be the same
Oh heavens, you're in for a wild ride. Go for it OP, I know I would.

I should get back too work on my home brew

We don't do this for OP, we do this for Say-Tyr, lord of the Bovidae Dimension!

So wait, what happens if two casters in different places cast this at the same time?

Heresy, obviously.

It is true that I killed my master. But I am not his murderer.

>Cut away the shit, keep the mad genius, you know
You can't restrain the mad genius.

The orbs move towards each other, collide, explode at 10x the size, and Say-Tyr now has an avatar on that plane.

>eight legged goat god
>named fukkin SAY-TYR
>charges motherfuckers for at least 2000 fucking damage in a system where i'm assuming triple digits is normal
>his screams turn them into goats to add to his harem in the BOVIDAE PLANE

Holy shit I'm jelly. I want a DM that would bust out a system like that.

>I won't scatter your crazy to the heartless boards
>We'll print rulebooks from your PDF's, and carry them to the table with us
>We are all homebrew