Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi Art

Post art, talk about settings, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWKtoJ9YdCx-CpiR5k4WOWCrBxN8JCzA2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lots of /m/ stuff gonna be here too, I'd imagine.

My group is starting a cyberpunk game (running The Sprawl). Any advice on background music? Geoff Barrow's Drokk is definitely on the list.

Lorn is on the playlist too. Bladerunner soundtrack, naturally. One of the corps is a vaporwave themed media giant, so lots of lo-fi hip hop like tomppabeats etc.

>no trigger
>using trigger discipline

The trigger is hidden behind the finger? Maybe?

We're doing a round-robin style DM thing while our usual DM works on classes. I'm up after the cyberpunk game, and I kind of want to run a game where everyone is starfighter pilots.

Or maybe not necessarily starfighter pilots, but mech jockeys and power armor users and all of that.

Does anyone know a system that does space combat good? Something tactical and quick, with plenty of support for ground ops, etc.

Would it be hard to hack the rules for another thing into something like d20 future?

Honestly I just want to play Rogue Trader, but nobody in the group cares about 40k and learning the setting is something they're not in to.

I could probably use the system, but IIRC fighters weren't given a lot of thought in the space combat system. And it's all very heavily 40k-ified in scale and time and stuff.

Is there any ship design as good as homeworld's? I think it's the best.

I could do entirely narrative based combat, I guess.

The ship design in both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous is honestly really good too.

I always liked this one. Reminded me of a cross between an a-10 and a ww2 bomber.

This one really puts the ship in space ship.

Another particularly maritime spaceship.

Less ship-heavy from here.

Is this just a less gothic terminator?

Is this just a techier Raven from MGS2?

Anyone know the sauce on this guy? It's obvs a space marine helmet hanging from his belt. Like a tacticool eversor or something?

Was DesertPunk good?

Techier Raven again.

Why am I on page five? Is it because there's only been three posters?

This looks like a homeworld ship fucked a robo-recall droid.

Hazmat suit or exposure suit or space suit?

Now I'm just seeing MGS people in all of this character art. This is totally The End.

The Fury?

Jesus, that last one says 21th.

>You

God, I crack myself up.

I fucking love this design so much.

I'm gay

Gay for robots.

Also gay for dudes, desu

Holy fuck, t b h turns into desu. I leave Veeky Forums for a couple years and this shit happens.

ACAB. Even cool robot cops.

I got diagnosed with tendonitis.

It's probably from a combination of bad posture and repetitive motion, jacking off, and work.

I ain't gonna tell L&I that it's from being a nerd, though. Gonna blame it on my job and get that sweet sweet money.

It hurts, though. I can't really type well or use a mouse well. Lost a lot of strength in my grip.

Also, my sleeping pills are kicking in. Hope you enjoyed the dump.

Nighty night, Veeky Forums

bump

It's good as hell. HW1 textures are still my main reference when detailing spaceships because it's just so well done, dated technical aspects aside.

Is there more like this? Budget drones built as minimalistic as possible. I always enjoy robots like this

Here's a playlist I cobbled together a while ago, somewhat broad selection with a heavy Detroit techno bent. I was a bit annoyed with all the synthwave recs in the cyberpunk threads, I find it's a really phony, plastic, fast food representation of genres that were around contemporary to cyberpunk's height, which are still being riffed on in a more refined and I think a respectful manner.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWKtoJ9YdCx-CpiR5k4WOWCrBxN8JCzA2

Is that a spaceship or a gun? Can't tell the scale.

>21th.
Twenty-oneth is a perfectly cromulent word, user.

If your setting doesn't have anything to do with space, and is completely limited to the goings on of earth, can it still be classed as Cyberpunk?

DUDE REGULAR SOLDIERS WITH COFFEE MACHINES AND EGG BEATERS INSTEAD OF HEADS LMAO

Why does this one need a second, smaller, magazine fed weapon when it already has one on his forehead that is bigger and is belt-fed.
Sure? You still have megacorps and the like right?

you know not every big guy with a minigun is vulcan raven from mgs

Yeah, megacorps are still there, but off planet stuff isn't a thing.

Absolutely, I had no idea cyberpunk even had to include space.

Bump

Well, I'm back from work, thanks for keeping the thread around. But I can't post images?

the site's borked
the great gook is at it again

Any opinions on Antares? I am close to pulling the trigger on one of the starter sets. The universe seems cool and I like the aesthetics.

His hand weapon isn't smaller than his head gun. Furthermore, the head gun looks to be conventional propellants while his rifle is a fucking 14.2mm railgun. Imagine if you could vomit bullets at your enemy in CQC just by looking at him, without even dropping your sniper rifle.

Im talking about the one below the for head gun, the one on his chin

forehead*

Traveller, to some extent, it's newtownina(you can leave the map if you accelerate too much), allows boarding actions and if I remember wer takes into account orbital artillery(ortillery).

But, if you expect a guide on ground operations in the space era thats much harder, we could have an autistic discussion about how it would play for several threads and still no one will reach a conclusion, the only thing assured is the sperging and the shitfest

Also, suposedly high frontier and Attack vector: Tactical are the pinacle of space of combat(the first one takes into account orbital mechanics the second one 3D space) never tried them myself though, and those are not really RPG oriented, they just simulate tactical situations.

Huh, right. I didn't note that. We sure it's a gun? Other tube shaped objects exist. Oh wait, what the fuck that's like a P90 mag there. Literally why. Less recoil? It's still retarded, I agree now.

my initial idea was that it was for small fleshy targets but why a magazine when a belt is so much better. Hell why a second gun to begin with.

Apparently because "FUCK intermediate cartridges" or something.

I'm no /k/omando, what's that?

The cartridges between a fully powered 1.000 meter range rifle bullet and a maybe 100 meters range pistol ammo.

Assault rifle rounds. Less powerful than rifle rounds, more power than pistol rounds, hence "intermediate."
7.62x51mm is full power..
5.56x45mm is intermediate.
9x19mm is pistol.

Pistol bullets tend to be fat and short, full power are longer and still big, intermediate is slimmer and longer. Also extremely relevant is the powder load. look at pic related, and look at the size of the cartridge after the bottleneck. As you can see the 7x62 NATO has a LOT more volume in there, and the bullet itself is more than 2x as massive (2.32 cubic cm vs 1.09 cubic cm). That extra powder load means that there's a LOT more energy behind it, but that means a lot more kick in the gun.

Basically the smaller, intermediate cartridge does almost a good a job at killing people at ranges out to around 600ish metres as the bigger, 'full power' one, and this is fine because once ranges get much longer than that you need marksman training. That was the logic anyway after WW2 when they realised that there was no point giving every soldier what was essentially a marksman rifle sans scope and then not training them to be marksmen. On top of that you can also carry more rounds (because they're smaller), and your gun kicks less. You can spray almost as well as a SMG when you're up close, but you can also reach out and touch someone from a pretty good distance. That's the theory anyway, but you can look up criticisms of the 5.56x45mm cartridge if you're interested in how that actually plays out.

i see, i just knew them as carbine rounds, thanks.
What about the pic we're discussing, that doesn't look like a intermediate cartridge to me, more like a pistol round.

Exactly, hence me saying that the name of the image should be "FUCK intermediate rounds". Because they're pistol (or maybe PDW) rounds. So you've got this big full power rifle, (or bigger gun) in the top of the head but with a short barrel, AND then you've got this little pistol round spray and pray shit in the lower part of the face. It's silly, and would be better with an intermediate cartridge that replaces both with one gun. So my conclusion is that the artist decided that intermediate rounds were for pansies or something.

so that thing is, at best a SMG.

>This ammount of metal
>Not genetically enhancing your body

Gee... is almost like you want to get hacked.

>he can't hack genetics
shiggy diggy doo, babby hacker poo

How could he get hacked if nothing is online/ nothing is wireless?

Easy

>Free upgrade packages

>anything free from the producer.
lol no, that would raise all the red flags

Yep. Which is stupid.

What's your favourite OICW, Veeky Forums?

I know right? Like people giving their account addreses to African kings.

Who would fall for such retardness?

Well there was that one guy...

>in the year 2220 people still need to be told that in fact the african lord is a scam.
Honestly i wouldn't put pass them but come on, in a megacorp world who would willingly buy that the super expensive cyber surgery and gene therapy companies would willingly give something out for free?

Just gonna post a couple. Thanks for keeping the thread alive, fellas.

There's some more post apocalyptic stuff in this batch, I was looking at world building for the Zoners, the folks that live in the toxic wastelands between the mega- and giga- cities.

One of the key features in our campaign is that there's corporate provided UBI.

With all of the advances in automation, there's actually not much in the way of jobs, but corps still need people to buy their stuff.

It's almost like life is Freemium. Yeah, your apartment is fully furnished and you can 3d print your food, but your fridge is gonna play an unskippable 30 second ad before you can open it.