/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Drives, archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link#response=ACYDBNj2LbRhNVKpjObhF8fXYm5WriLyT77gWd_eenwRvnaE8OHbsFefxMOKMA
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=vMtUT6orQEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do u know de way

fuck off

do you kno de way of de deval

go back to /b/ with your facebook tier jokes

they came from facebook, not /b/ tho

They need to just go back

Reposting OC from last thread

Both places are equally bad, so it doesn't matter
Dare I say, /b/ is still worse

Mortal progeny
Titan's might (12)
Mantle of Steel (21)
One Man Army (33)
Fist of God (43)
Colossus Hunter (54)

Nizek
Eyra

Horse (55)

Boss Monster
Always Read the Manual

I just want to be the strongman.

Why is the thread so fucking slow tonight?

>Your favorite CYOA will never get an update
Why even live?

Which one?

Slut Life.

A large storm just knocked out a lot of peoples' internet in the mid west

Worst expansion ever.

It's ok user, not everyone has good taste.

Midwest of what?

Really?
I had a huge ass lightning storm last night, which my roomie said should never happen in January, but I didn't hear anything about the rest of the midwest getting fucked.
Plus, it's like 8am for us. We're either in class, at work, or still asleep.

I think he's talking about Europe (mid Mediterranean?). Weird term, though.

Because of severe storms, all trains in Germany were out of order on thursday. Not a single line was serviced. Beyond that, our weather is generally chaotic right now ... temperature changes, snow, hail, rain.

midwest in the states. mostly up along the Mississippi. I was up around 2 in the morning, shit went from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds. It sounded like hail, but when I looked out the window it was just pouring really hard.

Weird for January, but weathers always weird in this area.

>>Wanted to post my new OC
>Hiroshima Nagasaki fucked up the site again

If you're getting connection errors while trying to upload files, try using the form at the top of the page rather than the pop-up one.

I'd been wondering why I couldn't reincarnate the Board Game General. At least maybe this knowledge will let me contribute images to extant threads.

What's weird for me is that it didn't flood this year.

Because you haven't made new content for people. Get Working!

Looks like the image servers are down at the moment (at least according to the blog, and considering how uploads keep failing).

It would seem images are fucked.
Time to make text cyoas!

Choose one;
>Kill yourself and be united with your waifu in a pocket dimension of your choosing

>Live a successful and fulfilling life, but die a semi-peaceful death while uncertain if any afterlife exists.

There's two weeks left until the submission deadline for the Collab. Anyone looking to practice their writing skills is encouraged to participate. Here's the form to fill:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehHHL4VYvb1KHZAKpn7a0rsCfvUUm3KgPxgvv8f1m47K58Cw/viewform?usp=sf_link#response=ACYDBNj2LbRhNVKpjObhF8fXYm5WriLyT77gWd_eenwRvnaE8OHbsFefxMOKMA

To peek at other submissions, go here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LVzngjkpPnJvUpLg2R_GAVOJV6CDvxlWG5irzz4j1As/edit?usp=sharing

Those who have submitted should check the next announcement for a follow-up on their city, especially if you do not expect to be contacted another way.

Submitter of Zlatbisa: I repeat, your descriptions are FAR TOO LARGE. I won't trim the word count for you, that's something you'll have to do yourself. Please edit your submission or resubmit, using the listed word counts above each question as constraints.

I was going to pick the first one but
>pocket dimension of your choosing
Even with my waifu and power to manage my pocket dimension as I wish, on the long run (eternity) this sound really utterly boring. I would probably end up going crazy

Well, I'm sure you could make a whole world and then make yourself forget you're big G.
Or just kill yourself again and be erased from existence.

Even better just delete your boredom

>he didn't think to choose a pocket dimension that lets him leave

I'm in absolute love with the Ugandan Knuckles meme.
Don't worry, I hate myself a lot.

Same.
Let us regret our lives together.
youtube.com/watch?v=vMtUT6orQEU

Thanks man.
Every time I think of Knuckles I start giggling uncontrollably.

Ok
You might have it a bit worse than me.

Best thread never before seen. The glory days are once more upon us.

can you imagine how awesome it would be if 90% of cyoag got banned

Maybe it's better that way. How pitiful.

Stop responding to yourself. If you think the place is shit either leave or fucking do something about it.
>inb4 it's too late to fix
Then leave.

(You)
What, do you think this is some kind of circlejerk? =)

ASCII waifu CYOAs when?

New Italics cyoa when? Magi Bloodlines when?

Pasille was one of the top wives of Pokemon Personified. She loves you unconditionally and wants to help you, even if you will never love her back. She's also a pretty good mother. Why would anyone not like or waifu her.

When you make it.

I'm not gonna lie.
This entire time I thought Pasille was another name for Pallas.
I was so fucking confused until I saw someone actually say she was a PPP+ bitch.

How about you, smartypants?

No thanks, I have nothing to gain nor any interest in making this for you.

>PPP+ bitch
The PPP+ bitches are pretty good bitches. Excpet the cuckqueen Decadence and Nihilego

Just wait till mid spring, I swear there's going to be at least a 25 year flood on the missouri/mississippi this year

how long is too long?

did yall find SK alright or was it too much stuff?

ITS THE END TIMES
THE END TIMES HAVE COME

SK?

I never even opened it.

starry knights

eight pages is really pushing it for me. I've liked ones that are longer, but it always is a little inconvenient.

So I take it 100 or so pages is too much?

ok so you can marry one (1) gf here you go:

>witch who lives in a cottage in the woods. she doesn't go out much, just gathers newts and weird mushrooms. has seen you a few times and thinks you're really cool for being normal and not like her and she wants to cast a love spell on you

>princess who spends her days reading books and lazing away in gardens, she thinks you're her doughty knight-errant type even if you won't admit it, wants to just talk about the world with you. open to threesome with yandere dragon lady

>high priestess of a spooky middle eastern sect, magicked you here with shadow demons. she will promise you infinite luxury. kinda just wants to lock you up in her room forever and I do mean forever

>tomboy waif from the street, this is the daughteru option, she has never had a father or mother before and she generally acts like a stray cat. if you lewd her the above three waifus will hunt you down and do terrible things to you

I managed to read about third of it, then gave up since I realized that I had already forgotten the earlier pages.

>this is the daughteru option
Fuck you. Tomboys are for loving both softly and hard.
The other three can suck my dick after I beat their asses.

I managed to read about third of it, then gave up since I realized that I had already forgotten the earlier pages.

I personally liked it and i would encourage you to ignore ADHD faggots

My patrician. Tomboy lewding is objectively the only acceptable choice. The other three will just have to do terrible things to me. And I'll like it.

Yes.

>if you don't like what I like you are [X slur]

Awww. That makes me sad to hear.
I hoped you at least liked that third of my autism.
Uhhhh. You okay user?
Did you a stroke?
Nyet. Those bitches wana fight, they'll get one.
FOR BLOOD AND TOMBOYS

Connection is being shitty tonight.

I read all of Starry Knights and even made a build.
A lot of pages is not a problem for me, but the whole magic + futuristic science plot is a bit too much for me. Sometimes I have to read several pages a lot to understand the mechanics and the plot

sk makes my pc lag if I scroll fast.Also, while it has a really high page count, the pages themselves are really short. It's still too long in my opinion, but mainly because a lot of choices don't have much depth. Lots of small choices make it feel a lot longer than it actually is. I know that some people like 1000 minute choices to fully customize their builds, but I just don't really see the point. Endless lists of skills, weapons just seem like bloat to me.

its just star wars in space :^)

>>witch who lives in a cottage in the woods. she doesn't go out much, just gathers newts and weird mushrooms. has seen you a few times and thinks you're really cool for being normal and not like her and she wants to cast a love spell on you
yes please

tomboy cyoa when?
Though I'm not even sure what that would look like really.

>microbes
Fuz
Coni
Ae
V300 Worker
>contracts
Wrangle Wild Microbes
Participate In Research

Every girl would be best girl. Nobody would know who to pick.

tomboy-cake best girl

Can advancement and magic adventure be combined t make a science-fantasy reality?

When you make it.

I'd like it to be more of a make your own tomboy than pick one of these tomboys

Build-a-Waifus are fucking gay though

Hell man, it can be whatever you want when you're the author!

I'm pretty sure every waifu builder so far has had some option in regard. The main issue is that they are incredibly generic - to the point that you can create the same kind of character in all of them. None of them really offer anything different (except for the genie one).
I feel like a tomboy builder would just fare the same fate. Unless you had something specific in mind?

Sorry, not that user, just mentioning a preference I have with waifu cyoas

If that other user doesn't want to do a build-a-tomboy-waifu cyoa though, I'll gladly take up the cause

I don't even know what its about. Someone needs to step up his marketing game if he wants me to even take a peek at something that big.

He won't, neither will you.

It got a fucktonne of (You)s at launch. I don't think he's a starving author.

check these five sixes

The Yandere builder is actually pretty good, indicating that focus might be what Builders need. And like the "Yandere" type there are a lot of ways you can go with the general idea of a "Tomboy" (especially if you lump Reverse Trap in)

I think the concept could be better served with a picker, though. Part of what makes Tomboys so good is that you want to connect with them on an intellectual level, as a person (seeing that tomboy is about interests and outlook as much as style), and I feel that particular need would be better served by having more fleshed out characters.

aaaaaaaa

Are there any good /cyoag/ related books on how to write characters? Going at it without any guidelines is kind of daunting to me. I've been searching for a design theory book for characters, but I didn't find anything that looked reputable.
Analyzing characters that I like hasn't really helped me much either, because I have been unable to really isolate any concrete qualities and they are too dissimilar for me to really spot any patterns (beyond the really obvious stuff). I'm not even sure if a reductionist approach is really all that appropriate for this.