BY THE EMPEROR

BY THE EMPEROR

>single line of essentially meaningless text
>spoilered OP image
What were you expecting to get out of this thread?

I never expect nothing

All I ever wanted was the truth

neither did your parents, and yet you managed to be a disappointment.

I think he's one of those 40kids who doesn't realize that 40k built its setting by ripping off better franchises.

In this case, he's probably excited because he thinks the Terran Empire of the ST mirror universe was named after the Imperium in 40k, or maybe he thinks that people with gold armor and laurels on their heads are a unique creation of GW.

kek

This.

Damn

idk

Horus say, "Heresy A-OK."

Or maybe none of that and he's just pointing out the similarities in jest, autist

What is this from?

Horus say, "Heresy A-OK."

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡤⠔⠊⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠢⣄⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠤⠒⠊⠉⠆⢀⢀⢀⠤⠤⠤⠤⢀⣓⣀⣉⣉⣒⠢⣄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡴⠁⢀⠐⠈⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⠄⠐⠂⢀⠐⢀⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⢀⠈⣆
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢇⢀⢀⠒⢄⢀⢀⢀⠄⢀⠒⢀⢀⠐⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠒⠒⠠⢸⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠸⡄⢀⢀⠈⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⣀⡀⢀⠘⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⠳⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢰⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠓⠼⠿⠿⠝⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⠿⠭⣉⡇⢀⢙
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠰⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢇⢀⢀⢀⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⢢⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⢀⢀⢀⠸⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠢⠄⢀⢀⠠⠤⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⠎
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⢀⢀⢀⠐⠘⠢⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡜⢀⢀⢀⠠⢀⢀⠈⠒⢄⡀⢀⢀⠑⠤⢀⣀⣈⡉⠕⠃⢀⢀⠇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠢⢄⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠜⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⠔⠁⢀⢀⢠⠊⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⡉⠉⠉⢏⠉
⠤⠒⠈⠉⠉⢀⢀⢀⠈⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠒⠒
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⠂

Empress thread yes?

Star Trek Discovery. Where the Mary Sue discovers that in the alternate universe, instead of being Spock's adopted sister, she's instead the adopted daughter of the evil empress who was her mentor in the normal universe.

To be fair she does look quite a bit like Emps, with the hair and the skin tone and the cheekbones you could cut adamantite with, even before you get to the armor

That show just keeps getting worse, luke they cant help themselves.

It is like watching a dm run a game where he has an original idea but his friends only like Sonic so he has to filter them through hedgehogs.

cause it's written for teens, I guess. had the same feeling while watching.

Literally everything I've heard about this show has been bashing it for being a nigh blatant cash grab that shits on the series. Is it really that bad?

So they utterly fucked their only chance to redeem their story by saying it took place in a brief interregnum "Let's try something else" phase of the Teran empire in the Mirror universe to explain why everyone is such a cunt.

I'm honestly more disappointed in the fact that OP is watching STD over the fact that he's one of Those Faggots who think EVERYTHING is a 40K reference

Well... the really cunty captain is actually from the mirror universe. And has been grooming Micky Sue, and not for command.

>really cunty captain
You mean the FUCKING WHITE MALE who's also the only one with anything approaching ethics and principles?

Nah, the only guys with ethics and principles went mad and into a coma thanks to self-experimentation and turned out to have klingon ethics and principles

I mean, previously the captain did send someone into a trap, hoping they'd be killed so that he wouldn't get questioned for having ptsd.

>Nah, the only guys with ethics and principles went mad and into a coma thanks to self-experimentation
And then got retconned into always being a faggot hippie high on shrooms
>the captain did send someone into a trap, hoping they'd be killed so that he wouldn't get questioned for having ptsd.
And yet he's still more ethical than the protagonist from the "good" universe

Oh, true enough.

Burnham's the worst character on the show. And she can't even vulcan right.

>And she can't even vulcan right.
And then they retconned ALL Vulcans to match her portrayal of Vulcan culture

I don't know about cash grab, but it gleefully (and intentionally, according to the 'creative' team) shits all over what Star Trek has always been about. Even if the recent twist leads back to a more traditionally utopian and less anachronistic Trek it will still be garbage because the main writer is Alex Kutzman, who is on the same tier as lindelof and orci and, by his own admission, can't write characters or dialogue very well.

Nice.

>it gleefully (and intentionally, according to the 'creative' team) shits all over what Star Trek has always been about
Sauce?

The prime universe Federation firebombed an inhabited planet, or so I've been told. That's pretty well shitting on it. It wasn't even Section 31, just the regular old Starfleet.

Not to mention that Gene Roddenberry's one sole guiding principle for Star Trek was that ultimately the crew must like each other and get along. That they may have arguments and the occasional falling out, but that they'll overcome and grow together for it.

STD, meanwhile, is a tangled mess of hatred, pettiness, insubordination, the occasional outright mutiny, backbiting, and fucking your own boss/psychiatrist.

I'd say I'm only a tertiary Trek fan but this seems like a really awful spinoff. Do they at least have the usual semi-serious single (sometimes double) episode perils to contend with? Or is it just thinly veiled modern-esque ship drama with the occasional alien appearance?

>Not to mention that Gene Roddenberry's one sole guiding principle for Star Trek was that ultimately the crew must like each other and get along.

That's not true. There was also 'Women must wear outfits that show off how good they look'. Not that STD really does that one either.

>'Women must wear outfits that show off how good they look'
>Implying the Men don't rock those outfits too

Clearly, this is an age of realism, where we must deal with unlikeable assholes both in real life and in our fiction.

Remember when she said that they had to refrain from killing that one Klingon in episode one, then she killed him anyways?

It's not even thanks to MUH REALISM, it's because it's written by Jews

Oh please, that is no barrier to actual writing quality. Mel Brooks was great at it.

I can't remember that. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened, it just wasn't a major thing.

Now, they did commit a massive warcrime in the second episode when they turned a Klingon corpse into a bomb, so they would fuck over the Klingons when collecting their dead.

>Now, they did commit a massive warcrime in the second episode when they turned a Klingon corpse into a bomb, so they would fuck over the Klingons when collecting their dead
Wouldn't that put anyone involved with a one way to getting a Court Martial in the Federation? That seems like an absolutely massive 'No No' for them. In fact haven't officers recieved Court Martials for less in previous series?

They have, yes, but this is STD, where the Federation is apparently fine with warcrimes of this nature and allows proven mutineers who start terrible interplanetary wars to become second in command of starships because reasons.

They probably blamed Micky Sue. She was already heading for court martial, and she'd be happy to take the blame.

>

This doen't even make me angry. Just sad. What's next, a Sopranos remake with a Latina main actress?

STD made me lose faith in any good adaptation of Star Trek ever coming back. I really wish they just allowed fan films again, that way we could get good ST stories

you should give the Orville a shot.
It fills that star trek void, TNG style.

I have, but there's problems I have with it. Each episode got better, but nonetheless each episode is hit or miss. A good example is the third episode with the single sex species. A lot of it seems like Seth was simply hitting beats that other TNG episodes did, when the situation they gave us could've been very interesting if they handled correctly. There are other episodes in which I get that TNG fix wholeheartedly, such as the primitive society on the generation ship, or the flatland episode. I'm glad that they got rid of the ex-wife character in the last episode, it was needed. I'm hoping that they also explore some of the themes that DS9 did, but at this point I don't have faith in the writers to do so. I'm waiting for season 2 to really get a good grasp on what I feel about it. In conclusion though, I think the Orville gets that Roddenberrian philosophy much more accurately than STD, in addition to getting the cinematography and costumes/sets right.

So were TOS and TNG.

Hell, according to /pol/, so was all media forever.

I thought that Klingons didn't give a shit about corpses, something about them being an "empty vessel". Why would they collect their dead?

STD changed that. Now, Klingons have corpse worship.

>Federation firebombed an inhabited planet
What? Pretty sure it was the Terran Empire

Not all Klingons, just the house of the priest guy who unified the houses of war

Man that cuts deep.

Theoretically the "Amazing defeat" this Sue will undoubtedly inflict on these Klingons will be why corpse worship will be seen as a weakling's obsession.