I... Uh... What?

I... Uh... What?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-42696986
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/19/met-to-review-all-ongoing-cases-after-second-trial-collapses
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/20/fears-30-rape-cases-could-collapse-scotland-yard-launches-review/
bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-42453405
cosmopolitan.com/uk/reports/news/a38930/appeal-ched-evans-rape-case/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jokes on you, I don't even work here.

who?

>you're fired from D&D
K, the lawsuit about all the earnings you owe me should be coming in soon.
Oh, you say you owe me nothing? Then same to you buddy, get your dick out of our business you turbofaggot.

remember to sage kids

literally who

Its pretty clear OP, Mike doesn't think women can handle math.

Mike Mearls. He worked on Tome of Battle in 3.5, became D&D Lead Designer in 2009, and has been lately promoted again to Creative Director.

He's a really big guy when it comes to DnD, and I think 4rries hate him for ruining the fourth edition with Essentials or some shit.

???

Slavs play DnD?

So the reason that 5E was released with about half the rules a completed product is meant to have along with threadbare, generic, copy pasta, forgotten realms lore was because women can't understand rules complexity and lore density?

Mike you sexist piece of shit...

What rules are missing?

Right here.

>threadbare, generic, copy pasta, forgotten realms lore
Hey faggot, you wanted everything that 4e introduced to the setting wiped away, right?

>lead developer

So what did he actually did?

I mean he's not *technically* wrong

4e introduced nothign to the setting. Points of light isn't a setting, it's a blank canvas for settign up random combats as you travel from town to town..

Slavs, at least ones I know, tend to respect women more then most americans and heck, they would probably not give a shit about women at the table.

What a patronizing piece of shit.

>Game requires thinking
>Thinking is hard
>Women therefore can't play this game

>Implying I play D&D

He lead the development

How do you gatekeep through lore density?

Also gatekeeping through rules complexity?
Isn't that just "know how the game is played or get out?", as in: knowing the basics?

What does any of this have to do with women?

The twitter screencap has kyrillic texts

>4e introduced nothign to the setting

Are we talking about FR? Because then this is factually wrong. Ask any of the FR autists.

Come on, it's not rocket science.

Women don't have the intellectual capacity or willingness to learn complex, abstract rules unless there is an instant reward. Complex, abstract rules act as a gatekeeping against women in tabletop RPG, and that's why you should be considerate of them and help them by publishing more rule lite games.

I quite agree with Mike on that one.

Just saying, you'll never hear this shit from a GURPS dev. GURPS is info-dense by design, so it will always be safe from women and chads.

His belief that women are inherently too stupid to learn the rules.

Who has a problem with women in tabletop?! I don't. Best DM I ever had is a woman.
Well, I've had a group who played masquerade. I knew the basics, read the corebook, played Bloodlines and stuff. And the group's been playing VtM and LARPing it for years. And yes, I had problems fitting into that group.

>4e introduced nothign to the setting. Points of light isn't a setting, it's a blank canvas for settign up random combats as you travel from town to town..

Right because there is nothing about the Dawn War, Bael Turath, Arkhosia or Nerath. It's fine to not like the setting but you can't really say it didn't have one.

>How do you gatekeep through lore density?

"You have to read these 350 pages about Elminster's escapades before you can make a character."

>Also gatekeeping through rules complexity?

"You have to read over these 350 pages about Monte Cook's escapades, before you can make a character"

I mean, this isn't a hard concept. The more you need to know in advance before you can really start playing, the higher the barrier to entry is.

Fuck you Mearls, you made essentials to try and tone down 'Rules Complexity' (See: Desperately appeal to the people who left for Pathfinder). You are willing to parrot whatever bullshit you want to try and sell D&D, you don't give a shit about women in gaming. The term is overused as hell these days but, yeah, Mearls is the definition of Virtue signalling as he's willing to say whatever he wants to try and come across as 'The good guy of D&D'.

How long before Mike is revealed to be a rapist?

I hate dnd, so I'm totally fine with it becoming the containment game for people who think gatekeeping is a bad thing. Let all the people who've watched a YouTube series or listened to a podcast all faff around in dnd, and I'll uplift the ones who are willing to try good games.

this tweet reads like a joke, dude can't even whiteknight properly

Too long.

Someone needs to take one for the team and get raped by Mike.Then accuse him.

2 months

"lore density" is a new SJW made up word?

It's a barrier equally high for men.

I don't think that's possible, Wizards D&D department has less than a handful of employees and Mearls is too afraid to leave his house.

"Revealed" is not needed. In this glorious age all we need is "accused".

Nobody said it wasn't.

Mearls is just saying that the same type of people who go "REEEEE NORMIES GET OUT!" and "REEEE WOMEN GET OUT!".

I dunno, I've been playing in FR since 2nd edition, and I couldn't tell you what all those metaplot characters have actually done other than vaguely exist. Never had a problem, since we never crossed paths.

Eh, it's not a wrong term. It's something FR has always had an issue, where there is simply so much established fluff that it's hard for new people to get into it without reading 4 entire editions worth of shit that happened.

Mind you, Mearls is also the guy who made FR the core setting and killed the 4e setting which was designed to be able to be easily got into new players so...yeah, the hypocrite can go get fucked.

The Company he works for actively defends paedophiles who served time in prison and you think being a rapist is enough to damage Mike? Fucking lel.

>ignoring the Forgotten Realms Players Guide
>ignoring the Neverwinter Campaign Setting
>ignoring the Eberron Players Guide

"Lore density", SJW for "eww, reading is hard".

Trips for truth

>rainbow coloured profile picture

Opinion discarded

I'd say something, user, but you got btfo'd already.
It's more "you must be this tall to ride because I say so".
You know a large gripe about FR is that to actually understand it, you need to catch up on 20 years worth of novels, Dragon Mag content, and splatbooks to understand why the conflicts are what they are and the politics involved.

I'm pretty sure this guy just called women stupid.

>a single guy slings accusations and we are supposed to accept it
>a single woman slings accusations and she is wrong and the man should be defended
Let's not get to your assertion that people who have already been thru the justice system must continue to be punished for crimes they were already punished for.

>You know a large gripe about FR is that to actually understand it, you need to catch up on 20 years worth of novels, Dragon Mag content, and splatbooks to understand why the conflicts are what they are and the politics involved.

Don't forget video games to understand why the fuck the god of assassins is back again after being conclusively killed.

Then use the same rules system in a more blank canvas setting.

We can at least all agree that Forgotten Realms is shit though, right?

>a single guy slings accusations and we are supposed to accept it
How about the court of fuckin' law slung an accusation and it stuck?
Also usually I'd agree on the whole continue to be punished for crimes thing but certain crimes suggest a pattern of behavior.
What you're basically saying is
>Look at this weak faggot, he doesn't even let known embezzlers look after all his money! Lel!

>work hard to virtue signal
>almost earned enough soy points to sleep in your wife's bed while DeShawn is at community service
>accidentally Freudian slip an obvious biological truth on twitter
>now I have to spend the next few days saying sexual dimorphism isn't real just to dig myself out of the hole

Exactly. The guy implies that women are too stupid to learn complex rules.

If the dude saved his term in prison and was deemed fit to return to society, he should be reformed and his crime absolved, right? That's how the criminal justice system abroad the pond works, right? You convict people in accordance with their misconduct and use their term to try and reform them?

Every time. Every fucking time some far-left idealogue SJW type gets into any position of power or importance, this shit happens. "Keep politics out of Veeky Forums" you say? Well which side is fucking doing this? Which side is fucking inserting their unwanted politics into products like MtG and D&D? Marvel comics found out what happens when they follow this to its logical conclusion. Hopefully the same will be allowed to happen with MtG and other SJW-infested Veeky Forums related products and companies.

>hurr de durr derp hurr derp both sides are bad/wrong

Okay tell me how many people work for WotC that have ever openly disagreed with progressive politics? Swap out WotC for any other Veeky Forums related company of your choice. If both sides are bad/wrong, then why are you okay with the far-left side always being the one invading and playing power politics?

This sounds like some kind of markov chain word salad.

Anyone else think Mike Mearls looks like he's packing a few extra chromosomes?

Welcome to /co/, 4~ years ago. Look what happened to them.

No I actually quite liked it. I've extensively used the NeverWinter Campaign Setting Guide which I converted into a 5E campaign to good success. Probably one of the best, most accessible campaign books I've ever picked up. Compared to say, the Sword Coast Adventures Guide, its a masterpiece.

4e honestly had pretty good GMing advice sections. I think a lot of it was oddly that 'We want to be mainstream' meaning they put a lot of work into basic GMing tips and tools that are often just assumed in GM sections

>Marvel comics found out what happens when they follow this to its logical conclusion
Your insignificant comic sales go to shit and you make billion dollar movies?
I think Hasbro would be pretty okay with a 90% sales decline of MtG if they get Avengers Tier movies.

>Some said something stupid on Twitter!
>f-fucking SJWs
>*several hours of screeching and shitflinging*

So
A nobody judges some "nerds" for "gatekeeping" and misoginy?
Nobody cares. Live your hobby, stop the drama please.

Which SJW marvel comic do you think would perform well as a movie? Or are you talking about the pre-SJW marvel franchise doing well in movie form? That's extremely embarassing for you.

Once again "creatives" declare war on their audience.

Isn't it time we took a stand?

>Which SJW marvel comic do you think would perform well as a movie?

Ultimate Spiderman? X-Men? I mean, X-Men has always been a series about minorities and their treatment. It's a very SJW series.

Considering he's established, I could see them giving Falcon the captain america role in the movies and it going well (You know, with better writing than the comics). The treatment and support of veterans after a war is a rather popular topic and he also draws heavily on that (Running veteran support groups and such).

We keep politics out of Veeky Forums because the alternative produces shit like "Racial Holy War", it's not worth talking about because it's so stupid on the face of it, so we all just end up circle-jerking each other to how stupid that shit is.
Even most people on the left think this shit is stupid because TTRPGs have always been pretty inclusive hobbies, so why have the discussion if everyone's more or less on the same side?

Is...is he saying women are too stupid to understand games with complex rulesets?

I wasn't aware that I needed their permission to play roleplaying games or to discuss them?

>I think Hasbro would be pretty okay with a 90% sales decline of MtG if they get Avengers Tier movies.
Hasbro would but the people working at Wizards wouldn't, the comic division of Marvels is pure unadulterated suffering.

Why do you think Spiderman and X-men are SJW Marvel franchises?

What happened to sales of established franchises once they took a hard left SJW turn in comic form? Why don't you think the same would happen in movie form?

So a Captain America movie where Captain America is a nazi and there's 90 minutes of SJW horseshit is going to be well received?

It's fucking amazing how deluded SJWs are about how much support they have. Hint: you are a very tiny group and the majority of people are now fucking tired of you and your shit.

>because the alternative produces shit like "Racial Holy War"
I'm fine with it. A shit product gets released, a handful of people buy it, and we get a scan/PDF to laugh at.

>So a Captain America movie where Captain America is a nazi and there's 90 minutes of SJW horseshit is going to be well received?

What part of 'With better writing than the comics' did you miss? The core idea of Falcon inheriting the role of Captain America is good but Secret Empire was shit.

>Isn't it time we took a stand?
Why? That would imply they hold a position worth fighting for.

Depends; here in the UK because the Crown Prosecution Service was told to get more rapists in Prisons, it's been instructing Police forces to do anything to get more people convicted; this has led to a wide spate of court cases where it's been revealed the Police and CPS have deliberately been withholding evidence that would prove the accused's innocence in order to secure conviction. This has happened to people who have been convicted and spent years behind bars, people undergoing trial at the moment, etc.

So, no, I don't trust the law to be frank.

this isn't particularly hard to understand numbskulls

he's saying that typical (male) nerds who are insistent on keeping people out of the hobby (mainly women) tend to do it through rules/lore density because they don't want women/trans people/whatever in the hobby

>this SJW marvel comic was shit and poorly received
>if they stopped doing the thing that makes it shit, then it would be well received as a movie

HINT: THE THING THAT MADE IT SHIT WAS THE SOCIAL JUSTICE.

is mearls mad because of the Reddit post that had a couple of people shitting on their new hire?

>TTRPGs have always been pretty inclusive hobbies
Brogressive as fuck

It's true. Neckbeards are horribly bitter and resentful against women. I wonder why.

>Why do you think Spiderman and X-men are SJW Marvel franchises?

Becuase X-men has always been about SJW issues? It's about minorities, how they are treated by society and how they are perceived. I mean, Ian McKellen took the role of Magneto due to the homosexuality message in it. It's represented over the years:

>Racially disliked minorities
>Homosexuality
>Transexuality

I mean, it's most iconic villain is a guy who was in German death camps due to what he was and carries that analogy about him to every single thing mutant and how they are treated. It's a very SJW series.

Me too, shit's hilarious.
So why do people make a big deal out of this shit?
Laugh about the inclusion of the progressive shit and move on rather than people getting all autismo on it, same as you would for something on the other end of the spectrum.

I don't understand Veeky Forums, why can't we all just laugh at all kinds of extremism rather than take it seriously and kick up a fuss?

>boy I sure do hate twitter/tumblr/Reddit
>that's why I spend most of my time browsing them looking for things to hate
>look what I found guys please reeee with me

So Falcon being Captain America wouldn't be SJW if you scrap secret empire? At this point I'm not entirely sure what SJW means with characters at this point.

I'm genuily interested in source on that, it seems pretty bad.

The difference is the people producing 'Racial Holy War' set up their own company to publish and print it and don't try to take over existing large companies to radically change the culture or enforce what they see as good ideology on the settings and players.

If Varg was a major figure at WoTC and was pushing far right ideologies, then you'd have a point, but he just set up his own company to publish.

>X-men has always been about SJW issues

I don't remember x-men being about hating white people, worshipping anything non-white, worshipping women and advocating for marxism while labeling anyone who disagrees with any of it as being a nazi. Yes, that is exactly what social justice is.

D&C?

So "having content" is gatekeeping now?

That attitude explains so much.

You can't even tell any more what he's referring to because 90% posts on r/rpg and r/dnd are roasties complaining about some perceived slight.

it's time to go back to pol

bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-42696986

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/19/met-to-review-all-ongoing-cases-after-second-trial-collapses

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/20/fears-30-rape-cases-could-collapse-scotland-yard-launches-review/

bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-42453405

cosmopolitan.com/uk/reports/news/a38930/appeal-ched-evans-rape-case/

>That's how the criminal justice system abroad the pond works, right?

Only on paper.

In reality shit got privatized. Why would they want to reform anyone? They get paid per prisoner and repeat customers are the backbone of any service industry.

GURPS is also garbage, which is a shame

Well for once the thread started on politics so we may as well keep it here so it doesn't go on other better threads

>I think Hasbro would be pretty okay with a 90% sales decline of MtG if they get Avengers Tier movies.
Lol, as if that would ever happen.