/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

“The psychological trauma of living with what one has done to one’s fellow man may represent the most significant toll taken by atrocity. Those who commit atrocity have made a Faustian bargain with evil. They have sold their conscience, their future, and their peace of mind for a brief, fleeting, self-destructive advantage.”- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman “On Killing”, Section V Chapter Five Page 224. 2009 Revised, Back Bay Books / Little, Brown and Company, New York

Blood for the Blood God Edition

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lexicanum:_To-Do_List
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/
malignportents.com/story/to-truly-excel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for the mother of hope no more!

I paint de miniadute and then i pot id on da tabul!

Awe, can baby not post his dumb wojack image. Kek. Piss off kiddo.

>Kek

1. Seraphon - Thunderquake - WWW, 6000
2. Soulblight - Blood Knights + 2 VLOZD - WWW, 3660
3. Tzeentch - Changehost - WWW 2740
4. Ironjawz - Stronglifts 5x5 Brutes - WWL, 5380
5. Tzeentch - Tzaangor Coven - WLW, 4420
6. Stormcast - Skybourne Slayers - 4320
7. Soulblight - 9x3 Vargheists - WLW, 3700
8. Tzeetch - Tzaangor/Horror mix - LWW, 2800
9. Nurgle - Tallyband - LLW, 5180
10. Khorne - Council of Blood - LLW, 3130
11. Death - Zombies - WLL, 2860
12. Ironjawz - Gordrakk + Ironfist - LWL, 2820
13. Skaven Pestilens - LWL, 2190
14. Order - Phoenixes - LLW, 2020
15. Death - Skeleton soup - WLL, 880
16. Fyreslayers - 2x30 Vulkites - LWL, 760
17. Stormcast - Vanguard soup - LLL, 2450
18. Fyreslayers - 4 Magmadroths - LLL, 1330

phoenixes finally confirmed shit tier meme list

>kek
>>>/orc/

>Soulblight - 9x3 Vargheists
The absolute MAD MAN. Though isn't this essentially just the horde version of the Deadwatch meme list from FEC where it's Ghoul King, Varghulf Courtier, Infernal Courtier, and 21 crypt flayers?

Asking my questions about Bretons again. Do you think they will come back as a new faction? !Steampunk knights?

Also ranting again about GW literally trying to erase anything thats not their current money maker. They're way too scared of people not buying the latest minis. Just leave the old minis alone GW. No reason to purge any trace of them from your websites.

test

they will come back.
the question is when. and how.

No, Bretonnians are not coming back, not now and not ever. Honestly, TK have a higher chance of coming back, and even that isn't going to happen. Any army that's just historical minis is going to be told to fuck right off and replaced with over-designed moronic shit that GW can ensure you buy their plastic crack for.

The best you can hope for is that you'll get some new cavalry when they rework Freeguild.

It's basically the same thing but with different allegiance abilities.

FEC really struggle against a meta with high bravery while this kind of Soulblight doesn't care about enemy bravery. With daemons (Tzeentch, Nurgle, Seraphon, Khorne) and death being super popular it's a good meta choice to go Soulblight instead.

They still have current rules with points though.

Bretonnian sculpts look really bad compared to their new stuff
They should have cut a lot more of the older sculpts, like zombies and fell bats.

You can still play Brets. They have rules and points and are actually decent.

How new are you?

`Anyone else not able to upload pictures

Yeah but thats what I meant with Steampunk Knights. Maybe they're just reworking them into something that does work in the mixed setting of Sigmar? I mean, look what happened to dwarfs.

Works on my end ;)
Wednesday

can a nurgle player bring anything that can give him a chance to win against a seraphon list?

Some people have suggested that regular chivalric knights are not High Fantasy enough for sigmar
They cut the Reiksguard knights, which could have easily fit into the Freeguild aesthetic

Its possible they are going to re-introduce a Knightly faction at some point in the future. It's also possible they won't, since it kinda overlaps with the Stormcast.

The Lexicanum needs help getting everything up to date. Join today and help us!

What kind of Seraphon list? Theyre a very diverse army

Seriously quit this. Nobody wants to help you. Go away.

Yeah, but that wouldn't have anything to do with Brettonia. Saying that the KO or the Fyreslayers have anything to do with the Dawi of the Old World is a laff. There'd be nothing at all linking them to Brettonia besides, what, riding horses?

I want Morathi and her lewd aelf army

usually two bastilodons, three units of saurus knights, and then some saurus guard with astral/starpriests holding his backline. he ties me up with his global teleporting behemoths, charges me with his cavalry, and uses his infantry to hold his objectives, usually with the formation that beefs them up if they dont move

>two bastilodons
Throw a bunch of hit debuffs onto whichever one has mystic shield and then ignore it. Kill the one without mystic shield.

>three units of saurus knights
No rend and low basic movement for a cavalry unit. If they march to double their move then they can't charge. Hit them with any kind of Rend-2 attack and they won't have a save.

>some saurus guard
Spam mortal wounds into them. Guard are a shit tier unit because of how weak they are to mortal wounds.

>he ties me up with his global teleporting behemoths
How? He has to teleport >9" away from you

Use your faster units like bloat flies to get onto objectives. Saurus are really bad without the right heroes leading them.

Spawn trees as you move up. They block line of sight, useful for hiding your heroes.

If you can make it to melee you should win

Sure, just as soon as it gets its own page and not a part of the WHFB lexicanum

Hey guys, anyone here experienced with Beastclaws? I was wondering what a typical 1000 points list looks like.

What are you missing?

thanks, ill try to remember this for next time i play

>attached file of a dumpster fire

Here is a list of things that we need to work on.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lexicanum:_To-Do_List

Info from the Novels and characters are also important.

I just played a game with a friend who had 1000pts of BCR, he had a Huskard on thundertusk, Stonehorn beast riders 2 mournfangs and 4 froste sabers

im my circle theyre top tier. we have a dwarf player, nurgle demons, a beastclaw and a seraphon, and he regularly takes victories

Hammerers or Warriors for Dispossessed battleline?

Warriors. Make sure to go GW+Shield.

So I recently got some brets. The original king on mount. 2x 8 man knights of the realm and 5 grail knights. (8 empire knights as well) most of them from the 5th/4tg ed boxes. how good/bad is it.

How good are tzeentch Daemons? Are chariots necessary? They seem fucked, model wise. I like horrors and Flamers and junk

Tzeentch daemons are good. Chariots aren't necessary, you can convert the one in the SC box into a herald on a disc, an exalted flamer, some blue horrors, and some screamers.

Is it better to take Hammerers or Warriors as Dispossessed battleline?
Also fuck /b/ for uploading heretical material.

Check my Dispossessed list and let me know if it's halfway decent. I might pick up some skull pass thunderers and Warriors on the cheap. Plan for 1500 is to add a Cannon, an engineer, another block of warriors and a knight azyros.

Allegiance: Tempest's Eye
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Runelord (80)
20 x Warriors (160)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Longbeards (120)
- Great Axes & Shields
20 x Thunderers (240)
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun
Helblaster Volley Gun (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 72

This thread is dead during US evening. This country should be ashamed. This hobby should be gloriously popular in the land of war.

I wanna start Beastclaw Raiders. Ideas for a cool theme or colour scheme? From a certain realm maybe?

How should I build my first two beasties? I'm thinking a Stonehorn Lord and a Thundertusk Huskard.

/aosg/ I'm reinvigorating my old skaven collection, but it doesn't translate into a full AoS army. I've got a screaming bell, plague furnace, 40 plague monks, 60 clanrats, 40 stormvermin, 2 doomwheels, a hell pit abomination, 2 warp lightning cannons, and an unbuilt verminlord. I have a shitload of random gribblies I used to use as slaves too but they don't seem to translate to anything.

The lack of GHB stuff for verminus makes me sad. But what do you think I should go with for aos?

>phoenixes finally confirmed shit tier meme list

i dont know familam that phoenix list you described is way different than the good one that won the GT

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/09/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-grand-tournament-the-winning-army/

good job on the win though...

Americans play 40k

/aosg/ I'm reinvigorating my old skaven collection, but it doesn't translate into a full AoS army. I've got a screaming bell, plague furnace, 40 plague monks, 60 clanrats, 40 stormvermin, 2 doomwheels, a hell pit abomination, 2 warp lightning cannons, and an unbuilt verminlord. I have a shitload of random gribblies I used to use as slaves too but they don't seem to translate to anything.

The lack of GHB stuff for verminus makes me sad. But what do you think I should go with for aos?

GUO weapons - is the knife really that much better than the flail?

Warriors or Hammerers for Dispossessed battleline?

>Tfw painting while waiting for class to start

Tzeentch Daemons are cool.
Pink Horrors really stand out for their ability to act as a high wound spell caster. They're well suited to act as a 10 man distraction/chaff unit or 30 man tarpit (they pair well with Blues and Brimstones in this regard might I add).
Screamers are good at grabbing objectives and various monster hunting.
Flamers and Chariots really shine, as you'll eventually reach a point where you really don't need too many spellcasters due to the rule of one and all. They can have some solid damage to 'em. I recommend not taking the Exalted Flamer on foot, as everything he can do a standard unit of Flamers can do better paired with their nifty ability to respawn. Chariots are awesome in the sense of their high mobility.

Hope I helped.

Probably due to Veeky Forums being shit today to some degree.

You have the good starts of a Skryre army, so I would go with that. Grab some Stormfiends and roll a million mortal wounds.

Always take a 20-30 man brick of warriors to start, then a squad of 10 longbeards to be bodyguard for your Runelord/King. After that you can add whatever you want, but those are mandatory basically.

Yeah what's up with Veeky Forums shitting the bed so hard, even the upload servers are janked.

That sounds pretty cool, they're the one daemons that I'm a big fan of. Not so much Tzaangors, but you can't win every fight. They sound extremely glass-cannon though. Nothing really has staying power aside from Split with the horrors, but they do sound pretty fierce from a 'fireball slinging madmen' perspective.

I am interest.

Since this thread is slow as bunk, how does this Tzeentch starter list look, based off the Start Collecting box?

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Soul Burn
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (180)
3 x Screamers Of Tzeentch (120)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 54

>Since this thread is slow as bunk
the chans is broken right now and has been for at least the last 12 hours or so on and off

if this even posts I would be surprised.

How is the current meta /aosg/? SCE BCR and tzeentch keep being top?

Anyone else think that the Rictus clans would make a great mortal faction for death? I just started reading the undying king and they seem pretty neat. You could have 1 kit of basic living clan troops with handaxes or maybe a shield wall, elites of undead troops, and a bunch of heroes. Maybe the faction abilities could be synergistic based on the proximity between units of mortals and undead? Plus it'd be a good way to add a new faction that can ally with skeletons and ghosts without just redoing one of them and neglecting the others

Can someone explain how big terrain is supposed to be? Specifically sylvaneth wyldwoods, but also in general.

The warscroll just says up to 3 trees within 1” of each other. Do I have to buy citadel trees to make these things?

I played a token game with my sylvaneth SC! and my brothers seraphon set and the woods were the only thing that kept units alive/did damage any real damage. And the summon woods/teleport through them thing seems important as well, especially if I’ve got multiple tree lords placing these woods in bigger battles. So I feel like I want to have a bunch of these things to put on the table. Do I need to buy a few dozen citadel trees in addition to my full army?

Anyone know how big the tree bases are supposed to be?
Do I just drop three of these arbitrarily sized trees on the table, draw a perimeter and that’s the woods?
Or do I measure from an individual tree to see if units are in range of the woods effect?
Can I just make a bunch of little groves with 3 trees and plunk them down?

How big should some non-wyldwood woods be?

Can someone explain how big terrain is supposed to be? Specifically sylvaneth wyldwoods, but also in general.

The warscroll just says up to 3 trees within 1” of each other. Do I have to buy citadel trees to make these things?

I played a token game with my sylvaneth SC! and my brothers seraphon set and the woods were the only thing that kept units alive/did damage any real damage. And the summon woods/teleport through them thing seems important as well, especially if I’ve got multiple tree lords placing these woods in bigger battles. So I feel like I want to have a bunch of these things to put on the table. Do I need to buy a few dozen citadel trees in addition to my full army?

Anyone know how big the tree bases are supposed to be?
Do I just drop three of these arbitrarily sized trees on the table, draw a perimeter and that’s the woods?
Or do I measure from an individual tree to see if units are in range of the woods effect?
Can I just make a bunch of little groves with 3 trees and plunk them down?

How big should some non-wyldwood woods be?

theres an actual kit for the Wyldwoods.
If you want to use something other than a non citadel Wyldwoods as a Wyldwoods, it would have to be the exact same shape and diameter

Hold the fuck up. How did soulblight do so well?

>13
>Skaven

Almost certainly on purpose.

>lewd elves
>age of sigmar

pick one

>tell myself I'm never gonna be a soymar faggot and that the end of whfb will be the day I'm finally free from buying overpriced plastic minis with shitty onesided ""literature"" surrounding and stupid game rules attached to them
>live a carefree life
>see bugqueen aka the best model you never knew you needed
>suddenly THAT feeling is back
Damn it, how do I fight it? Or do I give in? But $130 is quite heavy... Not to mention that I don't have any paints or anything anymore as well.

Should I do it or combat GW and its jewery?

at the top in no particular order:
sce aetherstrike, vanguard wing cheese
fyreslayers, KO, tzeentch, murderhost, seraphon
arguably: some mixed chaos, some mixed order, sylvaneth, bonesplitters

bcr is literally dead last for battletome armies.

If this is the thread you chose to ask then you already know your answer

Don't be mean

thicc queen riding stag beetle the size of a tank is sweet

If I'd make a new thread, everyone would just shit on GW and/or AoS, that much I know as well.
At least here people could say that maybe AoS is not worth it in its current state, or that they own the model and yes, its terribly overpriced and the quality is shit, and you shouldnt do it etc.

Are Longbeards a unit you just sprinkle through your army or are they actually useful as a battle line?

Thoughts on the Casket of souls?

I pick Mystweaver Saih naked.

Is the Spoilpox Scrivener a good hero? I like the model and it’s lore.

unless your female or gay, why would you want a model of a naked dude?

I hope that GW does replace brides and demonetts with some real nice models. their plastic models look worse, then metal ones from 15 years go.

The mistweaver is female you fucking gimpmonkey

I swear to God am not trolling, I was sure it was a dude. Is the other one female too?

I think playing too much malifaux, made me look for different things in female models.

Knights Excelsior gonna Excel.
malignportents.com/story/to-truly-excel/

(the concept art was male though; GW designers once again meddle with a blanche concept)

really GW, the purging of stratholm, didn't you have better stories to copy?

oh my god...
this. is. beautiful!

I think the no face thing should have tiped me off, my bad. GW can't sculpt female faces, and their males are not much better.

Hello blood elf fag

Sigmar's Deathsquads burn another of his own villages. Is this a surprise, anymore? Join Nagash.

Hail the Rattlebone Prince! Hail the Undying King!

Seriously. People keep thinking Sigmar is a good guy, when Manfred of all people pointed out otherwise in Mortarch of Night by Reynolds. This isn’t news, people shouldn’t be surprised.

Hail Nagash! At least he won’t bar the gates!

>copying the best part of Warcraft
Based

*angers in rattling*

Or, you know, the Massacre of Magdeburg...

Literally what?

*check out*
You are hilarious, do you really think they did go and copy Warcraft? LOL. This is just your average: they are tainted, KILL THEM ALL! story. Warhammer had tons of them, like the city that was burnt with its inhabitants included for, allegedly having seen a skaven.

Same pattern:

Nurgle attacks

Sigmar purges

Regular dudes turn to death

I want to get into AoS and I think the Sylvaneth army looks pretty cool, any recommendations on how to get started?

I have nothing more to say

Buy tons of wood

Get some dryads for chaff and battleline purposes, potentially with a branchwych for shield spam. That’s it, that’s your taxes. After that, go for whatever suits your play style.

Nagash is all

It's cool and from the coolest faction

Nagash is a dick, regardless of setting

Anyone think of a cool way you could combine free peoples and sylvaneth? I want to do a living city army.

the only freeguild units you should bring are shooting units