Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

FAQ rules out deepstriking primarchs. Also new Thousand Sons faction focus.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=AOjoUfvstkQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_modified&order=desc#items-warhammer-40000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for the steel legion.

2nd for the steel legion

ITT: we reach 40k posts :^)

How do we fix Necrons?

Seems like the end times are still happening, it's difficult to post still

my dudes > your dudes

What's that Cthulhu looking thing in the background?

It's also difficult to ram your sister in the ass, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up

Same way as Sister of Battle :^)

mutalith vortex beast.

First for orks

Especially difficult considering I don't have a sister.

Guess your next post is about how you're gonna do my mom to make sure I have a sister first in that case.

Bring back Pariahs

I am gonna have hot homo sex with your dad and let him cum in my ass!

How do I make a good daemons list?
Like, what are good tactics?

It seems 20 duders and herald is a good idea.
Khorne drops 20 bloodletters and a herald to give them reroll charged for that first turn action.
Nurgle drops 20 plaguebearers and a herald casting a power on them for a -2 to hit meatwall that’s happy to sit there until turn two.
Tzeentch drops 20 horrors and a herald, casting a power on them to give their 60 s4 shots +1 to wound.
Slaanesh... is an eternal disappointment as always and can do nothing good.

Looking to rejoin 40k and need advice.
I'm really taken with the 'screaming hordes of goons, rallying around big icons, while monsters stride around them' type army. Real end-of-the-world uprising style.
So basically between GSC/Nids or Renegades/Daemons.
At the same time, I really want to use Stratagems and mobility to win. Things like out-of-sequence movement, sudden lunges, teleportation n shit.

Which faction would I have a better time with?

>i2

Have you tried adding more Space Marines?

> I2!

Why can't i post pics

This Thread is a duplicate.

Get in there

>duders
Mwg get out

I'd say demons, cooler minis and more variety if you want to change it up

Both would work fine for what you describe, though GSC has the cult Ambush Table which is much more random and varied. Daemons tend to be more predictable where and how they arrive.

Toss a coin and then see which one you really want.

this one is older and was posted first.

No, you get in here

What are you on nigger? I've updated the thread with the newest warhammer community thing.

Yours has shitty memes as the daily video and outdated community news.

No this was posted first

I haven’t much, is it a good combo? They’re so expensive if I add some they take up my whole list.

I wanna play pure daemons

Don't use the n-word, please!

>t.nigger

9th edition power creep.

warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_modified&order=desc#items-warhammer-40000

Demon/CSM/DG FAQ updated.

>Brimstone nerfed to 6++
>Many units that were demon now have it has a basic keyword and not a faction keyword, and hence can't be taken in an all demon arm/use their stratagems.
>Magnus/Throne of skull can't deepstrike anymore with demon stratagem

MODS

Global Rule #3 though

Brimstones were already nerfed to 6++ in the daemons codex. Makes sense they updated the profile for older codexes.

The rest is just patching up the issues raised because GW didn't include
>Strategems can only be used on stuff from the same codex
in the rules.

Wait. Custodes get Imperial Knights, too? SpikeyBait mentioned it in a post this morning but that seems a bit too much.

Hahahhahahahhahahah. Transport disembarking summoning is still alive.

So I am having trouble beating nids with orks. Every nidbro runs 4-6 biovores, has them do a shimmy on their turn so they are hitting on 5s only, then cockblocks my movement. What the fuck can I do. I cant out shoot them, most have switched to dakkafexes with venom cannons and 12 other shots each, and if you DO get close, genstealers out of fucking no where to eat your assault units. HALP!

Any predictions on the Imperial Knight codex release date and content ? Knowing my luck it will be second to last, right before Deathwatch.

Here's hoping for solo Knight rules that compensate the lack of models with new options for MY GUYS. Perhaps the chaos knight datasheet with the different configurations having separate names and a name for a twin-gun knight.

>Brimstones were already nerfed to 6++ in the daemons codex.

yeah, but those that got nerfed are an another unit with the same name.

In 8th, only index units get overridden. Demons Codex Brimstone are NOT CSM codex brimstone.

See also : Guard Techpriest and Admech techpriest. Admech techpriest even have one more special rule.

What exactly do you mean? They can ally them in just like everyone, yeah

nigger have you SEEN the flowchart?

This might be obvious, but in a Chaos army, do Daemon characters receive the locus, if it's fully dedicated to one god?

Could I in a brigade for instance, use both Noise Marines and Daemonettes and a herald and still get it, or do I need a pure Slaanesh daemon detatchment to get the locus?

How do you call people from Nigeria?
Niggers that is how

god that rule is such cancer

You need a full daemons detachment. Noise Marines can't be in such a detachment, though they could be in your army still under a different detachment.

>669
nice

but yeah you need the CSM in a different detachment, you need full daemons for the Locus

They're in a codex, you've been lumped in with AdMech

Yeah. Have you ?

Reread it. Only index unit get overwritten. Any unit that get a codex = you can use it's dataslate.

Hence both guard techpriest and admech techpriest are different units, costed and gearded in their own codex, but both can take gear options from the Index techpriest.

They got coverage in the admech codex. If they get another supplement it won't be until the very last unless it comes bundled with other small books

First for Adeptus Sororitas

>Glad I painted my new minis, can't wait to show my progress to those faggots on /40kg/
oh..

Eh, post anyway, I'm certainly interested

They will get their own codex sooner or later, already had an update as a separate army in Chapter Approved.

Can't post images bro

I can't, Hiroshimoot accidentaly the whole chan.

post ascii

>both can take gear options from the Index techpriest.

Does he have any? I'd like to vary my Admech HQs up a bit.

>Knight sized, if not bigger
Why? Magnus's mini in HH wasn't nearly as big. Being a Daemon Prince doesn't mean you should be FUCKHUGE.

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣄⢀⠠⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣤⣙⣿⣿⣾⣷⣄
⢀⢀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄
⢀⢀⠜⣿⠙⣹⡻⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⢀⠍⠙⢿⡟⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⣴⣾⠃
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠈⢀⡤⢲⣾⣗⠲⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠻⢿⣿⣿⡿⠃
⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⢙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢀⠰⠁⢰⣾⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⡀
⡇⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣇⢀⢀⠙⠷⣍⠛⠛⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⠋⠉⢀⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⢀⡟⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠦
⠰⢀⠻⣿⣿⣿⣧⡙⠆⢀⣀⠤⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣧⢸⢻⣿⣿⠿⢿⡆⠁⠠⠠
⢀⢀⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣷⣖⠋⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⠏⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⢸⣿⣆⢀⢻⣿⣆⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣷⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡒⠉⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢈⣴⣿⣿⡿⢀⡿⢀⢻⣿⣆⡈⣿⣿⠂⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⠄⢀⢀⢀⠈⢀⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⢀⣡⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⣄⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⣠⣾
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢹⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠢⣤⣄⢀⢀⣀⠠⢴⣾⣿⣿⡿⢋⠟⢡⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⡄⣿⣿⢂⠐⢀⣤⡾⡟⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠸⢀⠘⠿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣹⣿⣀⣀⣀⣀⠘⠛⠋⠁⡀⣄⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢀⣿⣿⣴⣾⣿⣭⣄⢀⢀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠛⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⢀⢀⢀⣡⣾⣿⣿⣿⡟⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣤⣶⣿⡿⢛⢿⡇⠟⠰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡿⢉⣭⢭⠏⣿⡿⢸⡏⣼⣿⢴⡇⢸⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢰⣿⣿⣿⢃⣶⣶⡏⠸⠟⣱⣿⣧⣛⣣⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠈⢀⢀⡼⠉⠉⠉⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⠟⢻⡿⡉⣷⣬⡛⣵⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡯⢀⢀⠴⠋
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢰⠘⣰⣇⣿⣿⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡷⢺⣿⠟⣩⣭⣽⣇⠲⠶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⢐⡈⣿⣷⣶⠎⣹⡟⠟⣛⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⣼⣿⣷⣿⣷⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠂⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠹⠉⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠓⣀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠄⡠⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠉⠛⢦
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⡿⠟⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠙⠻⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⡟⣿⠹⣮⣿⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⢀⠛⠳⢾⣷⣾⣿⣹⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢧
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢹⣿⣿⣇⢻⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⡆

He spent the last ten millennia bulking up

8/10
Pretty decent, love the detail on the eyes
The layers on the thighs look a little thick, that might be the lighting tho, try posting more ascii in your fridge

Is there any mega with all the Epic rules and magazines?

>Being a Daemon Prince doesn't mean you should be FUCKHUGE
>>>get_a_load_of_this_loyalist_cam

>20 dudes
ohohoho
probably 30 horrors t1 with a herald to clear out chafe, then 30-60 bloodletters t2

30 costs me 2cp, may as well do two squads of 20.

Well, we're talking about Magnus here, he could easily change his form. Hell, before his apotheosis he once grew up to the size of a titan so he could punch gargants in the face.

Welp, I'm going to bed
See you all when we get out of this warp storm and back to reality

You are so wrong I literally made myself laugh thinking of you going to some tournament all smug and confident in your knowledge with just gaggles of brimstones, only to be told to enjoy your T3 6+ saves.

then you don't get flickering flames on 30 models. people will run 3 battalions for CP probably

I get it on 20 horrors and I get another chance at smite, thats good enough for me.

Two 40kg threads and the other one is less than 200 pots wtf?

this one is older, some idiots must have migrated for some reason

Friend has a lemun russ that fucks me every chance it gets, only played two games with him and keep making excuses not to each time he asks. i have a termi squad and the space marine start collecting set. how do i deal with this thing?

lascannons

normal marines become dreadnought-sized when they turn into Daemon princes.

Primarchs are bigger than normal marines, and Magnus was the biggest of all of them, so...

Dark eldar bros, which would make for a more well rounded Air Wing, 3 Razorwings with splinter cannons or 2 Razorwings twin-rifles and a Voidraven with missiles?

Invest in the stormraven. Put termites inside. Shooting can delete one Russ, payload would charge anything else

Question. Are Space Marines (including all their variants) incapable of win without being in a soup list?

Not directly related to this, but is there any conversion idea to make stormraven less ugly?

They are. You just have to know how to play.

>He man action figure as a primarch
>power ranger zoid as a flyer
>overdesigned spawn thing
> those paint jobs
The absolute fucking state of this hobby. At least the TS look cool I guess.

Yes, Google it you lazy fuck.

Magnus is literally the only primarch that is justified in being shown this size. That said, just because he can be this big, doesn't mean he *should* be. Then again, he shouldn't look like a fucking poseable action figure either.

For those of you who use Magnus... How the bloody hell do you carry that thing around again?

I'd kinda like to see them introduce some Daemon Prince that's on the other end of the scale. Like some Slanneshi Duellist who's still human-scale. Or even just some human-based daemon princes rather than literally every one of them we see being ex-marine.

did hiromoot fix shit?

Some people glue additional part of the hull to make it longer.

Why do the best Imperial sub-factions never get updated?

Balanced flyer.

It costs an arm and a leg in points. Where do you see a problem?

Murdered a waacfags Nid list with Bloodletter Bomb, deepstriking Slaanesh termies and Typhus with 40 Poxwalkers coming up the rear.

Drink that soup, xenofag. Choke on those crusty Chaos croutons.

Okay.

I can't say I have a clue but try being proactive instead of being reactive perhaps?

>squats NEVER EVER

Was it all really just because someone posted CP? Lmao Veeky Forums must have illiterate pajeets for programmers.

Here are squats you fag, appreciate them.

Magnetized wings and weapon hand

>magnetize the wings
for what purpose? they slide right out.