Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

My Plastic Army Men > Your Plastic Army Men Edition
ETERNAL GENERAL SUB EDITION

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/19/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-4-stratagemsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme
[Youtube] youtu.be/3bNITQR4Uso

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_modified&order=desc#items-warhammer-40000
2.bp.blogspot.com/-_qRV3CXdQBY/WmYUAMhUDJI/AAAAAAABXfU/w2VcmHq_QeQNIPYKc0ULHDm7pK8SMZaqwCLcBGAs/s1600/releases1.JPG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Emperor!

>Still cant post images

Anyone else gonna play mono-custodes?
I know they might be too elite but fuck this - I'm gonna enjoy my low model count army.
Grey Knights are dead, long live the Adeptus Custodes

Know any good terrain/modelling tips?
I think i will make something similar to the inevitable city from Warhammer online: Age of reckoning when i get my thousand sons, using plasticard or something

flat women tend to have better figure

this thread > other thread

Taking my 30k force into 40k as well, bar some minor alterations.

>Anyone else gonna play mono-custodes?
>playing imperium at all
no

>not having an army of every major faction
-I- have drukhari, guard, thousand sons, and genestealers

do you have sexy feet?

I wanted to start a Tau army but Custodes look great. They are literally the only Imperium faction I actually like

I'll sex your feet

Custodes X Sisters of Silence is OTP.

the sexiest.

So I am having trouble beating nids with orks. Every nidbro runs 4-6 biovores, has them do a shimmy on their turn so they are hitting on 5s only, then cockblocks my movement. What the fuck can I do. I cant out shoot them, most have switched to dakkafexes with venom cannons and 12 other shots each, and if you DO get close, genstealers out of fucking no where to eat your assault units. HALP!

warhammer-community.com/faqs/?orderby=post_modified&order=desc#items-warhammer-40000

Demon/CSM/DG FAQ updated.

>Brimstone nerfed to 6++
>Many units that were demon now have it has a basic keyword and not a faction keyword, and hence can't be taken in an all demon arm/use their stratagems.
>Magnus/Throne of skull can't deepstrike anymore with demon stratagem

Have you tried putting a flux capacitor on it?

Artillery to shoot his artillery? Their only T4 with mediocre saves. Also a lot of their shooting is pretty short range so

Nids are top tier, the new eldar.
As an Ork player you have no hope, don’t bother with shooting as they can bring an army wide -1 to hit.

on average guardian spears or axes?

I think the Banana Axes are better on anyone that can get them
Wound everything except Land Raiders and their like on 3s, only pay the cost of a possible points increase and one less AP

>not having an army of every major faction
i can't afford flat rent, so no.
This hobby is my bane
i'd rather have Tau player than another power armor faggotry

>poor people
Plz switch to skirmish games

Well, 1000pts of Tau is about 1/3 more expensive than 1000pts of Custodes so it's another pro. Maybe one day I will have two armies I want to believe

Not now but eventually yes, its probably going to end up being a bunch of Jetbikes, some small troop squads to walk around objectives, a large Warden squad to deep strike alongside some Allarus.

Shields even needed anymore?

>Plz switch to skirmish games
warhammer is the only universe i like.
what now

Totes. 1k games I'll play Mono-stodes, if someone wants to play 2k I'll ally in Guard for more bodies

The unit that gets shields (Custodian Guard) can't take the Castellan Axes
Kill Team is a 40k skirmish game, haven't checked on HoR's progress recently though

Play kill team. It was really fun and I think that HoR updated some armies to 8e rules

Any predictions on the Imperial Knight codex release date and content ? Knowing my luck it will be second to last, right before Deathwatch .

Here's hoping for solo Knight rules that compensate the lack of models with new options for MY GUYS. Perhaps the chaos knight datasheet with the different configurations having separate names and a name for a twin-gun knight.

Is ancii the answer to our problem?

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▄█▀▄██▄░░░░░░░░▀█▄▒▒▒
▒▒█▀░▀░░▄▀░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░▀█▒▒
▒█▀░░░░███░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀█▒
▒█░░░░░░▀░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░█▒
▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▒
▒█░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░█▒
▒▀█░█░█░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░█▀▒
▒▒▀█▀░▀▀▀▀░▄▄▄▀░░░░▄█▀▒▒
▒▒▒█░░░░░░▀█░░░░░▄█▀▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒█▄░░░░░▀█▄▄▄█▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Not really sure how their rules will come along, since they had entries in the AdMech codex. That might put you back a bit.
This year is possible though, with the 2 per month pace. One bigger codex of something else, then Knights to pad it out until the next release

>Play kill team. It was really fun and I think that HoR updated some armies to 8e rules
>Kill Team is a 40k skirmish game, haven't checked on HoR's progress recently though

the problem is that i am in this hobby more for painting/modeling and fluff than just playing.
guess i am fucked

Yeah I know just asking if a +1 invuln is worth giving up the spear and paying extra

Can we pick a single thread to use? Having two at once is stupid.

Asked this in the last thread, but was at the end epwhen the new ones were made so I don't think anyone noticed or cared so I'll ask again.
Played back in 6th and 7th, but took a break before 8th dropped. Play vanilla marines, with a focus in melee (assault marines, vanguard vets, libbies and chaplains giving buffs with heavy bolter dev squads as backline. I refuse to play ultramarines, and honestly think that primarchs should stay in 30k. How much am I going to be shit on once I get back into it?

I'm torn on mulching MEQ and TEQ; the guardian spear seems good on paper with AP-3, but the axe's AP-2 is not that much worse and being able to wound T4 on a 2+ and most vehicles at least on a 4+ is substantial.
Against anything with a difference between save and invuln of 2 or less the axe is far and away the winner, obviously.
On Wardens I would *tend* towards axes, on Allari they are basically required, since it's their job to murder HQs and the like.

Kill Team is great for poor hobbyst. You can actually focus on few guys and pimp them out

oh, so that's what you meant
They can still have their use, I always thought its a bit strange that the sword is the exact same in melee but you get to bring a shield as well desu
If you want to be doubly sure that your dudes stay on the board as long as possible, feel free to go for it. There is that Stratagem though that only works with spears I think? That lets you gain extra attacks from 6s or something?
I wonder if there is a sword&board equivalent

Huh, I had no idea there is another thread

This one is now starting to outpace the other one by miles in terms of posting so I guess its this one

i don't see that on GW page, just Deathwatch Overkill, Gangs of Commorragh, Necromunda and 30k.
Unless i am missing something

You shouldn't get shat on TOO hard, I'd watch some batreps to confirm though
I think vanguard vets are kinda subpar atm from what I've heard though?

It's a 3rd party system
Just google Heralds of Ruin kill team

>MMMMMMM
>SOSYYYYYY
>SOOOOOOOOOSYYYYYYY

Yes, they're still perfectly solid. The sentinel blade is only slightly worse than the guardian spear in melee, but compensates by being able to shoot into melee (helping thin out hordes a little) and a 3++ is never not desirable when the going gets tough.
I'm not sure if the price increase was strictly necessary, but as is it's bearable. I'll probably bring one or two Sentinel sodalities to engage the harder bastards and eventually grind them down.

Nay, give us not different named units, the fact that we essentially have the knight frame with Omnipods is a unique separation from the loyalists that I feel should be kept.

Also, GJ Hiroshimoot, I think the image upload is RIP.

There are no official rules for 8e Kill Team - just 7e because GW is not giving a single fuck about skirmish games. Still, there is a Heralds of Ruin Kill Team ruleset and it's so much better than GW one ever was

Yeah it's not looking too god, lad

Different user, but I agree. Currently working on a space wolves force. Plan is to make it a wolf guard battle pack force in the style of a deathwatch killteam. I dont even play wolves, not yet anyway, but once i have an actual disposable income, they'll be the core of what i hope to be a pretty solid great company

>There are no official rules for 8e Kill Team
>It's a 3rd party system

kill me

I dont know, is it?
>▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
>▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒
>▒▒▒▄█▀▄██▄░░░░░░░░▀█▄▒▒▒
>▒▒█▀░▀░░▄▀░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░▀█▒▒
>▒█▀░░░░███░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀█▒
>▒█░░░░░░▀░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░█▒
>▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▒
>▒█░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░█▒
>▒▀█░█░█░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░█▀▒
>▒▒▀█▀░▀▀▀▀░▄▄▄▀░░░░▄█▀▒▒
>▒▒▒█░░░░░░▀█░░░░░▄█▀▒▒▒▒
>▒▒▒█▄░░░░░▀█▄▄▄█▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒
>▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▄█▀▄██▄░░░░░░░░▀█▄▒▒▒
▒▒█▀░▀░░▄▀░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░▀█▒▒
▒█▀░░░░███░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀█▒
▒█░░░░░░▀░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░█▒
▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▒
▒█░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░█▒
▒▀█░█░█░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░█▀▒
▒▒▀█▀░▀▀▀▀░▄▄▄▀░░░░▄█▀▒▒
▒▒▒█░░░░░░▀█░░░░░▄█▀▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒█▄░░░░░▀█▄▄▄█▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

The HoR system is a lot of fun though, I play it often with a friend.
GW will get around to updating their own system into 8th ed if you for some reason can only play official systems

>Sentinel Storm (2CP) - At the end of the enemy shooting phase a unit with Sentinel Blades can shoot as if it was their shooting phase.
It's not exactly amazing, but I guess it has its uses.

Thats reassuring. I figure even if i dont win via attrition, i can grab objectives pretty well. Havent gotten the new codex yet, are drop pods still viable?

oh is that the one they get? It... its kinda bad for 2CP
I guess if you have a big unit of guardians and you want to eat through a large horde quickly it can be useful

A lot of people are playing with HoR ruleset. GW is making neat minis but rulesets are usually crapy. Give the HoR a try my man - it's not only fun game for veterans but also a great way to introduce new players just with few models

Completely new 40k faction when?

I remember them being lamented as overpriced when 8th ed came out but I don't know how the codices and CA have changed things
I certainly don't see them at all in any batreps I watch, in general

>its kinda bad for 2CP
It's shit for 2CP. The same amount of CP nets me AP-3 Castellan Axes *and* additional attacks on 6s to-hit.

Absolutely completely new, one that has never ever been mentioned ever?
Some decade possibly

NOW!

Yeah, I just wanted to try and think of ways it could be useful

Drop pods are hot garbage

2.bp.blogspot.com/-_qRV3CXdQBY/WmYUAMhUDJI/AAAAAAABXfU/w2VcmHq_QeQNIPYKc0ULHDm7pK8SMZaqwCLcBGAs/s1600/releases1.JPG

Prices for jetbikes ain't bad £35

make that completely new non-imperium faction.
how do the odds improve

Thats exactly what I was expecting, I assume its 3 per box.

Greatly
All of the new Custard releases except Valoris have been considerably more.. less expensive than I imagined, wonder what thats about

That makes me sad. I have entirely too many in that case

Fair enough, but you're looking at 10 bolt pistol shots AT BEST. That's not going to impress anyone.
That said, I think Sentinels will still have their place. Tanking units with dangerous Dd3 weapons like powerfists is a lot more easy to do when you do it from the protection of a comfy 3++.

GW actually care about precious Custodes players, as they rightfully should

Please dont forget about shadow war...

>£35
That's a lot less expensive than I expected. I had assumed around £45-50. Nice.

While I hope it'll get ported to 8th, wasnt the faction roster limited? or am I misremembering

You mean the test bed for rules they had to make way for necromunda? Everyone has forgotten about it

It didn't use 7ths ruleset, it used a specalized ruleset for what is basically killteam.

It was a testing game for necromunda same as Gorechosen was a rule-test for Shadespire

No one plays or even owns necromunda, everyone owns models that can be used in shadow war.

Huh, they are cheaper than expected. Should I get them over Allarus Custodians with a box of guard and Trajann for small games?

>test bed
It wasn't testing anything, it was literally just necromunda.

new necromunda isn't really like it

>Gorechosen
i wanted to try it, and now it's gone
fuck you gw

Yet, I know plenty of necromunda players but see no SW games

Someone want to explain to me the "hype"(if I can even call it that)behind the GMNDK? Every game I've played him in, he doesn't do jack shit because the guns are slightly above mediocre and he only has 5 attacks, of which 1 or 2 usually go through.

Where do you live?

I like both, but the Bikes look to be pretty baller
Rerollable wounds on the lance, hurricane bolters or melta rockets at BS 2+
14" move, always advance 6" without needing to roll
I'll get both but I think bikes might be better

Due to a tremendous Adminustratum cock-up, the Custodial Staff of the Imperial Palace are unleashed upon the battlefields of the 41st millenium.

The bikes will be more versatile in game, if that's what you're asking.

They have the flyer rule, don't they? I'm worried about getting tabled with 3 dudes still on the table desu

They have FLY but they aren't flyers, I believe

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thats what admech players thought when we saw dragoons. Oooo 45 bucks, just like killa kanz are priced! There must be 3 in a box too!

Prepare for utter disappointment when it is one per box.

So are 1ksons entirely written around the assumption your're gonna take Magnus? Because I really don't want to field Magnus in the slightest.

Bolter bikes are 6 ppm more than Allarus
Bikes seem so much better

user, sorry to break it to you but we've already seen the box and there are three in there.
You wasted a perfectly good spergpost there

if It has 3 per box than 35 euros in burgerbucks is about 42, knowing gw they'll bump them to 45, that still wouldn't be too bad.

see

It was fun until I realized that my faction was OP.

Nonsense, sperging is never a waste. It got me a (You)

see