Why aren't you playing Age of Sigmar™ Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you playing Age of Sigmar™ Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It sucks.

You suck. (A phat one)

Because no matter how generic the old world may have been(and it really wasnt in its depiction of classic fantasy races) at least its not a bunch of different colored shards floating in space with not more than a handful of established places, leaving the rest up to imagination and literally suggesting people to make up their own places, just so you can release any kind of miniature miniature you want, while double dipping into the 40k audience with over the top nonsense and dumbed down rule sets.

Excellent thread, just splendid. Perfection.

>™
Hello shill.

I just find it funny how they totally stole Outland from WoW. The original rips off from the ripoff.

Because i'm poor and i dislike the concept of ground marines(tm).

Because they have not reintroduced the Tomb King range.

So much this. Old whfb-world was corny, memorable and cool, aos-world is literally nothing. I just can't give enough of fuck about it no matter how much I try.

AoS has absolutely nothing to do with Outland, neither thematically nor aesthetically. They ripped off Planescape.
>tfw haters don't know shit

But I am. AoS is more popular than 40k in my LGS. Not as popular as Lord of the Rings though.

My City is weird.

Germans are weird in general.

Aside from the fact that I hate the setting and aesthetic? Nobody plays it in my area.

I should stop putting capital letters on nouns.

No money, and the nearest FLGS is an hour an a half walk, assuming traffic is behaving itself.

>tfw I'll never get the chance to use my Dragon Blades.

Shit rules and the setting lacks the charisma WHFB had.

what does the traffic have to do with you walking, user?

We are but Veeky Forums is a bad place to speak on the subject

None of the factions interest me.

GW killed an amazing setting

Boring two dimensional game with average models and a shit setting. Best suited to children and with none of the charm, Grace, tactics or panache of fantasy. The community is shit and the armies expensive. There are no elves either. It's a skirmish game when we already have 40k.
Just everything about it is shit.

Part of the walk takes me past a shopping center, and I have to cross several streets. So, depending on how bad traffic is, crossing streets can add up to an extra half hour to the walk.

>and the setting lacks the charisma WHFB had.
>with none of the charm, Grace, tactics or panache of fantasy
Thats true I suppose, but it is a relatively young setting. Do you think it'll grow on that?

>It's a skirmish game when we already have 40k.
Also true, but I guess GW thinks they can make twice the amount of money they make off 40k if they re-create it for the fantasy audience.

Because I played Tomb Kings.

They will probably be re-introduced as Steam Kings™

whoops meant for

Because they brought in 40K's biggest problem. Faction bias

Because I like games that have a semblance of balance and actually nice minis.

It's expensive af

>t. I haven't opened a single book that fleshed out the world or only looked at the very first maps released and am shitting into my own mouth with every statement

Because there are better games out their like bolt action and SAGA

Because lizardmen are not daemons

I've got no interest in the setting. I'm not going to pay the additional money to buy into anybody's proprietary setting if I'm not interested, least of all an exorbitant GW one.

>shit rules
But we aren't talking about WHFB lmao

im still trying to teach myself 40k, I don't even understand fully what AoS is, a "pre" space marines in the past version of 40k? a more fantasy elves etc based 40k?

why is it not 40k. Fuck.

Nobody to play with.

>guys fantasy clones of hive-cities are original!

>t. I have also never read anything about a hive city or a city in general and have developed diarrhea of the mouth.

>Do you think it will grow?
I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. Fantasy had a lot of time to develop a character, and had some pretty good writers and artists over its time. Given the disparity between older and more recent 40k lore, and given how AoS has been handled so far, I don't have all that much hope.

Plus, while playing campaigns with long-time friends in 40k, we can just pretend that the Primaris-era lore never happened and carry on as per usual. But with stuff like Bretts and TKs getting squatted and the classic Empire range seeming to be following, not engaging with the new lore seems to be a non-option. Even the survivors, like the Skaven (my enduring favorite) seem to have lost some of their lustre in the transition.

because its somehow more bland and boring than nu40k

Because they squatted two of my three armies and the lore for Ogres blows ass now and I can't feel remotely invested in them

>Rules are bad
>Fluff is laughable
>No one else plays it

Is that snake video about Hekarti or Atharti or whichever of the two has something to do with the symbols and or the medusae?
I thought it was khaine at first which was confusing and while I don't care about AoS I might ape the models for other stuff

I really doubt that the fluff will get better, in the best case we might see AoS as another LoL or Warcraft ripoff. Both Fantasy and 40k lore got to grow in the golden age of GW (before the Chaos and Marines wanking become their staple) talent wise. Nowadays GW would never have spend that much money on good writers and artists (it's much cheaper to hire literally who writers and people from DeviantArt).

youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ

The symbol in this video is the same one in the middle of the Dark Elf mandala; the symbol of Khaine

Shit system from a shit company, why there are fuckers still playing this dribble is beyond me, but power to them.

Because i'd rather play 40k rather than it's retro-clone

It's dark elves but it's also hekarti/morathi

every single game results in blob combat in the middle.
rules too simple to be good and they did the same thing to 40k

These fake shill threads are so fucking retarded.

Obviously ass blasted wfb sperg making a fake thread to make it look like shit tier marketing to perpetuate their hatred of gw.

Theres plenty of real reasons to hate gw.

if you think a post with a (tm) is actual marketing you need to take a step back and review your life

The people at my local store are strange to me, kinda like cult members who worship the store manager. I bought my shit from there and never went back, so I have nobody to play with.

No shit sherlock, hence the whole "fake shill thread". Reading through this thread its obvious to see that people do think it is.

>threw away a half a world of good lore and the other half untouched with great potential
>model design is lazy and mostly just the same ones from their more popular game minus the guns
>price too high for average quality models
>the only reason they released this watered down version of warhammer 40k was to protect IP's from third party model makers who can pump out the same quality for cheaper

You have to go back.

Because I have more fun converting and modelling my Ironjawz than spending my Friday nights dealing with sperglords in my LGS's basement

Also sage

This is the brainlet level of the average AoS player.

Great argument, autist

Because I have a fetish for line battles and the game does nothing for me. That and I don't know anyone who plays the game.

Do you know of a thing called objective markers?

The setting is for kids. They killed off the desire to play for older people. The modelling and painting aspect is still there but the simple rules don't lend itself to a good time.

As to them making it a skirmish they are just double dipping into the same pool. They are cannibalizing their own profits. People have a finite amount of money to spend on hobby and while they might buy some AoS it doesn't mean they are spending anymore than before.

It still just devolves into two blobs hitting each other and taking casualties until one blob is victorious. Great tactics there for sure...

>shit on whfb for years
>hmm why is no one buy this pile of shit?
>welp better set it on fire.
>well that didn't work, clearly the problem is our customers are fucking stupid, lets just dumb that flaming pile shit down and rip off 40k,
>...later...
>hey guy check Age of Smegmar: Lawyer bukkake editon.

damn right i mad.

>tfw AoS fanbois act like blizzard fanbois with astronomical levels of delusion

This is the reason no one takes AoS seriously.

You push your shit on others like a born again Christian then act like a baby when they refuse.

You constantly shit on WHFB yet get all assmad when WHFB fans shit on AoS in return.

You call 40k lore dumb and contradictory yet scream bloody murder when AoS lore is pointed out for the watered down 40k juice it is.

You are your own worst enemy. You drive away the very people you want playing your dumb game.

I don't see that at all. AoS threads are sadly or were plagued by trolls and false flaggers. But the WHFG seems pretty grand so all I see is the aggro from one side and that's Fantasy "fans" who probably had not played or bought the game in years. Not that either side is squeky clean but AoS bunch I ain't heard a peep. Its only when the topic comes up are everyone throwing veterol at each other.