Creative Settings: Races and Fauna

I want to come up with a setting that gives my veteran players a sense of wonderment and curiosity. Please share settings that
>feature a variety of fascinating fauna (eg. Edgeworld, Monster Hunter)
>have a variety of diverse non-human races (eg. Malazan, Bas Lag)
>have an order or guild that interacts with them (eg. Witchers, Monster Hunters)

I can´t give you a rulebook for the setting, cause I´m still writing it, but I made a setting build on all mythologies (and even stuff like H.P.Lovecraft) and combining them at all points there is a similaritie, like Brahma and Azatot. (the game is called Lemures btw.^^)

>I can´t give you a rulebook for the setting

Then your post was just textual wank.

Fauna(?): Drifter
Floating ghost-like masses of white fog, occasionally with face-like shapes, which always appear fully illuminated regardless of lighting conditions. Not physically present on any plane (not material, not ethereal, etc). Drifts as though on wind currents, but wind currents don't match the material plane's winds (or ethereal or astral or anything else). Generally just float around. Nobody has ever seen one appear or disappear, but their numbers in any given area seem to vary wildly. Current theory is that they're "shadows" projected by beings from a very distant plane inaccessible to the rest of the cosmology. Some who study their movements think they see patterns...

The Land of Adventure to all. The artist's DA page has more data.

Even though this ranges from borderline cringe to actual cringe, this doesn't seem like that bad of a setting

I really apreciat the medieval shitposting in this map.

I fucking love this has the weird mythological races like Blemmeyes, Panotti, and Arimaspi.

Do these guys sound too much like space elves/vulkans?
Lengans
Grey-skinned, tall and white-haired aliens from the planet Leng. Often remarked to be eerily similar to man, at their own displeasure. The Lengans despise the idea of being compared to anything else, and take pride in what may have once been a uniqueness in their species. Lengans are, however, very willing to cooperate with other species. The first sedentary colonies of man were built with the assistance of Lengans. The Expedition sees them as nothing more than cannibals and predators however, Moonraiders often come into conflict with them, and the majority of Gnesids are disgusted by their very existence.

Shit, here goes nothing.
>"Humanity once ruled the world. Literally. A vast empire once stood on all six continents, a empire that achieved technological wonders we can't even imagine. Great buildings once stretched far into the skies, the tallest even led to the realm of the gods. Great ships traversed the stars like a sail boat, people have metal in their heads, flying carriages pulled by invisible horses...
>But it all came to a end. From beyond the stars, a terrible adversary came. A race of men created by the Chaos Gods invaded without warning, bringing with them terrible iron contraptions and horrifying alien creatures, which brought great destruction to the First Empire.
>In desperation, the First Empire sent it's wisest to the tallest tower where they entered the realm of the gods. There they begged for help before the indifferent deities who looked upon man like man looks upon a rat. They agreed to help, but only if the humans sent seven humans seven times to serve as ambassadors between the two worlds.
>Almost like a miracle, the Gods descended from their spectral homes and brought great slaughter to the dark men. But in their own desperation, they summoned the Demons of Chaos and Slaughter. The war lasted for decades, and when it ended the First Empire was gone. The gods weeped and mourned the fallen empire before returning from whence they came. Man since then, struggled to rebuild and regain their former glory.
>They did, for a time. Creating the Second, Third, and Fourth Empires. But alas, they were no longer the sole masters of their world. The Dragons, creatures of fire, emerged from their caves and proclaimed their reign over the world. A terrible war ensued between the Second Empire and the Dragons, ending with our lands submerged as the Dragons called upon the Giants of lore to pull our lands into the abyss. Leaving only our town..."
>*the pcs, being bratty kids, are barely paying attention* "Mr Grim, I'm bored."
>"Quiet boy!"

The PCs are townfolk in what's the last human settlement which... Is now a island with a tourist based economy. The Elves are fascinated by the human's ridiculous mythology and believe they're a superior sub species of Dwarf. The Dwarves think they're hilarious and consider them a inferior variant of Elf. Nobody really bothers the humans as they're insignificant in the grand scheme of things, all the problems mostly revolve around minor things like pie-eating competitions and wooing your sweetheart. Races from all over visit the Island of Man so the PCs interact with a lot of weirdos.

Except for the Dragons of course. They're too busy to bother with traveling... Or are they? There's also a war brewing between the Dark Elves and High Elves.

I'm working on a fantasy Americana setting, so I've been reinterpreting fearsome critters and other folklore into actually threatening animals. One idea I had was to turn roperite birds into enormous terror birds with projectile sticky tongues instead of stupid lasso beaks. Jersey Devils are the evolutionary ancestor of a demonic- looking race I've been kicking around. Likewise, bigfoot is the predecessor hominid ancestor of my setting's giants, and Paul Bunyan is a legendary king who will return some day a la King Arthur.

How would one call the setting of disney's talespins?
Propeller Punk? Anyway it's kinda creative after all.

>How would one call the setting of disney's talespins?
Real world? There's absolutely nothing there to call it a setting. It's just focused on pilots.

Grabbing this, thanks
Anybody has pictures to represent the drifters?

Too brief to make any conclusions

- Disney setting with Disney characters. Like wizard micky and his crew donald etc. Disney world.
- new worlds with no humanoids at all like starship troopers, mars, space, or just pure wilderness desert or forests.
- different worlds to catch criminals. Teleporting to worlds requires a great amount of energy, magic, divination, guidence.

Apart from talking bears that explore the world in propeller planes...

I fucking lost it when I got to The Kingdom right next to The Empire.

Also love the post-apocalyptic Gnome Australia in the southeast

What else did you expect from a Disney cartoon?

I would definitely agree to play in this setting

Read the post-chain, bud.