/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

Shadow Aelves Edition

Teaser Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ

Previous Thread: Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zHduCjs
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=99
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=101
youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Troggoths

Slaanesh is dead! DEAD!

Second for Dispossessed.

>Muh Tomb Kangs
>Muh gobbos

Fuck off, it's elf time.

Troggoth battletome when?

I'm still agonizing over whether or not to start AoS with BCR. They look awesome and are relatively affordable for a GW product...

But I'd need to put my current stuff on the back burner and I hate having a huge backlog, plus I'd need lots of paints and shit.

Sheeeit.

People have seen the new keeper of secrets/N'kari dual kit.

Can't wait to get new slaanesh and aelves models to run a BDSM themed army

So I'm wanting to get into AoS. Pretty excited. I want to run Tzeentch Daemons, not the mortals and Tzaangors. Can anyone give me some tactics and list building tips? I really love Flamers and Horrors and pretty much the whole range, actually. First time that's happened in Warhammer. Looking to get a good 1000pts going so I can do the campaign soon.

So far I have a list with both brimstones and blues, and then a list with just stuff out of the Start Collecting Box. Should I use the Split mechanic or just field them as-is?

Cringe shit gtfo

over 2500pts just with 3 start collecting boxes user. Do it

1. buy 1-2 start collecting boxs
2. Make sure you use the MOON face for the hearlds, or you are a fegget
3. Get a LoC eventually

Thats really it m8. Cant go wrong with anything. You can split the horrors but need to set aside those points.

cringe is not an adjective

>
Frankly they're so close to that aesthetic already, a color scheme of shadow grey+gold and beige would be enough to get the message across.
Maybe get Khalida on a Disc of Tzeentch as a character.
Or use the Khemri chariots instead of discs altogether.

Hear me out, /aosg/

I quite like Tzaangors. I quite like Thousand Sons. I even quite like Tomb Kangz. Do you think that Egyptian Tzaangors and Kairic Acolytes might work, and if so, how exactly? I mean, I could I could just hammer it with the old TK color scheme of turquoise and gold, but I like the idea of a challenge. Can you Kangz up Arcanites? And how would you approach it if you would.

I was mostly inspired to this by seeing this dude having converted a Balewind Vortex into the old TK spell skullstorm, and it turning on a lightbulb over my head.

Seeing as Daughter's of Khaine is getting an update, what's the likelihood of getting a Dispossessed update in a few years?

>Already have two duardin armies

None.

Nowhere on the calendar ad far as we know.

No painting guides on warhammer community = No releases any time soon

Not for a while.
Ally in KO or Fireslayers if you want new shit.

Yeah, I was almost wondering about bleeding out the blue to focus more on neutral colors like the grey and beige with notes of gold sprucing shit up.

One thing I was also considering was just replacing the Kairics entirely with third-party shit that would work to even better unify the theme, something along the lines of Crocodile Games Heru, Nekharu and Tethru miniatures which are the worshippers and beastmen in Hawk, Vulture and Ibis flavors.

Just realized that my old wardancers can't even become proxies for newer units. They have rules but no suggestion on how to substitute them for new models.

Lexicanum needs your help making a great database for all the lore. Join and help up today.

>Death centered campaign
>Have some elves that's what you wanted right? :^)

What the actual fuck?

Hey everyone. Recently started up a wargaming Discord. Come check it out!

discord.gg/zHduCjs

You aren't Lexicanum

fuck off

You are right, it's not like they stated multiple times on FB that the entire year will be dedicated to death-related events, if nothing new (beyond whole fucking book) is out by now, clearly they hate death.

They cant release anything that they feel is cooler than SCE because it will hurt SCE sales

Maybe Daughters of Khaine/Witch Elves? Similarly naked elf theme...

This is what I came up with, two squads of blues and one brimstone for Reinforcement. Is it bad?
Allegiance: Tzeentch
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- General
- Trait: Soul Burn
- Artefact: Wicked Shard
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (180)

Reinforcement Points (140)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 45

Maybe you could use some conversion pieces.
These heads look a little futuristic
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=99

but they have a pack of each individual one if you don't like the mix
puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=101

>43 wounds
>my wanderers have 72 at 1000
Am I missing something?

Lies

Who are these "people"?
the same ones who said plastic Thunderhawk/Sisters were coming?

>disposessed players

ELF LADS
ITS TIME TO BRING THESE LESSER BEAST RACES TO THEIR KNEES

youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ

called it

The same who said that primaris marine photo that leaked was real but retards like you and others insisted was fake and made up of other bits.

>Morathi slithers out of slaanesh after getting tortured/reshaped by her
>Also acquires some energies in the process and escapes along with other treacherous former-slaaneshi daemons, the shadow daemons
>For revenge pushes Malerion to kidnap/rape him
>Morathi gets more followers out of slaanesh belly
>In the absence of their god, more slaaneshi daemons become shadow daemons under morathi, attracted by her being the closest thing to slaanesh left around (due to shape and energies mentioned previously)
>Slaaneshi civil war ensues and in the closing moments of the arc Slaanesh is killed and morathi fill the void of power
>As does Ynnead in 40k, as it too has visual and energetic reminiscences to slaanesh

I can dig it. It's a pity that the pictures on the Crocodile Game bundles are so small because it'd look ridiculous posting 400x300 pictures here, but they actually seem like they could work pretty nicely as a motley crew of "rabble" Tzaangors, especially since the Warhawks are just humans wearing bird-masks while the rest are just true to Egyptian shit and just people with bird-heads. So they'd make great Kairics since they lack the full-on legs of the Tazaangors, as well as random heroes.

I mean, just look at these birdy fuckers.

But morathi is neutral evil and wont be chaos

Knife-eared shits getting a battletome before us?
This is possibly the greatest grudge of them all.
I doubt even the Great Book of Grudges could hold the anger found in the pages this deserves.

You've gotten two, manlet. Two shitty ones that aren't what you want, but there are still two dwarf factions with battletomes.

>stuff he said

this is probably exactly correct

also deathcast is the death release

Morathi is a slut
She'll backstab her son, her nephews and whoever other irrelevant inferior races' gods to sit at the big table.

Hey Keebler, we're low on cookies, bring over some fudgestripes.

>Knife-eared shits getting a battletome before us?

No, it just doesn't count the brims/blues. Here.

Allegiance: Chaos
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (180)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 75

Ah ok. Totally missed the reinforcement points.

They are clearly fighting AGAINST slaanesh in the video.
You are an idiot

You can set out birdfeeders to distract tzeentch units, but what do you set out to distract slaanesh units?

Why going with so few splitters? Remember each Pink turns into 2 blues, and each blue turns into two Brimstone. And if you have partial units of those nearby, you can reinforce them without actually having to pay reinforcement points so long as they stay within what they started the game at. Which yes, allows you to have a unit of pinks lose 3 which split into 6 blues to a nearby unit that had suffered some casualties and then at battleshock, gain 1d6 pinks right back.

It's a pretty fun and cheesy use of those 1's on Destiny Dice.

Is it just me or does that music sound eerily like the dark souls music. i swear iv heard it before

>in a few years
In a few years? Very high. Now? Never. This year? Nah. Next year? I don't think so.

It's from Total War: Warhammer.

ahh that makes sense, dark souls and total war are like the only video games i play. suppose it had to be one of them lol

Are... Aelves finally... happening?

>they call me shadow queen the one true voice of a dead god
>a demigoddess in exile twisted into the form of her tormentor
>I who was once devowered but slithered from the throat of the dark prince
>I who helped bring civilization to the mortal realms and stood first against the corruption of chaos
>I who feed upon offerings of blood and shadow drawing ever nearer to my rightful place in the pantheon
>to long have I been shunned
>no longer will I be denied

i guess it depends on what god you think she is talking about.

if its khaine you are right

but it seems like slaanesh to me.

Mostly just points constraints. I'm very new to this so I just took the minimum. Its 300pts for a full squad of 10 pinks, 20 blues, and 20 brims. Is that the route I should be taking? Then I'll only have like...three units on the field, first turn. Should I drop the Ogroid so I can put some flamers in for more damaging dudes?

at least sort of
twisted not!slaaneshi aevles

>devowered
vower yourself idiot

its obviously the daughters of khaine units + new shadow elf troops + morathi

naaah, it's khaine
the video has medusae(?) fighting for her
GW won't put them in two factions

yeah, but you forget to mention the things with wings
and morathi twisted in thr form of her tormentor

btw. are those firewhatever warlocks DoK too?
those are very slaaneshi

>has taken the form of slaanesh
>trying to take his place in the pantheon
>is one true voice of dead slaanesh

i mean you can say whatever you want but the words in the video seem pretty cut and dry.

Obviously the video was pointing towards the return of Queen Helga who will lead the new Dispossessed force which includes their warmachines from Ironweld Arsenal.

On second thoughts though, the elven releases in both aos and 40k, probably received a delay for some reason, as we knew they were ready since 40k had its revelation of the ynnari as a faction (which they likely wouldn't have called it a faction if thry hadn't kits ready) and in aos where we knew of the slaanesh kidnap thing, the look of malerion, the shadow daemons of morathi and the crown instead of the symbol of slaanesh in the wheel of chaos, since the very first book, when the names for kharadrons and fyreslayers weren't even the final ones.
What if the reason of the delay was the reworking of the story to accomodate for the survival of slaanesh in a larger sense than programmed in light of the sudden economical success of GW and the discovery that nostalgia sells and deleting factions create backlash.

the dead god is khaine
only three guys know what happend to slaanesh
and she isn't one of them

but I think you're trolling

Lads, help me. I'm being as indecisive as a Dwarf player. I want to run Death but I'm not certain if buying the Skeleton Horde box plus some skeleton warriors, or if getting the Blade of the Blood Queen box would be better value. I only have some FEC right now, and I have a boner for the Morchast that come in the Battleforce, plus I love the aesthetics of the Mortarchs. Is the SC box still a better option for me then?

Bare-chested snake goddess when?!

Obviously the video was pointing towards the return of Neave Blacktalon who will lead her tongue to the Alarielle butthole

>cherrypicking the parts of the video that support your pet theory instead of the most likely interpretation

sure man, whatever.

>slaanesh looking aeldeari who fight against slaanesh
>slaanesh looking aelvaes who fight against slaanesh
>no actual slaanesh models though

Not him.

The dead god is Khaine. Slaanesh didn't die.

wut?
tell me one source slaanesh is dead?

will Dunc show us how to paint her nipples?

I'm a long time WHFB OK player, and i won't lie i was mad pissed when AoS happened. So now that my reflexive rage is starting to die down to the point that I might have some interest in the new setting, tell me Veeky Forums, why should I care about AoS?
Are my fat bois still as awesome as before?

>has taken the form of slaanesh
>is trying to take his place in the pantheon

...come on people...

I know you want slaanesh to come back but that ship sailed.

>guys riding on horses is now Slaaneshi

The Order Pantheon that she was a minor part of.

you should not.
we really don't need players that must be told to play the game.

>Greek Dark Elves with Sslyths, Scourges, the like
I could get behind this. I remember one user talking almost a year ago about buying a bunch of DEldar to run them as Khorne shit, but just literally bringing DEldar into AoS would be pretty nice, and plenty of the models are already perfectly fitting for the aesthetic. We get a Greek Wych Cult first, and then the next Aelves will just be Haemonculi covens.

Hell, a surprising number of DEldar units merge into AoS without any issue, especially with the precedent set by KO guns, as long as you limit them to small quantities. I could easily see Ravagers and Raiders getting translated in for the new Scourge Privateers. Meanwhile, the list of models that can be used in AoS without even having to remove guns...
>Incubi, Wracks, Talos and Chronos, Reavers (maybe), Mandrakes, Scourges, Grotesques, Succubus, Khymerae, Beastmaster, Drazhar, Razorwing Flock, Ssylth, Lhamaean, Clawed Fiend, Lilith, Urien, Ur-Ghul, Medusae, and the OOP Archon that was the only good finecast model

i have a question /aosg/, does Nagash have any kind of coat of arm, banner or insigna ?
i want to make an army of death soup that pledge allegiance to Nagash, and i was wondering what should i paint on my army shields and banners ?

Ogres are great. They got split into 'Beastclaw Raiders' and 'Gutbusters'. Beastclaw are pretty strong, and are all of the big dudes that came out late WHFB. Gutbusters are your normal Ironguts and shit. With how heavy melee focused AoS is, they're monsters in combat. If you can get em there.

>three years of being mad about toy soldiers
I'm not sure if such a cancerous person is needed here but let's try this
>Are my fat bois still as awesome as before
BCR (ogres on stonehorns, thundertusks and mournfangs) are in a pretty bad shape right now but they used to be decent. GW nerfed them too hard but I think they will buff them again soon. Generic ogres (now known as gutsbusters) are pretty fun to play but not top-tier. I would say they are high mid-tier right now, Still, you can use them within one army

>Beastclaw are pretty strong
Why are you lying?

Slaanesh is definitely not squatted, and if someone tells you otherwise, there's a good chance it's Slavfag.
He spent a month spamming that the entire Grand Alliance: Death would be squatted.

khaine

topkek

srsly, why are you doing this?
it's highly possible that we see another aelven release and even if we don't get a slaanesh release, we will know what happend to her.
so why this farce for the few weeks?

I know.

>Don't worry guys, its the Year of the Xeno!
>You'll get a new army, don't worry!
>After Custodes in January!
>After Thousand Sons in Febuary!
>After Witch Elves in March!
>Now here's your book, enjoy your 3v1 Campaign where Order, Chaos and Destruction get to curbstomp you! Have fun!

I dont think so, but you could do one of his artifacts as the symbol like his staff or his crown

Well, you deserved it

This is the symbol of Shyish, the Realm of Death.
Nagash is its sovereign and he used to be the Incarnate of Shyish, so I think it's close enough?

Thanks for the pic, it clarifies a lot of stuff.

Khaine is the new slaanesh obviously (with extra shadows because reasons)

In the Firestorm Campain mixed Death has this dragon banner.

Elf release = Daughers of Khaine confirmed

the crown seem like a good idea, considering that he is the king of death
nice idea, but too generic