Imagine a bees similar species, even if they don't necessarily look like bees. There are queens, workers and drones

Imagine a bees similar species, even if they don't necessarily look like bees. There are queens, workers and drones.

How do you prevent workers from becoming the dominant class? Or that the queens and drones become victims of their own version of "stay in the kitchen"?

The way it works in my setting is that the worker are, well, kind of dumb. They're simply not smart enough to run a society, or get organized to the point where they could overthrow the queen. Especially when their lifespan is very low, making any kind of long-term plans difficult to pull off. They're also extremely devoted to the queen, who they see as a combination of their collective mother and a seemingly immortal demigod (the queen lives far longer than workers, so dozens of generations of workers may go by being rules by the same queen).

A bigger threat to the queen would be the drones (or adminstraive caste) taking over, as the drones are considerably smarter than workers (this also makes it harder for the workers to take over). However, the prestige the queen has means it't be political suicide for anyone to disagree with her, as all of their rivals could use that as an excuse to have them removed from power. And as the queen is far more long-lived than even the drones, she can easily play the long game.
In practice, the drones do run almost everything, with the queen rarely exercising her power over them.

Ask yourself what prevents the workers from being the dominant class IRL, and you'll have the answer.

If they work like bees then workers ARE the dominant caste. Queens are just baby factories once they've established a new hive, it's the workers that make all the decisions and do all the work as one big vaguely democratic Marxist eusocial unit. Priority one is to care for and protect the queen since she's the future but she has no power over the workers.

If you want to avoid this then abandon all semblance of reality and make them like cartoon bees and ants where the queen is royalty, the drones are her harem, and workers dream of being promoted to drone or soldier.

I like to use pherimonal control, and also make the lower castes be factually worse than the higher castes.

A worker is basically a much friendlier goblin. A warrior is basically a person, who has a minor case of combat autism and individualized natural weapon gimmicks. A queen is actually smart and able to manage a city state.

That we're selfish tribal apes instead of hyper efficient eusocial bio-bots?

you know the "Seize the means of production" meme?

Well; bee's can't do that.

only queens can shit out eggs. Without the queen any hive will perish. it isn't survival of the fittest in a scenario like this, there is a solid biological hierarchy of utter and sheer unbreakable ruler/servitor relationship going on.

the real question is; why the fuck did bees actually go with this evolutionary trait in the first place? I guess bee's just don't even seek power, but understand there is strength in being allies, and the best way to make every bee compliant is make one bee into a revered god-queen that, if she dies, the full colony also dies.

As long as the queens actually keep shitting out workers like a base in an RTS, you're not going to get rid of it.

If the queen becomes unproductive (I.E, any human ruler funded by the state) bees would simply elect a new queen, which would out-produce and eventually destroy the old queen, but bee's don't do this.

Ripley kills them before they can overthrow the queen

Years of uber liberal indoctrination telling the drones its bad to be anything but the drones they want you to be

Actually, bees don't have in-fighting among the workers like that in an individual colony.

What actually happens in nature is, if a queen becomes unproductive and they have the materials to make a new queen, the new queen will be made and will literally decapitate the old queen with their own mandibles.

Usually, the old queen decapitates any new queens, but if they've become unproductive, it means they're old enough to be overtaken by the new queen.

Though, this is a rare and extreme scenario. Usually, the old queen just leaves to start a new hive with some workers, leaving the new queen in charge of the old one.

Man, that's the dumbest AND saltiest I've seen a post be on Veeky Forums for like a week.

Stay mad faggot. The only thing your cunty reply is missing is a /pol/ acusation

You seem to be missing relevance to the thread.

>I'm not from /pol/, who said I was from /pol/?!?

laffs have been had.

Bee wise this is spot on

Are you people retarded? Seriously? Do you have NO fucking clue how bees work?

This has to be one of the dumbest questions I've seen on this board.
Bee workers don't rebel for the same reason why your fucking liver isn't trying to take over your brain, for fuck sake. They are part of the same fucking organism. Essentially, individual bee is little more than a independent organ of a dispersed organism. Queen is not the fucking ruler of the hive: she is just an ovary that happens HAPPENS to be able to move on it's own. Fuck me. You morons fucking impose FUCKING CLASS WARFARE on a fucking bee hive. Class warfare is utter bullshit even applied to people, and you idiots assume that is somehow a thing among eusocial organisms. You do realize that just because people arbitrary impose the word "queen" on the animal, that it does not mean it ACTUALLY RULES the hive? That fucking bees and ants are not an actual fucking feudal system?
It's a dispersed organism ruled over by emergent behavior. That is all there is to it. The workers and the queen alike simply act on basic systems of behavior they are programmed to carry out by evolutionary selection, and it so happens that - just like neuronal network, that it gives emergence to what seems outwardly like a top-down organized behavior. It's not.

>Usually, the old queen just leaves to start a new hive with some workers, leaving the new queen in charge of the old one.
Wait, I thought the new queen went to the new hive and the old queen stayed at the current hive.

user.
they're trying to make more of a fantasy race and less of a sci-fi race.
So they'll be individuals and not a superorganism.

We're talking about a race of intelligent beings that have a society similar to bees.

You should probably calm down. You're harshing our buzz.

Nope! Old queen starts the new hive.
I don't remember WHY they do that.

Maybe it's evolutional game theory, so that a single individual reproductive unit can have as many descendant families as widely spread as possible.

Then they are LITERALLY NOTHING LIKE BEES, and you are also literally asking "how does feudality work". Which is another can of "shit you should already know" right there.

>why the fuck did bees actually go with this evolutionary trait in the first place?
Eusocial behavior is an extremely efficient strategy at the life scale insects fall into since they're large enough to need to deal with a lot of shit but small enough that specialization is heavily rewarded. Having glorified sperm-sack males saves even more energy than the merely inferior males than most other insect species employ, and having a single reproductive female both frees the hordes of sterile females to focus on food and defense and reduces the minimum amount of food needed to keep a huge alive since all of the drones and most of the workers are expendable. This does make the hive heavily dependant on the Queen's survival but there are ways to avoid the sudden collapse of a hive from an unexpected Queen death. Most species keep a selection of nascent Queens in the wings ready to replace the current one or start a new hive if she doesn't kick it this year and some species of ant can undergo metamorphosis and become a new fertile Queen when the old one dies.

you need to take it down to like, a four, or maybe a three.

I know in ant colonies it's different.

ants can have, for example, like 8 queens in a feral colony given there's enough land and enough resources to do so.

I wasn't sure how exactly it worked with bees.

No particular reason why sci-fi sapient eusocials would need to be a hive-mind. In fact, I'm kind of sick of hive-minds as they almost never make any sense, relying on some psychic bullshit to have one mind controlling multiple bodies. That's not really how eusocial insects work. Their "swarm intelligence" isn't really any different from emergent behaviour of a large group of people, where individuals reacting to actions of others effectively function as a single whole.

I just made the eusocial insectoid species in my scifi setting extremely collectivist. Sapient individuals are still individuals; you could talk to one as an individual and discern something of a personality (you wouldn't get a very intresting discussion with the average worker, though), but they're both instinctively and culturally inclined to see individuals as expendable (individuals die off anyway, given enough time, so why would conserving their lives be of any value, unless said individual happens to possess something that makes them useful enough for society?), and see themselves only as part of the greater society.

>They're simply not smart enough to run a society, or get organized to the point where they could overthrow the queen
Inspired by the colonisation of Africa I'm sure.

So basically, in ant society you have a swarm of nobles ready to take over the queen position.
But in a bee society, you would have individual offshoot nobles who are plotting to overthrow the queen, who the queen personally fights to the death with a rapier.

ask the commies
not the idealized commie utopia, but the real, practical commie cuntries

Me > You

>How do you prevent workers from becoming the dominant class?
Religion. Throughout history workers have allowed themselves to be exploited, it's as easy as telling them God wants you to be in charge.

Pheromones or truly alien psychology that results in the workers literally worshiping their queen.