*enters your battlefield*

*enters your battlefield*

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/competitive-20-infect-deck/
youtube.com/watch?v=356ilzFF8BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes?

If it enters my battlefield, does that not mean I cast and control it?

to get technical with it, there's only one battlefield in a game of MTG.

Not necessarily. There are ways to hijack creatures entering the battlefield, like Blatant Thievery.

I don't think so.
*Enigma Drake gets +1/+0*

Joke's on you, all my creatures are already dead.

Blatant Thievery only allows the caster to gain control of permanents already on the battlefield. Not the effects that trigger upon entering.

This is what you want.

>sacrifice targeted creature to Ravager
>swing in for lethal on the backswing

Sorry, was thinking of Gather Specimens, brain fart there for a moment.

Might as well ask, since I'm not going to make a thread for this. Making a casual black deck, and I was wondering which is better. Nightmare or Voldaren Pariah. I don't have a lot of creatures that have synergy with Voldaren Pariah (like Abyssal Gatekeeper for example), but if I flip it then it'll have synergy with my Sangomancer and clear the way. However, Nightmare can get super big in multiplayer with the swamps and a flying 10/10 can get quite viscous if I add trample or fear on it. So, which do you think is better?

Depends on so many aspects that the question is functionally meaningless. Do you have a decklist for us to look at?

No really since I'm still making it. As of the moment, 20 swamps, Dread, 2x Garys, Sangomancer, 2x Abyssal Specters, 4 kill spells (doomblade, murder), 3x Unnerve, 2x and haunted crossroads. I was thinking of buying some Fleshbags or Abyssal Gatekeepers, and maybe a Hissing Miasma or two.

That 2x was suppose to be fear, and I forgot 2x horned helmets.

Instead of Nightmare, I might recommend something like Geth, Lord of the Vault as a big finisher. You want card draw, by the way, stuff like Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, and/or Sign in Blood. I would take Fleshbag Marauder over Gatekeeper any day of the week. You may wish to consider Vampire Nighthawk as a decent body to keep you alive and honestly the OP pic is a good choice too. If you're building for multiplayer, consider more Grey Merchants, their effect is extremely powerful.

Thanks. I'll take a look. Here have this Poland longing to rape Russia picture.

Can someone red pill me on why OP is considered to be such hot shit these days, but why pic related is generally considered to be hot garbage?

format is weaker, so a creature that kills anything is very good.

also the SCARAB GOD can bring back Chupacabra at instant speed as a 4/4 zombie version of itself from the grave

Nekrataal is conditional while Ravenous Chupacabra is not.

>nonartifact, nonblack

I thought OP was mostly ht shit in limited. Is Hungry Boi good in constructed?

Eh, that's been the best answer I've heard so far.
Sure, but Nekrataal still hits 75% of creatures and is still is somewhat useful after ETB with First Strike.

I mean, yeah in limited I would run it all day, but constructed? I'm still not seeing it I guess. Must still just be a bad player then...

The only constructed format this would see play in is Standard.

Yeah, I'm tracking on that. Still don't think I'd run it DESU.

constructed right now plays tons of artifacts and black creatures (the scarab god tokens are all black in addition to their normal colors)

you'd be wrong, you simply do not understand this format, it revolves around the SCARAB GOD and this card is a fucking godsend in combination with SCARAB.

Nekrataal, back in its day, was a solid card. You get to kill a good portion of dude's and get a 2/1 first striker. Decks that did run it ran 1 or 2. It's more narrow, but it's useful, and if Chups was a 2/2 Nekrataal instead, it would still see standard play.

>75% of creatures
Too bad artifact creatures are some of the most important targets in the game!

I just wanted a playable chupacabra card.
I mean Lurking Chupacabra wasn't terrible for limited but Hungry Boi is the real shit.

>red pill
The Jews are hyping it up so they can jack up the price and reap billions of dollars, or something.

Hi

It's the blandest, most midrange card to ever ETB on a battlefield.

>the scarab god tokens are all black in addition to their normal colors

nah, they're just black

Why does blue always get touted as the color that doesn't let their opponents play magic, when white has all the blatant fun-police cards?

It's a perception thing.

See, blue counters spells, so you don't get to HAVE the thing you want. White just (generally, outside of things it really hates, like Enchantments) still lets you have them, but you can't enjoy them. Blue is seen as worse because it's depriving the player of possession/experience rather than function/use.

Same reason green can throw extra lands onto the battlefield all fucking day, but if I want to blow up one of your lands, it costs like eight mana now and I have to discard my hand.

Physically taking things away from a player is more psychologically disruptive.

mtg is for pedophiles

Also even if your Chupacabra doesn't kill anything it is still a 2/2. Counterspells takes it away completely, and it is pretty easy to so since counterspells are so flexible (not talking about standard, even though essence scatter is ok).

Why is Chupacabra getting so much attention? I've been running Noxious Gearhulk for a while now. In most cases, Chupacabra is just worse Noxious to me, since I play GPG. The lifegain and menace is not negligible.

6 mana vs 4 mana

Noxious is a 6 mana Mythic, hungry boi is a 4 mana Uncommon.

Instead of 5$ and 9$ cards for a casual deck, I have some more budget options.

For Phyrexian Arena
>Read the bones
>Underworld connections

For a finisher
>Tetzimoc, Primal Death
>Archfiend of Depravity
>Bloodgift Demon
>Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief

How can I improve this deck to win even faster.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/competitive-20-infect-deck/

Maybe adding more expensive cards?

In addition to Noxious being two more mana, which is a serious issue, it also is an artifact, opening it to more removal than Chupacabra. Mana curves are a real thing, man.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/competitive-20-infect-deck/

Become Immense
Blight Mamba

Blight Mamba is in the side deck.

I cant get 6 mana in two turns even if I discard my most of my hand. +4+4 for one is better than +6+6 for 6 with delve

I'm just happy this isn't a common, otherwise pauper would be fucked.

>laughing Kuldotha and Bogles players

With the current black decks running edicts up the ass, no boggles player should be laughing.

For whatever reason, every Bogles player I've gone up against lately has been dumping their hand. It's gotten to the point where I'm siding in my Electrickeries. Is this the fear of edicts?

White usually screws everyone equally. They gimp their deck to run their hates which are so strong they affect everyone. Blue barely never hurts itself on the other hand.

My meta is so that I even mainboard Electrickeries. Delvers, faeries, goblins, elves. No imagination in these niggas.

:^)

white is the hatebear color

Well, my point remains. Raffing Bogles and laughing Kuldotha.

Phyrexian Arena is usually a 2-of at best, so it's not -that- much more expensive. Also I remember when I got mine at $3 each lol, man so crazy that it's gone up that much

Standard needs stifle or I can see scarab god getting a quick ban February 12th and a mass exodus of standard players.

>Grixis Midrange and Esper GPG shoot up through the ranks
>scarab god and GPG get banned
>Constrictor and Hazoret get tagged too premtively
It would be amazing. I genuinely think that would cause enough asshurt for a significant change in playerbase.

I thought Phyrexian Arena was still only like four or five bucks.

Most of them are around $6 USD. You can check market prices on tcgplayer.com, I have no idea why anyone is confused about Magic prices when they're on Veeky Forums of all places, just go look yourself.

Not really opened to more removal. In standard, the only major things Noxious Gearhulk dies to are abrade, unlicensed disintegration, - empowered - harnessed lightning, and vraska's contempt.
Meanwhile, ravenous dies to magma spray, shock, lightning strike, base harnessed lightning, slash of talons, moment of craving, essence extraction, vraska's contempt... Literally any spell, even a revolt triggered fatal push (which, it will be triggered by you killing their creature).
I'm not saying noxious gearhulk is better, or the 2 mana cost increase doesn't matter, but your point that more removal options are available to Noxious is a joke.

It's also two more mana, which is a big deal.

I mean we have Stifle that draws you a card, but people seem to really hate Nimble obstructionist.

Everyone has already pretty much abandoned Standard. We're already at Combo Winter level of bannings, it's ridiculous.

All the LGS's around me used to have 16+ show up for FNM Standard back during the RTR days. Now they haven't had Standard been able to fire in months.

Magic is dieing, and WotC is killing it.

When you have to pay 4 mana to remove a creature at instant speed you might as well pay 4 to have it on a creature you can bring back with gpg and scarab god

Is this even good enough anymore.

In limited Nekrataal is very much a first pickable creature. If Chupacabra is constructed playable it will be more because of circumstances (such as being good together with TSG) than because it being good enough on its own.

What people complain about has more to do with what it represents about WotC's current design philosophy than its power level. It's unconditional removal on an otherwise vanilla creature that doesn't even have any relevant creature types in a tribal set. There's no play to it. No desicion making that goes into putting it in your deck. Nothing to latch onto. In Nekrataal's case, even if there are no black or artifact creatures on the battlefield, making its ETB essentially the same as Chupacabra's, it has first strike which means that there's actually some play to it on the battlefield. It behaves differently if there's three toughness creatures on the other side than if there aren't. There's something for your opponent to play around.

There are many ways the Chupacabra could have been made a better design (though not necessarily a more powerful card). For example, by making the removal conditional.
>destroy target creature an opponent controls with 4 or less power.
>target creature an opponent controls gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
>deals 2 damage to target creature an opponent controls and you gain 2 life.
Or, make it a Vampire and have the trigger only work in a dedicated Vampire deck.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Vampire card from your hand. If you do, destroy target creature.

Blue says no. White says not yet.

People feel a lot better knowing they can deal with a Thalia later whereas blue doesn’t afford them the opportunity.

>3 cmc in green
Maybe if it was blue you'd have a point but why would green save lands

You mean FoW?

Yikes.

Because merfolk are U/B you dingus

That is no reason to save lands
Unless you know that your twat of an opponent have RC on hand

It's a flash creature. You might as well wait until your opponents end step to cast it anyway.

>playing green creatures without Concordant Crossroads out
But why

Maybe we're playing modern? Or sealed even?

Ohh I just assumed you were heterosexual. Sorry

If you're flashing in the hexproof merfolk against a chupa I fucking hope you're not playing legacy but standard

>not playing 60 card/4 of each type all black borders allowed
Gay

>aethersnatch
I want this card altered with Trump and the flavor text: "Grab them by the pussy"

Anyone got any fog list for standard i could try? Something like the new perspective thing that was popular for a few weeks.

There is no way either of those cards wkll get banned because they have lots of different ways to be dealt with. Off the top of my head
>sentinel totem
>sorcerous spyglass
>silent gravestone
>disallow
>nimble obstructionist
>any artifact removal for GPG
>any way of exiling a creature

The majority of those are colourless and cost 1 or 2 mana, if you can't put at least one in your sideboard then you can't really complain

>Commander night always gets going
>Modern FNM and Modern Monday always has +10 people showing
>Last time I went to Standard FNM for the Fatal Push promo we had 3 people showed
>And then they killed promos.
>WotC:"If we just print Standard tokens for FNM it will attract more standard players without having to give them reprints."
Fucking retards

I'd say to have them both in a mono black Yahenni edh deck

>tfw you get the wrong foil Chupacabra

This game is a scam.

youtube.com/watch?v=356ilzFF8BE

Because it's in standard, retard.

I didn't know Americans were in Magic.

You will need to explain the joke.

Kek

Wait, you mean the 56% meme? If that's the case fuck off back to /pol/, this is Veeky Forums. And I ain't even American.

This jump aboard the edh train while standard sets are still being printed

Good! Good!
Let the asshurt flow through you!

CURLLLING IN MY SLEEVE
THIS CARD WILL START TO PEEL

Don't be a fag, it was a solid joke. Bringing up /pol/ anytime anyone says anything remotely racist is the same as thinking all rainbow designs everywhere are fag banners

Okay, I kill your Swift Warden instead, then. I'm still a card up.

>solid joke
I too was a middle schooler once.

I flash him in response the etb effect of your chupacabra so you already have selected your objetive. Do you even play the game?

>there's no way felidon guardian will get banned because it has lots of different ways to be dealt with

It's like thinking everyone with a fursona is necessary a furry.

He just did a solid racist solid joke that by complete coincidence happened to get one of /pol/'s key talking points for the quarter into this thread.

That doesn't mean he thinks he's hacking your mind with his genius-level intelligence any more than making your own Sonic character necessarily means you've fapped to that Sonic character.

If there's two things that Veeky Forums is all about it's SOLID racial demography jokes and giving people the benefit of the doubt.

>if I whine more about it then it will go away
Ok, keep bringing it up instead of ignoring it, let me know how that works out