Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme/Commentary
youtube.com/watch?v=GDs67k-v698

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14907703
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Sisters a QT !

What're you working on anons? Any recent purchases or completed models? Any hobby goals? Any upcoming games?

is it worth investing in some fancy sable brushes?

Waiting for some chinaman and retailer bananas to show up

Wait for 1Keks, go Ad Mech or wait for some non-imperium stuff like Deldar/Ynnari/Harleys?

What are you working on currently?

Wait for keks. If they turn out to be shitty then wait for space elves

I want to make a custodes list with space marine allies painted in their colours and to convert a guillman model to the emperor like pic related. What do you guys think?

Currently at work, but I’m going to try my hand at greenstuffing cloaks for my chad trueborn to differentiate them from the virgin Kabalites.

Finishing this wee bastard. Been working on a bunch of them recently, albeit very slowly, and I loose motivation when I have to work on the batch so I decided to get back to my usual method of 1 dude at a time, made good progress. Only have the light armour grey highlights and the pauldrons to do.

I rate your librarian btw. Although I'll get pissy and say that normally the LotD allegedly abandoned all ranks when they became Damned but oh well, rule of cool my dude.

so why don't they just surround terra with razor wire?

working on a coat of arms for my knights household, will use it to inform the paint scheme and iconography

pic related is where I'm at so far, I'm having a think about honour marking and campaign badges

I base my army off a White Dwarf article from September of 1998. They were able to take Librarians, Dreadnoughts, Techmarines, Captains, etc. It was a really cool article. WD 224, it should be in the mega

>Buying into the "The Imperium are the bad guys" meme
Surely you don't do that, user ?

I really like that blue colour you've got going on.

Working on this guys rider at the moment

would be cool

I heard that forge-world is actually already making an emperor model so maybe see if that's a thing first.

How can GW fix evil space elves?

We're supposed to be the fast and killy army.

How could they be the good guys with pic related around?

currently painting 10 guard neophytes+1HWT

who're you talking to user?

Because spooky scary skeletons can't be the good guys.

yes.

Neither can commies but that doesn't stop tau fags from thinking they are the good guys.

I'm working towards completing a minimum DKoK batallion of 1 Marshal, 1 Officer and 30 ordinary Guardsmen. I don't have pics right now, however. Hopefully soon.

Working on the rest of the army after completing this guy. Finishing up the brain jars now.

aren't you doing an admech themed guard force?

Can I get the link to the leaked Custodes PDF from a few threads ago?

Thanks guys.

So is there any chance to build a viable list with a one box of each unit? I mean one box of guard, one box of bikes, one box of allarus and a Trajann or Celestine. Maybe I will also get a Custodian Wardens box but I would have to drop the Trajann or Celestine (tight budget for a long while)

Is that a custom or official? Would probably be able to one shot kill the opposite army.

There was a leaked PDF?

check the archives

Is there no updated version of the black library? All i seem to find is this old one which doesnt include all of the current horus heresy books

whats a cool color combo for the grey knights banners, tabards and those little shields they have glued to their shoulder? ive only ever seen red or red/white.

Is pic related a viable unit ?

Gonna let the skirmish strawpoll go on for a few more threads before I leave it.
strawpoll.me/14907703

101 total votes so far, but that's not the number of people who've voted since you can pick multiple options.
>SW:A in the lead with 22 total votes
Mildly anxious since at the time of posting this, 18 people have selected that they'd at least consider trying a 40k-Infinity conversion, but only 7 selected the option that they're actually interested in it, which is the lowest number, so it's tied for 2nd place in people who'd be willing to try it, but last in people actually interested in it. Although I still think those are good response numbers, it's currently tied for 2nd place with 8th edition 'unofficial' killteam after all.

old posts

No it was just a supplemental detachment to my Admech force, since the Admech don't have any superheavies of their own, and Knights were a disappointment.

6’s to wound on Splinter Weapons are mortals instead(adding a mortal would be broken.) except for vehicles. Imagine it like a crit, the shard hit a vital artery or something.
Cheaper Reavers and Hellions, better customization on Archon with another role instead of being an expensive Ld stick. Infantry with Disintegrator cannons, make haywire useful. Bloodbrides become trueborn equivalents with 4 wych weapons per squad. Incubi can advance and charge as can Wyches. Decent Kabal, cult, coven tactics and stratagems. The list goes on because Murder Elves have a huge flavor potential rivaled only by Space Marines and Guard.

Just make sure you use Primaris marines and not manlets.

That's looking bready good user

that's terrible

Nah it's just GW trying to bait out unfaithful employees.

Is it actually the whole book or just the few screenshots of the models people have recieved? Looked through the archives and cant find it sadly.

I don't get why people like SW so much. It's boring and using templates in such a small games seems to be poinless

just a couple of photos

k

Green and yellow does not look good for knights IMO. Look up actual European heraldry for good colour combinations, could look cool otherwise

Not without his sandpaper cigarettes.

user it's not like (You) are going to do anything like make a fucking game. Stop wasting valuable shit posting space, and make your own thread if it's that interesting to people.
My guess: thread saged in 3 hours, tops

Well of the Imperium wants to win they should find a way to work with the NECRONS they are the 40k Ghost-Busters of god and godlike beings.

>now I want to paint a Ghost-Buster themed Necron army
>Damn it TG

>using templates in such a small games seems to be poinless
you severely underestimate how useful ordinance-template frag grenades are in a game where simply hitting someone causes a pin

>they are the 40k Ghost-Busters of god and godlike beings
You got a point there, they seem to have the highest kill count on that, hell they already have the means to stop chaos if they actually cared enough to get the pylons working again.

>actual European heraldry
funny you should say that I was basing it on this with an Ad mech flair

>viable

Elite armies will never be viable, so go nuts

I've got some Primaris Hellblasters and a Redemptor to build and paint, I've been distracted by Hollow Knight the last two weeks. Planning to paint them Brazen Claws.

Anybody knows what I should use if I want to strip Citadel paint off a resin Ahrimain?

>6’s to wound on Splinter Weapons are mortals instead
Jesus fucking Christ no. Are you insane?

>Working on the rest of the army after completing this guy.
I'll call you a liar until you can prove otherwise user

Hmmm. Maybe try to darken the colours a bit?

general rule of thumb with heraldry;

don't put "metals" (yellow/white) on each other
don't put "colours" (blue/black/green/red/purple) on each other

Note how the historical coat of arms layers tinctures upon metallics and metallics upon tinctures, keeps its devices intact instead of bisecting them and doesn't fail at the attempt to copy the holy cog wheel of the Omnissiah.

Left is recently finished Canoness.

Right is my next project, Wargame Exclusive Dominator count-as Hector Rex.

Nice camo scheme. You almost can't see them.

Forgot pic...

Left is recently finished Canoness.

Right is my next project, Wargame Exclusive Dominator count-as Hector Rex.

How did you paint that eldar user!

Alrighty I'll tinker with it some. Thanks forth advice gents

I play Dark Eldar. You tell me.

god the beast is such a good series

Also, definitely fatten up the cog. Remember, coats are supposed to be discernible at a distance.

This is no place for a virgin thin cog, make it thick and bulbous so it can be deserving to be the Chadnissiah's icon.

It's nice of GW to finally release an army for the working man

>stupidly low model count so quick to assemble
>braindead paint scheme is just a spray and a wash
>actual efficacy is irrelevant because you don't play games

Painted this boy up as a secret Santa present

Chaos sisters when?

Were they on the naughty list?

>cost 2 twice as much for half the models

Doh, I thought it looked okay

>end of january
>painted this boy up as a secret Santa present
isn't that a little late or early?

It's tabletop ++

thinyourpaints(2).tga

That is really cool. Is that a kit you used or did you design the thing yourself?

Am I the only one who finds the generic gold Custodes quite ugly? Even when well painted they just seem off. I don't think the colours work well.

>new Slaanesh Palatine Blade elite infantry
>3 Attacks
>special ability Agile Duelist: When wielding two of the same melee weapon, a model with this rule may dedicate all their attacks to one of the weapons, it may then make that many attacks with the same weapon, these attacks do not generate additional attacks.

>total number of attacks; 6 per model
jesus fuck user those better be at least 24 points per model

not going to lie, the cog has been a massive pain in my ass, I'm fairly new to GIMP so a lot of the time has been trying to learn to make and distort brushes

I don't want to be called a WAAC faggot for using my deldars, but that on a huskblade and -4 ap would be welcome

Any good tip regarding neophyte and HWT?
With IG I'd just go Lascannon and plasma.

you don't like the custard and strawberry look..you could always go the black or whit ones or even fuck it go pink purple and cyan

Why the fuck are you doing this with brushes? Use flexible selections and just fill that shit.

Funny story
>Read Dark Angels and Eldar as Dark Eldar
>Sent a Talos and a Raider
>He actually plays DA
>Sending this as a replacement
My edge highlighting isn't very good yeah
Thanks user!

New toys came in the mail today so I guess I'm working on a tech priest and boxnaught, which has hopefully stripped enough to work with by now

I chose to say 6s become auto mortals because 6s adding an additional mortal would be retarded. Maybe a toughness test to avoid a mortal on 6’s? But yeah, I want a reason to use a huskblade.

Forge World revealed that they’re eventually making a model for the Emperor in HH Book 7. Although considering how slow their normal pace was even before Bligh died you probably won’t get a look at it for unironically 10+ years when they finally catch up to Terra.

It's not bad, I've got a few critques for you though.

The tassels are inconsistent and I can see spots where the undercoats still showing.
the shoulder pads above them look unfinished.
The green you've chosen to highlight with is a) a bit thick on the shoulder pad and b) far too bright compared to the base layer.
Missed a bit with your wash (specifically the box on his right side)
overuse of the Nilahk oxide on the shin.
theres white showing through on the belt buckle
The hazard stripes on the cables don't go all the way around making it just look like it's spotted instead.
the suface of the miniature looks a bit bobbly, possibly a poor priming job

The flesh change stratagem can be used to place chaos spawn units directly into combat with enemy units without having to charge or deal with overwatch.

Neat!

But user that looks like a HH era Death Guard. Or is that the joke?

>dubs
wow, they sure made it a lot more funny you niceguy

So how hard would it be to make a Malal worshipping CSM band and accompanying demons? What crunch would you use with them?

No. He wants to get in melee but move 5" a turn and can't embark in any transport.

However, it completely shit upon chaos and psyker charaters in melee thanks to T5 4++ and S5 AP3 rerolling hits and wound.

But he has to get in melee.

Basically, against good players he is trash because his preferred targets will always avoid him. In a casual environment, he will stomp anything heretic.

TL;DR :
Slow melee dread that only works against chaos and psyker. Too niche and slow to be reliable in a take-all-comers list.

because I'm new and whensearching howto make cog wheels everyone+ dog was saying to make a cogtooth brush draw a line with it and the use polar coordinates distortion to produce the cog

Why dose Ravenwing only use atmospheric assault fighters and not Xiphons. What happens if the Fallen try to escape in spaceship or something??? Is that not a thing