Because I feel like I have to Edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
Tell me about how death is handled in your character or setting's religion.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Death is an unacceptable option as far as my character is concerned. He set out to make a name for himself to elevate his wife's standing in dwarven society and he will not fail.

>tfw you're a fiendlock and the only thing waiting for you after death is hell

Best get to working on immortality then.

Why hello there.

Also can we agree that 5e is just a hollow shell of Pathfinder & is overall inferior to it.

I actually am lol

>mfw players in my group act surprised my character does not pursue immortality after the end of the campaign
>mfw everyone's vowing to become immortal heroes and gods while I'm pursuing a life of philanthropy and landowning

Death is a sorrowful occasion but also a joyous one just like birth. When you're born, your soul leaves the Soulmother's side (chief goddess who births the souls of all mortals) and enters your mortal body. Your blood parents raise you, you live your life and in the end, die having experienced what it was to be mortal. When you die, you return to the Soulmother's side, no longer a child (in soul terms) but an adult where you remain.

At birth, the midwife (a cleric of Korris the Soulmother) wears black to signify the Soulmother's loss of one of her children while the parents wear white to signify their gaining of a child. At death, the attending priest (also usually a cleric of the Soulmother) wears white to signify the joy of a mother regaining her child while the family of the deceased wear black to signify the sorrow of losing a loved one.

Of course, you can go hang with your chosen god after you die. A paladin of Vemnas isn't gonna stick with the Soulmother but rather go hang with him or Parroin or any other other gods.

What's the best split for a EK/Wizard MC? Do I just go to 7 for War Magic and then go all Wizard from there to add spell slots?

>patron takes away all your powers because they're salty about not getting a soul

They can't do that. They give secret knowledge to unlock your potential, not power.

EK5/Abjuration15.
Gets you extra attacks and lets you get 8th level spells.

Depends on the setting.

Wouldn't War Magic be a step up from Extra Attack though?

Anyone done champion 18 barb 2? I know battlemaster and brute are better fighter archtypes, just want to score criticals a lot.

Just play a wizard user, it will guarantee you more crits, more damage & more bitches.

What are good classes for Horny Bitches

That's up to you. Do you think you'll ever hit 20th level? If not, then go EK7. If you'll hit 20th level, decide whether you want War Magic or an 8th level spell slot.

>angering shadfag
you're doing gods work, OP.

A dumb barbarian with high CHA.
A sorcerer.
A bard.
A warlock.

ANY Charisma class. Except paladin. Slutty paladins are absolute shit-tier

WIZARD ALWAYS WIZARD IN THIS SHITTY EDITION.

PREFERABLY GO PLAY PATHFINDER ITS THE SUPERIOR GAME ANYWAY

>Implying I'm angry.
Why create my own when I can shit up yours instead :^)

Tomelock, go sexy librarian

Valid interpenetration but the PHB doesn't explicitly say this. A DM could go with the "powers com directly from your patron" route if they wanted.
Rogue if you want to be a femme fatale
Sorcerer if you want to be an airhead thot
Bard if you want to be a hedonistic slut

Anyone got any music recommendations for massive sea beasts attacking a ship?

>obligatory Pirates of the Caribbean suggestion

>I didn't get to make a thread, so now I'm going to throw an autism fueled shitfit.
Way to prove how not mad you are.

Tricky Cleric, just like best girl.

>cuckhan posters
Every fucking time, honestly

>Mfw gonna a play an Oath of Ancients paladin that loves spreading joy and protecting people
>Especially if that joy is in a bedroom somewhere
Bonus is he doesn't care if it's a guy or girl.
This campaign is gonna be pretty fun, especially since one of the other players still catches shit because I sent a pic to the wrong number.

I'll need to play this sometime.

I think I might play a front line straight wizard
Abjuration so I don't die
Mountain dwarf for the Weapon and Armour profs
Whack people with booming blade warhammer
Cast self buffs

Of course I'd forget the pic

Does readying as an action consume your reaction also?

Not until the trigger, then you use your reaction to do whatever the readied action was

not until you actually use the readied action

You use your reaction when you take your readied action.

It does when you do the readied action. Conceivably, you could use your reaction on something else until that point.

>5etools
>latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
This is not the latest update.

>immortal heroes and gods
My character wants immortality so he can quietly live by himself forever without worrying about aging to death.

My party is doing White Plume Mountain. They don't have a dwarf, but the halfling does wear a Belt of Dwarvenkind. Would it make sense to let them attune to Whelm?

Class tier list.

GO

What are the best magic items to give a lore bard? A friend of mine just joined the group and brought his pc from another game in but doesnt have any magic items while the rest of my group is decked out in shit. We're all level 13

>Top tier
What you want to play
>Shit tier
What fags on a bulgarian toothpick grinding forum tell you to play
>The fuck are you doing tier
Mystic

Personally I'd allow it.

Nopes. Whelm is sentient and could visibly see he isn't a dwarf.

>Top Tier
Long Rest Classes (except Sorcerer)

>Medium Tier
Everyone else

I saw a lot of DMs who "focus on the story" and throw few combat encounters, and you need too much of them to even out. There's barely any chance of more than 6 to encountera too

Nobody fucking implied that, stop making autistic assumptions to go on a political crusade on a non-political board

An Instrument of the Bards is always good.

I gave one of my bards a Cap of Heroes which has 1d4+1 charges of the Heroism spell, regains 1d4 each day at dawn and gives him advantage on saving throws v. fear. He also has an instrument he plays to deal 1d6 sonic damage (+1d6 for every four total levels of Bard) to a single target.

Whelm is sentient but I'd let the halfling attempt to convince him to let him be used temporarily. Something like, please let me use you and once we're finished with our mission, we'll immediately hunt down a dwarven kingdom to return your to your people.

Any Instrument of the Bards is a slam dunk.
Anything that boosts AC or saves is always good.
Anything that effectively grants spell slots. (Spell Storing, Pearl of Power, etc)

Exactly, this is 5e not pathfinder.
Party composition can be 4 rangers and it'll still work.

Based mods ty

God Tier
Paladin(Always)
Top Tier
Wizard, Cleric, Bard, Rogue
Good Tier
Fighter, Sorcerer, Barbarian
Shit Tier
Warlock (why would you want to be an auto-turret.)

doing something similar currently, but I went Cleric1/Wizard9. Cleric gets you the armor/shield prof and a few extra cantrips and spells. I'm doing Knowledge domain for some extra skills, but War, Death, Healing, they all work good with Abjuration.

Pretty sure Giddy posts the mega containing the latest push of 5etools.

>rods from mods

Why Paladin on top?

I had a Divination 8/Knowledge 1 character that worked breddygood. At least, I wasn't absolutely fucked if I got caught in melee.

Move Rogue and Warlock to good tier and Fighter to shit tier and you would be 100% right

They designed long rest classes with the idea that long rests occur only after about 6 encounters, but that's not the case because there's no mechanical limits on when you can take a rest, only how often.

It'd have been better if they'd said short rests occur after every 2 encounters, long rest after 6, instead of trying to weave something that mechanical into narrative.

LR classes are anyone with spell slots who isn't a Warlock. And if you do 2 Shorts per Long, Warlock's utility power starts to even out with the other classes.
The real issue is that Nobody is really sure how to balance the rests, like how many encounters per SR.
Fourth Edition made every class have identical resources, but 3 encounters per long rest worked very well.

However, now that its all different, its kinda hard to balance it. Rogues can literally go forever. Fighters need a short rest every encounter to keep their buttons.

The tweet implies it. What other message would you take from it? Besides him shitting on the fan base with a straw man attempt to vilify anyone who doesn't fall in line with the New World Order.

>Why Paladin on top?
not the dude you're asking, but Paladin's get everything. Heavy Armor, Martial Weapons, Smite for huge damage, huge bonus to saving throws, healing and lots of other doo-dads. But Aura of Protection and Divine Smite are the reasons they're on top.

I wanna be the munchkin. Are there any workable ways to powergame in 5e, Veeky Forums?

>play with an American who plays a half-orc for just about two years
>he doesnt' do accents but does RP very well and makes his voice deeper
>eventually meet his orc parent
>DM (Scottish) does an American accent for her
>I now cannot picture orcs and half-orcs that do not have American accents

>rogue better than fighter
On what planet?

Mearls is colossal faggot, sure. But you, user, you are off the charts.

Not saying wizards wouldnt like to make DnD more accessible for it would get them more bucks. But i think it is generally good thing.

Even if you don't like the eventual 6e, it's not like WotC can sent commando at your house to stop you from playing whatever edition you like better.

I don't think Warlock deserves shit tier and especially no for these reasons - they still have more options than ranged Fighter.

A planet where your DM has more than a single encounter per short rest.

play a wizard

IN THIS SHITTY VERSION:

NO NEED TO PLAY ANYTHING ELSE TIER:
WIZARD

seriously wheres the variation like in pathfinder? Does 5e do anything superior than based Pathfinder.

>They designed long rest classes with the idea that long rests occur only after about 6 encounters
They have said this is not the case at all. The 6-8 encounter thing is the hard upper limit for DMs to not pass, unless you want to run your party into the ground. The average adventuring day is still going to be far less. Furthermore they also made CR with players being at full power in mind.

Crawford has said all of this on Twitter.

>Are there any workable ways to powergame in 5e, Veeky Forums?
depends, is your DM a major pussy?

Salty elf

>variation like in pathfinder?
>variation
>pathfinder
hoo boy

With CBE and with a knife in one hand and a handcrossbow in the other could I go full on CQC mode and attack with knife, then bonus action handcrossbow?

I can't picture a dwarf without a Scottish accent

Do you allow players to point buy stats less than 8?

He's forgiving and kind, how do I abuse it?

mexican dwarves, user. You can thank me later.

>Besides him shitting on the fan base with a straw man attempt to vilify anyone who doesn't fall in line with the New World Order.
That is exactly what i did take from it.

Ranger Beastmaster is BROKEN.

No because you still need a hand to reload your crossbow.
Goddamn what are Thri-Kreen gonna do to the hand economy

Can go bladesinger
Shadowblade for your weapon is fun cause 2d8 psychic
Int+dex for AC when bladesong is up
Shield still works with gfb/bb cause theyre cantrips (rules suck imo that you can never do two proper spells a turn even with bonus actions)
Mage armor for obvious initial buff
Cause you wear no armor you can always get bracers of defence for +2 ac
2 rings of prot, not so much for the ac but for the saves
Warcaster/resilience feats are preferred for maintaining shadow blade. If using an actual weapon you can abuse haste as your concentration slot is free so you'll get up to triple attack a turn with lvl 6 bladesong
Dump stats into int->dex->con

>LR classes are anyone with spell slots who isn't a Warlock.
And Paladin

>The real issue is that Nobody is really sure how to balance the rests, like how many encounters per SR.
It's on the DMG, but most didn't read it or ignore it as its too much combat

>Rogues can literally go forever.
No, they don't have infinity HP and they also don't have burst, so they are worse than long rest classes in games with few combat encounters

>Fighters need a short rest every encounter to keep their buttons.
Every other encounter*

Hoyl fuck why did I never think of that

Loremaster Wizard

user Paladin has spell slots and until improved divine smites their slot burning is all they have going for them

>Even if you don't like the eventual 6e, it's not like WotC can sent commando at your house to stop you from playing whatever edition you like better.
Sure. At least not until the #MeToo movement reaches D&D. And you can get banned from organized play for not including women and trannies in your game. Oh wait, that's already happening. Enjoy your 3e- lite, and enjoy nat20 autosuccess being an actual rule in the next book.

You clearly dont actually play this game very much if you have never encountered autistic rules lawyers

High AC, good hit die, SMITE, good non-smite spells, Auras, healing, good saving throws.

>warlock higher than fighter
>rogue not top tier
C'mon now.

On one where your DM does more than throw just combat encounters at you. A rogue with a shitton of skill proficiencies is more valuable than a fighter who hits things hard. The rogue can do decent damage AND crack open locks, scout ahead, set/disarm traps, etc.

Warlocks have more options than ranged fighter, yeah. But this is covering all the classes. An all-options Fighter is better than an all-options Warlock.

What if he carries multiple loaded, cocked crossbows on him and just drops his crossbow and pulls out another one instead of reloading it?

So tell them to fuck off. This has nothing to do with women, and Mearls virtue signalling proves he's a feminazi fuck who shouldn't be in charge of D&D. Wizards has gotten so pozzed I'm starting to wonder if we need to resurrect Lorraine as a Lich to take over. She'd do a better job than these fuckwits.

>you still need a hand to reload your crossbow
Only if I haven't fired it yet, right? So on low levels before multi attack it could work, no?

>/pol/ now supports rapists in positions of power
Can you PLEASE return to your containment board

>organized play
kek

I'm starting to think it's a requirement to play Paladins that you haven't read their spell list. I played with a guy who only used his slots for smites and then claimed the Paladin was boring.

That sounds like a nightmare lore-wise. You'd shoot people from bumping into them.

And carrying multiple pistols was a nightmare in flintlock days

And you just proved why Casters and Paladins are the best classes

>You'd shoot people from bumping into them
Crossbows can't have safeties on their firing mechanisms?