Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2013: We somehow survived the posting apocalypse

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Seed_Bank_Partnership
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that every child that does not ask about unlimited power is an idiot.

>They might know Ozpin knows a lot of things, but why assume he'd be willing to tell a bunch of kids?
But it doesn’t hurt to ask. Especially since he already let them in on some Big Fucking Secrets (Maidens in general. Salem’s existence. Magic’s existence. His immortality.) The worst thing he could say is “I dunno” or “you aren’t ready for that yet”

I don't believe so, if I remember how the series explained it. New timelines only come about from seriously major divergences like the Lifemaker being destroyed for good vs possessing Negi Springfield and continuing to live

This, especially since the Jedi knew you could Force lighting without falling to the darkside.
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment

The moon is something I can understand them not asking about since it's obviously been like that for really, really long time. But I think they would definitely want to know more about what Salem's capable of and how they can defeat her. Sam goes for the relics since they're risking their lives for them, and most people don't just accept that someone's an immortal body snatcher without digging into their history.

I thought at least Juan would want to know more about the maidens after what happened to Pyhrra. And as for Summer and the silver eyes, both of those are things only Ruby would be willing to ask about, and I honestly think she would if it weren't for the writer's not wanting her to.

So she's murdering an entire universe full of people every time she resets. How horrifying.

Meant for obviously

How many jumps into your chain before your jumper isn't afraid of mundane threats anymore?

So, what's the best way to get the whole dilemma of Nier to be resolved peacefully?
I got the Alchemist's Journal from Mana Khemia. Would working with the Shadowlord, the Grimoires, and the Tree and making empty artificial psuedo-mana bodies for the Gestalts to put themselves into be a good idea for solving the problem without having to piss off the most dangerous Papa on the planet? Plus, if I do this, we can finally get around to teaching people magic and alchemy so they can defend themselves from the eventual ayy lmaos

Do we have a D3 Jump being made?

Depends on what you mean by mundane.
Bullets aren't an issue any more if I can anticipate them, but sustained mortar I don't see coming could still end me.
It's pretty goddamn hard to get the drop on me, though.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Humans already know magic, though, that's the backstory for the setting. Ending E of Drakengard caused magic to enter our universe, everyone got fucked because the Mother Grotesquerie wasn't entirely dead.

>Oh hey a spoiler mentioning me
>Wonder what the next one wi-

>Humans already know magic, though,
That's what I meant. After we get all the Gestalts saved, we can then get around to using the Grimoires and stuff to teach people actual magic rather than having it all hoarded by some retarded android twins with no sense of subtlety or planning

Has there been any sign from that one user working on Stardew Valley? It's been quite a while since I've seen anything.

Starvation, thirst, exposure, aging no longer problems. Enough explosives (think "kill an elephant") probably still lethal. Trying to decide on 7th jump, need to rest after a not-so-fun run through Tomb Kings.

I like to take things slow

>need to rest
So you want something more laid-back or less lethal?
Jurassic Park might be fun for you then

That works, actually, thanks.

Be the clever girl. You know you want to.

Actually, did anyone other than me go dinosaur during JP?

Which kind of mundane threats, like people shooting you or the IRS taking all your money for being a universe jump tax avoider

I did as well, user. You are not alone.

I did, took it as a vacation after going to K6BD. Went Utahraptor spliced with Komodo Dragon, grabbed the RV, and decided to just goof around for 10 years as a traveling scientist dinosaur.

>getting blood on the nice outfit
Definitely only four jumps in.

>not pterodactyl

Not too many? Maybe taking oMage early and his drift into Progenitor foci leading to Life/Corr/Prime/Mind "fuck you I'm a psychic hivemind now because being a Progenitor means could and should are now the same". As it turns out, having backup bodies makes things like "getting shot in the head" a lot less dangerous.

Look, you try and use your knowledge of xenobiology to get a job one time and suddenly you're headed down the dark path of CAREER RESEARCH into the realm of Progenitors and next thing you know your coworkers made wereraptors in an effort to overshadow your work and you have a sudden desire to kill them and steal their research to publish first.

ah

Jumpers! I'm sure we all have countless different outfits for every possible occasion, but what about those outfits and costumes you wear when you just don't give a fuck and want to look as gaudy or extravagant as possible?

What do you wear whenever you want to be the center of attention and let everyone know what you're all about?

Eh, technically not a Dinosaur. Also, I wanted to be the cuddly poofy giant chicken steed.

Mostly because I planned of going to Zero no Tsukaima next, and decided to be nice to Louis by being the cuddly familiar she always needed

Essentially, except without a complete disdain for all mammals

Yo, jumpmakers, which jump was the most difficult for you to make and why? Easiest?

I-I CAN SEE THE COSMOS IN THIS CAKE

ITS GAZING BACK AT ME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>What do you wear whenever you want to be the center of attention
Nothing

>What do you wear whenever you want to be the center of attention and let everyone know what you're all about?
Robes, either full on Black Mage style or similar to MCU Dr. Strange depending on how I feel at the time.

>Jumper ends up in highschool for the 700th time
We have way too many jumps that are set in highschool.

Speaking of which, what is the best school in the chain you can attend? However you define "best."

That’s because there are way too man6 IPs set in high school.

My halo. A man wearing a crown of holy fire is hard to ignore.

>which jump was the most difficult for you to make and why?
Warframe. Definitely Warframe. When I was given permission to update it, I knew that it was going to be a right beast to include not only all the material that was in it but also to find a way to make it so Tenno and Infested weren't the auto-choices. Also so people could come out of it feeling like they at least got enough.

>Easiest?
Binbougami, because it's not only silly but it appeals to me in many ways. So I was familiar enough with the material to know exactly what I needed to do.

What's different in the DBZ jump in the updates folder?

I've found a system that keeps things interesting for me, but keeps me from nullifying all the threats I might encounter. So, I won't hit that till I spark.

In any given jump, I have the powers I purchased for that jump, plus 1000 points(plus any active drawback's bonus worth of points) of prior perk(at purchase price). So at any given time, I'm ~2,000-3,200 cp worth of Jumper.

I think he changed it so you could import Companions into the pre-made OC companions? Bring them in as a Majin and the like.

>Hardest
Tsukihime because trying to add your own voice to an already-finished product is actually really difficult and time-consuming, and I am far from an expert on Nasuverse mechanics or metaphysics - half the reason I was constantly posting stuff was so folks could fact-check any mistakes I made, since I didn't trust my own memory with it. This later turned out to be a justified concern when I forgot TATARI was redundant with a Reality Marble perk in the same jump.

The runner-up is Boktai. I still have nightmares about the Arsenal table.

>Easiest
I made Saint Seiya in less than a week after binge-reading the original manga in like two days.

Even stranger, that jump had almost zero fuss when I first posted it, and then quietly rested on the drive.

I feel like that might be because Saint Seiya is actually a bit 'obscure' these days?

I think Madoka Wraith Timeline was the second-fastest jump I've made.

>what is the best school in the chain you can attend?
Al-Revis Academy. Flexible schedules, an open class selection process, personal incentives for good grades, a big fancy floating island to explore at your leisure, fun school festivals and events, and the ability to go into business for yourself and sell stuff you find to other students. You learn practical skills and gain hands on field experience in a controlled and fun environment.

Not bad for only 3 years of learning

So, millennium series is coming along. Been thinking on perks and how to represent a few different things. One thing that has tripped me up is how to represent Kiryu. Should it be a power? Or an item?

I was buried in some very showoff-y garb. Not as resplendent as that of Settra, or even pic related, mind you, but still rather gaudy.

Dream Jump
What's yours

Godzilla (Insert version here) Except 1998.

Points of Light 4e D&D Setting and Mechanics

Fate Stay Night was the hardest for me. It was the first one I'd done in years and far, far bigger than anything I'd done previously as a jump. A lot of options to do, a fair bit of stress in how I was going to be handling some stuff since I wasn't nearly as confident back then as I was now and the actual effort needed to do all the typing, since I hadn't found a comfortable length for my descriptions yet. Also I did most of the writing in a terrifying cabin up in the mountains without any sleep which didn't help.

Easiest was probably Kickboxer or Blade Runner 2. Short, simple, of properties I love and know very well and I had the media on hand or was making it immediately after watching the media.

>I did most of the writing in a terrifying cabin up in the mountains without any sleep which didn't help.
That sounds like a set up for a horror movie

>A rampant AI attracts four teens to a deadly cabin in the mountains after the creators forget to turn it off
That does sound like a horror movie

I'm fond of baka to test

Erma. Whether it's engaging in supernatural antics with the halfling, teasing her and her braces-wearing crush, or keeping an eye on Gentleman Ghost and her grandfather Osamu's schemes, there's a lot of stuff to do!

Hmm. If points weren't a consideration, but you could only have one, would you take Drain No from DC Young Justice or The Power Is Jumpers from Marvel Magic?

Both protect your powers from being drained or stolen. DN also protects them from being suppressed, while TPIJ also lets you integrate "loaned" powers permanently.

Jump 3?: Tsukihime
Origin: Wandering Magus
Perks:
Magic Circuits x50 [900] - I'll need a bigger ‘barrel’ than what Aoko had if I wanna do more with what I have.
Origin - ‘Wandering’
Basic Magecraft - Reinforcement, lesser version of other three - Hypnosis, Gradation Air, Formalcraft...basic mage garbage.
Sensei - Show up during pivotal moments in people's lives...I feel like this and the other thing is going to make me into a wandering meme.
Redshift Jumper - Changing colors when powering up is a time-honored tradition!
Starmine and Starbow - LASER LASER LASER LASER. [800]
True To Myself [600] - Immunity to mind control or persuasion, and I get away with stuff more often. That is dangerous in my grubby hands but I am not complaining.
Magic Gunner [300] - Magical energy use is a lot more efficient - I can use one ‘drop’ of magical energy like it was one-hundred
High Speed Magus [0] - Excellent multitasking and mental calculations, can prepare and execute spells in a few seconds or less, shorten rituals from minutes into seconds or hours into minutes. Can also blend together magic and physical combat seamlessly.
I'm Gonna Kick You [100] - Beating the hell out of something is always a valid solution!

Items:
Alarm Clock
Sealing Artifact
Dusty Old Notes [0]

Drawbacks:
This Chair [100]
Jumper, Lord of Multiversal Jackassery [300]

She frowns a little when she sees my choices, tilting the little bit of...paper? Paper, let's call it that. She pauses, opening her mouth, and then closes it again before she finally speaks. “Interesting.”

“What is?” I asked, feigning innocence.

“I was under the impression you knew this universe fairly well.”

“I like to think I do.”

“Characters you find compelling, possibly even attractive...”

“Uh...well, I mean, from a certain point of view...”

“A universe with plenty of opportunities for trouble or adventure...”

“I mean, things kinda take care of themselves-”

“A chance to, I don't know, -make things right- or something like that?”

“I-I guess.”

“...soooooo, why does this entire set of choices just scream ‘I plan on hiding under my bed like a scared little girl’?”

I cringe a bit before raising my hands defensively. “Okay, okay, you got me! I just got...all adventured out last time. And this world's really, really messed up. It's one thing to read about it, it's another to choose to make it my problem.”

“Not even going to try to court someone...?” She asked, looking at me doubtfully with a slight glare. Why was that the sore point? What are you, a matchmaker?!

“I'm just...not the hero type, that's all! I just wanna hit the road and adventure. I don't wanna worry about anyone or anything - because I'm the sort of guy who gets attached WAY too easily. And if I get attached, I won't adventure anymore, and I have to worry about actual responsibilities. That's what I came on this ride to get away from. And...'buying' someone's companionship with a slip of paper feels weird to me, especially since I'm still not used to the idea of them being real! Pointing someone out and going ‘I wanna date that’ feels way too casual. Is that really so bad?”

She taps the pen against her chin. “I suppose not. But you ARE under a contract, don't forget. Until this chain ends, I am the conductor of this play. And while you've done plenty of the work yourself so far, I'm worried you're going to get a bit too lazy and skittish for my tastes.” She looked thoughtful, resting her hand against her cheek, the pen still gripped between two fingers. “What to do, what to do...”

Question of the day: Is she actually giving serious though to this, or is she actually omniscient and is just toying with me right now? Because it's making me really anxious seeing her put so much thought into it.

It's a lone holiday cabin, basically just one room with an upstairs, on an empty hill way up there. Very pretty in the day, terrifyingly pitch black outside at night.

Pretty much the set up for Alan Wake

“Alright. I won't make you go to that world just yet. But I don't plan on you sitting on your laurels while avoiding socializing. Let's try somewhere not quite as dark, but not quite as...easily-avoided.”

Crap.

I meant to post that yesterday but then Veeky Forums was kill. I was originally going to put it to a vote but audience participation tends to be a bannable offense down here, so I'll be picking by hand.

This is the most 'realistic' reaction to a waifu jump, at least from my own POV, that I've typed ever.

>Hardest
So far that would have to be Divinity: Original Sin. It was that Magic section that did me in. Balancing and re-balancing each school against each other while trying to give it enough tone to keep it from becoming a simple shopping list was not just difficult. It was exhausting.

Honestly, the Underdark Jump is preemptively wearing down my desire to work on it for similar reasons.

>Easiest
That one is a little harder to nail down. System Shock 2 certain should be mentioned, considering I put it together in just under a week of actual work with very little wiki diving. But then there's Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor, which took a little longer, but just seemed to flow out of me once I got started on it.

I'd probably end up giving it to Katawa Shoujo though. Given how many times I had run through the game, I managed to get the tone right on the first run, with is rare for me, and from there everything just came together nicely.

What's with the hard questions tonight? Sheesh.

Most of my dream Jumps have been made. I did Night in the Woods myself. Teen Titans, Adventure Time, Steven Universe all already have Jumps. Even the unexpected favorites like Otoyomegatari have been done. If I had to ask for anything, it would probably be something silly I want but don't really need. Like xxxHolic or I Roved Out in Search of Truth and Love or Ava's Demon.

Drain No, because it's the best perk for fulfilling that particular role. Power is Jumper's has several alternatives with their own pros and cons, and the perk's background in Marvel Magic otherwise isn't that interesting.

>Glances at chains
>Original starts in Angel Notes as an Aristoteles
>Rebuild of Original starts in Tsukihime as a True Ancestor
>Side-chain starts in Marvel Magic as the Sky"father" Goddess of Life, Death, and Magic with her own Hell-Dimension.

Um....pretty much in the first Jump, if we're talking about mundane physical threats. Social and economic attacks on my interests are a bit trickier unless I'm willing to just use force/magic to get people to back off instead of working through legal channels.

...not that I really bother with mortal niceties that often.

Working on it
But if it's not me making a thing, then I'll wait a month for people to talk about Iconoclasts

>Jump 455: Liberal Crime Squad
>Seven of Pentacles (Assessment): Exercising patience and perseverance.
Lord knows I'm going to need it.
>Location: America
FUCK YEAH. COMIN' AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY YEAH.
>Identity: The Soul
Because you gotta have soul.
>Win Condition: The Jumper Revolution
Wait, hold on, I'm not in it for your revolution-
>Drawbacks: (+1000) NIGHTMARE MODE, We Didn't Start The Fire, Torch News Network
Well fuck me sideways, those are some interesting restrictions.
>Studies: Persuasion (Free, Soul)
>Studies: Law (Free, Soul)
>Studies: Psychology (1950, Soul)
>Studies: Teaching (1900, Soul)
Good thing I majored in law, minored in psych, and got a teaching degree before I decided to do something about the system being broken.
>Rally Around The Flag (1700)
Hey, if home territory feels better and I can get potential converts simply by them being here, heck yeah.
>Beloved By The Community (1300)
I mean, it's not like I'm not going out and doing things every day to help people out.
>Left Wing Medicine (1200)
Like hanging out in homeless shelters, giving out food, first aid, and so forth.
>Transient Transhumanism (800)
Maaaybe a little more experimental first-aid than most would consider, but hey, it fixed their eyesight right?!
>Send In The Mooks (700)
There are going to be a lot of nasty situations with the death squads though. Things like homelessness are illegal, and anything illegal can carry a death sentence. A lot of people could handle one squaddie, but not several - so why not even the odds?
>Liberal Spark (Free, Soul)
You've got to know who carries a spark, so that you can fan it into the flames of freedom!
>Cell Diagram (600, Soul)
But you've got to keep things controlled - burning out of control would turn it all to ash.
>Leading By Example (400, Soul)
So the best way is to guide everything from the front. Help others learn by example.
>Go Forth To Stop Evil! (100, Soul)
Yes, brother. The fire rises.

>Bakugou is Harley Quinn.
No. Stop it. Stop it now.

Wonderful 101 and Chroma Squad were made in about a week, I may or may not have been huffing burnt spandex and spraypaint the entire time.

Super Robot Wars took an actual year and lets not even talk about the big ass blue sky horizon i'm staring at. But FUCK I rolled Swimsuit Zooey so everything's cool

>Juice Boost (3) (0, 1 Free)
It would be a bit crazy to go into this without every measure to be all that I can be.
>Underground Railway Connection (Free, Soul)
It's good that someone is able to provide such documentation. It will make our jobs that much easier.

So, there are three things you need to know about Liberal Crime Squad.

One: When you don't do anything crazy, no one will realize that the Liberal Crime Squad exists. Ours are only crimes by the definition of a society gone mad, not a normal one.

Two: When you keep your head down but your eyes open, you can recruit like-minded people like crazy, as long as you invest the time to talk them around - and sleepers can change the world.

Three: This is a world without a middle ground. You may have to open peoples' eyes to this and teach them a better way, but if they don't dig in their heels, everything will go in a way they don't want to see. Going ultra-liberal may be a bit silly, but it's a far sight better than arch-conservative.

Sure, the execution of the plan had several bumps, but there are ways to change things, even though it's not going to happen overnight. As long as you're patient and prepared to do the needful, you can get things done. Convert people at the street level, if they've got sufficient potential. Show them how to teach others. Spread the word.

...this feels uncomfortably like religious conversion, but we're going to go the peaceful route, no crusades for us.

In any event - the arch-conservatives are out there, burning down community gardens, shooting up homeless shelters, and the authorities turn a blind eye while claiming that they can't find any common links between them when everyone knows it's otherwise. But that's fine, because a man in the right clothing can quite literally walk into the headquarters of a government agency, hack a computer, find the right documents, and then publish them to expose a list of backers for the so-called Conservative Crime Squad.

Made up my mind. Kiryu is gonna be a power.

Sure, it isn't easy to keep hidden up to that point, but it's doable. Especially when you've gotten a couple of employees in that agency educated about a more sane agenda.

Quietly educating lawyers and judges is a thing that helps too, not to mention outright subverting the media of certain networks - as well as sending those who have been taught out to other cities and communities, to spread the good word of liberalism. Suddenly graffiti artists aren't being sentenced to death anymore, TNN's anchors are starting to lose their appetite for liberal blood in the streets, and when the next election rolls around, the liberal party captures a good sized chunk of congress and the senate... with the help of corporate executives and CEOs that have been delivered a crisis of conscience backing them.

Once the ball starts rolling it's hard to stop, as long as you don't attract the wrong attention. The Fire Men are replaced by firemen who put out fires instead of burn books, the Death Squads are quietly retired by the government and replaced by more normal police, and even some opportunistic politicians smell the blood in the water and jump sides.

I know this world well, and with a strong enough groundswell of support and spreading of the right kind of ideas, you could expect to effectively see a bloodless coup inside of a dozen years. Push hard, but be gentle. Get sleeper agents everywhere - by the hundreds if you must. You don't need to use them to get secrets or money, because you don't need either of those things. All you need is to make sure the right people are in the right place to pull the right strings when the situation calls for it, and you could see yourself waltzing into the White House twenty years down the road, with the ultra-liberal party taking every last seat in Congress and stacking the Supreme Court with like-minded people.

Really, it's no surprise, but there is one more thing we need to discuss.

Do you want to hear something disturbing?

>“I mean, things kinda take care of themselves-”
I think Shiki's poor brain would disagree there.

And the whole murder plot against Akiha if it's a near-side route. Oh, and Sacchin, unless it's the mythic Sacchin route...in which case I guess her Arcade Mode is in your future!

So, is this some anime? Because all I get when I type in "millenium seed kiryu" is this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Seed_Bank_Partnership

Missed this earlier, but shouldn't it be both? A power version so you can BE Kiryu (or something like it/him), and a item version so you can pilot it/him.

How intimidating is your Jumper?

Nah they're fine don't worry about it

Yeah he's just making excuses. Journal Jumper is more of a magic hobo than protagonist material at this point early on.

Yeah. I was thinking something like that... Just didn't want to things to seem overly redundant I guess.

So UQ Holder/Negiverse runs more or less on the Trousers of Time principle?

He's talking about Millennium Godzilla. Kiryu is a Mechagodzilla made with the bones of the first Godzilla. While at first it seems to just be a robot, it's occasionally possessed by the original Godzilla, and at the end of the movie, rather then killing Godzilla, it grabs him, and takes both of them into the sea, ejecting its' pilot and giving a last goodbye as it does.

Perhaps you could have the power be based on him (instead of being the kaiju, you're a mech built on the bones of that kaiju), with the item just being Kiryu it/himself?

Yeah, that's how I got it set out in my head. The human/scientist items are probably gonna be A Kiryu at 600 and a Gotengo at 400

Can I just bitch about Team Ninja for a second.

And how their optimization skills for video games absolutely fucking suck.

Sounds great, good luck user.

Scratch Gotengo actually. That's probably gonna be for the human/military background. Probably just give you a well stocked Toho level lab.

Tom. Calm down. I know you miss your Death Eaters, but they don't all need to be Lucius.

Sure, go ahead.

Too late. It's happening. Whole hordes of girls are going to scream themselves hoarse at the thought of Bakugou spaying "Mistah J!". Or asking Deku to "Ride his Harley."

HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING.

I hate you so fucking much right now, Yoro. I did not need those mental images.

No. I refuse.

Bella killed a dog. And tortured an 18 year old.

I mean SURE, a toad-woman did more for your cause than any actual Death Eater, but still.

Ah, aight. Thanks for clearing that up.

UFC Part 1 , SEG

UFC Part 2, Zuffa

Do you have a list of jumps you've made?

Lucius put the bug in the minister's ear that got the toad woman in Hogwarts to start with. I just wish I'd thought to polyjuice myself into her, because that would have been the most satisfying school term ever. I could have pulled off the look.

What?

>spaying
Gosh, Harley doesn't even do that in the comics. This is one wacky adaptation.

Legend of Spyro.
It's difficult to make a balanced jump out of a setting that overcentralizes one race. It was literally impossible in the Spyro Classic so I just didn't bother giving much of an option in that one.

How the FUCKING FIFTY HELLS ON FUCK am I supposed to make this jump when I'm balls-deep in crashes caused by literally every little teensy thing and there is literally no fix because Ninja has DROPPED SUPPORT.

AMONG OTHER THINGS.

I'm literally staring at a black screen with my UI still up and an enemy's health bar. All because I activated my Living Weapon on a PARTICULAR. PIXEL.

Hahahaha!

Plus you could have tortured Potter and no one would be the wiser. Maybe even kill him, and Dumbles.

But you left it in the hands of Malfoy's son. The incompetent Draco.

Hey, I had to give him a shot. He had a terrible father, I wanted to give him something better. Damn kid needs a hug.

That's rough, buddy.

What are you even making?