/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Ultimate deathstar over 9000 points edition
Custodes and Marines can put aside their difference to kill traitors subedition.

Last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

First for a very sexy and successful man.

> sexy and successful

If only we had Sanguinius, we could have had all the handsome and sexy primarchs.

Can the user that posted this in the last thread tell me how you painted them pls?

>forgetting the khan again

user here.
It's so simple. I'll give you the recipe when I'm back home later today. Deadline is approaching and I'll be continuing painting them then.

Much appreciated ill check back on thread later

Which legion's rules and wargear make them the best against daemons? I know about the Dark Angles but I'm keen to hear about others' findings.

Bird Wearers, ironically.

More like Succ-cessful

Funnily enough, this might be what I'm looking for.
I'm making a small army of daemon killers and I want the main guy's mini to be posed and based this way.

Any of you guys worried that demons are going to be the next overpowered army once Angels comes out? I kind of want to ally some with my SoH but I remember demons being pretty bullshit in 7th.

At least they'll shift people away from Custodes.
Might even encourage people to stock up on anti-infantry again. When the best anti-Daemon solution is massed Boltguns, Rotor Cannons and Volkite, how bad can it really be?

I for one can't wait to start rapin' all the Custodes armies.

True. I wonder how far the 30k demons list will diverge from the 7th Ed version.

Do you think demons will be good at taking on custode? I would think a primarily melee based army like demons would have a tough time.

>talking about Custodes vs Daemons
>talking about "massed infanty" and other nonsense
Come on, we all know what REALLY matters is how a D-Thirster stacks up against a Cheese Tribune.

That fight would mainly be fishing for 6's to instantly obliterate the custode.

>Rolled 14 (1d20)
>Morty OP image
This is now a Death Guard thread.

Don't care, I just want to assemble and paint my 20 plaguebearers, 5 nurglings bases and DP and play them with my DG.

Can Shield-Captains and Tribunes take Paragon Blades? It doesn't make sense that it can take a Paragon Spear but not a Paragon Blade.

I fight daemons every fucking time because there's no hh player here
Honestly even with the D fuckery they're not very tough, no shooting mean you can spam tacticals and still come out on top

Couldn't you, y'know, just ask your gaming buds if you can use the 7th ed codex?

If only there was some sort of book you could consult.

I'm just asking if they forgot to put it in or something. It doesn't make any sense unless It's a typo. Or they're just goddamn morons. I've found more than one typo in these overpriced books.

Would also need to ask them permission to ally Daemons with my DG and work on what level of alliance they are. And do this with everyone I ever play with.

>2 minutes of discussion before a game
>nah that's too much work
>better wait 2 years for papa forgeworld to a-ok it first!
I can see why you like nurgle so much.

Anyone got The Ember Wolves? Couldn't find it in the mega folder.

Stop being an asshole. Homebrewing shit in is fine, but don't act like everyone is going to want to play against some made up bullshit. That's why you ask first. If you don't want to ask to play daemons, go play 8th.

>bring up the fact that you're using homebrew rules 2 minutes before the game
>also, I got my blobs in Rhino Advancers that hold 21 models
>yes, i'm using daemon Mortarion with rules I made myself

I'd rather be a monster who plays by the rules than that guy.

>patiently wait for rules
>being an asshole

Ok.

Pic related is after a silver drybrush highlight as described in step 4.
I'm going for that burnished. dirty gold, almost fool's gold look.

1. Chaos black spray from GW, for that matte black finish
2. Retributor Gold spray from GW.
3. Sepia wash/shade, nice and thick. (The moment I took yesterday's pic)
4. Stormhost Silver light drybrush Highlight (very thorough and everywhere, not too thick)
5. Nuln oil wash (not the glossy one), thorough and everywhere.
6. Stormhost Silver edge highlight, very selective.
7. Right shoulder pad with Tamiya Clear Red for that candy red finish.

Succes!

No! Typos and mistakes in FW books? Say it's not so!

Finish all the details to your own liking. I don't like to paint the gloves as being leather. Less is more when it comes to Custodians, in my opinion.

What's the best way to make use of Charonite Ogryns? Do they NEED a Stormlord to get them into the fight? Only good for Zone Mortalis?

Also, taking tips for stealth-looking recipes, about to build and paint a Darkwing stormeagle

Thank you so much :)

>stealth-looking recipes
Just use the flying base without the plane.

lel

I've seen worse action figures.

Working on my Spartan and I had a weird question.

How often do you end up running one without a deathstar setup? I was honestly just planning to use it for a normal sized Terminator/Veteran Squad and my Praetor. It just seems so good as a bigger and better LR.

Also for a FW kit this has some ridiculous flash, gaps, and slips; I had to bust out the dremel A LOT.

You're wasting space and utility when filling it with less then ten termies/twenty melee marines and assorted friends.

I almost like it without the shoulders. Wish there was some good alternative for the fist, it's a bit too industrial claw. Doesn't even have talon like claws on it.

Hence the name 'caestus' meaning fist in Latin.

I don’t run Tacticals and dumping so many points into a ten man Terminator Squad seems superfluous and deathstar-ish.

Is there a way around this that doesn’t fuck me up? Maybe running a 10 man Plasma Support Squad? I’m just trying to think of something that packs a good punch without wasting the potential of the tank.

Big breacher blob

Why are not putting that plasma squad in a regular LR? Or, better yet, a vehicle without Assault Vehicle, which is utterly wasted on them?
Any transport meant for frontline duty obviously wants something in it that can operate on said front. You're paying for Assault Vehicle and the huge cargo bay, why waste that?

>recommending breachers
You're mean one.

The less scary the contents, the less priority the tank becomes

I’m just running ideas around; honestly.

I mean the closest I can come to running a non-deathstar unit is maybe a 10 man melee/5 Cataphractii Squad with 2-3 attachments like an Apothecary and Praetor/Librarian mix to get the most out of them. I never liked the eggs in one basket setup because I really like versatility.

Recon dudes then.

>I never liked the eggs in one basket setup because I really like versatility.
Then you probably would be better served by picking another tank.

I run multiple LRs with my IH for multiple baskets at that point. Makes for more target selection

These guys, are right. With your preferred playstyle, you wasted 110 pounds.

I mean did he really?

Basically you can run the Spartan as a better LR and scare the shit out of people with it. Think of it just as a LR+1

Could've used spare point difference with ba LR to get more las like a Venator tank or something. Regular Av14 is still ok without a flare shield

WHat would be a good part for a power glaive?

I would use a nemesis force halberd, but they don't look enough like a guan dao for my scars, do you guys thing the hellglaive would be beefy enough? I would cut off one of the blades, naturally.

The shaft is very thin compared to most Marine pole shafts.

So I've bought 2 BaC sets recently, and I'm starting to write a list. What should I add to it now that I've got a base? I was thinking
>Terminator Praetor plus 10 Terminators, in a Spartan as my deathstar
>Chaplain with a 20 man Tactical squad
>possibly a Moritat with destroyers, all with jump packs to fuck up someones day?

What legion?

Legion, focus, playstyle, what? We need to know a little more before we can help you.

Ultramarines, with a focus on infantry, rather than vehicles

Elaborate a little on what you like to play. More infantry-focused? Vehicles? Dreads? Choppy or shooty? Shenanigans or direct?
Also, what legion?
That said, can't go wrong with pooling all the combi-weapons and fielding a Veteran Squad.

Hey guys! I was told to come here to check out HH, what do you guys think of my Aquillon Terminators?

Sweet merciful Emprah please be bait.

why not just buy the actual models?

so as I said in Ultramarines with a focus on infantry
It's based on BaC, so it's already got 2 Dreads
Shooty
And I guess direct, rather than shenanigans

Not really a fan of them. Too expensive also.

You'll always want a squad of Suzerains (they're amazingly good), some vets, a Master of Signals and some cheap filler. Your Legion rules favor MSU, so your proposed build is weird.
Ultras don't do deathstars that well, either. You'd be better served splitting those terminators up, if you must have that many.
Destroyers are shit, don't bother.

>Too expensive also.
$50 for aggressors and it looks to me like you bought the talons decal sheet from fw

At the moment I've only got 10 Termis, should I keep that number or get more, and should they be split up into 2 units or kept at 10?
Should I bother with the Spartan, get a Land Raider instead, or not bother?
Are Assault Marines any good, because if Destroyers are shit I might just get some and fluff them as Destroyers but use them as Assault?

UM are a good pick with strong rules.
You'll want many small units rather than large ones to benefit from those rules.
Recon Squads are great for marking enemy units and subsequently laying into them with other units.
Invictarius Suzerains are great for counter-offensivesand engaging dangerous shit.
Veterans are veterans and you'll need more of them. Always.
Tac and Heavy Support Squads are nice to have for your legion tactics, too.
Beyond that, get a Deredeo. They will always perform, regardless of weapon. You'll not be disappointed.
As an aside, put both assault cannons on one Contemptor and both fists on the other, but cut out the stormbolters and replace them with grav muzzles. You'll thank me later.

Are the stormbolters on the Terminators, or are they in the fists of the Contemptors?

Friendly reminder: Don't play at being a melee legion. You're not. You can do some brawling in a pinch, enough to maybe deter or at least stymie some assaults here and there, but only you're specialized units and a tiny handful of other units like termies are any good at it.
Don't get too fixated on one idea, either. Take those termies and build five for ranged combat and five for melee and switch them out as need be. You don't have to field all of them all the time. That's what Guiliman's boys are all about.

He's talking about the contemptor, graviton fists are a pretty good loadout if you like fun.

I did not chastise Lorgar, it's not true. It's bullshit. I did not chastise Lorgar. I did not.

Oh hi, Malcador.

WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

Oh man, I just can't figure primarchs out. Sometimes they're just too smart. Sometimes they're flat-out stupid. Other times they're just evil.

I'd cut off the barbs but otherwise it looks fine to me. Might be easier to find the bits to the EC spears and build something off that.

nice painting

BUT IT IS ABSOLUTE PRIME HERESY DELET NOW

I like the painting but I don’t really like the model choice too much.

They’re your models and I’m glad you like them, but nothing about them says “Custodes” to me.

I would have zero problem with you running them as such, however.

Thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind, read the rulebooks and come back with a list tomorrow

I see a lot of people saying Destroyers suck. Is there a reason why?

I’ve been looking to add a squad of them to my Fists but people saying they’re bad is worrying me.

Starting thousand sons what should i get besides the bac set i got

100% the best tank in the game.

I don't play but I think it's mostly that they're too expensive points wise for what they do.

Hails, gonna steal this recipe when I get some Custodes.

currently working on some quiet girls and sneaky snek bois

>That Sister in the back staring at her sword in confusion
>"I have no voice but I must question"

>checks herself out
>"Shit, my mascara is running, wonder if anyone's noticed
>Prospero continues to happen
>"Nah, I'm good"

Is there anyway to get a bunch of cataphractii left arms without hands without buying the FW cataphractii set or the sekhmet set? I want to have a squad of cataphractii carrying stormshields in their left hands rather than right hands but that plastic kit only comes with one regular left arm.

Buy plastic cataphractii sword arms.

>fuck my wings aren't even
>whatever that psyker is dead now

haha

None of the kits are made with left had SS and no weapons will match up with them at all

Does Murderous Strike work on primarchs? Or are they immune somehow?

How about reading the rules?

Anons, are the Lucifer Blacks The 30k Equivalent to Dune's Sardaukar?

Per Destroyers earlier, are they even worth it unless they have Jump Packs?

Ten men, two Rad Launchers, a Powerfist, and a single Phosphex Grenade, all with Jump Packs is exactly 400 points.