In an Animesque fantasy setting, should the emperor be the strongest warrior in his empire?

In an Animesque fantasy setting, should the emperor be the strongest warrior in his empire?

Depends on the type of empire. The libertarian-power-Fantasy country where your strength is your achievement run by some guy who is John Galt perfect should obviously have the strongest warrior, scholar, and mage all be the same guy (something like Until Death do Us Part or basically any Shonen adventure like that magic empire in Magi). Then there is the utopian empire led by the extreme in humanitarian effort and making life as great as possible where the strong-willed but physically weak emperor has an impossibly strong wall to protect them with some overly-dramatic bond between the two (Magi has this too).

And those are just two common extremes I can think of for an anime empire. Another would be the corrupt-elites empire where the leaders are morally bankrupt and pathetic but since they have money and a title they get what they want (like any gritty anime basically).

>Animesque
The emperor should be cute shota and have harem of strong general girls.

People like you are why I hate anime

No. His wife should be.

Don't hate us and vote with your wallet. Or get me a perverted big-tittied girlfriend.

No, because there has to be a general who is even more overpowered bullshit skilled but won't actually fight anyone because they're not a challenge or some dumb shit.

Yes, first step to become an emperor is possessing unlimeted power

>anime
user, that's how it is in western fantasy more often than not, with the king being a peerless warrior, all the way back to King Author and earlier.

I would like to echoe this anons feelings. And add more, people like you are what I hate most about the hobby.

He needs to have the power to scream at the top of his lungs and explode into a ball of lightning, killing everyone in the near vicinity except for himself.

Not all animes are so bad.

Only warlord types should IMO, or the old and ancient king that was strong but now its just wise. Magocracy leaders should be Merlin-types, etc.

Fuck this shit, post good examples

If you want to present his rule as just (in the metaphysical sense) then there must be something about him that justifies his rule. A manifestation of his divine right.

>anime emperors
>posts emperor’s best bitch

I often heard that. But whenever I ask for example of good fantasy anime, people recomend me Beserk or something from the 80s.

What is a good, current, fantasy anime?

How current do you want?

No, but modern anime is really legitimately shitty. They have to pander to weebs who only think with their dicks, and generally don't have the money/skill to do something with more depth. Neets pay the bills and they basically just want pretend girlfriends, wank material, and Mary sue self inserts

you sound like you want the power fantasy MMO-shit type of anime fantasy rather than traditional anime fantasy.

No. The emperor should be a fat bastard who the DM makes sure is intellectually, physically, morally inferior to the perfect PCs in every way, and when he gets killed he makes an abominable shrieking noise to further signify his inferiority to the heroes, who have done nothing heroic but are the main characters and are good anyways.

This is anime, remember?

Anime that aired in 2017:

Konosuba is a comedy about idiot characters ignoring the main quest and doing as little as possible to stay alive and be comfy.
It's slightly more /v/ than Veeky Forums, but not by much.

Made in abyss is a fantasy adventure about kids going down into the death-pit that makes you bleed out every orifice if you try to ascend back up. Highly recomended, despite the middle episodes being "only" 7/10.

Mahoujin guru guru is satire of old-school fantasy JRPGs like Dragon Quest ETC.

Also, despite not having seen it, or being able to vouch for it's quality, the second season of "Rage of bahamut" also aired in 2017, and it may or may not be a good recent fantasy series.

Where did you get that from? This type of shit is mostly on western media

No, he should have a force of twelve elite bodyguard knights, each with their own gimmick, his number one guy should be strongest.

Mushi Shi is comfy as hell, but a little dated (late 2000s).

Honestly I haven't watched much fantasy anime recently. I've heard Grimgar is good.

You sound like you're an anally agitated faggot who doesn't want others to have fun unless it's his own personal brand of hyper autistic "fun"

What anime are you watching. 4/5 times the antagonist emperor is some swole handsome dude that the protagonists overcome by their nature of being plucky underdogs. Evil fat guys are mid level bosses at the highest.

>that post
>that picture
Please leave for gensokyo as fast as possible.

>is satire of old-school fantasy JRPGs like Dragon Quest
Jesus fuck no. I fucking swear, if modern fantasy anime is not Isekai, it's that.
"haha i'm spoofing dragon quest" is Monty Python references of anime.

>Jesus fuck no. I fucking swear, if modern fantasy anime is not Isekai, it's that.
But what about Made in Abyss?

Why are you using fun all of a sudden? Do you always use your personal feelings to defend something?

>King Arthur.
>Peerless warrior.

Who the fuck is Lancelot even amirite?

MGG is still pretty good, despite not being the most original thing in existence. Delighfully fast pacing, jokes told through animation, lovely characterization, and comfy good fun.

French Mary Sue