Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Year of the xenos, edition.

>Daemons PDF
mega.nz/#!Q0MXyZrC!x1ENQubDj7wfqGvzzR5nr3284piWc6QyHDl_ZtBJXMM

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/22/faction-focus-the-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-2/

>Painting/Thread Theme/Commentary
youtube.com/watch?v=GDs67k-v698

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for being nice to eachother!

1st for WRYYYYY

>AoS is getting an all evil female faction
>40K doesn't have an all evil female army

Justify this.

>year of the xenos

Repost cause of new thread

i just aquired 60 mark 3 marines and 10 tartaros Termis, how should i build them ?
I plan to play 2 5 man squads as company veterans with bolter and chainsword, but i dont know about the others.
I also have acces to a big bots box, so giving them new weapons is possible...
I play Blood angels by the way and i also started every sentence with I for some reason

Is this a primaris model

40k needs a good female faction first.

Just play DE but buy twice as many boxes as you'd otherwise need.

I've got 1500pts of all female DE army

Warhammer Community is introducing some faggot, instead of posting the leaks.
Shameful shit.

nah, that looks like maugan ra or however that eldar dude is called

Feminists weren't so evil when 40k was invented.

For people who just woke up, Custodes terminators are tiny.

>Some guy posts two pics side by side with the bases scaled to the same size from a more complementary angle without the shoulderpads missing and pretends that makes them any taller

>uuuuh the waist is filed down

>sleek weapon
>eldar rune at the top
Yes user, that's a spess mareen.

I hope you have a good say, user.
I wish you the best.

Post ending in 0 decides my new army

Tell me why I'm collecting it

Truescale Custodes when

Militarum Tempestus
Because Plasma kills everything, including your soul

Imperial guard, Cadians to be more exact

Dark Eldar. You want to go fast, do drugs, flat people alive, and fuck bitches at the same time.

Jetbike custodes army

because fast armies are fun and golden jetbois look sexy as fuck

Flay*

Orks. Because they're shit and it'll be funny.

fuck

orks

because they never lose and also because they're enjoyable to paint

>Custodes only just got models
>Already the 'muh truescale' autists are sperging out about them

In the grim darkness of the far future, game nerds play 40k with miniatures many times larger than themselves and still sperg out that they are too small

> Taking these fugly looking shits over fabulous Aquilons

I have been fiddling with the numbers and i think this is going to be it

3 units of 3 troops with spears
1 unit of 8 terminators (unleash the lions)
1 unit of 5 bikers (hurricane bolters)
1 Captain in terminator armor
1 captain on bike
basically blow all the CP at the start by dropping 2 of the 3 troops in the teleporter and unleashing the lions

either they will be tabled or I will lose utterly

go big or go home

1990 points

>tiny
Looks the same height to me. Seems fine, Terminators are functionally just a minor armor variant for Custodes.

>implying eldar arent all female (male) already

THOUSAND SONS

>24 models at 2000 pts

wew

it is literally January. I cant wait till December already just so this meme dies

Are you an NPC? Check with this quick and easy questionnaire
>Are you an Ultramarine?
>Are you a Blood Angel?
>Are you a Space Wolf?
>Are you a Dark Angel?
>Are you a World Eater?
>Are you a Thousand Son?
>Are you a Death Guard?
>Are you Abaddon?
If the answer to one or more of the above is "yes", congratulations! You are not an NPC. Otherwise, go wait in the back.

Same height is tiny dingus.

>Minor armour variation

That's the kind of idiot thinking that led to Allarus having barely distinct stats and battlefield role moron.

Eldar Corsairs

Grey Knights because you like to suffer

>24 models at 2k
Thats bold.
I suspect you will get tabled on turn 1 in roughly all games.

Cant tell you on the marines, desu, if you've got 60 you can make whatever you want.

As for the Tartaros, AFAIK best loadouts are either Fist+Storm Bolter and Plasma+Grenade on the Seargent (the Reaper cannon is shit, as is the flamer), or full melee Lightning Claws (even though, IMO, Assault Termies are better for that because you can mix in a Shield+Hammer to give the Squad a 3++)

I kinda doubt I'll be allowed to make an Aquillon shield captain, but boy would I fucking love it if I could.

>buying FW

>3x3 Guard, 3 vexillus praetors and 2 shield-captains are 820pts
>With no gear, banners etc.
Christ, is it possible to run the battalion detachment in 1000pts games? I mean, you really want to have those 3CP, right?

If I could slap Cataphractii arms and pads on that thing, I'd buy 6 right now, but from what I've been told, they don't work.

Bigger is nice. But I still find this design fucking ugly.

Sisters are an all female, evil army.

Buddy at the price Vexillus praetors are at right now, it's dubious to even take one let alone three.

if they had tassels under the pads I'd love em, but as-is I hate them

>being poor

Min battalion is 712.

>buying models that will be banned in every store that has a smart level of balance.

> Use Shield-Captain in Terminator Armour rules
> Replace the Gun with a Bolter
> make an excuse that your spear is his special relic Power Fist

>tfw even my GKs could realistically table this army on turn 1 or 2
And here they were saying Custodes were replacing us...
PS I think you can only drop one Troop in Deepstrike, since half your army has to deploy on the board.

Cheapest batallion is 712 (HQ is 122, Troops are 52ppm, so 156 per squad and 468 altogether)

That’s an easy Greenstuff fix m8

Deepstrike for Custards is a Stratagem you use during deployment
Meaning they’re not in reserves, but you can only Deepstrike two things anyway

what would win in a battle fluff wise

Baneblade or a great deamon?

>Terminators are functionally just a minor armor variant for Custodes.

Emmm no sweetie

I was messing around and came up with
Terminator captain
Bike captain
-1 hit vex
3 units of 3 guard 2 spears and a shield in each
5 wardens
4 terminators
3 jet bikes
Venerable dread

Ah ok, that makes sense.

well, i think i will equip 5 termis wit claws and another 5 with fists, thanks m8

Wait is this actually the case for armies that have strategems like that?

Has anyone made a comparison of a Custodian and an Aquilon side by side? I can't find any online.

Official answer: Baneblade
Real answer: Great daemon

Why should I play 40k over Age of Sigmar?

It’s a fucking expensive hobby reguardless hon

I heard they are must-have for mono-custodes army
Oh right, I'm just retarded. I'm still trying to work out what is the minimal number of boxes I need to buy for 1000pts games and I don't want to end up with guard kits only but it seems like battalion detachment is essential

Its better(tm)

it is the baneblade

You like space bois

They are truescale.
Just a little shorter than Primaris is perfect.

Haha, okay
But why?

Why not both? Just pick whatever chaos god you like and build a mono-daemons army or an army with daemon core and swappable Slaves to Darkness (AoS) / CSM (40k) detachments

>playing age of smegma
have fun when the whole setting gets squatted

BIRDS
O
I
S

Really? Might just be because Admech cannot into Mortal Wounds unless I buy Cawl and switch to Mars, but a squad of three Allarus is a two-turn and 4CP pain in the ass to kill for a unit of two Kastelans, and they're the best I have. Even my unreliable 20-man rerolling Electropriest blob will only manage to take down 6 3++ Custards or 4 Allarus in optimal conditions, and they'll almost never get all of themselves into combat so I'm mostly restricted to fighting one unit of 3 or so at a time.

You prefer the setting of 40K more than AoE, wider range of models to pick from, 40K is more popular, there is more 40K lore than AoE lore, You prefer the 40K atheistic to the AoE one

you cant be this dumb right?

>there was a time when an all melee hellbrute with no guns cost more than a fully decked out melee wraith lord

I had to check chapter approve and they only buffed his fists. Holy frik it's expensive to run full melee unless you only get two fists. Even then it's still 122.

Power scourge and fist is what 155?
God damn.

No. He seems to be confusing two issues. Pregame strats DO get around the "only once per phase" rule. They do NOT allow you to bypass the deploy half your army on the table rule.

based Fantasytard

higher chance of a local playerbase

but really, that depends on the area

You would need at most 1 so that you can teleport your real big killy unit on top of it.

Because while 40k is as simple as it has ever been, it's still many times more complex than AoS. It's like comparing chess to checkers.

wrong approach?

would it be better to spam basic troops?

for the points I just cant see the dread ever being an option, same for the landraider

These guys walk up to your girlfriend and slap her ass. Then they keep you from moving, and even if you destroy them they are just back next turn doing the same thing. What do you do?

it looks more like a converted wraithguard than a living eldar

and the maugan ra model is very old like all phoenix lords, so its possible someone made a conversion

*pull out my huge imperial soup cock*

you saying, bitch boi?

Collect Daemons so you can play both.

Fly

>‘I’ve been made aware that the situation is well in hand. If you could all now please access your agenda packets, cryptex key kappa-tribus-septum-septum-omega, andonce we’re all here we can begin.’
>Scattered around the swathes of empty seating, lesser lords and meme-serfs approved by the Administratum’s increasingly stringent vetting lists peeled the security tape off their packets and tapped in the cryptex key.
>meme-serfs

I posted this pic earlier today on the Legio Custodes 30k 40k fecesbook group for lulz and all the manchildren are in denial lol.
Saying the pic has been tampered with, how can their coveted Allarus be so tiny.

A Rivaling hive fleet you say?
I don't know, eat it?

GW called it year of nurgle, but i dont think there will be much nurgle stuff coming, given there is a lot covered already with new kits

Dont, get me wrong, Custoads are honestly pretty good vs GKs if the list is right, its just that his particular one is literally hard-countered by Vortex of Doom.
>Split you 8 man Terminator unit into 8 seperate units
>Vortex hits the nearest unit and every other unit within 3"
If you place yourself badly, I'll literally do 8D3 mortal wounds to your Terminators in a single Psychic phase. Maybe even D6 if I roll lucky.

Also, I use mainly Strikes and Purgators, who are pretty much born as Custodes killers
>cheap but great damage output
>max AP of -2, so I dont care about your 4++
>lots of D3 damage stuff in melee and shooting
>tons of small squads you need to chew through, meaning you cant kill everything fast enough, but also cant ever try hiding in CC since I'll either be dead or teleport away
>lots of 1 damage smites add up over time

If I were to play lots of Paladins, you'd autotable me ever game.

Also, what if I play Stormravens? I'll kill all your Bikes (maybe not the Captain, tho) on T1, and then what do you do?

>GW called it year of nurgle

New year of Nurgle.

Grey Knights. My pain must be spread evenly.

SoB just need more love. Not merely plastic models, but new units too.
I love them conceptually, this group of vengeful paladins that perform battlefield miracles of faith and fire.

Keep faith, muh Bruthah's.
We'll be good again someday.
In the meantime, try using tons of Strike Squads, they're pretty decent.