Monster Hunter In 40k

So Veeky Forums, the world of MonHun has been directly transported into the galaxy of the 41st millennium, along with everything that would entail. How do the various factions and other factors react to this sudden arrival, if they notice it at all that is?

>single planet
>getting noticed in an entire galaxy
Nothing happens

Check the archive.
This topic was covered within the last 10 days...

Tyranids are gonna have a field day

It get noticed when stars start falling out of their own alignment at random ocassions, and anything that ventures near it (even whole Tyranid swarms And Chaos incursions) ends up disappearing.

Aren't local humans some kind of engineered super humans according to the lore ? Like some turbo catachans ?

Essentially, yeah. Really they're probably about as "human" as the astartes at this point considering they can fight magic titan dragons with nothing more than a bit rock on a stick and some goofy leathers

>a bit rock on a stick and some goofy leathers

Don't insult my 600 hours of farming please.

The Imperium reacts with Exterminatus, that's for sure. No way mere mortals can fight giant monsters using primitive weaponry without Chaos being behind it. Either that or they are product of genetic engineering like said; if that's the case, there might be some SCT lying somewhere in the planet that the Mechanicus would love to retrieve.
Also, preventing Tyranids from getting their tentacles on the creatures' genes would be capital for the Imperium.

Can't say for sure how the other factions would react.

>khorne deviljo

Please, no.

If they are a strand of abhumans wouldn't the imperium be delighted to have ultra uber warriors easily available ?

>Also, preventing Tyranids from getting their tentacles on the creatures' genes would be capital for the Imperium.
>Implying that it wouldn't be the Elder Dragons hijacking the Tyranids
All hail the Fatalis-Tyranid Hivemind.

>Implying Deviljho won't eat the Tyranids

Also, were focusing on Imperium and Tyranids. What happens when fucking Orks land on the MH world?

Exterminatus is a meme response, user. The Imperium only resorts to Exterminatus when there is literally NO other options to cleansing the planet, and an enemy force attaining it outweighs the actual loss of that planet.

They would send down scouts to study and recon the local flora, fauna and inhabitants and find out that theres no Chaos taint, just a bunch of genetically augmented humans and abhumans who can fight and survive EASILY on this Feral World, which will likely get the Imperial Guard and the Astartes really keen to check out this planet.

>What happens when fucking Orks land on the MH world?
Madness. Madness is what happens. Also, never-ending conflict as the Orks have finally found the one place where they can go all-out against whatever they may face.

>OI Boss! You'll luv dis, we found a biggun' an' e's REAL CHOPPY

I can see the Orks actually integrating into the MH society normally, since the average hunter could fight toe to toe with Orks easily, and it's a world full of big guns, big swords, and big fights.

I like the look of the scale armor and tooth swords and stuff, shame the closest the RPGs have is some tyranid chitin that's super illegal

Daily reminder that white fatalis flies out of a black hole

He still ain’t shit

Daily reminder that Dalamadur calls stars to rain down from the skies onto it's foes.

>Amatsu is said to be accompanied by storms worse than natural disasters
>Dire Miralis can wipe out entire ecosystems just by existing
>Shagaru Magala can wipe out entire ecosystems by transforming every living creature in it into a raging monster, and also it's how it reproduces

Don't forget that dire miralis' heart beats forever and can regenerate from it's heart alone

>Elder Dragons: True Cosmic Horrors Indeed
And from what's been shown of World so far, it intends to make these things even MORE eldritch. Especially with shit like Vaal Hazak mucking about. Also:
>Legends of Shagaru Magala call it "The foul wind that withered a mountain"
>No matter how many times it dies, the Fatalis *always* returns eventually

And even when you don't look at the Elder Dragons, normal monsters are machines of death.

Exactly. MH humans are basically the model abhuman and the Guards wet dream. They'd finally be able to phase out ogryns once they get enough of them

Case in point; Absolutely Everything From Forntier. Seriously, I'm 90% certain that a Forntier-style Rajang could fuck over almost anything in 40k if it got access to space-travel or the like.

>Chaos Marines land on MH world, looking to corrupt it
>Run into a Los and Ian, losing several of their marines and a dozen cultists
>Run into Jho, losing half their marines and the rest of their cultists
>Run into Rajang, being reduced to only three Marines
>Run into Hunters and get their shit kicked in by a bunch of people wearing animal skins and bones
>The last survivor flees the planet, declaring it too dangerous for even Chaos to infect

Drop a Furious Rajang into some conflict with Orks or Chaos forces and see what the fuck happens. No asshole will go ungaped.

A Furious Rajang would truly be a special kind of hell for anyone unfortunate enough to encounter it. A Starving Jho even more so.

>Imperium drops a Furious Rajang, Starving Jho, Black Diablos and Zenith Tigrex onto a battlefield
Who survives?

Not sure, but it certainly won't be the Imperium (or that galactic sector, for that matter).

Hunters are basically on a level with highest level Space Marines that can utilise the body parts of their fallen enemies to make insane weapons, walk around in molten lava, get hit point blank my supermeta level blasts and in 4U can catch a disease that either kills huge monsters or increases its power incredibly and use it to their advantage.

gtfo

It brings up all kinds of new situations depending on who finds it.
>Imperium
They find a new Death World, the likes of which can produce abhumans that would make even a Catachan piss his pants.
>Eldar
They stay the fuck away from it.
>DEldar
They attempt to raid it. Promptly fail, and then they stay the fuck away from it.
>Orks
Orks find a new playground beyond their wildest dreams, possibly even integrating into the society on the planet because them Hunters are roight proppa Orky with their gubbinz.
>Necrons
Probably one of the only factions that could contend with higher-up Elders, but would likely ignore the planet.
>Tyranids
They find a planet that out-eats them, and that has some monsters that can rip theirs to shreds.
>Chaos
Khorne is pleased.
>Tau
Initial attempts to integrate planet result in failure. Later attempts to conquer the planet result in failure. Planet is thusly quarantined

Veteran Hunter are pretty much Astartes level, so... I guess they form their you regiment of the guard or end up founding a new Space Marine chapter, i don't know.

All i know is that Rajang's and Deviljho's are going to make Khorne harder than the World Eaters ever could.

YES PLEASE!

>end up founding a new Space Marine chapter, i don't know.
>Implying that them becoming SPHESS MEHREENS wouldn't just lessen their raw levels of bullshit
I'm fairly certain that a five year-old Hunter kid could bench-press any Astartes they come across with ease.

But just imagine...
>"Is..Is that astartes wearing the skull of a Hive Tyrant?"
>"Yeah, he's from Capcomia. They do that."
>Hunter-Marine switches to aerial style and proceeds to roll up the side of a carnifex.

We greentexted this the last time the topic came up, just check suptg.

The capcomians are an elite guard squad that joins other units a four man.

Oh, and since World is all but released now;
>Reminder that Zorah Magdaros' mere presence is enough to cause the sky to light up as if the sun was hanging directly overhead.

>My shell hurts
>Where did they get these cannons?
>Is that a Ballista?
>That one hunter's using a Bowgun
>It's too bright
>Oh wait that's me
>I wonder what Dalamadur's doing right now
>When's the orgy again? Need to talk to Kirin about that.
>Fuck these cannons though

>>That one hunter's using a Bowgun
I think it says something about me when I picture Zorah thinking all of these things with the voice of a either a teenage or a pre-teen boy, as he just casually lists all of these things annoying him. Also;

>When's the orgy again? Need to talk to Kirin about that.
I'm tempted to ask how Elder Dragon orgies would even work, but I probably don't want to know.

Hunters are considered honorary Digganobz.

>AAAAHHHHH STOP STOP I DON'T WANNA

Alternatively, for the second line.
>Oh, he's not astartes, he's from Capcomia. And also yes, they do that.

Also i doubt that Hunters would get made into astartes or be stuffed into the guard. As their abhuman natural could very well not accept the transformations or not benefit from them all too much, and being in the guard kinda feels like a waste.

Perhaps they'd end up in the Inquisition or something. Imports of hunters from the planet would probably be due to the percentage of qualified hunters that are needed to keep the planet in more or less Imperial control and the tithe having been focused on exported animal parts that the Admech is having lots of fun with or something and the bean counters in the Administratum having decided that the value of a single Hunter vastly outweighs swaths of regular guardsmen.

Poor Lagiana. I definitely feel bad for it, especially since the Hunters decide to use it as an air-ride later on. Though I guess it bullying the Paolumu makes it feel better somewhat.

There's already a regiment of the imperial guard that deals with these creatures. It was detailed in the new codex. The indigan Praefects.

The Praefects deal primarily with things like Tyranids and other large xeno-beasts. Not universe-rending, reality-sundering Dragon god-things capable of fucking up celestial bodies and raping spacetime with ease.

Reminder that the world of Monster Hunter is Minegarde

It'd be regarded as either just another Death World that would churn out the equivalent of super-Catachan Guardsmen Regiments once brought into compliance. Or just assumed to be a lost/abandoned Maiden World since massive Xenofauna seem to be their shtick.

I think Hunters are way stronger than Catachan Guardsmen, I mean, they can take meteors and walk them off, carry around cannons as normal weapons and swing giant lumps of metal.

Thus the 'super' prefix. Though your right, the average Hunter is like the equalvient of a Champion of Chaos due to the shear powerlevel shenanigans. Just straight up murdering Greater Tyranid Bioforms or Daemons if they avoid the warp insanity is well within the realm of posibility... Could the best of them bring down Titans?

>spoiler

Without a doubt.

While naked, armed with nothing but a full belly, and an extremely sharp piece of bone or a slab of metal

IIRC, Kharn the Betrayer killed an Imperial Knight more or less on his own in a couple of swings and also participating in an attack that killed a titan.

So yeah. Probably.

Wonder how much fucking fun Kharn would have fighting Hunters.

Kharn doesn't fight hunters, Kharn joins up for the hunt.

>Kharn vs Savage Deviljho when

Jesus fuck user. Have you even briefly heard of Death worlds in 40k?
Which is to says, welcome to Veeky Forums because you're clearly new.

The MH world makes Death worlds look like a walk in the park

user, comparing the MH World to any measly 40k Death World would be like comparing fucking Apokolips to a paradise planet filled with flying bunnies. The two are in entirely different leagues. But either way, welcome to Fucking Monster Hunter, new meat.

What tag?

I couldn't find it in suptg, so, yeah, which tag?

So what use would the IoM be putting hunters to?

Probably keeping impossibly dangerous shit like the Elder Dragons and potentially Chaos forces at bay. Because if the Elder Dragons were to ever notice the greater galaxy and decide to spread their influence beyond the MH World, shit would get right fucked very quickly.

Swarmlord

This thread is suprisingtly comfy.
You know for an 40k x ANYTHING ELSE thread.

MHFans, query;
Which is larger, the Dalamadur or the Laviente? Bit of a secondary fan but I could never quite find which of the two was bigger. As I understand, the Dalamadur is the more damgerous of the two but at 440m I'm not sure it out-sizes the Laviente.

Well, it's generally agreed that Laviente is wider than Dlamadur, but Dalamadur is the longer one out of the two, what with it being able to coil around an entire mountain and all. Though I'm fairly certain that Zorah Magdaros outsizes both of them pretty easily.

This. They would be fucking ideal for hunting Tyranids.

>only made it a couple missions into the volcano in MH3U
>just realized that yes, something like a Lagombi would totally be something that Space Marine potentials would hunt as an initiation ritual

The Imperial Guard regiment this would would produce would be pretty fucking metal, given the sort of officer's weaponry and extremely effectire herbal curatives they have on tap. I'm just envisioning a Rough Rider and a Heavy Weapons team riding a Barroth as a mobile fortification, autocannon fending off Ork walkers while the beast rampages through the Boyz. It'd be pretty hard to contest that their General has the biggest dick in the room, too, when the man's wearing a coat made out of goddamn dragon hides and his sword's just a fucking tooth the size of an Astartes with a power field strapped to it.

Would gunlances or other such weapons gain any traction in the Imperial military? What would become of Felynes or the little cha-cha mask dudes, given that they seem to be benign xenos?

>Would gunlances or other such weapons gain any traction in the Imperial military?
Maybe. If they could manage to even lift one of the damn things. Gunlances are practically handheld artillery batteries, and Hunters wield them pretty casually.

>What would become of Felynes or the little cha-cha mask dudes, given that they seem to be benign xenos?
Felynes are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Brute Wyverns and things like Deviljho, can pull out a seemingly infinite assortment of mystical artifacts from ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE to aid their Hunters, and are capable of preparing a damn fine meal when given the chance. They are also capable of directly throwing down with Elder Dragon-level threats and not immediately get turned into ash on the wind. So yeah, I suspect that most Felynes have more balls than the average Imperial and would probably end up being held in some esteem within the Imperiumfor their capabilities.

Are the Hunters in MH even human?
Also wouldn't the Imperium purge the palicoes and wyverians?

If the art book lore is any sense of canon, Hunters are the descendants of genetically engineered super soldiers created to face the dragons in the ancient war.

Wyverians are most likely Abhumans, but I doubt the Hunters would allow the Imperium to purge the Felyne kind, and I doubt the Imperium would want to risk losing such a hearty crop of super humans over a bunch of dumb cats

I imagine the Imperium would be much more favorable with Felyne's since they are not just allies, but servile to the humans and wyverians in the world

The durability of the monsters seems to be a bit exaggerated.
If a sword can kill a fatalis then why couldn't orbital bombardment or a bunch of grey knights with power weapons?
Or even an IG artillery brigade?

>Are the Hunters in MH even human?
Nope. Not at all. They are genetically engineered warriors specifically made to fight and slay the cosmic horrors and horrible calamities that are the Elder Dragons. How else do you think they survive half the shit detailed in this thread?

>Also wouldn't the Imperium purge the palicoes and wyverians?
>Implying they fucking could
user, Palicoes are bullshit, and the Wyverians even moreso. In fact, the Wyverians are the folk who craft most of the armor and weaponry the Hunters wield in battle, as well as develop some of their more esoteric equipment. Really, the only reason why we don't see really Wyverians out there hunting is that they (usually) aren't made for it. Doesn't mean that they still wouldn't tear the Imperium a new asshole if they tried to start shit.

I can just imagine a Space Marine facing a Chaos Space Marine, the CSM gets the upper hand and goes to finish his opponent off when four cats knock him out of the way, load the Space Marine onto a stretcher and skedaddle away.

I could see space marines having fun with hunter weapons

Well, said swords are usually forged from other monsters, who are also incredibly powerful. I mean, theres no way orbital bombardment, grey knighrs with power weapons, or IG artillery brigade WOULDN'T kill a Fatalis, but if we stay true to it's reputation, the Fatalis wouldn't go down without tearing apart whatever it's being attacked by. Elder Dragons aren't just big monsters after all, they are forces of nature.

Also, the Fatalis is completely eternal and it's return is infinite. So it would either possess the Imperial forces who "slew it" and merge them together into a new body, or it would fly out of a spontaneously created black hole and fuck things up. And this would be when it's still massively jobbing, mind you.

>The Fatalis is a powerful, unnatural beast. The Fatalis's scales are extremely thick, while its shell is very durable. This is due to Fatalis melting the armor of its fallen prey on its shell, increasing its protection against some attacks. Fatalis doesn't seem to have very good eyesight, though this maybe partially be due to what its eyes are made of. Creepily, a Fatalis's eyes are made out of crystals. How is unknown. Fatalis's wing membrane is flexible, but as hard as metal. From this, Fatalis's wings don't break very easily, allowing it to fly at high speeds and support itself as it becomes airborne. Even on the ground, Fatalis is able to walk on all fours and rush prey at shocking speeds with sheer power behind its bulk. The most powerful feature is its powerful fiery breath. This fire is some of the strongest fire breath out of all monsters and can kill most enemies almost instantly. Recent encounters have revealed that Fatalis possess control over fire on par with Teostra and Lunastra. Its fire breath extends well beyond the length and height of the already large dragon and it can also release a reactive powder as well. This powder is more expansive than Teostra's and can be ignited. The exact workings of Fatalis's explosive attacks is still unknown. The Fatalis also possesses the extremely rare and deadly Dragon Element.

>In some legends about the Fatalis, there is a legend known by some as the Black Flame. This legend claims that the Second Coming of Fatalis is infinite. The Fatalis in this legend is quite different from the Fatalis seen in the other legends. This Fatalis is described to have six horns, a glowing blue chest, a short mane in between its spikes, bizarre fluids flowing through out its body, and the ability to control an element known as Black Flame. Black Flame is said to combine the elements Fire and Dragon together into a deadly combination. Despite both being combined together, Dragon seems to overtake this Fatalis's body, allowing it to do things not seen in other legends. This Fatalis is said to be able to send monsters running with a single flap of its wings. A creepy light coming from its eyes invites those it stares at into its dark depths. The fluids are said to have no exact weight and to be possibly caused by the Dragon Element. The very Dragon Element is said to be controlled by its horns. Its shell is impervious to strikes from weapons and has terrifying power inside of it, which could be unleashed at anytime. The scariest part about this legend is that not only is its strength far beyond the ones from the other legends, but its body shows signs of possible regenerative powers. This means that this Fatalis maybe able to regenerate after taking large amounts of damage, just like Dire Miralis can regenerate from its still beating heart. Thankfully, this legend hasn't been proven as of yet so the Guild has nothing to worry about.

>One thing that all the legends share about Fatalis is its equipment. This equipment is much more than what it appears to be. When hunters wear this monster's armor, they are known to disappear mysteriously without a trace or even die if the armor is worn for too long. Some who have worn the Fatalis's armor report having terrible nightmares, unsettling strength, and a feeling as if they were being possessed by something. They also report feeling a familiar pulse coming from the armor, a feeling as if their legs were taken from them. With some hunters wearing the armor of the Black Flame, they report feeling as if their body was taken over while they were unconscious. It is said that this equipment might be alive, meaning that Fatalis might not truly be dead. In Pokke Village, a giant black blade embedded in the ice is known to regenerate days after being mined once, which supports this claim that Fatalis is still alive. Other Fatalis weapons also seem to suggest that Fatalis is still alive in some form. Some weapons despair eat at the user's hands while other weapons, when held, have hideous abyssal screams coming from them. Some weapons even have a thirst for blood. From this, it is said that it's best to not to use any equipment from Fatalis in any form at all.

It still amazes me at how truly eldritch the Fatalis becomes, once you start reading it's lore. And most of the Other Elder Dragons are certainly up-there in terms of eldritch horror, that's for sure.

waiting for this to come out on PC is killing me. Should I just buy a pro and play it?

If you're waiting for the PC versions just wait for it, my dude. It hurts, but the wait will make it sweeter