/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Godzilla

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rules:
* Create a legal lord or hero choice to fight in the arena. Name them if you wish!
*Only 8th edition counts and only then the most recent army book is valid.
*Your magic item allowance is increased by 50 points from what it normally is. This includes dwarven runes but not anything else.
*No magic or bound spells and no mounts. Bretonnians and similar fighters lose their mount, virtue of empathy is not needed.
*Specify strength, toughness, weapon skill, wounds, attacks and initiative.
*Describe what the magic items and the special rules do since it’s easier for me.
*The fighter will count as charging in the first combat turn unless you decide to stand and shoot. If both stand and shoot the fighting will commence afterwards but no one will count as charging. Thrown weapons, pistols and bows are allowed.
*I will do the matchups and roll the dice personally.
*Results will be shown in the thread.

tl;dr Do a lord fighter and watch him kill other lords.

Armies picked:
VC
WoC
Skaven

Skaven Verminlord
Fellblade
Armour of Destiny

Damn, looks like the games I played in high school with my friends when we only had a couple infantry units. Pick your unit champion, load him with X points of magic items and wrestle for power in the arena.

Holy shit, tombcucks are fun as fuck to play as.
>endless armies of trashy bonemen.
>hierotitans with laser eyes
>Ushabti big birds
>"BRING ME NEFERATA'S HEAD"

General of the Empire.
Full Plate.
Runefang.
Von Wossname's specsomething.
Opal Amulet
Dragonbane Gem
Enchanted Shield

I did it as well and I just recently thought about it and decided to try it out here.
That was back in 7th edition but I can't for the life of me figure out who won. But I remember my own champion, he'll figure here as well.

That works but I need you to give me the stats, what the items do and it looks like maybe you'd want to add a pistol.

>Von Wossname's specsomething.
von horstmann's speculum

>Von Wossname's specsomething
I murdered so many heroes and lords with this piece of crap. This + Runefang actually makes me think that the Empire General has a shot and murdering the shit out of the top competitors.

>not ratzilla
Commit sudoku please

Even if obvious, it may be worth specifying

Do the characters fight in a challenge?

Yes they fight in a challenge. They also can't break from the fight and run. Effectively unbreakable.

Just wondering, but if you are going to be rolling with Van Hortsmann's, wouldn't it be better to adapt and make it a Wizard Lord to cripple the opponent with awful combat stats?

Not an empire player so I may be missing something very obvious

Saurus Oldblood (M4, WS6, BS0, S5, T5+1, W3, I3, A5, Ld*)
Light Armour
Shield
Dawnstone (reroll armour saves)
Sacred Stegadon Helm of Itza (+1 toughness, +1 to armour save, D3 Impact hits)
Piranha Blade (Armour piercing, D3 wounds)
Terrifying Mask of EEE!! (Terror)

Lizardmen - Tzitzkal, Oldblood

S - 5 / T - 5 / WS - 6 / I - 3 / A - 5 / W - 3
Rules:
-Cold-blooded (Roll 3 dice for Ld tests, pick highest 2)
-Predatory Fighter ("To hit" rolls of 6 generate an additional attack, which must also roll to hit and wound, attacks generated this way can't generate further attacks, must pursue as a fleeing reaction unless a Skink character is within 6')
-Scaly Skin (4+)

Items:
Blade of realities (100 pts)(Magic Weapon) - No armour or ward saves can be taken against Wounds caused by the Blade of Realities.
Armour of Destiny (50 pts)(Magic Armor) - Heavy armour with 4+ ward save (accounting for scaly skin totals 2+ Armor save)

My first pick was about Piranha blade w/Stegadon helm for D3 Impact hits with D3 multiple wounds and a better statline, but i just want to give a middle finger to all shitters stacking ward saves :^)
If any better Lizardmen player suggests something else, skip this suggestion, my WHFB skills are rusty as fuck, and I'm out of the loop, don't want to bring shame to my cold-blooded brothers

Oh thats a rerolled 1+ armour save

And see
For Special rules

Noted.
You're late so unless the first guy backs out in favour of yours, the other saurus goes.

Reason I don't like Blade of Realities, is that it eats up so many points, and with piranha blade you only need 2 wounds to go through to be fairly sure of death. Although, wight Lords will fuck anyone over, due to Heroic Killing Blow.

I'm not a huge fan either, but ignoring Ward saves seems invaluable in this case. I personally like the Stegadon helm / Piranha combo much more, but that opens the dreaded can of worms about whether they interact or not...

Can Brets pray before the battle?

In any case

Bretonnian Lord

M 4 / WS 6 / S 4 / T 4 / W 3 / I 6 / A 4 / LD 9

Grail Vow: Always 6+ Wardsave, 5+ vs S5+
Heavy Armor + Shield: 4+ Armor Save

Virtue of Heroism(40p): Killing Blow that also applies vs non-mansized targets
Sword of Swift Slaying(25p): Always Strikes First
Gromril Helmet(30p): +1 Armor, AS becomes rerollable
Potion of Speed: +3I one use only
Armor of Midsummer Sun(45p): 5+ Armor Save, -1 to all To Hit Rolls vs Lord
Enchanted Shield (5p): +2 AS

In total:
2+ Rerollable Armor Save
6+ Wardsave, 5+ vs S5 and Up
Heroic Killing Blow
ASF at I6, for one turn at I9
-1 to Hit

Well they clearly don't.
FAQ
Q: Does a weapon that gives a bonus to a characteristic only give that bonus when being used to attack a model?(p4) A: Most weapons, including magic weapons, state when the bonus is given. For example, a model with the Fencer’s Blades will always have Weapon Skill 10 whilst a model with a great weapon will only have +2 Strength when striking an enemy in close combat. When a weapon does not say when the characteristic bonus applies, then it only applies when striking, or being struck, in close combat.

You pray before entering the arena. No worries.
You're in!

That seems to be three different kinds of magical armour he's wearing which isn't legal.

What was the chaos players reaction to their faction ultimately winning the WHFB?

And heavy armour on top of it.

Yep.

EA did them justice in crunch to how awesome they are in fluff.

>tfw Tomb Kitty pounces on WoC

Defending themselves from everyone else that hated it.

>There will never be a FAQ to clear this shit
I'd disagree because the shit wording on the piranha blade grants the multiple wounds and AP to the wielder, not to the weapon, and Impact Hits and Multiple Wounds do stack together.
The Lizardmen armybook is a mess with some rules and was in dire need of FAQ'ing

>The wielder has the Multiple Wounds (D3) and Armour Piercing special rules - Lizardmen Armybook 8th Ed

Gee Jaques! How come your Lady lets you wear four armors?

To expand on this, most Chaosfags weren’t thrilled but got verbally attacked as if they were.

The end of End was hated by almost everyone. Those of us who looked at it with only mild dislike such as myseld grew to hate it in retrospect when AoS dropped and turned out to be a huge disappointment.

that is true. So it would apply. But it probably would have been FAQ'd had ET not happened

Nonmagical armor and shield isn't counted into the save but I'm still retarded because I just slapped on the Midsummer Armor and Shield on top of my old lord.. For some reason I tought different kinds of armor stacked.
Let's just swap those for a Talisman of Preservation.
Now please excuse myself while I go and fucking neck myself in shame.

No worries my dude! But to be clear, are you leaving the gromril helmet on and leaving the midsummer sun armour and enchanted shield behind?

And that's why you have to watch your flanks with Bretonnian knights.

Does anyone have a more high quality version of this image? I can't find one for the life of me.

>EA
N-nani?

Correct

verminlord only comes as is, cant give him shit. Also last thread we already made a warlord, though that trip user didnt give him a name or clan.

As I Chaos player I remember it like it was yesterday.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

Much gloating and shit posting.
End Times /wfg/ was truly a thing to behold.

seraphon was here, chaos is a loser

>I'd disagree because the shit wording on the piranha blade grants the multiple wounds and AP to the wielder, not to the weapon, and Impact Hits and Multiple Wounds do stack together.
>The Lizardmen armybook is a mess with some rules and was in dire need of FAQ'ing
>
>>The wielder has the Multiple Wounds (D3) and Armour Piercing special rules - Lizardmen Armybook 8th Ed

I do agree, but if my opponent argues, I tend to just let it go. They're usually going to die anyway.

Don't forget, Blade of Realities is one-handed. You can equip a (non-magical) shield to give yourself a 1+ armor save.

I like the blade of realities too, but isn't just a +2 (or +3) strength pretty acceptable? STR 7 attacks means you wound T5 on 2's, and you'll be getting approx 5.5 of them (the odds of pred fighter procing is around 50%)

So this doesn't count but:
Oldblood
shield
Armor of destiny
Dawnstone
giants blade
other tricksters shard

if my math is right that's 150 points of magic items for a 1+ rerollable, 4++ and 5 or 6 strength 8 attacks that force the re-roll on successful ward saves. seems legit.

Missed thread?

Why would you say that?

Playing against dwarves in an hour. How fucked am I?

Skaven 2000
LORDS
>Grey Seer w/ Talisman of Preservation
>Warlord on Bonebreaker w/ Shield, sword of corruption and armor of destiny
HEROES
>LVL 2 Engineer w/ Foul Pendant and Warp energy condenser
>BSB Chieftan w/ Talisman of Endurance, shield and halberd
CORE
>30 Clanrats w/ full command, shields and warpfire thrower
>30 Clanrats w/ full command, spears, shields and warpfire thrower
>18 Stormvermin w/ full command and shields (warlord and hero bunker)
SPECIAL
>2 Rat Ogres w/ Champ
>2 Rat Ogres w/ Champ
RARE
>Doomwheel
>Abombination

>whipping a dead horse

One knight down, forty to go.
Man, it's impossible to find gw plastic knight boxes.

Just recast what you have.

Its what everyone who is lucky enough to have originals is doing.

After Warhammer died I went on ebay and bought three boxes from three different sellers just because they were cheap. I haven't glued together a single knight, but someday I will do my Bretonnia army and it will be glorious.

>ET lover
>/wfg/

Hump terrain, or just fucking run full blast at them to stomp cannons from raining on you. Your warpfire throwers probably will not survive. As powerful as they are, weapon teams are a huge kick me sign and move or shoot hinders them far too much. Hide them until ranged enemy's are tied up.
Your only reliable (and in a skaven sense, not too much at all) source of artillery hunting is your doomwheel, so guess what he should be doing. The abomination is always amazing, but dwarves have fire runes. A flaming cannonball pretty much stops all the cool shit on him.
Dwarven gun lines are bullshit. It will be rough for you, but magic could swing it in your favor. Have your meat shields up.

So what?
Just because I had fun with the end doesn't mean I stopped liking the rest.
It truly felt great when Chaos won.

>Questing Knight with an awesome helmet

Damn, now I have a boner.

Only thing I could say is that I think the grey of the horse blends in a bit with the chainmail. Could stand to make it a darker color.

>It truly felt great when Chaos won.
Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be too busy with your new blood-blood-insertrandomword toys?

As a fellow Chaosfag, I’m kind of confused too.
End Times sucked from the poinr it was clear it would be The End and not just Storm Of Chaos 2, it was like finding everyone and their mother bandwagoned the exact same list as your fluff army because the next edition favored them heavily. I felt pissed at being connected to the garbage by my thematic choice. Especially since the absolute worst characters got to be the stars, I get what TK players felt after being told Nagash was their God Emperor given Archaon was put in charge of all Chaos forever.

>Then why are you here?

I just told you. Just because I enjoyed the end doesn't mean I stopped enjoying the rest.
This is like saying I can't talk about Lord of the Rings because I liked Return of the King.

>This is like saying I can't talk about Lord of the Rings because I liked Return of the King.
Wrong, AoS-kid.

Can you explain why it's wrong?

Lord of the rings are the single series, while ET is just AoS prequel.

It's okay man, just ignore him. He's looking for someone to bait.

Can you explain why it's wrong without injecting your opinion?

You're probably right.

What's the drawer on his back for

>Can you explain why it's wrong
But it's right.

huh
gotta find a tutorial then

to keep all the damsel panties that are gifted to him

Hey guys
Some faggot in the /twg/ thread is saying the Red Duke isn't a blood knight. Is there anything saying he is?

He's a blood dragon, a former Bretonnian nobleman.

Technically he's a blood dragon, a blood knight I believe could be of the Von Carstein bloodline as well.

Blood Dragon - vampire bloodline
Blood Knights - elite cavalry unit made from press moulded cocaine

Weren't Blood Knights generally Bretonnian knights who went questing for the Grail but failed and got powered up from the vampires?

No, they were an Imperial Order called the Order of the Blood Dragon, who were turned to Vampirisim by Walach Harkon.

Top kek I rolled three ones om the plauge spell and lost 37 clanrats and 9 stormvermin.
By the way can warpfire throwers use their weapons in combat?

Weren't they just a bunch of vampires trying to emulate that one vampire that killed a dragon and drank its blood and got super powers.

Thats Blood Dragons.
Blood Knights are a subset of Blood Dragons.
The Red Duke is not a Blood Knight but he is a Blood Dragon.

Holy fuck. Did anyone read the Tomb King epilogue? The Liche priest in the cutscene is actually Thutep, Nagash's brother. And he's planning to permanently kill Nagash.

No.

You're gonna lose bro, need them gutter runners for warmachine hunting.

Seems like the blade of realities is needed to deal with that chaos lord.

Just won. Everything died except warlord, grey seer and chieftan in the same unit all on only one wound and a doomwheel on three!
Super fun game.

Seems like bullsht, Thutep was a king, not a Liche Priest.

Strangely enough, plague has also fucked me more then helped me nay times.
Warpfire cant be used in combat unfortunately, on globadiers have a work around like that.
Well, good end. Skaven games are pretty much a coin flip. So much power in such unstable rules. Guess that fluff-to-crunch ratio ius what drew me to them.

Yeah I play Night Gobbos and Skaven so there is no escape from the crazy!

Is he really a Liche Priest though? If it was a cutscene, it could be he just kinda looks like one at a glance.

I wouldn't give the theory any credence if not for the fact that Thutep was buried alive in a pyramid, and that means he could have been reawoken.

So whens this smackdown happening? Will organizer use a trip so we can get some updates? Its really nice seeing people discuss table top stuff. Got me rooting for teams and match ups. My favorite part of table top was watching improbable odds destroyed by heroic rolls.

How do you pronounce Druchii?

I just take the Latin approach:
Drew-key-eye

Yeah, that's how I do it too, but then I realized I never heard anyone actually say it outloud, people just say Dark Elf/Elves all the time.

Pretty sure they say it in Total Warhammer.
But yeah, I still call them Dark Elfs. Because I'm stubborn like that.
And I will always call them Imperial Guard, not Astra Milifuckoff.

While we're talking about Lords, would a Bretonnian Lord on a Pegasus with the Questing Vow, the Virtue of Knightly Temper, the Morningstar of Fracasse, and the Gromil Great Helm be alright? I'm willing to be more fluffy than crunch, I just don't want the Lord to be completely useless or a waste of points.

>Malekith was actually the one true king, you guys
>Forget the thousands of years dedicated to High Elf genocide that resulted in not only the near-extinction of the species, but a near sundering of Ulthuan itself
>Nope, Asuryan still likes this guy, and everyone needs to follow him

Von Horstmann's doesn't transfer weapon skill. So if you enemy has high WS, you're at a big disadvantage to your to-hit rolls.

No, we don't need to talk about the ass garbage of End Times. Not again.

I haven't played TW2.

They pronounce it Drew-key in TW2