How the fuck am I supposed to play d&d with only one friend?

How the fuck am I supposed to play d&d with only one friend?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/F8teW7rr
mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyhawk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

An hero

You only need one player, genius.

OP here, how the fuck do I play by myself?

One on one sessions are actually pretty fun if you both know what you're doing. You just need to figure out a game that doesn't require a full party.

Does someone else have a really scornful image reaction they can post for me? I don't have anything suitably caustic.

A single-player game is still a game. Now you can make them the hero of a story and not have to share the spotlight.
Introduce a dreaded GMPC as a sidekick.
Let them quest and pick up allies along their journey who you can kill off a lot easier due to not being a player character.
Party balancing is no longer a problem, so let them be something out of the monster manual.
Literally, the only problem you would have is that a lot more pressure is put onto you and your friend to perform, and you don't have others to resolve debates.

Recruit more friends. If you can't make more friends, apologise to your existing friend/carer and french an oncoming train.
Nothing you can post will punish him as much as his existence does.

Try playing it with no friends, faygot

;_;

iktf user
play scarlet heroes

Go make more friends. My old group broke up and didn't know anyone who'd be interested. My FLGS has a meetup board and poked around there for a few months. I had my share of mismatched groups, some were just game expectations and others were just That Guy fests but I eventually formed a new group. We've play weekly for a little over a year and occasionally do other stuff outside the game together.

Being a Veeky Forums shut-in will get you no where. If you want something, make moves for it, shit doesn't just fall out of the sky.

Also stop posting shitty pepes.

>"i call it the smell-o-scope!"

>play scarlet heroes

Came here to say this. It lets you play old D&D modules (the ones that say like "for 3-8 players") with just one player and one DM, by increasing the power level of the PC to roughly Conan/Fafhrd & Gray Mouser levels. Pic related.

In that case, there are plenty of single player games, as that has always been a big niche in wargaming, and it came along for the ride when RPGs fell out of that scene. You've got gamebooks, solo modules, purpose-built solo RPGs, and GM emulators that can more-or-less replace a GM and let you play games by yourself that weren't built to do so.

pastebin.com/F8teW7rr - Solo links, tons of info
mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG - An old solo game archive, way out of date and missing tons of stuff, but the big solo trove from the share thread is down ATM.

Scarlet Heroes also lets you play completely by yourself. Truly, it suits all needs.

I'll also include PDF related, it's how I turn any game into a solo game.

Go looking for teenage runaways in the local homeless camp and offer to take a few of them in and feed them if they'll play D&D with you and your friend.

They'll have great insights into the life of a murderhobo.

Grognard identified

Arrgh! You caught me!

you are supposed to make some on the way, i guess.

Hire some friends, but then at the end of the adventure, they learn that they've become your real friends. Payment is no longer needed for them to stay friends. But this is the real world so they still need money, whereupon they break your ankles when they learn you have no money.

Try Mythic GM Emulator.

Half of the campaigns for old school D&D came out of Gygax running the game for one guy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyhawk

Here we are. One of the most iconic modules of all time, and half of it was played solo